Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

.:Website Updates, Site Events:. 4/16

Postby Kyrit » 05/13/2018 11:24 PM

For a long time now, Redd's been working on a newer version of the adoption website. On the surface level, you guys might not see a whole lot of changes (for now!), but it still involved completely redoing it and making it easier for staff to add new colorations to the adoption site. Then, when Photobucket attacked, it also became time to start uploading all of Evelon's images to our own server.

After many months, we're finally ready to unveil the official new site! The search function of the website isn't completely ready and still needs a bit more work, but it'll be coming. To kick off the upgraded site, we've got two small revamps to show off and get you all excited.

The Mahool is a revamped and renamed Angst Ball!

And now for a revamp that I've been particularly excited for..... the Snicky!

Random Event's on a bit of a break right now with all the changes we've been going through, but if you might see a chance coming around soon to get yourself a Snicky if you'd like. (Such as if you were lucky enough to get a Slime Snicky from the Easter Egg Hunt).

Speaking of the egg hunt, the shop for your egg points will be opening in a few days, and you'll also get to see what you got from your eggs at that time. We held off on sending anything out anything right away, since we'd just have to resend your codes after the website went live! The prize from the secret egg is visible on the website though, so I'll show it off now. ;)

Those that were lucky enough to find a Nohu Likuta egg should have their code delivered in the next few days.

In fact, you should all be getting a lot of codes over the next few weeks! We are starting with all official site colorations, which have officially been uploaded to the Evelon server! It will take us a while longer to finish uploading Kuhnas, breedables, and other such customs, but in the meanwhile be on the lookout for all those retired, seasonal, and event pet codes!
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:.

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/13/2018 11:45 PM

All I was going to say is Mahoooool and Snickyyyyyy! <3

But, seriously, fantastic work, you guys! <3

I'm going to have so much fun poking around and finding color tweaks~

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/14/2018 3:26 AM

Soooo I just wanted to add a few details because there are some new things and some old things to take note of!

First off, I'm sure you noticed Locations added to each pet. That doesn't mean you can find the specific pet in that area via hunts necessarily but if you are hunting a specific Lost Pet lets say, or known wild pet, that region is your best place to start!

Next off, the new traits and stats for standard colorations have been worked into the new site, along with some pets getting a few tweaks to match reworks or new bios.

Which brings me to my next point! New Pages! The Ipinox and Phyrette have finally been added to the site and there are links to several of the breedables but sadly, none of their pages are live just yet, they're waiting on that pesky paragon page to be done but that is in progress and will be added soon. Search is also a removed feature but it will be back soon, that's about 70% done, it just got pushed aside to deal with more pressing things.

In addition, you'll finally see some revamps that I've been tinkering away at over the last couple of years, some ranging from simple reshading (see Akail, Tundragoon & Baskerville) to complete overhauls to bring species that have modern art (Rollaby, Draculi, Matches to name a couple) but don't match the color scheme in line with newer things. There's far too many to list and quite frankly, I forgot to keep track of them all. Candy is still on hold for the time being and I have no details about that one sadly.

If there's a pet missing, a broken link or any sort of problem (or even want an older version of a pet not on the site), don't hesitate to let me know! I've had my head stuck in this bordering on two years, since it sets up the framework for bigger things down the line and I was a bit overeager and did rush this without checking a few things. Despite it all, I am very much relieved to have this done and I hope it's not too hard to start transitioning all over to the server hosted stuff ahah ;-; <3

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Mojave » 05/14/2018 4:28 AM

Thank you all for the hard work, I love the Mahool!
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/14/2018 9:20 AM

Thank you for your hard work! The new Snicky looks cool, y'all. :D

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/14/2018 11:11 AM

How exciting!  Your hard work doesn't go unappreciated my friend!  We're all so thankful!

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/14/2018 5:22 PM

Thank you guys for all of your hard work!!! Everything looks amazing!! Thank you so much!!

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/16/2018 3:31 PM

Small update to note that the names of the Shinzaroo evolution line of pets has been renamed with the new website update! They are now as follows, and will be recorded as such in the ownership records:

Furred Shii

Joey Lubshi

Hopping Shinzo

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Redd » 02/05/2019 4:13 AM

YO, I think this is the place to post this but if it isn't... then oh well :') DOIN IT ANYWAY.

Ahem. Well, I'm here to announce that revamps are back on the radar! Over the month of February, to celebrate the love month and all that, I'm going to slowly roll out some nice, new and soft Plush Freely Available pets!

The new look sports a softer palette, pink lineart, a shift away from reds and the addition of more blue and cream. These are the pets that have been fixed so far:

Battleheart
Bruma
Ferrikoon
Likuta
Matches
Serraptor
Taigra
Tengumi
Yonyuu

And as always, you can still access the old ones by using the code below.

http://landsofevelon.com/images/pets/bruma/plushold.png

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:. [Plush Revamp]

Postby Redd » 02/14/2019 3:55 PM

I hope you all didn't think I'd let Valentine's go unnoticed, did you?
ImageImage
Hell naw, I've got even more revamps for you and because, you know, it's Valentine's and I love you all, I have some new Plush pets as well! It's not a full blown release or anything due to the revamp taking most of my time, but I figure that it's something, right? Anyway onto the cool stuff!

We'll start off with the new old things. The pets below have been revamped:

Plush Aries
Plush Bleeder
Plush Chimerantula
Plush Fenling
Plush Garudor
Plush Slynx
Plush Skyllard
Plush Torken
Plush Zipala

And this is what's new:

Plush Draculi
Plush Lohlani
Plush Sahound
Plush Shielupe
Plush Tali

Remember, some pets will need a hard refresh to be seen properly, but otherwise enjoy!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:. [Plush Revamp]

Postby Redd » 02/28/2019 4:51 PM

OKAY Y'ALL. I've gone ahead and pushed the last few Plush revamps out to send out the month. Please see the complete species list below:

Gyrophant
Gyrraptor
Kalamarei
Leebra
Lilistye
Magistrey
Rattegan
Rexxel
Roosken
Seawinder
Taosig
Turkezilla

After this, there'll be a brief pause because I'm moving house but after that, thanks to the community vote, I'll start working on overhauling the entire Yingshee and Fellox lines!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:. [Frosted Learf]

Postby Redd » 03/29/2019 6:28 PM

Hey! Remember those old Frosted Leaflets you had lying around in your backyard? Well they're gone! Now there's just some... weird leafy puppies digging up my lawn. The two probably aren't related...

But in all seriousness, say hello to the Frosted Learf (we hadn't forgotten them, I promise)! Remember to grow any Leaflets you had in your possession by altering the url.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: .:Website Updates, New Image Codes!:. [BIG OL EASTER FUN

Postby Redd » 04/13/2019 7:15 PM

(Remember, crtl+f5 is your friend with new updates)

Hello hello, it's another weekend update! I say that like I do these often, which we all know not to be true. Let me have this.

Anyway, it's Easter next week and yes, I could do an Easter update but that's boring and I'm impatient, as my many acquaintances could tell you, so let's get this show on the road. First off is a small selection of pets getting their Candy color revamped and let me tell you, I wish I could eat them. I can't, because I'm on a diet but I'd advise people not to eat them anyway. They do not taste good.
ImageImage
Here's the goods:
Lohlani
Matches
Rollaby
Sygriff
Tali
Tavil

We've also got 3 new Candy pets to add to the roster, but I swear we released the Gorgeel already. Apparently we didn't, so. Here you go! Go check out the Candy Gorgeel, Shartile and Ferrikoon! Pretty sweet, right?

Next up, I've got some species color revamps. Now, I've got some leveling to do. There's no Fellox here. Or Yingshee. And I do apologise for that but they're Zodiac pets and what I need to do to one Zodiac pet, I need to do to all of them, otherwise they'll feel left out.
ImageImageImage
So instead I've done the Slynx as a consolation prize! And on top of that, I've done the Tavil and Nagi because I need to flaunt my Australian pride somehow. It's the only thing I'm really allowed to publicly flaunt.
The Candy Nagi was renamed to Sour Nagi, because really look at those colors. This is your reminder to change all those now-broken links. I'm sorry about that.

So, please feel free to check those three spec-WAIT. I mean four. The Duo-Nagi was also overhauled and it appears Doctor Zae to the Evo-Lux is sneakily evolving Sour Nagi behind Einsors back because genetically modifying candy for the sake of science? Very cool. We're calling them Soweet Duo-Nagis because that's the exclamation Zae made when she discovered them. Don't ask.

And last but certainly not least, the Frosted Learfs have fully blossomed into Frosted Leawolves and... oh no. I sincerely hope you didn't leave your Iron Stargoyles anywhere... small. Those Iron Garagnir are not light or easy to move. Please note, the latter species have been retired now, along with the Matcha Mocha Picchu.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/19/2019 1:10 AM

It's kind of a website update so I'll pop this here, please join the Discord server if you want more ridiculous looking update posts though.

DOUBLE KS WEEKEND FOLKS, RP YOUR HEARTS OUT, GET THAT BREAD.

Seriously, to celebrate the Easter long weekend, each roleplay post you make is worth ten whole KS. This booster will be in effect until approximately 11:59pm, Sunday Apr 21.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 11/01/2019 9:04 PM

ImageImage

In case you missed it in the Discord, the Panzer, Experiment Rollaby, Fallen Luhna, Suncheeka, Mooncheeka & the Setting Suncheeka have received visual updates! Old versions are still available as usual!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff