Did you miss an update due to being away for a long time? Do you remember an old update but can't find it and want to read it again? Past updates will be contained within this forum for your viewing pleasure.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Archives

A Garish Flier... [Event!]

Postby crow » 08/13/2017 9:37 PM

Are you an intrepid explorer with years of experience in all types of wilderness and terrain? Do you love adventure, danger, and dark places where fungus might grow? Are you the type who thinks injury lawsuits are for sissies?

If so, then we want you! The call to adventure awaits! Sign up today!

We’re bringing you a special roleplaying event! The Caving Expedition is themed around exploration, and we figured it would be a fun way to close out the summer. We’ll be trying out an event model that requires a little more staff involvement. Rules and sign-ups are here.

Oh yeah, did I mention there’d be prizes?

ImageImage

There are creatures in the caves! Maybe you’ll find a special friend to take home.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: A Garish Flier... [Event!]

Postby Kitsumi » 08/17/2017 7:08 AM

I have a quick question about moving to a new area in the event, and figured this would be the place to ask? (If not, I'm so sorry!) Basically, I understand how the post count works for moving, but now how the actual movement works. Do we message that we are moving in a particular direction? For example: "Moving to the area to the left" or "Moving to the area ahead" or something like that? Or do we just say that we are moving to the next area, and whichever part of the map is revealed is the new area we find ourselves in?

I hope this made sense >.<

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7109
Donate

Postby crow » 08/17/2017 7:19 AM

The areas are all marked by letters once you've mapped an adjacent spot, so you'd generally say "Moving from A to B" or something like that.

But for the beginning, when all you have is the entrance and can't see any letter zones, just specify that you're entering the cave. Sorry for the confusion about that! I've edited a little note onto the rules for that.

Your next map update should have you in area A, with the adjacent area letters also visible, like in this example image (just sans arrow).

crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/17/2017 7:27 AM

Ah, makes sense! Thanks for the explanation :)

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 08/18/2017 10:41 PM

Heh, I have another question and figured I'd go ahead and ask it here in case I'm not the only one who wasn't sure what to do once their map is completed :P

So I see that we don't need to roleplay our return to the entrance, but are we supposed to roleplay our adventurers turning in their completed map to Professor King? Also, I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with adding a few ending posts to my thread even though the map is completed? Unless it would cause confusion as to why there are extra posts...?

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 08/18/2017 10:52 PM

Nope, there's no need to report back to the good Professor. I mean, if you'd like to for roleplay reasons, I'm happy to RP the professor with you outside the event, but as far as the actual event goes, it's not necessary x3

And yeah, feel free to RP in your thread beyond the requirements for the map. It's your thread and all. P:
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 09/21/2017 12:17 AM

Sign-ups for the Caving Event have now closed!

For everyone already signed up, there's still ten days left to finish your threads if you haven't already.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 10/01/2017 1:01 AM

The Caving Event has wrapped up! Professor King has been ousted from the Lone Saloon at last, though they're still not quite finished airing the place out. Everyone who participated should have received a special little prize.  

Wait... Prizes? Yes, prizes! It looks like the good Professor's team had a little accident in their lab with the moss samples from the cave. Now the place is overrun with these little guys, so he gave them out to anyone who turned in a map, finished or not!

You didn't miss your chance to nab one, did you?

A big thanks to everyone for participating, and we hope you enjoyed the event!
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate