Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

.:: Let's Celebrate Something New! ::.

Postby Redd » 05/31/2017 7:40 PM

~**~

What's this? It's not Christmas, Easter's already gone and it's waaay too early for Halloween. So what's going on, you ask?

Well, in the past, we've done a bit of world building with Baal and there's been a couple of Evelon specific holidays we wanted to celebrate, as a way of keeping things new, current and as a good excuse to release specific coloration and in the future, maybe some bigger events.

But! May 31st marks Aldrect's annual Festival of the Golden Thread! Every year, the city hosts a massive festival, with food, stores, competitions, giveaways and of course, people dress up and take to the streets. It's common for people to tie string around the wrists themselves and of companions or loved ones to show their feelings for each other, and there's Aldrect's famous golden dress up competition, where people do their best to dress up in the most elaborate golden dragon costume they have. For more of the backstory behind this celebration, please check here (though this may move to a specific lore section in time).

To celebrate on the forums however, we're running a forum wide double Keystone event, where Keystone gain will be doubled until Sunday, June 4, 11:59pm! In addition, RE's distributing a special pet to anyone who roleplays in Aldrect celebrating the festival and you can find more information on that here.

There's also been a small main site release, which includes:
Treasure Likuta
Treasure Battleheart
Gilded Larvie

And last but not least (although not entirely relating to the event), the rule changes regarding word count have been implemented, and you can find the full update here.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: .:: Let's Celebrate Something New! ::.

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 11:22 PM

How exciting!  The Lore was fun to read too..  I always wondered if a Chaos could defect and work for the greater good.  Poor Gendraggutte though, he didn't deserve that, I want him and Nerastiel to be able to be together.  I love when assumed evil species are good guys

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/01/2017 12:25 AM

Ahhh I finally gave this lore a proper read and I'm so heartbroken but this is such a good story!! ;0; Is it rumored that Nerastiel is still alive somewhere? Or did her task kill her in the end?

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Redd » 06/08/2017 2:10 AM

Okay, with midnight passing, the event has ended! Weaver Nonaga's have been distributed and added to the records as necessary. For those interested, this little guy was the prize for roleplaying 10 posts!

Thank you so much for participating!

@Zap, personally, I'm not toooo sure what happened. Since it's not known, I'd probably assume that there's different groups who believe different things happened.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff