Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:. [Experiment & Chee

Postby Redd » 11/04/2019 6:46 PM

Really quick update today but... say hello to the Gilded Leawolf! They've (finally) been added to user inventories as well!

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:. 11/4

Postby Redd » 12/26/2019 1:01 AM

Merry Christmas from the Mod Team y'all!

It's been a hell of a year with a lot of changes and I personally would love to thank you all for sticking with me through it, dealing with the inconveniences I've been throwing at you, participating in the events and offering super handy feedback on the new features. I'd also like to extend a warm welcome to the new users and the old ones returning to the site! I hope y'all stick around, or at least just end up hanging out in the Discord. <3
Going into 2020, I want to keep that pace up, and I'll be working to smooth over a few more of the annoying or unused features, as well as making the new user on-boarding system a bit nicer, digging deeper into the features we test drove this year, among other things!

But, Redd, you say, this is a website update thread, where's my update?

I mean. Hypothetically. I'd say rood, but. You are correct. I've got a revamp and a teeny tiny regular release!
Image-->Image
First up is the Yonyuu revamp. You'll notice we've bumped up the image size, to show off more pet! If you've got a custom, if we have the file or if it's easy to replicate, we're more than happy to resave it out at the larger size!
Another thing is, the Clockwork, Dreamsnare, Riptide and Temple haven't been updated yet. Riptide and Dreamsnare will be updated in due time, I need a tad more time with the files. Clockwork and Temple however, will not be receiving updates at this point in time.
Next up is a small regular pet release! Please hop over to the adopt site to find the following:
* Noel Garudor
* Noel Sahound
* Noel Bruma
* Glacial Battleheart

I did say it was tiny ;w;

Anyho enjoy the holiday season, have fun with the events and eat all the good food! Stay safe and always remember, your Evelon family is here and we all care about you! <3 We'll be back around the start of next year with a couple of updates for you. c:

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:. 12/25

Postby Redd » 01/21/2020 7:11 PM

Whoops I left them longer than I intended but the New Year Biolunes are now retired! They will be added to your account shortly.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:. 12/25

Postby Redd » 03/21/2020 12:38 AM

Hey! I hope y'all are well and are keeping safe in these turbulent times!
Image -->Image
I've got a little update and hopefully something to do if you're unlucky enough like me to end up in quarantine.
First up, I've got a little visual overhaul for the Riopath and associated colorations! This here is the new Common Riopath! Radill has also received a large change as well and the Rathril has received tiny tweaks.
In addition, I'm running a little hunt over the next week. From now until Sunday 29, 11:59pm, you'll be able to use the Broken Antlers item with a Roleplay over 10 posts over at the Saloon for a special pet.

If you need any more incentive to roleplay, we'll be running a Double Keystone Event from now until  Friday 27th, 11:59pm!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:. 3/21

Postby Redd » 03/21/2020 7:25 PM

Oh hay, so first up there's been some changes to the the Broken Antler hunt. The requirement has been dropped down to 10 posts and it's been extended until Sunday 29, 11:59pm. This is because, for the next six weeks, from Monday onward, we'll be running a special hunting event!

The first week will be the Broken Antler hunt as mentioned, but after that there'll be a different item per week which will allow you to hunt for pets from event's past!
Not only that but for every hunt submitted over the first three weeks, users will find this strange item! I heard that when you combine three of them, something will happen! In the last three weeks, a different item will drop and you will also need three of those to combine it into a usable item too! I've heard these items will be related to the new virus strains over at this raffle here! So, to get the final prize for this event, you will need to submit a hunt every week, although if you miss out, maybe you can convince someone to trade you a piece.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, Site Events:. 3/22

Postby Redd » 03/24/2020 12:44 AM

Just a small note, the description of the Sol and Umbra Strains have been slightly amended to include the fact that they are not just restricted to Sickles.
More information on this will be released after the above event!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 03/30/2020 6:41 PM

With the start of the new week brings a new item for the event! This week, we'll be offering the [Christmas Cookie]! This out of season baked good attracts EVENT ONLY Christmas Pets. These include the Branta Tali, Cocoa Draculi, Poinsettia Leawolf, Snow Slynx and Present Baby Doom Kitty.
ImageImage

If that isn't your cup of tea, submitting a regular hunt will still get you either of these two items!

If you missed out on the Fallowfoot Riopath, it's still available and can be found exclusively in Roraldi Forest as a Medium Hunt.

In other news, some new items have been added to the raffle! The Sol and Umbra strains will come with your choice of specimen and there's a new runner-up lot thrown in, consisting of a Mysterious Egg and your choice of Solar-X or Lunar-X!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/06/2020 12:55 AM

I'll start off by saying this week (and next week's) item will be the [Easter Egg] item! This sweet chocolate egg attracts pets from previous year's Seasonal Specialties.

ImageImage

However, this week's a little different! If you've fallen behind, you now have the opportunity to catch up! For each week you've missed, if you make 5 posts, you'll be able to earn an extra item! So if you missed last week's, you'd have to turn in a total of 15 posts this week and so on. At the end of this week, you'll hopefully have enough to make either an Everfall Strain or a Vulpine DNA! More information will be released around the end of the week regarding how that will work, so stay tuned.

Just as an aside, I would highly advise not to wait til the last day to post.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/10/2020 8:52 PM

Repost for all you non-Discord folks:
I was advised to post a booty pic of one of the Umbral pets for your viewing pleasure.
*slaps* this bad boy can fit so many stars in it, and for the low low price of a raffle entry, it could be yours

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/13/2020 12:29 AM

Okay this week... there's... huh. So my notes are saying there's no hunt item, or even... a hunt this week?
All you have to do is post once in the Lone Saloon to say you want your item, you don't need to do a hunt, unless you feel like submitting a normal hunt this week.
Think of it as a week off to relax!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/13/2020 8:22 PM

Heads up, there's a new lot introduced to the Description Raffle!

It consists of your choice of Umbra or Sol Strain and your choice of Specimen or Mysterious Egg. It's a Runner-Up Prize, which means it can only be won if you enter for one of the main prizes.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/20/2020 1:12 AM

So! New week, new rules for Hunting~ This week we've got the War Standard item for use at the Lone Saloon. This item will allow you to find a Wave Pet. If you hunt in Barakka, you'll get a random Purine Wave pet and if you hunt in Lambastia, you'll find a random Imperial Wave Pet.

Also, this is your last day to enter the raffle! I'd like to clarify some things, in case there was any doubt. So, every entry made gets you 1 ticket towards the item of your choice. These will be drawn first.

Then, everyone who didn't win a prize will get 3 tickets towards every Runner-Up Raffle item and everyone who won from the first round will only receive 1 ticket. This is regardless of how many tickets were submitted for the main prizes.
I'll roll for prizes in the order they're listed. I'll have a spreadsheet and the rolls available for transparency as well!

Unfortunately, there are not enough participants to open up the extra lots I promised though.

To add, for those who didn't pop in while I was concepting ideas in the Discord Livestream, this was one idea workshopped for the Sol!
And for the Umbral!

Please note, these are not the finished product, these are just a part of the design process! Adding to that, the Umbra and Sol for the moment are going to be Contest Only.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/27/2020 6:04 PM

Apologies for the wait, hunts from last week will be rolled soon. We're in the final stretch now, only one week is left before we wrap up! This week's item is the Steel Pickaxe, and on use, it will reward you a random pet from the Caving Event!

I'll also be bringing back the catch up rule for the last week of the event. Which is: For each week you've missed, if you make 5 posts, you'll be able to earn an extra item! So if you missed last week's, you'd have to turn in a total of 15 posts this week and so on.

If you don't make a full item, do not despair, there will be a way to get them later on, but it will require a KS or GT cost!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/03/2020 11:50 PM

I promise I'm getting to other things, but there's been a bit of a delay due to personal reasons. But in the meantime, I've been sitting on these for a while and I thought maybe it's time to release them. But! The Tent, Pipstrelle and Golden Fox Batti have received a little visual rework and have been upgraded to the clothing-less base to bring them in line with the other Riddle Pets!

Image -->Image

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/02/2020 1:32 AM

Small update, but after reviewing how many stores require KS purchases, and with the addition of new stores and new pets to buy, Keystones earned per post have been bumped up to 7 from 5!

Please note, this decision will be reviewed at a later date and may be reverted if it's a bit too much.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff