Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

.: Color Revamp Update! :.

Postby Kreepy » 03/20/2017 10:27 PM

Oh hay! So I'm just here to inform you today of a few things that have been happening in regards to our freely available pet species.

So the story is, in short, I've got the go ahead from Baal to fix up our colors and make them a bit more unique and interesting. Some haven't been touched, others have been changed but do try to keep the original theme in mind! A lot of our older pets may be drawn in the new art style, such as the Batti, Sygriff and Matches, but have coloration that don't quite match our standard of art or shading style.  So what I'm doing right now is giving them a face lift, so it's the same pets with a fresh new look.

In addition to full out revamps, I am planning redo a few of the older pets just to touch up the shading, fix the pixelly lineart and leave the base colors intact just to tide them over until they eventually get revamped.

Please note that these changes (excluding new pet releases) are not immediate. I am still working on how I'm going to roll this out and, in addition I am polishing a lot of back end stuff on the website, so traits won't be updated on there until I'm done. You're welcome to add these new traits to your pets, however.
That said, I might do a staggered release of maybe a few pets or a few colors at a time, I'll keep you all informed.

I do understand however, this might be a jarring change for some and I understand that some people might even be fond of those older schemes. So what I'm doing here is showing you all the colors and a little blurb of each of them, just so you know what to expect, moving forward. These will eventually be moved somewhere else for reference but I'm just chucking them here for visibility right now.

As an important note, we won't be removing the older versions, so if you prefer them, you are welcome to use the old images.

If you have any questions regarding this overhaul, do let me know!

ImageImage

Common Pets aren't special in any way. Well, they have unique color schemes and as the name suggests, they are the most common coloration found on for each species.
Associated Element: None
Associated Traits: None

ImageImage
Aqua pets are most easily recognised by their turquoise to dark teal base. Seafoam, sand and brown colors are also commonly found on these pets and occasionally they will have purple accents.
These pets are most commonly found around ports or docksides and are at home in water.
Associated Element: Water
Associated Passive Traits: Hydrodynamic, Ocean Dweller
Associated Battle Traits: Flood

ImageImage
Battlefield pets were genetically created during the early Warring Periods of Evelon, bred solely for the purpose of war. They possess colors of khaki, tan and forest green to help them blend into their surroundings.
Associated Passive Traits: Adaptable
Associated Battle Traits: Rousing Speech

ImageImage
More plant and fungus than animal, the Biolune's body tissues are soft and almost fully malleable. They possess a dark black base and are patterned with unique markings in a variety of colors that glow softly in the dark. It's unknown how these pets came to be and due to their rarity, they are limited.
Please note, for now, this line is discontinued.
Associated Element: Earth
Associated Passive Traits: Cave Dweller, Luminescent
Associated Battle Traits: None

ImageImage
Found exclusively in hot environments such as Wilt'no and Nori Volcano, the Blaze coloration tend to be volatile with skin that is hot to touch and possess a mastery over fire. They are easily distinguished from other pets by their red, orange and yellow coats that constantly gives off a soft light.
Associated Element: Fire
Associated Passive Traits: Heat Adaptation
Associated Battle Traits: Flame Resistant, Pyro

ImageImage
Bleached pets exist due to a rare genetic quirk that removes most, if not all pigments from the pets skin, leaving them with a color scheme that is predominantly cream and pale pink with pastel green accents. Please note that due to this, Bleached pets suffer under intense sunlight and proper care is highly recommended. Due to the rarity of this quirk and the necessary upkeep required to keep them healthy, adoption of this coloration is limited.
Associated Passive Traits: Photosensitivity

ImageImage
Despite the name, Blood pets are not necessarily 'bloody' by nature. The name 'Blood' instead, was given to them as a visual pun, as their coats are most commonly blood red marked with striking blue accents. They also can be found in tan and black colors, though limited in amount. Generally, species of this coloration are highly energetic and can be quite a handful.
Associated Passive Traits: Dash

ImageImage
The Blossom pet coloration is heavily associated with florists and herbalists. This is due to their ability to magically stimulate nearby flowers into bloom. They are most noted for their  brown and pink hides, though they are also seen with splashes of purple or white.
Associated Passive Traits: Herbalist
Associated Battle Traits: Mother Nature's Son

Note, no example available yet

The Candy pet color, named moreso after the Kanua line due to bright saturated colors that the candy-themed Kuhna line sports, is probably one of the most diverse color pools on evelon. They will either have some sort of blue or cyan base with pink accents or vice versa. Green and yellow colors also pop up quite frequently.
Associated Passive Traits: Hyper

ImageImage
The Chaos color is most easily recognized by it's distinctive black and red color scheme. Pets born with this color are also identifiable by their strangely lifeless eyes. Members of this coloration tend to be predisposed to aggression and violence and scientists have reported findings that a large portion of their DNA is very different from that of their Common brethren.
Associated Passive Traits: Chaotic Mind

ImageImage
More machine than animal, Clockwork creatures have internal mechanisms instead of organs, oil instead of blood. However, most bizarrely, they still function exactly the same as their living counterparts.
Clockwork pets possess a base of steel and dark grey metal with yellow and green accents and more often than not, will resemble machines rather than animals. Due to their rarity and the potential threat that glitches and bugs may pose to owners, this coloration is limited.
Associated Element: Metal
Associated Passive Traits: Cyborg, Diligent
Associated Battle Traits: Metal Plating

ImageImage
The Cobalt coloration is most notably known for being active at night, even if the species is typically diurnal. Their hides are prized due to the striking ultramarine and deep blue colors and patterns of gold or beige.
Associated Passive Traits: Night Vision

ImageImage
The Concept coloration is a mystery that baffles even Evelon's top scientists. According to myth they are true existing creatures who were once thoughts or imaginations of the owner but came to life via magical means. They are purely blue in coloration.
Associated Passive Traits: None
Associated Battle Traits: Elusive Foe

ImageImage
The Cursed coloration, technically isn't an individual coloration, rather a mutation of the Chaos color. Individuals are identified by scarlet, orange and black colors, along with glowing eyes and growths such as spines or claws. It is unknown what exactly triggers the transformation, but pets found in this color are highly aggressive and approaching them is not recommended.
Associated Passive Traits: Chaotic Mind, Disease Immunity, Fast Healing

ImageImage
The Dreamsnare are a coloration found naturally in the Chaos Realm, where they are able to manipulate the dreaming minds of those in the physical Realm. They are most easily identified by their black bodies, which are decorated with mint colored patterns that crisscross or look similar to a Lunafly. Occasionally, they slip through to the physical realm, but due to the rarity of this event happening, Dreamsnare adoption is limited.
Associated Element: Energy
Associated Passive Traits: Dream Weaver, Planar Travel

ImageImage
The Glacial color is a hardy variant of pet, adapted for life in cold environments, and can commonly be found in mountains or Lambastia's most northern region. They possess thick fur that helps ward off the cold, and have some basic ice abilities to make life in the snow manageable. Glacials are usually white with black markings or vice versa, and usually possess blue or dark teal accents.
Associated Element: Ice
Associated Passive Traits: Cold Adaptation
Associated Battle Traits: Frost, Snowshoes

ImageImage
The Hollow coloration is most notably known for its distinctive black and orange color scheme and unique markings. Not much is known about the Hollow coloration but they are known to prey on non-corporeal species, which is why they've become so affiliated with Evelon's Halloween holiday.
Associated Element: Dark
Associated Passive Traits: Spirit Sense
Associated Battle Traits: Spectral Strike

ImageImage
The Imperial coloration is not a naturally occurring color, but instead was selectively bred by Lambastian royalty to mimic the national colors. Later on, it was adopted by the Lambastian military and is now seen as a symbol of pride for the Imperial Army. A purebred Imperial pet possesses a white base, red markings and occasionally grey accent colors.
Associated Passive Traits: Defender, Loyal

ImageImage
The Jewel color is the product of years of domestication, and there is little evidence to support any wild populations of the color existing any more. This is due to their highly unique hides; feathers, scales and hair are composed of an organic crystal-like structure that gives the pet their name. There is evidence to support that Jewel pets used to be dull brown before selective breeding, but now they exclusively are purple with teal, blue and/or pink accents.
Associated Battle Traits: Tough Hide

ImageImage
An ancient coloration only recently just rediscovered, the Lost pets are an enigmatic species only discoverable through undertaking Explorations. Folklore states that they're a race of Seraph exiled by the Gods for failing to protect their charges, and they spend their days wandering the lands, trying to atone for their mistakes. They are easily identified by their dark black hides, covered in light pastel stars and clouds and striking silver accents.
Associated Element: Light
Associated Passive Traits: Celestial Heritage, Defender, Extended Life Span
Associated Battle Traits: Shining Aura

ImageImage
It is a color closely tied with Evelon's Winter, and Christmas by extension. Most of Evelon's holiday themes and imagery is based around these creatures, and specifically colors of dark green, ruby red, and gold. It's theorized that the Noel color is actually a winter coat or adaptation to the cold, as the species is rarely seen outside of the winter months.
Associated Element: Ice
Associated Passive Traits:Cold Adaptation, Pure Soul
Associated Battle Traits: Snowshoes

ImageImage
Organic pets are most at home in jungles and forests where their emerald, leafgreen and brown pelts help them blend in to either hunt or hide from predators. They are often confused with Wood pets on first glance but they usually have pink or light green accents to help set them apart.
Associated Passive Traits: Jungle Dweller
Associated Battle Traits: Mother Nature's Son

ImageImage
Plush pets, named for their unusually soft fur and feathers, are generally a docile and calm color. This has earned them popularity amongst city pet owners looking for an easy first pet to own. However, they possess strong parental instincts and have been known to react viciously to anything threatening their owners. They are most notable for their soft pink colors, usually accompanied by white or cream bellies and magenta or blue accents.
Associated Passive Traits: Defender
Associated Battle Traits: Team Defense

ImageImage
The Prismatic pet was the outcome of a scientific experiment attempting to produce a genetically stable 'perfect' specimen of each species. Instead, what was produced was a creature with a white hide with markings in all colors of the rainbow. Behaviourally, these pets are no different to their common counterparts and eventually the project was branded as a failure and these creatures were instead bred as household pets.

ImageImage
The Purine coloration is considered to be the national pet color of Barakka. They were initially selectively bred in the colors of white and baby blue. In days of old, they used Purine pets to fight in their armies, but now are considered a symbol of pride for Barakkans. Occasionally, owners choose to dye or tattoo the Purine symbol onto their pets.
Associated Passive Traits: Defender, Loyal

ImageImage
Creatures of the Saffron coloration tend to congregate in arid regions such as The Vast Plains, or regions where thunderstorms happen frequently. Their skin is capable of gathering and holding an electric charge, which they can then discharge in a series of disorientating bursts, as either a defensive mechanism or to dazzle prey. They are colored with a yellow coat, patterned with light blue or ultramarine markings and can rarely have white or black accents.
Associated Element: Energy
Associated Passive Traits: Plains Dweller
Associated Battle Traits: Razzle Dazzle, Sink

ImageImage
Long believed to be affiliated with Seraphim, the Sky coloration is a very rare and fragile species. They possess very light bones, their skin or fur possess aerodynamic properties and they have some control over the air currents around them, allowing them to glide for short distances. They are most commonly colored in a mixture of navy, white and sky-blue and sometimes will possess unique, cloud-like markings.
Due to the fragility and rarity of this species, adoption of them is limited.
Associated Element: Air
Associated Passive Traits: Altitude Adaptation
Associated Battle Traits: Bolstering Winds, Solid Stance

ImageImage
The Temple coloration is believed to be an ancient color variant, originating from the depths of the Basantha Shrine. These creatures, on average, are significantly larger than their Common counterparts, and they do not require food or water to survive.
Their bodies are made entirely of carved grey stone, and glowing, blue lines of light course all along their bodies.
Associated Passive Traits: Hulking Figure, Thought-Speech
Associated Battle Traits: Earthquake Stomp, Stoneblood

ImageImage
The Treasure pet is named so due to its pelts of gold, silver and white. Its fur, feathers and scales are unique in that, they are made up of a strange material that reflects light and gives the pet the appearance that it's glowing softly and they can use this as a means of defense. Treasure pets are considered bringers of good luck, and for this reason they have sadly been hunted almost to extinction and adoption of them is limited.
Associated Element: Light
Associated Passive Traits: Hunted
Associated Battle Traits: Blinding Blaze, Shining Aura

ImageImage
Venom pets are named for their brightly colored pelts and the high concentration of toxins stored in their skin. They possess such an adaptation to avoid predation and the neurotoxins stored in their skin can kill in the space of hours, even if a tiny amount of meat is consumed. Venom colored predators also have the ability to secrete venom in their saliva and use this to hunt prey efficiently.
To warn off predators, Venom pets are mostly often colored in a neon green base with black and vivid purple markings.
Associated Element: Acid
Associated Passive Traits: Toxic
Associated Battle Traits: Bioaccumulation, Poison Immunity

ImageImage
The Void coloration is set apart from other colorations due to an extremely bizarre adaptation that seems to leave them devoid of all emotion, though some are capable of exhibiting negative ones. That said, they are capable of faking emotions to a degree. They are most recognizable by their black coats, covered in purple and silver markings.
Associated Element: Dark
Associated Passive Traits: Stoic
Associated Battle Traits: Dark Heart, The Will's Connection

ImageImage
It is unknown if the Voltage coloration evolved to survive in urban environments, or if they simply just thrive there, but it is almost unheard of to see wild Voltage pets anywhere else. They have an electrical current in their body, controlled by a special organ that allows them to store energy and discharge shocks when threatened. They are identifiable by their light grey pelts covered in blue markings.
Associated Element: Electricity
Associated Passive Traits: City Dweller
Associated Battle Traits: Conductivity, Lightningstorm, Voltage

ImageImage
In the wild, Wood pets are almost exclusively found in dense forested areas. They are fiercely territorial of their habitats and due to this, in folklore, have developed a reputation of being a protector or guardian of the forest. They are most commonly colored in brown tones with accents of blue or green.
Associated Passive Traits: Defender, Forest Dweller
Associated Battle Traits: Enhanced Regeneration, Mother Nature's Son

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Zoo Pen | Imp Docs | Wishes | Journal | Breeders
Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Keystones: 197
Donate

Re: .: Color Revamp Update! :.

Postby Mojave » 03/20/2017 10:41 PM

I'm sad to see Biolune, Cursed, Dreamsnare, and Temple get discontinued because they're generally WAY awesome. But, I'm glad we're keeping Voltage! :D YEAAAH~ Are those Aqua Tengumi and Glacial Yonyuu new? I've never noticed them before but they look nice!

I am not as fine as I seem
Pardon, me for yelling and telling you green gardens
Are not what's growing in my psyche, it's a different me
A difficult beast feasting on burnt down trees
Freeze frame, please let me paint a mental picture portrait
Something you won't forget, it's all about my forehead
And how it is a door that holds back contents
That makes Pandora's box contents look non-violent
Behind my eyelids are islands of violence
My mind ship-wrecked this is the only land my mind could find
I did not know it was such a violent island
Full of tidal waves, suicidal crazed lions
They're trying to eat me, blood running down their chin
And I know that I can fight, or I can let the lion win
I begin to assemble what weapons I can find
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind
Migraine by Twenty One Pilots
Pen|Docs|Sales|Wishes|Breeders|Rentals|RP|Stories|Art|Journal|About
Mojave
Ultimate Pet Veteran!
Ultimate Pet Veteran!

Keystones: 370
Donate

Postby Kreepy » 03/20/2017 10:56 PM

Yeaaaah, they're kinda... 'for now'. A few of them need either large edits that only Baal can do, or special markings (that we are going to try to work out how to do down the line, fingers crossed), and I think 1-2 of them might even get overhauled down the track, depending on how we go. If that makes sense.

But no, hopefully they won't be gone forever!

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/20/2017 10:59 PM

That's awesome! :D I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mojave
Ultimate Pet Veteran!
Ultimate Pet Veteran!

Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/20/2017 11:03 PM

Mojave wrote:Are those Aqua Tengumi and Glacial Yonyuu new? I've never noticed them before but they look nice!

Yup, they are! If you dig around on the site, there's also a few other new things ; P
ImageImage

"Cower. Worship. Beg. They're all valid reactions."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Bat Country Survivor
Bat Country Survivor

Keystones: 285
Donate

Postby Mojave » 03/20/2017 11:24 PM

Thunder wrote:
Mojave wrote:Are those Aqua Tengumi and Glacial Yonyuu new? I've never noticed them before but they look nice!

Yup, they are! If you dig around on the site, there's also a few other new things ; P

Do you mean in addition to what's listed in the other update thread?

Mojave
Ultimate Pet Veteran!
Ultimate Pet Veteran!

Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/20/2017 11:48 PM

Ooooh! I REALLY like the new Organic coloration. I love how tropical it is. :D

These lofty thoughts are killing me
Preoccupied by what I could be
I get so high on my ideas
Don't call me down
But you can meet me where I land.

I
Left the bay
In pursuit
Of lucid dreams
Now I
Drive for days
To make my way back to those old familiar places

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Bat Country Survivor
Bat Country Survivor

Keystones: 251
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/20/2017 11:54 PM

Mojave wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Do you mean in addition to what's listed in the other update thread?

Oh nah, it's just what's in the update thread xD
ImageImage

"Cower. Worship. Beg. They're all valid reactions."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Bat Country Survivor
Bat Country Survivor

Keystones: 285
Donate

Postby Silver » 03/21/2017 12:34 AM

These are all so gorgeous! I can't wait to see all the revamps! Eeeee!

I need every single pet in the same shade of pink as that Plush Werecain. It's peeeeerfect! :D

Maybe we'll c̸̻̅ḩ̴̋á̸̘n̸͉̈́g̷̥͋é̶̘,
offered the chance
to finally unlearn our lessons
and a̷̳͗l̴̺̍t̴̠̃é̸̼r̸͇̄ our stance.
Silver
Master Pet Veteran
Master Pet Veteran

Keystones: 40
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/21/2017 12:36 AM

Lovely work! <3
In the morning when I wake,
And the sun is coming through,
Oh, you fill my lungs with sweetness,
And you fill my head with you.

Shall I write it in a letter?
Shall I try to get it down?
Oh, you fill my head with pieces
Of a song I can't get out.

Can I take it to a morning
Where the fields are painted gold,
And the trees are filled with memories
Of the feelings never told?

When the evening pulls the sun down,
And the day is almost through,
Oh, the whole world it is sleeping,
But my world is you.

Can I be close to you?

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food

Keystones: 290
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 03/21/2017 12:44 AM

The blue accents of the Wood coloring kill meee! (In the best possible way) The color palettes look amazing, as usual. c:

i was a billion little pieces
’til you pulled me into focus.
astronomy in reverse,
it was me who was discovered.

Venus - Sleeping at Last

FieldsofIris
Pet Tamer
Pet Tamer

Keystones: 155
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/21/2017 12:56 AM

Woo hoo!  I'm so excited to look at all the updates and new pet colors~  How fun~  And new color descriptions!  Yaaaay!

too bad about biolune being discontinued tho..

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless

I feel their heat

warming, selfless

I will give, I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down

RiDragon
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer

Keystones: 330
Donate

Postby Kreepy » 01/18/2018 8:55 PM

Candy's received a small update! No current colors sport the new look, but stay tuned for changes in the near future! The information for the Lost coloration has also been added for easy reference.

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/19/2018 1:50 AM

Now everybody can ride the candygore train! Lol I approve. C8

Mojave
Ultimate Pet Veteran!
Ultimate Pet Veteran!

Donate

Postby Kreepy » 01/21/2018 1:43 AM

Well it's just candy bc there's no gore but c':

Baal's given me permission to throw a sneaky preview of what the new candy is gonna look like.
ImageImage

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Donate

Next