Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

.:Seeking Staff:.

Postby Kyrit » 04/17/2020 4:05 PM

Growing up is difficult. As we grow up our priorities change; we have work, we find new hobbies, we have less time, perhaps we grow ill. As all of Evelon's current staff members are real people with real lives and jobs, times have been a bit slow as we've gotten busy in our daily lives. We're still here though because deep down Evelon is important to us and we want to keep it rolling. In order for that though, we must come to terms with the fact that we just can't do it on our own anymore. We need some more bright eyes on the team to help us keep content creation, events, and even just daily functions of the forums going.

So who exactly are we looking to bring on board as a new team member? Well, really, it could be any of you! We do have a few primary criteria that we're looking at, but anyone that wants to help in some way will be considered. Here's what's we're mostly looking for;

Someone with time available year round
      - This doesn't mean you've gotta be in contact with us every single day, it just means that if you're going to be busy for any extended period of time we'd like you to at least notify someone else on the staff. This just allows for us to shift duties around if needed. For example, I'm typically most active on Fridays when I have the house all to myself. I still stay in contact with the rest of the staff on other days if they need my input though.
Someone dependable
      - We want someone we can trust. I do not expect this to be a hard box to tick off. Most of you have been around for years and years on the forums with little to no record of trickery, so I think we can trust you by now. ;)
Someone that doesn't expect payment
      - Currently Baal is the only one that makes real money off the site, with the exception of anyone being allowed to charge to draw add-ons and the like. We mods don't have get paid, which is why we're very lax about how long it takes staff to take care of jobs sometimes. That said, we have added a few staff perks over the years, which you will get to enjoy.
Access to Photoshop or other program that can handle PSD files
      - We do not expect all staff to be able to use Photoshop, as we're also generally in need of people to keep events going! That said, Photoshop usage is definitely a huge benefit. For some time now Redd has been the primary source of content for our seasonal events, with mild sprinkling for help from Zap and myself (I'm admittedly just not great at coming up with pets for holidays) when we can. If you would like to help out with artistic functions of the site please check that box, that way Redd can supply you with the test we give for site artists.
Discord use
      - While we do have an entire hidden staff area of the forums, Discord is just a lot quicker to get a response from people. As such we'll need to know that you're willing to join us in our moderator server.

I know I've been rambling, so if I haven't run you off and you are interested in helping us out, just fill this out and send us an email at: landsofevelon@gmail.com

Username:
Relative Availability:
Timezone:
Can you use the Discord?:
Do you want to be art staff?:
Reasons you'd like to join the team:

We're not going to judge you based on your timezone (Redd is on our team after all, and she's well over half a day ahead of most of us), but it is good to know just for communication.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate