Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

ATTN: High Priority Announcement

Postby Redd » 10/09/2019 4:35 AM

Attention all Evelonians.

We have lost control of the forums. Throughout the day, we've experienced hiccups, such as font changing, buttons disappearing, odd messages being displayed under the navigation and towards the end of the day, all color being drained from the website.
We were able to restore the site for several hours, but now, we've been locked out. It is heavily advised that you do not listen to the messages.

We will be distributing more announcements as the day goes on and as more light is shed on the matter.

Things had been fine the night before.

Wherever you'd chosen to lay your head, be it in your apartment bedroom, the cold, unforgiving ground in a quiet alleyway, in a warm camping bag beside a roaring fire, things had... well not necessarily been fine, but they'd been normal.

The orange glow from the fire reflecting off green trees and soft brown earth and bark. The cities were abuzz with energy, late into the night as they often were, grimy yellow light seeping through any blinds not drawn tight enough and cold blues permeated the areas you didn't want to visit.

These things, these colors.

When you rose the next morning though, wherever you'd chosen to rest, there was no cheery yellow glow to meet you, to rouse you out of slumber, only a cold, empty white light. This this cold, new world, the empty white was about the only light colored thing left. As the day grew on and drew to a close, the darkness that drew in was thick and suffocating and you were sure it was much darker than it usually was.
In the cities, people milled about the streets in confusion, calling to each other to confirm the odd phenomenon that they were experiencing.

"Is the color gone for you as well?" That was the question of the morning.

Minutes, hours, days passed with no clarification on the issue. It became apparent that every single part of Evelon was drained of it's color. Every person, every pet. Color almost became something of a memory.

It drove some insane. With the suffocating darkness, the monotonous gray tone cast over everything and despair permeating like some thick, overpowering fog, much of the population started claiming that something was coming. The reports were consistent, each person reporting that, out of the corner of their eyes, they were seeing demons, odd fragmented shadows that twitched and writhed and piercing white eyes staring at them through the darkness. They reported these things appearing in monitor screens, they reported hearing these voices telling them to despair through garbled radio frequencies.

Many dismissed them as crazy. Suffering from the effects of a colorless world.

As you were pondering, the television sprung to life of it's own accord.

"People of Barakka, Lam...ia and Issa." The broadcaster announced, though some unusual static was creeping into the image. Artifacts spread across the screen with rising frequency. Shapes formed but everyone saw something different, odd grins, claws, eyes, demons, all told different stories but the premise was all the same. "We a... calling forth volunteers fr...all over. We believe we have disc...ed how we can restore color to Evelon. Please report into your local town center and you'll be forwarded critical details."

Walking into the center, you weren't entirely sure what you were expecting to see. There was scientists running around with odd devices and there was some minor military presence, Imperial or Purine, depending on where you were. But the most odd thing you could see was color. Not the way it used to be but it looked like the people here had managed to... bottle color.

Odd concept. But that's just how it was.

"Ah, more volunteers, excellent." An overly enthusiastic voice called out, waving you over. She seemed to look like every other scientist here. The shade of grey indicated she had blonde colored hair and possibly blue eyes, but that was impossible to tell. "I'm Dr. Sarah Wiks and I'm overseeing the civilian help here. I'm glad you could make it! Come, come, follow me!"

She gestured for you to follow and then took off down a hallway, leaving you to quickly jog after so you didn't lose her in the labyrinth of halls. "So, to get you up to speed, we've discovered that in each region, some color exists. Only one color per region though, so Aldrect has red, Lamenolai's blue, Tengal's got green. I've got a full list, I'll pass it out in a sec. The idea is, we send you out there with these devices, you locate the color spots and drain them. We take up to three colors and we can use them to infuse them into these guys."

ImageImage

She gestured over at two synthetic Akail. Both of the creatures raised their heads to look at you, breath rattling between fangs, but they seemed docile for the most part. "They're colorless right now, but they respond pretty well to the bottled color. Once you help us make one, we're going to use them to seed color back into the world again, and you get to keep your little buddy! They're perfectly safe, I assure you."

She knelt down, cradling the white one's face in her palms and making a clicking noise with her tongue. It seemed to be pleased, waving it's tails lazily in the air, while the black one huffed and started pawing at her coat for attention.

"I ah... there's a list of paperwork on the table with locations, next to the devices you'll be needing, feel free to grab what you need."

>>>Grab the Paperwork and the Device<<<

Welcome y'all to Spooky Town. It's October and it wouldn't be a proper October without an event, right? This one is... a bit experimental. In more ways than one.

See, Evelon's got no color in it at the moment. We're sending you out to get color. What does that mean?

So every area has one color assigned to it. You need to have a minimum of 10 posts in an area to turn it in to the thread above. There'll be more information on how to order your Akail in that thread as well.

Rule Recap:
Phase 1 Time Frame: Friday, October 11th 12:01 am EST to Friday, November 15th at 11:59
Phase 2 Time Frame: Monday, November 4th at 00:01 to Friday, November 15th at 11:59

- The prompt is simply "Explore the colorless world". You can choose to follow the Doctor's instructions or you can choose to simply write how your character would react to a colorless world. Roleplays must follow the prompt to be eligible for the reward.
- Users must earn a minimum of 1 color to order an Akail. Users are able to turn in 3 colors on a single Akail and are able to 'craft' one Husk Akail and one Construct Akail each.
- There is, however, a way to buy Akail for GT if there's not enough time to complete the objective.
- Threads must contain a minimum of 10 posts (15 posts for cooperative roleplays) to produce a color.
- All threads for this event must have been started in October or November 2019.
- These are not hunts. Do not submit them at the Saloon. We do, however have a hunt event also running at the moment and you can use the same thread (see the FAQ, restrictions apply) for both of them.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: ATTN: High Priority Announcement

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/09/2019 4:44 AM

D̵o̷n̶'̶t̸ ̵w̸o̴r̷r̸y̴!̴ ̷E̷v̸e̶r̸y̷t̸h̷i̴n̷g̷ ̵w̸i̵l̵l̶ ̷b̴e̶ ̶f̸i̵n̷e̸,̶ ̷h̴a̸h̷a̶.̷ ̴J̵u̷s̶t̷ ̸a̴ ̶f̵e̴w̴ ̴b̷u̷g̸s̴ ̶i̷n̴ ̷t̷h̷e̶ ̵s̶y̸s̴t̴e̸m̷.̶

.̸̪̘̌.̵̢̠͊͊̋̕.̵̖̓͛̎͝ä̶͙́́̔̑ṱ̷͔͌ ̷͔͔̥͐͋͠l̶̬͉̟̩͂ê̶̪̱à̷̘̼̓̓͜s̶̘̓́͠t̸̲̰̯͓̓͒̕ ̷̧͍̙̙̌͌I̵̼̾̋ ̷̠̊͌̚ͅh̴̩͛͗̒̆o̷͎͑́̎p̷̤̘̌͜e̴̙̍̑̉ ̶̠̑̈́̍̓s̶̘̳̈́̏͛̃ơ̵̪̦̈́̍̓.̴̠̐́̽̕

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Kylo » 10/09/2019 11:12 AM

EXCITEMENT

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 319
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/09/2019 12:02 PM

Don't worry! I grew up in the 90's! I know what to do!

*puts Rare Candies in 6th slot of her item bag*

I can't promise the Hall of Records will come out of this looking pretty, though.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Redd » 10/09/2019 6:42 PM

The situation is urgent. Evelon's color has been drained. We have an update for you.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 10/10/2019 4:49 AM

F.A.Q.
Tossing this up here for quick & easy reference!

Can I submit the same thread for a hunt and a color?

Yes, but only if that thread has 20 posts, 10 for the Akail color, 10 for the hunt. You must state it on both application forms however.

Can I gather more than one color from a thread/get two of one color?

Yes you can. So long as there's 20 posts (10 for each). You just link the second application to where the 11th post is.

Do hunts/SS have to follow the prompt?

No! Only roleplays for the purpose of collecting color need to follow the prompt! Hunts function as normal, the prize pool is just different.

Do I have to wait a week between redeeming colors?

No. It's actually important that you only turn in your roleplays when you're ready to redeem all of them. The application form in the Desuna area can explain more.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 10/10/2019 6:30 PM

Hello, it's me again! Due to a small oversight, I will be changing the base color of Silver to help it mesh better with the other colors. This will only affect the Primary layer, the other layers will remain the same, as seen here.
(Hard Refresh may be required.)

I'm terribly sorry for the mess around! If anyone has a RP in Nabias as of this moment, I'll happily let you use that area for another color if you're unhappy with the change.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby madisangry » 10/10/2019 7:47 PM

Yea guys, Stop hacking to make this website look dumb, let Redd or the other site owners do their job, don't make it worse because all the site admins that created this site are working hard enough... hard enough to make this Halloween event for you all to participate in and if you mess it up, then you will mess it up for everyone, which is bad because look, the site admins work really hard in order to make this site fun and educational and you just ruin everything... come on, enjoy this site for once because what has this site done to you, huh? Nothing! so stop with your shenanigans and leave AT ONCE!!
madisangry
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 110
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/10/2019 8:09 PM

Please make sure to read over the entire announcement!

Everything is okay, the announcement, and pretending we were having issues for a short period of time, is just a part of our newest forum wide event.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate

Postby Redd » 10/12/2019 2:36 AM

So! Clearing up some confusion! I've amended the rule section to be clearer but also I'll repost for clarity.

The Color Harvesting activity is not a hunt! Please submit harvests through the provided thread in Desuna. Hunts instead are a secondary objective with their own prize pool. One of the prizes has been found already, so say hello to the Shadow Tavil!
The Shadow coloration is not the only color available out there either! These guys will be sticking around after the event though, so don't fear if you don't have the time right now!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 10/14/2019 12:06 AM

I guess I should introduce you to the other half of the pets available this month.
This coloration is known as Weeping due to the uh... yeah the eyes, you get the idea. Random Event did say they were somewhat... unsettling, right?
Like the Shadow, these will be available after the event as well!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 10/31/2019 2:58 AM

"What did they find?"

"Nothing substantial. Gods above, Seraniel, we lost three to those things. They took down Zu'hai Seraphim, warriors, they don't die easily." An unfamiliar, masculine voice answered, cracking with sorrow. "Thank Yepha those constructs actually worked otherwise..."

"I... know, I am sorry. Are they Seibel's?" The female voice answered, her tone somber but she was trying to maintain some level of professionalism.

"They have the same powers, same hate for color, maybe they're derived from him but they also can influence tech and hide in electronics. That doesn't seem to be the Chaos's wheelhouse. Best we can say is something happened on the Chaos plane and it's affecting the mortal plane. I wouldn't put it past Hierarchy to set loose one of their little pet projects though." The male voice paused, before switching gear. "How's aggression levels in the Akail?"

The feminine voice seemed distracted, perhaps thinking the first statement through. "Hmm? Oh, I... I think we ironed out most of the bugs... no one's reported one going rogue yet." A soft sigh escaped her lips before she continued, voice full of worry. "I don't... like the idea of using Xu'hai's experiments but it seems to be working so far." From your position in the doorway, you could see a soft insipid yellow color in her hair, a subdued blue color in her eyes. On the far wall, faint green and red lights were flashing on machinery. Color was coming back, slowly but surely.

Sarah's eyes snapped up, a guilty look on her face. The man across from her briefly looked in your direction, but shifted his gaze away, disinterested and bored. "Oh! But we have a visitor! Forgive us, we were just talking shop. You're back, how did the experiment go? You got enough color for an Akail right?" She was clearly flustered by your interruption but she apparently wasn't going to let that stop her. "We've got one more task for you to complete, I think, before things return to normal. Take your Akail out to areas that haven't returned to normal and let them roam for a bit. They'll know what to do and don't fear, if anything happens, they'll keep you safe."

That was... not as comforting as she probably hoped it was.

We on to Phase Two y'all! After today, I promise I'll restore the site back to normal x'D <3
If you haven't got an Akail, you can keep working on that, because Phase Two requires an Akail.

What do you have to do? Just go on an easy hunt with your Akail. That's it. Area does not matter. The only requirement for this is you must rp 10 posts/gain a minimum of 3 levels (15 posts total/2 levels gained for coop rps) on your Construct/Husk Akail.

One more thing! We're offering a 3rd Akail slot for 5GT. You must already have both Akail to have access to this offer. Unlike the other GT prices, this one covers any color you're after and you're able to pick any base you want.

Rule Recap:
Phase 1 Time Frame: Friday, October 11th 12:01 am EST to Friday, November 15th at 11:59
Phase 2 Time Frame: Monday, November 4th at 00:01 to Friday, November 15th at 11:59

- There's no prompt for the Hunt. However, to draw out the monsters, you'll need to use your Akail. This Akail must gain a minimum of 3 levels or 10 posts (whatever requirement is reached first) for solo rps or 2 levels (15 posts in total between the two users) for the hunt to fulfill the minimum requirements. If these are not achieved, the hunt will pull from the normal area.
- You can do any plot/setting/form you like, so long as the levels are going to the Akail.
- This hunt will begin next week. Sunday night/Monday morning is rollover. You're most welcome to start rping though. With the way the weeks are structured, you'll be able to turn in a maximum of 2 hunts over the course of Phase Two. Please be advised though, the event ends on Friday, not Sunday.
- Shadow Pets will return to Lya Pointa & Weeping will return to Whisper Forest after the 31st. These pets will be easy hunts and are a permanent addition to the areas.
- We're offering a 3rd Akail slot for 5 GT. Please use the GT form in the area to purchase it. You must have filled your previous slots to access this offer.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 11/04/2019 2:32 AM

Last update for the day, please say hello to the spooky boys that the Akail are starting to find! There's three out there, but for now I'll show off the Corrupted Wockee. And no, area does not matter, you'll randomly find one of these guys if you submit a hunt with a participating Akail.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 11/13/2019 5:02 AM

Courtesy reminder that you have three days left to either land yourself a Corrupted Neowockee, Corrupted Zephion or Corrupted Mekkayena and to order an Akail!

ImageImageImage

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff