Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

.: Lost Notes :.

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 10/11/2015 9:48 PM

"As I traveled the lands, no matter where I went, I always heard talk of strange pets with coats that mirrored the very night skies. Such a pet would be magnificent to behold. I would be dubious of such a description, if it weren't for the fact that people as far north as Basantha and as far south as Iiy'lagon and Baa'sek speak of these creatures. I have some theories, but I believe them to be a rare, standard variation of pet, much like the Biolune or Dreamsnare, however they have eluded my best attempts to catch them so far.

The locals talk of them to be benevolent creatures, perhaps devised by the Gods themselves to make sure their humans are safe. In one village, the elder spoke of Zu'hai and Yepha sending out their Seraphim to protect a group of humans from catastrophe. However, the Seraphim were ambushed by demons (or what I believe to be Chaos), and they lost the humans. Furious, Zu'hai banished them from the vaults until they could redeem themselves, and to this day, the village holds the starry creatures accountable for their safety.

Whether this is true remains to be seen, but it is an interesting tale."
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Re: .: Lost Notes :.

Postby .:Random Event:. » 09/16/2016 12:16 AM

"The books I had acquired from that questionable port on the Dead Coast had mentioned ruins covered in sand and so I had turned my sights towards Lambastia and one of the most dangerous places on the continent - the Wilt'no Desert. However, what I found was not the great beasts of shadow and fire mentioned in the books, but small rodents. Well, if they could be called that.

The creatures were small, barely the size of a Hypofly, and what was most curious... was well, I couldn't decide whether they were arthropod or mammal on first glance. The local Wilt'noans call them Jirbii and apparently they're a sort of pest. There are two types, I'm led to believe. One appears around the early hours of the morning and is most recognisable by it's brightly colored carapace and light fur, and the other only appears after dusk and is almost impossible to see in the moonlight.

They are also incredibly fast and possess powerful legs, so I will have my work cut out for me trying to catch one to document. Perhaps I will ask one of the locals to assist me with capturing it."

Rumour says they are a Medium difficulty hunt and will appear after 20 posts
Season in Effect: Winter

.:Random Event:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 627
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 05/31/2017 7:39 PM

My travels through Lambastia brought me back to Aldrect City, just in time for the annual Festival of the Golden Thread. You'd think I'd have time to enjoy the festivities and take a break from my research, but as it happens the celebration gave birth to a new lead. Apparently around this time of year, and specifically in Aldrect, there's been reports of a bizarre new species of Nonaga. This one, though black, like it's Common counterpart is covered in golden scales and is usually seen with golden threads draped over it. I initially assumed that the creatures were decorated by the locals for the festival, but apparently they're also capable of 'weaving' complex patterns of the thread between their horns or fingers.

My guess is that if I partake in the festivities in Aldrect, I'll definitely be able to spot one of these creatures.

Things to note:
* There is a one pet maximum, but you are allowed to participate in multiple threads to help other people out.
*10 posts per user, in a single thread are required to unlock this pet.
* Please place [] in the title of your post to mark that it's a festival thread, there's no need to submit these anywhere, I'll be checking them on the cut off date (June 7, 11:59pm) and distributing them at that time)

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 06/26/2018 4:51 PM

The reptile gave a weary sigh, before shuffling some notes and setting them on the dusty counter. "I got somethin' new for you. Well, thanks to y'all gettin' out there and exploring, some folks found some more dossiers." Rick explained, looking down his nose at you, before carefully straightening out the weathered sheets of paper and sliding them in your direction. "Which, I 'preciate all the help, I really do. One day we'll actually manage to find the lost idiot. For now though, more dossiers means more work."

You nod and look down at the first note:
"Strange. It's not spring but there's been a sudden influx of arthropod-class creatures across Lambastia recently. Currently, I've recorded new creatures in regions you would expect them, such as Roraldi, Medicai, Wilt'no and the more temperate parts of Fe'gan but... I've even seen some unusual specimens as far north as the Yunuu Sea, deep within Nori Volcano and as far out as Rewhister Ocean.

I've also heard terrifying tales of a flesh-eating butterfly creature lurking in the depths of the Whisper Forests so that's where I'll be heading next."

These are Easy finds in Roraldi, Medicai, Wilt'no, Fe'gan, Yunuu Sea, Nori and Rewhister. There's one Hard find in Whisper Forest.

"I've made it back to Barakka, specifically on the hunt for more resources concerning Ghamidra, an ancient Wilt'noan city. Apparently some survivors of the original exploration crew had gone to ground in this continent after their expedition and I intend to find out why. Is it a curse? Where they hunted? Or was there something more sinister going on there?

I started out in Lamenolai, where I'd heard there were people who had connections to the expedition but I had no luck tracing them. Thankfully, my time wasn't wasted as I discovered a delightful little Snicky made of stone, like the Temple pets.

Either way, my hunt has lead me into the depths of the Barakkan wilderness, to a place called Nu'san Temple. Outside of the temple walls, I discovered signs of a new species. A Teigu I think, but huge, judging by the size of their footprints. The monks refuse to speak of them, only mentioning that Chaos follows them and they serve a sinister god. I'm sure this is just superstition though."

One Easy find in Lamenolai, one Hard find in Nu'san.

"This one is uh, more personal. I know he ain't there no more..." Rick coughed, before turning his head and grabbing a polishing cloth. "But I'd appreciate if you checked it out anyway."

"After that fascinating little discovery out in Yunuu, I turned back south towards the populated regions of Lambastia. After a brief stop over in a small town nestled on the base of Tuun Mountains, the locals talked of a highly intelligent tribe of Hydrolisk living higher up in the cliffs. They called them Dragons, not because they breathed fire, but because of their similarities to the smaller lizard genus. Hydrolisks, in the mountains, I asked myself. That was unheard of. The Terra Hydrolisks were genetically engineered and they tended to prefer lowland regions anyway, so I knew I had to check this out.

After a struggle, I made my way up the mountain, and... well, I found them. I was greeted by the Elder and shown through their village. Afterwards, his son, a small little thing seemed to taking a liking to me-"

Two Medium finds, one in Yunuu, one in Tuun.

The note was torn here, and Rick had thoroughly contented himself with polishing down glasses and almost was deliberately ignoring you or any questions you had. Now was probably the time to leave and get to work.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate