Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

.:Roleplay Rule Changes:. [Mature Roleplays]

Postby Kyrit » 05/31/2017 7:25 PM

It's amazing to think that we haven't changed up how we go about handling the minimum post limits in roleplays since Evelon started, no? Well, many of you might remember the feedback thread that we started a while back. We decided to kick off the start of the new ruling for minimum post count along with an ongoing event! You can catch the update regarding the event here.

The roleplay rules thread has been updated with the new information on post limits. We decided to go with the 50/75/100 system since it seemed to have pretty good support! You might notice while reading the rules though that breeding roleplays aren't yet mentioned under the 75 word minimum despite mentioning that was where they'd fall.

For now breeding posts only require 50 words. This is because we haven't brought back KS gain yet, since staff is still discussing exactly how we're going to handle it. After all, we aren't ignoring your opinions on potions. It's just causing us to take longer as we decide. We will definitely be bringing back KS gain some time in the hopefully not too far future though; there will just be some other small changes as well.

For now though, hopefully you guys can enjoy the ongoing event throughout the rest of the week!
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Re: .:Roleplay Rule Changes:.

Postby Redd » 10/13/2019 7:47 PM

Hey, it's me, back with a rule update! Specifically, we're going to be looking at the forum rating rule. As Evelon's grown older, we've changed our rating rules to accommodate new kinds of content, but somewhere along the line we've started to struggle to cater for both, family friendly content and mature content.

So the first change is, we've put more specific guidelines in place under our Rating/Age Friendliness rule, as can be seen below:

Rating/Age Friendliness
       We have three separate age rating rules in place.
  • Public areas are affected by a PG13+ tag. Swears and cursing are fine, so long as it's not excessive.
  • Users can set roleplays with an M-Rating, which allows for harsh language, sensitive topics, gore/violence etc. Tags will be required for such topics.
  • Users over 18 can request access to the Mature Roleplay area, where explicit content can be roleplayed. Tags will still be required for content.
In addition to these, there are words that are forbidden to be used on this site as well as requirements of using tags for certain things such a swearing and mature material. The tags and forbidden words may be found here.

As you can see, we've decided to add a Mature Roleplay Area & Breeding Area forum. As it stands, users cannot see these forums without being granted access. You will need to ask either me, Kyrit or zapdragon555 via PMs for access. Please do not apply if you're not over 18. We may ask you a number of questions in order to ascertain your age as well.

Last but not least, if you have any RPs that need to be moved to that area, feel free to include those, along with the application and we'll sort that out for you! If not, we eventually will be getting around to moving roleplays to that area if they fall into that category.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff