Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

:.:Random Event Updates:.: [Festival!]

Postby .:Random Event:. » 06/17/2016 10:47 PM

~**~
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
Well, since this account hasn't been used since... Yepha knows how long, I got a bit of an upgrade! I'm still the same old Random Event, but with an older account. RE2 may see some use around, as I'll probably be giving it to the mods to use if/when I struggle to keep up but yes! Okay, well. We had that little talk in the suggestions thread right? And I had a bunch of ideas that might work out a bit better than the old system, so I sat down, began working on it and I think we're finally done!

First major chance is that we are doing away with the tags! Instead, there's gonna be a sign up system, and that's right over here. And... well, if you have a read, I'm making it easier for you guys to get exactly what you want. That's right, I'm introducing items to RE! That list is not finalized by any means, and I'll add new items for every new species and coloration that gets released (and I'm also taking suggestions). A small thread exists here with the rundown but feel free to shoot me a question either here or there if you need some explanation!

If you have an existing hunt thread, please feel free to sign it up and buy items for it! I'll be making it my priority to address these first!

ImageImageImageImage
Next up, is I'm employing definite seasons. During the months of December, January and February you'll be able to find Winter themed pets, Spring themed pets during March, April and May, and so on. These pets can be found in every location, and some will be familiar and some will be brand new!

Kreepy's put together this thread in the Forum Obtainable Pet Records which will list every wild pet you can find, the areas they can be found in and how many posts it will take to get them to show up. Of course, you'll still need to find the pets for them to be recorded.

This system is still a massive work in progress and I am super willing to work with you guys in order to make it fair, balanced and well... fun! Hit me up here or in the suggestions thread if you have ideas to make this better.
Season in Effect: Winter

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 627
Donate

Re: :.:Random Event Updates:.:

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 12:04 AM

I have a question: when we're requesting an item, and we do the holiday decorations, do we specify like 'bottle water' or 'wild rose'? Or if we do holiday decoration, it's just for that time of the year?

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 06/18/2016 12:12 AM

The Holiday Decoration is the item, if that makes sense. It'll make only the pet from the current season appear! There's currently no item to force out of season pets to appear.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 12:15 AM

Ah, I see! I had an inkling that was it, but I wanted to be sure. Thank ye kindly!

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 06/18/2016 12:39 AM

Question!! The items listed above the pets and the items in the shop are different - is that intentional? Is the lure item something different, and the item listed above the pet something we also receive upon finding them? Or is the item above them something that is different and like, a GUARANTEED FIND kind of thing? I'm just curious!

Also, I'm INCREDIBLY happy to see this happen! I do a lot of self RPs, mostly just writing scenes I wanna write anyway, but this kind of pet hunting feel is something I've missed from old sites I used to use. I'm really excited to be able to take the idea for a spin again!

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/18/2016 1:19 AM

Oh! Another quick question; when we do the hunts and request the item, like the holiday decorations, does our place of RP affect the pet? Like would we find a holiday Inessi in that area, or a holiday Mekka/Hunter in their areas? What if we just picked a random place?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 06/18/2016 1:45 AM

@Skeetzybug
Sooo the item listed on the Forum Obtainable Pet Records refers to the item that drops in an RP to signify that you've found a pet! An example can be seen here. They don't do anything/affect anything. The items you can buy are different and are for luring specific pets.

@Millie
For Lost pets and others potentially down the line, yeah they'll be affected but I won't release something new without dropping clues as to where they are. c: Currently though, the only Season Exclusive Pets that can't be found everywhere are the Winter Leploras. There's currently 3-4 pets for each season, so there's not enough variety to justify making them stuck to only 1-2 areas.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 06/18/2016 3:24 AM

OH okay!! Thank you so much for clarification, that's such a neat little detail. I can't wait to get started on a thread myself!

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 06/18/2016 9:19 AM

Oh man I forgot to mention that threads still need to be active for them to qualify for a hunt! I'm going to tentatively say 'active' is when a thread has had 5 posts in the past 2 weeks. I'll monitor this number and make sure it's actually achievable and tweak it if it's not. But we'll see how it goes!

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/19/2016 2:21 AM

Very cool! There is one small error I noticed in the :.: Hunting 101 :.:. In the first step for creating a hunt, it says "here" but does not link to the thread where you sign up and buy items. That's all. Thanks!

Looking forward to posting there. C:
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/19/2016 2:27 AM

Actually, question! Can War threads be hunts aswell? Or any other special event thread (like the quest goals released each month, etc.)?
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 06/19/2016 5:06 AM

Nope, if it's not on the sign up list, it can't be used. Any thread that already provides a reward/is part of an event already (breedings, war roleplays) cannot be used for hunts!

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/22/2016 10:06 PM

Another question: once we reach out post limit, or pass it, how long do we wait to see if we get a visit from RE? Is there a time limit? Since RPs are only considered active if they've been posted in, in the last two weeks, what happens if we've passed the post limit, and the time limit runs out without a visit from RE? Do we just keep going until something happens?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 06/22/2016 11:59 PM

It's more like an ongoing thing, so there is no 'time limit', per say. If I don't visit, it's because someone rolled luckier than you and I visited them first. The idea is that it's a time investment, like the breeding area. I'll say it now but I'm not going to hit up 10 roleplays per week or anything like that. More like 1 or 2 if the numbers stay the way they are now. More if more people roleplay obviously but yeah.

I had deliberately chosen to be quiet in the first week of this feature's release in order to give people a bit of grace and try and build up replies in their chosen topics, and I'll be trying to be active from next week onwards.

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/22/2016 4:13 AM

How do we notify you that our thread isn't inactive? Mine has been labeled inactive for some time, despite me having posted in it after the 'inactive period' and letting it sit. I posted in it again recently, but I don't know how to notify that it's not inactive.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next