Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

Re: .:Site Plot Updates (7/22):.

Postby Thunder » 07/30/2015 2:31 AM

~*~
ImageImage
ImageImage
Looks like there's a few new bounties on the loose. If you think you can take them on, head over to the Bounty Hunter's Guild!

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

UPDATE

Postby Kyrit » 08/03/2015 5:34 PM

~**~

A new options for battles has been added to both sides of the war! You may now choose to spar with members of your own side for battle points. It does not award as many points for taking out the opposing side, but your commanders wish to award those willing spar and get hands on experience with battle before heading off to fight an enemy.

In addition to this, battling now awards more BP in general. The award for winning is now 25 BP (was 20), and the award for losing is 10 BP (was 5). You also earn 1 BP per post in battles, to help compensate for the fact that battles can run a bit long from time to time based on stats.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Re: .:Site Plot Updates (8/3):.

Postby Thunder » 08/03/2015 9:50 PM

~*~
ImageImage

Some strange things have been happening to the Purines and Imperials. Strange, scary things. Maybe you should go check it out?

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

UPDATE

Postby Kyrit » 08/09/2015 2:15 PM

~**~

After an incredibly long wait, the fourth chapter of the war story is finally out! With the latest installment to the story comes a few new features and the return of old features.

Wave Pets
Three new pets are being distributed to each side of the war. You can find the threads for these pets in the Barracks section of your side of the war.
In addition to these pets, the thread Wave Pets are in gives information on swapping pets in and out of your barracks, in case you have decided that your current barrack pets aren't working out for you.

Switching Sides
Within the barracks of each side, there is now a thread where users may go if they have decided that they no longer support the army that they joined. All details for switching sides, along with any benefits or downsides, are located within those threads. Just keep in mind, you can only change sides of the war once.

Story Progression, in the hands of the users!
The staff talked quite a bit about how to make users feel as though they are actually part of the story, rather than just reading about someone's personal characters. Sure, the story was to be influenced by which side had the most BP during each chapter, but how could we go further? The War Point Tally thread now also contains a list of tasks users on either side of the war must complete in order to progress the story further.

These tasks include the addition of a wave boss that must be fought at the end in order for either side to progress the story. More information will come on wave bosses when you guys manage to make one appear, though for now I will just say that multiple users will need to fight to take down these bosses.

That's everything for now, though we hope you guys enjoy the new additions to the war, and we really hope they help you feel as though you're actually part of the story.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Site Plot Updates (8/9):.

Postby Mojave » 08/09/2015 7:34 PM

I have a quick question about switching sides. I'm going to do it anyway, but I only want the Betta Seamare from Purine's wave. Can I claim that one and use my second one when I switch to Imperial?
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Thunder » 08/09/2015 9:21 PM

...these might be silly questions (especially considering I'm a mod, oops), but:

1) Are the Purine/Imperial soldiers available to fight now?
2) Who is RPing them?

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/10/2015 12:04 PM

Mojave;
Nope. You can only choose pets from one side or the other, not half and half.

Thunder;
I've updated the soldier information to indicate how to challenge them and who will be RPing them. I'd told Crow in the irc yesterday that I'd get to fixing the missing information and post in the mod area, but I ran out of time before I had to get back to packing. Should all be there now though. =)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 08/31/2015 9:44 AM

~*~

Just as a reminder, participants of the monster hunt plot have until September 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM to post! Any posts made in RPs after that deadline will not be counted for rewards. However, you may definitely choose to continue your RPs if you wish.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 09/05/2015 12:08 AM

~*~

Phase One of The Mysterious Monster has officially concluded! You may continue your roleplays if you wish, but keep in mind that all partner roleplay posts from here on out will revert back to gaining 3 BP each, and posts will no longer count towards the Phase One prizes.

Stay tuned for the reward announcements!

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 10/09/2015 7:21 PM

~*~

Sorry for the long wait, everyone! I'm happy to say that the results of The Mysterious Monster, Phase One, have finally been released. Head on over here to view them, and thank you so much for participating! I will send out the special pet to everybody soon : D

Also keep an eye out for Phase Two, coming soon to a forum near you!

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/07/2016 11:28 PM

~*~
ImageImage

Imperials and Purines, take up your arms and unite! Part II of the Mysterious Monster mini plot has finally been released, and it is time to face the infamous creature itself in battle!

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/24/2017 4:26 AM

~*~*~
ImageImage

After a long and hard fight, the Monster has finally been defeated, and the Mysterious Monster mini plot has concluded! Thank you so much to everyone who participated and made this event an enjoyable one to run : ) Head over here to see who got which rewards, and for those of you who fought in Part II, stay tuned for a special participation reward coming soon to your inboxes!

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/24/2017 6:07 PM

Oooo neat!  it's pretty darn fun to read through the thread, I do love your writing style!  Just a quick question, and feel free to delete this if I'm asking in the wrong place!  A little over a month ago I purchased a stolen war badge from the Mage's Brewery and sent the payment and such, and it says purchase recorded...  But I haven't gotten the badge yet and no access to the war threads.  I didn't wanna make a fuss because maybe you guys were busy but since this updated and such I thought it'd be a good time as any to ask.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

UPDATE

Postby Kyrit » 10/13/2017 7:39 PM

We're finally on the move again! To get the plot moving again, we have started the battle between the Captain of the Infiltration Division, Fanus! If you are an Imperial, get out there and defend our captive!

If you're a Purine, your battle will start approximately 2 weeks from now if the Imperials have not defeated Fanus by then.

We appreciate that everyone's been putting up with the story dragging on, but we're hoping with this we'll get back on track and get headed on toward the end.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

UPDATE

Postby Kyrit » 11/03/2017 9:57 PM

If you're a Purine, your battle has started! Get in there and join the fight!
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous