Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

Re: Five Years On... [War Sign Up Thread]

Postby amapup » 04/01/2020 9:38 PM

ImageImageImage

"The war is over."

"Yes, I know the war is over!"

Dark Mail frowned, crossing an arm. There was a sigh from the other end of the line.

"Look, you know I don't want to get involved. But if something breaks out, I won't be able to keep the kid safe..."

"So you want me to go instead." She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Alright San. I'll do this for you. But you're going to owe me." She paused, before adding "And for the gods' sake, get yourself a proper cell phone."

Dark Mail stood up, slipping the phone into her pocket. "Bibble!" The creeper's head shot up from where it was buried underneath a pile of papers as Dark Mail shouldered her purse. "C'mon, we're going out." She pulled her phone out on her way through the door. There was one more phone call to make.

"Hey, Alice. I need backup..."

Side Joined: Imperial
Pet One: Dark Mail/Devil Shinzo
Pet Two: Bibble Mail/Magma Creeper
Pet Three: Alice/Plague Baskerville

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 996
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/01/2020 10:43 PM

ImageImage

All of this nonsense about rebellion and suppression was totally alien to Devyn.

At least for now.

Devyn was a witch of infinite magical talents, but for this event, she was purely on tap for entertainment. For the past few years, she had been hired by the Purines to provide various magical displays--flameless fireworks, glamored costumes, and one of those curtains of mist that had images projected on it. (That one could have been made without magic, but whatever.) This year was no different--she was bustling around near the shoreline, trying to get a mortar of pyromagicks set up for the evening's festivities.

"Rei! Bring me that... tube of... whatchamacallit," Devyn said.

"Indefined item: 'Whatchamacallit,'" Rei replied.

"Smartass," Devyn mumbled under her breath. "The... thing. The colored magical powder! Yes. Bring me the green one."

The Quiksylph hovered over to the tube and brought it to her master.

Neither of them saw the ship on the horizon, nor knew what it had in store for them.

Side Joined: Purine
Pet One: Devyn/Female Lucain
Pet Two: Rei/Custom Quiksylph

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby crow » 04/01/2020 11:48 PM

ImageImageImage

"Ugh, this again..."

Rhodes muttered under his breath as he sat on Sivain's shoulder, the two of them waiting in a line to enlist. The announcement had gone out, and like fools, the two of them had come back after not even a year of freedom from the drudgery of war.

But it was something they knew, at least, and if they could help this one end any sooner...

Sivain said nothing, eyes stoically ahead, but Rhodes surveyed their surroundings for anything out of the ordinary. "I wonder what started this one off," he mused. Not that he expected Sivain to share in the conversation, but it helped pass the time.

Another figure stepped into line behind them, and Rhodes gave the newcomer a cursory once-over. Something about the man gave him pause. It wasn't the horns, or the black sclera, or even the way he was dressed; there were all types here, and by now Rhodes felt as though he had seen most of them. But the man had a... vacant sort of look in his eyes. No, not exactly vacant, but more like...

"Are you alright?" said Rhodes.

The horned man blinked, as though surprised to find himself addressed. And then, with a slight inclination of his head, he said, "Yes, thank you."

Rhodes gave him one last doubtful look, but it wasn't really his way of doing things to get involved with strangers.

"Suit yourself," he said, and turned back around.

Pet One: Sivain/Custom Paragon
Pet Two: Rhodes/Ominous Myu Reaper
Pet Three: Cambriel/Avalanche Panzer
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 04/01/2020 11:51 PM

Image Image Image

"...And you are certain of this decision?" Came the bold, and dubious question from Vyrek. Perhaps not the most wisest of choices in such a moment, as Akkroen silently shifted his dark gaze from the gathering crowds towards the other that dared to do such a thing. One should never question the authority of their king, and even he knew that.

But Isavar quickly waved away Vyrek's concerns with a flick of his tail as he continued to walk forward. While he did not care much for all this business of others involving wars gone past, and the diplomacy that were to come from such an aftermath, it was still important to find out who your newest allies ought to be...

Pet One: Isavar / Concept Albie
Pet Two: Akkroen / Custom Lucain
Pet Three: Vyrek / Maat Battleheart

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby Kodai » 04/01/2020 11:59 PM

Image Image Image

They had not come here for war.

They had, in fact, explicitly left their old lives because they had discovered that they had no affinity for killing innocent people. (And when "innocent" was something that someone else decided, things got murky real fast.)

But the rabbit had assured them that they would not be required to kill anyone, regardless of what others might say. Really, all these people were looking for at the moment were lookouts and spies, and while the Y-classes weren't exactly the sort of people for that job... Well, maybe they would find some individuals in need of a good headbutting, hm?

So here they were.

Pet One: Y-1474/Chaos Chimerantula
Pet Two: Y-87269/Chaos Chimerantula
Pet Three: Y-3558/Chaos Chimerantula

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/02/2020 12:00 AM

"Do you... even remember what happened last time?"

The telltale scratch of a liquid ink pen with a fine tip pressed too hard to weak paper as she scrawled their names, since she was sure they were too lazy (and definitely not unwilling) to do it themselves.
"Mmm, not... really... I kinda' checked out." Moofius admitted as she scrawled 'Queriel' on the paper first.

The seraphim, who was the one speaking to her, furrowed their brow.
"And you're signing up again?"
"Sure?" Moofius said as she added her own name last.
"Do you know why they want people THIS time?"
"Does it matter? I just want to participate in Non-Family stuff. Why are you here? To be useless?" Moofius asked, or rather, accused.

"I'm not a seraphim under Yepha." Queriel said with a smirk, even if it made Safi gasp (a little half heartedly).
"Rude. We do a lot." Safi defended.
"I mean... A lot of useless stuff." Moofius said as she slid the sign up sheet across to the woman in charge.

Pet One: Moofius / Leumoo
Pet Two: Queriel / Soveris
Pet Three: Safi / Diosol
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/02/2020 12:23 AM

"Halt." Lady Lauriel raised a hand and the footsteps behind her immediately quelled. She turned around, eyebrows furrowing as she brought her icy glare down on each and everyone of the troops assembled.

~

She'd assembled a good group, Katharine thought to herself as she led the organised group of militia up the path towards Victory Point. The headland was a perfect point to scout for any signs of Purine rebellion. Up there, you could see the entire coast stretching for miles and the view across the sea was perfect.

After a few minutes of walking, her Magistrey swooped down from above, a note clutched in his claw. Katharine carefully pried the note out, eyes flicking back and forth as she read it.

~

"I am afraid I must stop our advance for a moment. The situation... has changed." The Lady began to walk towards her followers, one foot after another in deliberate slowness.

~

"The Army has reason to believe there are traitors amongst us." Katharine called out, her eyes darting from soldier to soldier, as if to try to catch any betrayal of emotion. Fear, panic. "Traitors who, in our time of need during the wars, were caught working for the Purine Army."

~

"We cannot begin to think of shaking Imperial oppression when these very turncoats walk amongst us. These spies threaten our very existance." Lauriel cried out, dramatically guesturing to the group. A murmur rose up, members turned to each other, as if suspecting the very person who stood next to them. "But fear not, these traitors will be marked."

"And we shall find them. Each and every single one.
And when we do, we will destroy them."

What's Happened?
-- You look down and find someone's pressed a crumpled up paper, like... really crumpled up piece of paper into your hands. You're also handed a pin, because apparently, they want you to pin this godawful thing onto your uniform. Like, who made these? It looked like a kid had whipped it up in MS Paint in like, a minute and then printed it out on a piece of paper fished out of a trashcan. And that was being generous.

-- You'll see your status under your avatar.

-- That is all, for now. Stay tuned for further updates as the situation progresses.

-- If you feel like a mistake has been made about your status, please contact an authorized moderator.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Redd » 04/02/2020 2:31 AM

Okay, thank y'all for dealing with my (Bluu's) usual brand of April Fools shenanigans, both here and on the discord. Ilu all <3 The silly banners will remain for a few days, and then things will return to normal. If you liked the idea (ignore the execution, I literally had like 10 minutes to make them), let me know. I might look into fun ways to implement them.

I apologise for the confusion over the last day. Our sources ran an investigation alas, there is no war. Whilst this entire story seems to be a sham (Taima, for the record, denies supporting any peace movement), the Lambastian and Barakkan leaders are intent on honoring their peace treaty. Lady Lauriel also claims she was not staging a coup and instead was delivering supplies for this festival. Close sources cite her as being extremely shocked by the claims and she's reaching out to her lawyers. Yikes.

But, that means there's no hunt for traitors, so yes you can stop writing your wills, calling your loved ones and for the love of Xai're, I hope you didn't awkwardly confess to that one person. You're safe.

The relevant authorities are very sorry about the whole incident and have made this handsome creature available to those affected. They've also proposed official dates for a Festival of Peace later in the year, so stay tuned for that date.

Peace Gousankke

#TheWarisCancelled, #TraitorsAreCancelled

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd