Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

Happy New Year's!

Postby Kyrit » 01/01/2020 1:05 AM

Happy New Year's everyone!

Evelon's survived another year! That said, uh... Man, we really aren't ready for it to be a new year around here just yet. As such we have begged Xai're to halt time at the last moment! Yep, as far as Evelon's concerned, we've frozen time in place at 11:59 on December 31, 2019. We'll give you guys an update when the clock actually hits midnight and the year rolls over on Evelon [Likely some time on the third he's told me].

And hey, since I said the clock is frozen, until it unfreezes, if you thought you missed your chance at giftboxes, yearly items, ect... you're in luck. You're welcome to still buy them as if it were last year until we make our next announcement. ;)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Happy New Year's!

Postby Redd » 01/01/2020 2:19 AM

Okay this exists (and still applies, don't be disheartened if you wanted to get your shopping sorted) and all but... I mean, I have a track record of scorning the gods and doing whatever I want. So I'm going to do just that.
ImageImage
First up! The Birthday Boutique! We've got the new pets to kick off the decade in store now! So head over here to take a look and start planning what you're after this year!
ImageImage
Next is another pet recolor, this time the Cavallion. I've been working to slowly phase out the lined markings and this one was the next on my list! All species with the lines have been updated, although a hard refresh may be required.
Lastly, we've got a small Biolune release! In addition to the Kasuga pictured above, the Tavil and Bruma also received Biolune colorations. Honestly this is the closest thing I could find to bright firework-like markings. One thing I can say for certain, these will not be out for long, so post to claim yours now!

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Redd » 01/03/2020 4:38 PM

Heya all! The Seasonal Specialties has been locked up now and we're packing it away for the year and in short, the micro-pause has now been lifted for everything but Tokens, but we'll have more on that later!

But for now, Giftboxes can be opened! We're doing something a little differently this year. If you go into your inventory, you'll now see giftboxes have a 'Use' button! Click on this and you'll automatically open the box and the pet will be added to your account. If there's any weirdness (it's a little unrefined but I'll be fixing that a little later), let me know but it should all be working.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

UPDATE

Postby Kyrit » 01/03/2020 9:42 PM

ImageImageImage

Well these are certainly shiny! These are in fact the last hold-up of the new year! We're officially bringing the ability to get breedables year-round to all you good boys, girls, and others! The GT prices reflect what Baal would normally sell them for, that way it does not impact sales if she pops back in at any point during the year and opens up actual breedable sales [meaning anything Baal does will not impact your ability to purchase tokens and you purchasing tokens will not impact any purchases you make from Baal!]. That said, we also added KS options. Yes, you can get a few breedables for KS! Admittedly the prices are steep, but they are available should you be interested! Just means you have to work for those Keystones to get yourself on. ;)

With the addition of these tokens we've bumped up the amount of tokens you can buy to four per year! Some people probably wouldn't even know what to do with that many tokens per year, but if we're opening up breedables as well we wanted to give you guys more wiggle room just in case. We'll consider it our new test-run number and if it turns out to be too much work we'll reduce the number again next year.

And now it's officially 2020 all across the forums! A new year means new projects, so look forward to what we've got down the road. I'm really thankful that you guys have put up with the bumps we've hit over the years. It's amazing to think that we still have as active of a community as we do after so long, and here's hoping that we can continue to make little improvements to hang on to the family we've got here.

(All of the other tokens got updated looks too, so if they don't look all nice and shiny just give them a hard refresh to make them look pretty)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/03/2020 11:28 PM

Question: Is it intentional that the breedable gift token is 20 GT/900 KS instead of 15 GT/900 KS like the pattern of the other gift tokens? Or is one of the prices a typo?
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/03/2020 11:31 PM

I did intend to make it a few GT cheaper, but missed editing that part. I'll fix that up
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate