Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (2/18)

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/18/2017 1:13 AM

~**~

Lovey Love Breeding Season

Love is in the air! And in the water, too. While scientists have not been able to determine if it was intentional or just a freak accident, a whole batch of Lovely Love Potions have gotten into the water supply. During this season, all breeding pairs, regardless of gender, may breed without the use of a Lovey Love potion.

This season is predicted to last for the remainder of February.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

MAJOR UPDATE

Postby Kyrit » 07/21/2017 11:53 AM

It has been almost  two months since users asked staff to do away with the Lovey Love Potions and Eternal Love Elixir. While I can confirmed we have not done away with the Lovey Love Potion, staff continued to talk until we at least came to a compromise that would give users what they want without damaging Evelon's lore of helping couples in need with magic. Information on the potion is still listed in the Mage's Brewery, but if you look at it there is no mention of a price. Instead it state "Supplied by Breeding Facility."

If you have bought and not used a LLP/ELE since the first of the year, your Keystones will be refunded to you within the next week (possibly by the end of today. We'll see, since I might have to run in to work to cover). If you have an unused LLP or ELE from before the first of the year, you will be given a 25 KS Marketplace voucher.

This isn't all the news I bring on the breedable front though! A large part of the reason this update took so long is that the Breeding Center Front Desk needed to be updated with the new information regarding LLPs and in general was mostly rewritten to hopefully make it a little bit lighter of a read. Please be sure to read through the rules on breedings, as there have been some updates! I'll give a few highlights here, but it's still best to give the thread a full read.

° The breeding must follow all roleplaying rules, with a minimum of 75 words per post. Any post found under 75 words will not count toward the 25 posts required for a room to pass.
° The initiator must have, on hand, half the cost of a room in order to pay for a deposit on the based on species being bred (this step is skipped is you are breeding using a Breeder Boost or are using a room key). Once a room is completed, the second half of the room fee will be subtracted from the initiator. Staff will not take split payments - have your partner send you their half if you are splitting costs. Below are the costs of each room, and what the deposits are:
       Kuhnas: Deposit - 65 KS | Final Payment - 65 KS | Total Payment - 130 KS
       Lucain: Deposit - 85 KS | Final Payment - 85 KS | Total Payment - 170 KS
       Paragon: Deposit - 85 KS | Final Payment - 85 KS | Total Payment - 170 KS
       Soveri: Deposit - 85 KS | Final Payment - 85 KS | Total Payment - 170 KS

° You will not be required to make the final payment if a room fails for any reason.

These are the largest of the changes made. As you can see, all breeding room prices were raised a bit. This covers the inclusion of the LLP and the fact that you now gain KS in the breeding area! Yep, we promised it, KS gain is back in the breeding area. We're hoping that the new set up will keep the overall price increase from making it harder for users to start rooms though.

The Information Center has also been updated, as it was a bit outdated and didn't even have a section for Soveris Breeder Notes.

Last but not least, you'll see in the Breeding Facility section on the front page there is a new forum called the Records Facility! All of the various Hall of Records threads have been moved there (and split in to posts of 25 litters) along with the Kuhna pairing list and a new thread; the Breeding License Tracker.

We know it's been a long while in waiting, but hopefully everyone will enjoy the changes that have been made.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (7/21 Major Update)

Postby Mojave » 07/21/2017 7:56 PM

WHOOOOO! :D Not gonna lie, I was almost mad about the price increases until I read we got KS gain back. TOTALLY WORTH IT! Thanks everyone! <3
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (12/11)

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/11/2017 2:39 AM

~**~

It's been awhile, but it seems that a brand new breeding season is going into effect!

Evelon scientists are baffled with this curious breeding season, that they have come to call Color Drop, which seems to throw random, but consistent, colors throughout the season. During this season, a certain color is thrown in breedings, and may appear on any or all of the offspring, as if the color naturally came from one of the parents. It may show up pure, or it may be mixed with other colors from the parents' coats, scales, or feathers. This applies to all custom-style breedings.

This season, specifically, is Color Drop: White meaning white (or almost white, since artists rarely use pure white) will show up on offspring!

This season is predicted to last for the remainder of December.

Further explanation of Color Drop Seasons:
During this season, let's say it's Color Drop: Green for the sake of the explanation, for each breeding, the artist will choose ONE green hex code, be it lime, forest, or any other shade of green. That color is then used the same way as if it is on one of the parents' markings. The color may show up as is on offspring, it can be mixed with other colors on the parents (like if the artist chose lime, but a parent has black they can make darker greens with it, or if the season calls for red, and a parent has blue, a baby could have purple.) The color can show up on any or all of the babies, since it's being treated as though it is on one of the parents.

Each time this season appears, it may end up throwing a different color, and will be indicated.

Color Drop: White, as well as Color Drop: Black, are a little less complex since neither really come in drastically different shades, unlike other colors.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Bye bye, babies

Postby Kyrit » 01/01/2018 12:17 PM

You know it, we know it. Baby forms for breedables almost never get used anymore, since it's been a secret staff ruling that if a breeding has been sitting around a long while (around a month) we feel baby and just give you adult kids.

That said, we're going to start fresh with the new year and finally officially drop the use of them. From now on you'll always be given adult offspring, even if we finish your litter the day you finished the room.

Worry not, those rare few that would like to still see their breedables in a child stage. While it won't be instant, the impel liquor is going to be renamed and repurposed within the next week or so to make liters it's used on sit around as kids for a week. You'll see some marketplace vouchers making their rounds too, as its price is going to get slashed as well, falling in to the 10 KS "for flavor" potions section.

Theoretically, the potion changes should be made by the end of Friday.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (01/12)

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/13/2018 1:00 AM

~**~

As we're kicking off the new year, another breeding season is upon us!

Endangered Blessing
It seems as though one the of the deities is smiling down upon the Kuhnas. In all regular Kuhna breedings the chance of an Endangered RARE Kuhna being born in a litter has increased. Scientists have predicted that there is a 20% chance of one of these rare Kuhnas being born for the duration of this season.

This season is predicted to last a week, running from now through the 19th.

To clarify, as long as users start their breeding during the season, the seasons effects shall remain.

So get out there are breed them Kuhnas!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (02/14)

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/14/2018 1:48 AM

~**~

For reasons unknown, the seasons seem to also be getting in on the recent Valentine's Day festivities!

Color Drop: Pink
Various shades of pink, from hot pink to antique pink to a more red or a more purple pink will show up on offspring!

Evelon scientists are baffled with this curious breeding season, that they have come to call Color Drop, which seems to throw random, but consistent, colors throughout the season. During this season, a certain color is thrown in breedings, and may appear on any or all of the offspring, as if the color naturally came from one of the parents. It may show up pure, or it may be mixed with other colors from the parents' coats, scales, or feathers. This applies to all custom-style breedings.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

UPDATE

Postby Kyrit » 02/16/2018 10:35 PM

We're added a new rule to the breeding area that will allow us to prevent litters from sitting in the nursery for years and years. While we don't think it'll come up very often, here it is so you guys can familiarize yourselves!

4. If a litter remains unclaimed for a total of 365 days, staff will take it in to their hands to ensure the litter finds a home. If only one person was involved in the breeding, the litter will automatically be delivered. If two users were involved in the breeding, the litter will be delivered to whichever user has been active (has posted somewhere) within a month prior to the litter being sent out. If neither user is currently active, the litter will be delivered to the Adoption Agency, forfeited by the inactive users.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (02/16)

Postby BaalsBaby » 03/21/2018 10:32 AM

~**~

It appears that on this fine WedNESTday (get it?), one of the recent Soveris breedings has produced a new little quirk that can be encountered at random! It’s an uncommon trait in which the front pair of a Soveris’s legs are differently colored than the back (which can include talon and scale colors as well)! Congrats to the first lucky couple who produced this new breeding quirk, now dubbed as Bi-Color Feet~

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (6/27)

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/27/2018 4:09 PM

~**~

Rainbow Wonder breeding season!

Even without rain, there is a strange phenomenon where rainbows are appearing all across the sky. Scientists can't explain it. Nor can they explain the strange effects it is having on newborn offspring. During this strange time, Lucain pups, Paragon hatchlings, Soveris chicks, and even custom Kuhna kits are ending up with random colors that aren't found on their parents. Some cases are small, such as one baby ending up with an odd colored mini mark, while some babies are effected on a much larger scale. There is no telling just what colors will show up! In most cases, this season does not appear to last longer than ten days.

This season will last through Thursday, July 7th, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (10/26)

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/26/2018 12:00 AM

~**~

New Moon breeding season!

For a short period of time, the moon isn't visible in the sky during the day nor night. During this period of time the offspring of breeding pairs tend to be born with slightly darker skin or fur than their parents; that is, unless the parents are already pretty dark, of course. These babies are not typically born black, but their colors are oddly darker than would be expected. This season only last for 5 days, with the moon only being fully gone on the third day. Our scientists are trying to figure out why the lack of light from the moon could cause such an occurrence.

This season will last through Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (11/14)

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/14/2018 1:19 AM

~**~

Colorization breeding season!

A peculiar breeding season that our scientists have yet to find a scientific explanation for, thus, they've come to reason that it may be the work of magic, in some form. Further study is required. During this time, some offspring born may have more colorful coats than usual. Specifically, offspring from custom style breedings will be born with colored line art. Most commonly, either one offspring will be born with fully colored line art, or more than one will be born with partially colored line art.

This season will last through Friday, November 23rd, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (11/14)

Postby crow » 12/10/2018 4:05 AM

~**~

Radiance breeding season!

The darkness of the winter season seems to be producing a strange effect in the local population. During this season, more babies are born with glowing markings than usual, perhaps as a way of warding off the gloom. At least one offspring is guaranteed to be born with glows even if they aren't present in the parents, and glows are more common than usual.

This season will last through Friday, December 21st, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (12/10)

Postby Redd » 01/15/2019 7:24 PM

Not much from me, but just giving y'all a heads up. As the server migration has been in effect for a few months now, I'm posting a bit of a reminder that users need to be making sure they're using the correct urls (outside of the rare few incorrect urls due to evo-lux/addons) in the breeding area.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (2/16 Breeding Season)

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/16/2019 6:52 PM

~**~

Color Drop: Valentines breeding season!
Various shades of red, pink, and/or purple will show up on offspring!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext