Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

IMPORTANT: Announcement Regarding Rules

Postby Redd » 08/19/2015 7:25 PM

~**~

First off, I just want you all to know that your safety is our highest priority on Evelon. We, as staff have a duty of care, and we have a responsibility to monitor Evelon and make sure that the site feels safe, that you guys can have your own personalities, characters and opinions without fear of being attacked, flamed or bullied. In addition to this, we all as staff know majority of the members of the site very well, and even if we don't, we deeply care about your health and well-being and we take our role very seriously.

So, I will not go into details, but events have occurred that have unfortunately made us decide we cannot ensure a safe environment exists unless some specific rules have been put into place. I also want to add, that it is forbidden to discuss the incident mentioned above, unless the user affected wishes to discuss it. Please respect that user and do not hassle them with questions.
First off, we will be actively enforcing all of our current rules, regarding user chatter. This means no talk about religion or politics. In addition to this, we will be adding a 'no in-depth talk about personal illness' in the IRC and anything that resembles a pity party is not allowed. In-depth just means, sure you can mention it as a means of explaining something, but please don't go into any depth on the subject, or initiate any discussion. Half of these rules actually already existed, but we've been lenient and haven't bothered to police it, however we will be stepping up and making sure these rules are followed.
In addition to this, we will not be tolerating any sort of negative/aggressive/what-have-you comments on other users, be it in journals or in the IRC. If you must talk about any of these things, keep it to PMs. If users get into arguments, and continue it after they've been told not to in journals, or after the other party has attempted to step down, we will step in and take action. We will be actively monitoring your journals, as it has been a point for user conflict in the past. In addition to this, please do not continue arguments in journals. This counts as publicly shaming another user, as well as creating a scene and we will shut down any arguments we see happening. In addition to this we may ban users from accessing or posting in the journal section.

If we find a user has been guilty of bullying others, or making them feel unsafe, then we will give out warnings, temporary bans and permanent bans as we see fit.

If something upsets you, please come straight to us. If something is making you feel unsafe or uncomfortable on the Lands, we encourage you to take these steps:

Take screenshots or logs of the conversation, so we can see everything rather than rely on 'he said, she said'. Ask users you trust to take screenshots or logs too.
     Stop engaging the user, take a step back and do not reply.
     PM myself or another mod, or another user who can come to us (in the event you're not comfortable with talking to directly with us) with the details of what happened.

We want to stop problems before they happen and if you just let an issue build up, and then explode, we may hold you liable, depending on how you react. If someone is consistently upsetting you, then please, we can talk about it, we can discuss how you want to sort out the problem and we can speak to the other user on your behalf, and we can keep you anonymous if you wish.

This isn't to say you can't have a rant about something bad that's happened in your day, or complain about site functions. We aren't trying to limit your speech against us, we're trying to make sure everyone feels safe on Evelon, that you can't be publicly called out or shamed, or backed into a corner. And I still encourage users to rant in the IRC, I rant, the other mods rant, it's not uncommon to want to vent! Just don't make it all that you do.
Also, the staff themselves do a lot of work for you guys, and in the past we've received disrespectful comments and passive aggression, and this is something that we will not tolerate any more. I encourage you to give us negative feedback on site functions, in a mature fashion, please just don't make it personal or don't personally single out our staff.

Also a thing to note is we will be following this post up soon with more information about how we intend to monitor Evelon. Things to be expected will be the return of the old warning list, and us actively enforcing all rules stated here. As mentioned, we've been lax in the past and given you guys the benefit of the doubt, but from today we will be standing up.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff