Current Updates: The birth of the 'Lands of Evelon' starts today! Welcome to the Official Forum of Evelon! We hope you come and enjoy yourselves here. =3 Please make sure to read the rules and check here often for any current news.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Updates!

Re: The Gate Crashers [Valentines Event]

Postby FrostWynd » 02/14/2021 12:41 AM

Compared to most of the other holidays that her clan would often participate in organizing events for, this particular one was more of a nuisance for Lydia than a fun one. And it would often be met with complaints from her about how the guests always seemed to get too carried away with it. Where seemingly any matters pertaining to their versions of "love" and "romantic dates" always somehow turned into messy affairs one way or another. It was the one day where these things occurred at a magnitude that generally just created even more trouble for her and the others than she thought was actually worth it.

Yet her grandsire and grandam must have thought differently, for they always worked hard to ensure it was a perfect day for everyone that visited their island. With the importance that they were putting towards it right now, would they even actually have time for themselves? Such a tradeoff didn't exactly seem like a fair one in her eyes.

But by this point, she could simply only wonder as she hastily scrawled information down onto a form of sorts, with an energy that obviously showed she was bristling with irritation right this moment.

Oceanside Leisures
Participants: Self

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby Redd » 02/14/2021 4:50 PM

The Week Two Prompt is out now and will be out early for the rest of the event bc I'm a dumb and forgot timezones clashed with work.

Week Two Prompt:
Now - 21st Feb, 11:59pm

Please go to your inventories and in the search bar, type 'Sweetheart'. Then consult the below:

No matter what you were doing, no matter where you were (and I hope for their sake it was nothing too lewd), you hear a soft squeak. Well, kind of a squeaky honk really, like some poor bird didn't quite know what noise a bird was supposed to make. You look around and see nothing, which is kind of good because, I'm sure 90% of these roleplays are taking place where birds aren't supposed to be.

Especially these kinds of birds.

You were graced with another squeak. This time, it was closer and much more demanding.

And another, except this time, you swore it could have come from somewhere around your feet. If you looked down, you would have seen one of two things, neither of them really appropriate for the surrounds, you were sure.

If you received the Squeaker:

This one is a handful! Boisterous, loud, keeps knocking things over and stealing your stuff. He mostly seems independent but will follow you literally anywhere you go. He's also incredibly unsteady on his feet and even the smallest of stumbles will send it into a fit of sad squeaks.

If you received the Aurona:

She's much quieter, but a lot more dependant and won't stray far from her spot next to your foot. She's a tad bit jealous and if you spend too much attention on your partner, you'll find her beak and your ankle will not get along. Beware anyone who's at a restaurant or place with food, as she also has a voracious appetite.

Your task this week is roleplay the bird you received getting into mischief and your characters responses! For Duo RPS, you may rp either 1 or both of the birds, it's entirely up to you.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Redd » 02/17/2021 4:17 AM

In light of the weather events currently affecting the US and the fact that I have an emergency visit to my dentist at the start of next week, I'll be extending the Week 2 deadline to Wednesday Feb 24, 11:59pm. The Week 3 prompt will go out a few hours later, but you'll also get a couple of extra days for Week 3 as well.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: The Gate Crashers [Valentines Event| Wk 2 Extension]

Postby Freezair » 02/23/2021 6:21 PM

So much for a peaceful day of rest at home! That little Squeaker had appeared, causing no end of trouble! Not only did it step in his breakfast, it had made an awful mess in the house! But... it had seemed lost, and separated from its family. And Kane was nothing if not a father. He couldn't sit by and watch while a child was in distress. Even if it got in the way of the lovely day off Ginger had planned for him, he had to find the little guy's family!

Sweets for the Sweet
Participants: Self

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: The Gate Crashers [Valentines Event| Wk 2 Extension]

Postby Redd » 02/26/2021 8:43 PM

Sorry, prompt isn't up to quality & that it's late. Wisdom teeth extraction + extra complications, for those who haven't heard me whining in the Discord.

Week Three Prompt:
Now - 7th March, 11:59pm

You blink, look away or otherwise somehow take your glance off your small, newly acquired penguin friend. The moment your eyes leave the bird, you hear an incredibly offended sque...ak...?

Hold on a minute, that didn't sound like the adorable baby squeak from before, that sounded like a...

You turn back to your new friend and... well, they're not there any more. Instead, a penguin, a much bigger, bright pink penguin is sitting in their spot. A surly teenage scowl - as much as a bird could scowl - was written across his face and he shrugged his glance away from you. An angsty teenager to be sure.

And what was worse, was there was another penguin behind him, slightly smaller, chocolate feathers and a charming, innocent look in her eyes. If the Aurona was needy, the Aura was a downright diva.

Were they multiplying now? Who knew. All you knew was that now you had two penguin children to look after.

tl;dr, you have two penguin children now, the Pengi is your stereotypical angsty teen, causing the same sorts of trouble that the Squeaker did, however if you try to move on or leave, he'll always be shuffling behind you, not keen to let you out of his sight.

The Aura is just as attention seeking as the Aurona, but maybe times that by ten. Tantrums, preening, getting jealous. The lot. The two do not get along at all either.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: The Gate Crashers [Valentines Event END]

Postby Redd » 03/26/2021 10:39 PM

I'm so sorry for the delay, thanks for participating in this little event!

ImageImage

As soon as it started, your new children - now adults - starting gathering what personal belongings they'd acquired (or stolen) in the brief time they'd spent with you and tucking them under their wings for safekeeping. Then, they both waddle up to you, gratitude swelling in their eyes, probably for looking after them, despite being a nuisance and causing mischief.

After a graceful dip of their head, they turn and waddle off. Probably off to penguin college, but who knows with birds.

Thanks so much for participating in my event!! Sorry it's been a bit of a rocky ride! To make up for it, and because the event was always going to be a low stress one, I've made both pengus participation prizes and if you've successfully completed the required amount of posts per week, I'll also be giving you 1 Random Bottled Season Potion!

There will be a delay between this post & evolutions as I need to fight with my mobile tether but I'll try and get that all sorted tonight!

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff