Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (2/5)

Postby Moofius » 02/05/2016 4:36 AM

Oh, yeah, I really like it! Cuuute~! ;D;
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (2/5)

Postby Redd » 02/20/2016 12:32 AM

Just a teeny tiny update today to say that I've slightly tweaked the Paragon Celestial layers to be more in line with the Lucain ones! So if you wanna go ahead and download them, knock yourselves out!

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (3/13)

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/13/2016 4:30 AM

~**~

I am here to bring you a few announcements regarding breedings and, more specifically, breeding seasons.

From now on, many seasons, namely those that effect the colors and design of offspring, will have a different limitation. Up until now, a breeding season would always take effect as long as a breeding was started during the season, no matter how long it took to complete the breeding. However, that is changing!

From now on, a breeding must be started within the season and be completed within a month of the last day of the season for the season to remain in effect. If the breeding is not finished within that time, the effects of the season just wear off. Babies will still be produced upon completion, but it will be a regular breeding instead.

Breedings that have this limitation will be specified when they appear, but not all of them have this limitation.

However, in some better news, in breedings such as Winter Snowstorm, Blood Moon, and so on, instead of just producing an offspring with colors to fit the appropriate theme of the season, those offspring will also potentially have random markings, as well! Random markings should especially help spice up the season babies and give artists even more to work with.

And now...

Many have noticed rainbows dancing in the skies all across Evelon. While scientists can not explain what is causing this strange phenomenon, it has been discovered that their appearance has been having some odd effects on breedings.

During the Rainbow Wonder breeding season random colors are appearing on the offspring from Lucain, Paragon, Soveris, and custom Kuhna breedings; colors that would not normally be possible from the parents. It may only effect the marking or mini marking of one single baby, but it is possible that some babies will be effected on a much larger scale.

This season has the limitation that if the breeding is not completed by a month from the last day of the season, the season's effects will wear off and will not influence the breeding, even if it was started during the season.

It has been predicted that this season will end Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11.59 PM.

To have the season's effects, breedings must be started during the season, and finished by April 23rd.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/13/2016 12:52 PM

Makes sense to me! Will this affect breedings already in place before this announcement? Or only breedings that started after it was made?

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/13/2016 1:42 PM

As usual with these sorts of things, all breedings from previous seasons, started before the announcement, will follow the old ways.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

UPDATE (Breeding Season)

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/25/2016 4:00 AM

~**~

For a short period of time, the moon isn't visible in the sky during the day nor night. During this period of time the offspring of breeding pairs tend to be born with slightly darker skin or fur than their parents; that is, unless the parents are already pretty dark, of course. These babies are not typically born black, but their colors are oddly darker than would be expected. This season only last for 5 days, with the moon only being fully gone on the third day. Our scientists are trying to figure out why the lack of light from the moon could cause such an occurrence.

This breeding season is known as the New Moon breeding season!

It will last until Sunday, May 1st, 2016 at 4:00 AM.

So get in those last minute breedings for almost melanistic babies!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (5/21)

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/21/2016 12:22 AM

~**~

Not a season dictated by mother nature or random disasters, the Kuhna Refund breeding season is a special season celebrating Kuhnas! If any regular Kuhna breedings started during the season are completed within seven days from the time it was started, then users will receive a full refund for the cost of the room. This does not include Elixir of Fertility breedings, but all other Kuhna breeding rooms are eligible. This season typically lasts between five to seven days.

This season will last until Saturday, May 28th, 2016 at 12:00 AM EST (Midnight)

Enjoy your free Kuhna breedings and our bit of a throwback to olden days of Evelon where breedings were free but had to be completed posthaste!

If you start a breeding during the season but are unable to complete the room within seven days from the time that it was started, you will not receive a refund for the room.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Breeding Season Update

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/09/2016 3:02 PM

~**~

It seems the summer heat is coming early this year, with the Searing Sun breeding season.

In humans, the sun often brings out freckles and makes them brighter or even makes more appear. During this season the overbearing sun that beats down on us relentlessly seems to cause the appearance of increased mini marks in Lucain and Soveris, bringing the maximum produced on one baby up to 4 mini marks! The clouds stay out of the sun's way for about two weeks, so you might want to watch your pets carefully if they're traveling to the breeding center during this time since babies are especially weak to the sun's rays.

This season will last until Thursday, June 23rd, 2016 at 3:00 PM (15:00) EST.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

UPDATE

Postby Kyrit » 08/26/2016 12:24 PM

As we near the end of the month and get ready for everyone to start up more breeding rooms, the staff wanted to give a special warning. No, not a bad warning that we're thinking about removing features or that anyone's in trouble. This is a positive warning, to say that around mid September there is going to be a special breeding season, one that may never see the light of day again after this, or at least not for a very long time. We don't want to give many details yet, but I do feel like it is a season that many of you will love. As such, you might want to start saving up that KS and considering waiting til the announcement of the season to start your breeding rooms for September.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (8/26)

Postby Redd » 08/31/2016 6:15 PM

Super sorry about the downtime guys! Seems like we forgot to renew some purchasing details for the site, but it's obviously back!

Why am I posting in the Breeding Updates? Well I just wanted to give you a heads up that you've all got a one day extension on your breedings, just to make up for that down time.
Thank you for your patience with the downtime yesterday <3

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (9/1)

Postby Redd » 09/26/2016 7:17 PM

I know this is a little late, considering the breeding season, but if you've got a palette potion, please quickly read over these guidelines! If you have any questions or I've missed something, please don't hesitate to bring it up and ask. c:

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (9/27)

Postby Kitsumi » 09/27/2016 2:41 PM

I had completely forgotten that an Emission Liquor could only force one baby to have mutations -facepalm- I feel dumb now. Before I change the palette babies in my breeding, I figured I'd ask: If two people are doing a breeding together, could both of them use an Emission Liquor to get a total of two offspring with mutations, so that each of them could have one?

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7109
Donate

UPDATE

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/15/2016 4:48 AM

~**~

After missing a year, it looks like a snowstorm is sweeping across the lands in full force!

Winter Snowstorm

All shops have closed down, all schools have sent out notice that classes are cancelled. A huge blizzard has made its way across the continent and snow has barricaded many a house. Many couples are spending their time cuddled up close by the fire, while parents are busily still trying to prepare for the holidays and make sure to bring cheer to their children. The breeding center has not closed down, but during these times we have noticed that Lucain pups, Paragon hatchlings, Soveris chicks, and even (custom) Kuhna kits have oddly been born with surprisingly winter themed appearances, disregarding the colors of their parents and, sometimes, even their markings, too! This usually happens to at least one child per litter or clutch and ranges from colors that remind us of the raging blizzard to looking like a Noel pet! These effects wear off a month after the season ends and will be treated as a normal breeding if not completed by then.

This breeding season does not yet have a set end date.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (12/15)

Postby Redd » 12/19/2016 7:08 PM

There's been a small amendment to the palette potion guidelines providing more clarification on PSD's, as well some small additions under the color section. It's nothing big, so please just give it a gloss over when you get some free time!

Edit: Because I'm slow, and I know it may not be relevant any more but I'll answer it anyway! I'm sorrryy but yeah. Only one potion per litter, unfortunately. ;-;

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Breeding Updates:. (1/5)

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/05/2017 8:15 PM

~**~

Recent weather forecasts have predicted that this long lasting snowstorm is soon coming to an end! The Winter Snowstorm breeding season shall end 1/9/2017 at 12:00 AM EST. (Midnight or 00:00) So get them in by 11:59 PM on the 8th!

Likewise, for the season to still effect a litter, all breedings started during the season MUST be completed no later than 2/8/2017, 11:59 PM. One calendar month from the end date.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext