Looking for a certain pet? Wanting to get rid of that nasty 'lil Magma Creeper your mother gave you? Then post an advertisement here for all the pets you'd like to trade and even the ones you're looking for!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Advertise!

[* A Cabin of Treasures

Postby Jaykobell » 02/08/2013 9:30 PM

On the seashore of Dead Coast, far away from the busy city life, was a small cabin. It used to do something back in the days, but people had since long forgotten what it used to do. The windows had been smashed, the wood had soaked up more water than it could probably handle, and the cabin, overall, looked desolate and abandoned. It was a wonder why anyone would even visit the cabin, since it gave off that uneasy haunted feel to those who came too close.

The only one that had decided to take a look at it despite its bad appearance was a Venom Ferrikoon, whose fur looked almost just as bad as the cabin's shape. She owned this cabin, once; she'd been given the task to offer homeless pets to new breeders, and to judge their capabilities as owners. Turned out, the business hadn't worked very well, and the cabin had been left to rot — quite literally.

Now, years later, the Ferrikoon had been picked to do a specific job. Pets that were special, that were one of a kind, that needed a new loving home. The business would taken care of better, and the Ferrikoon wouldn't have to literally end up living on the streets in order to come by every day. Still, could she do it again, after so many years? The cabin looked unusable, and the Ferrikoon was almost discouraged at the amount of work the cabin needed.

All the toxic pet could bring herself to do was stare at the cabin and sigh deeply.

"You're drawing such a long face."

If it hadn't been for the Shinzo standing right in front of the Ferrikoon, the toxic pet probably wouldn't have realized that the reptile was speaking to her. Blinking, the Ferrikoon looked down at the Shinzo down below. "What of it?" the female Ferrikoon asked grumpily, sighing again.

"Don't worry," the Shinzo purred, making her way towards the small cabin right down the path. "I know why you're here, and I can help you," the feline-looking reptile spoke, sitting down on the wet patio entrance of the cabin, as if waiting for the Ferrikoon to follow her.

Lifting an eyebrow, the Ferrikoon just crossed her arms slowly and tilted her head at the strange Shinzo. "Really? What, have you been creeping on me?"

Blinking, the Shinzo giggled quietly and shook her head. "It's not like that, silly," the other female answered, giving a gentle smile to the discouraged Ferrikoon. "I was sent here to help you, so of course, I need to know who you are," the Shinzo explained, although the explanation only further increased the Ferrikoon's confusion.

"Sent to help me?" the Ferrikoon retorted, approaching the smaller pet still sitting in front of her. "Help me how?"

Giving a loud purr, the Shinzo smiled brightly at the Ferrikoon. "Help you with the Outpost, silly. Why would we be here otherwise?"

"But how did you—"

"I was sent here to help you," the Shinzo repeated again, as the Ferrikoon's confusion seemingly only continued to grow instead of clearing. "Now, let me show you instead of explaining..."

Without adding another word, the Shinzo closed her eyes and spread her head wings, which grew to a size beyond what one would expect from a Shinzo. Everything started glowing around the two pets, and after a short amount of time, the Shinzo opened her eyes, now two brightly glowing orbs. Covering her face with her arms because of the blinding light, the Ferrikoon cringed at the unexpected display, wondering what in the world was happening.

"You can open your eyes now," the quiet, high-pitched voice of the female Shinzo said after a short amount of time. Given the cue, the Ferrikoon slowly opened her eyes, letting her arms fall back down to her sides. When her eyes adjusted to normal lighting again, the Ferrikoon found herself staring with both eyes and mouth wide open.

Right in front of her stood the old shabby cabin, now looking like a five-star chalet. Brand new windows and frames, new shining wood, and a form that shone brighter than a freshly-built house. "What... are you?" the Ferrikoon questioned as she narrowed her eyes at the Shinzo, whom only giggled lightly at the question.

"You could call me an embodiment of miracles," the Shinzo answered, getting up in order to step away from the Ferrikoon's way so she could step inside. "And I was sent here to help you with your Outpost, Toxin. Go right ahead; step in."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

[* Rules and Regulations

Postby Jaykobell » 02/08/2013 9:54 PM

~*~

As Toxin stepped inside the newly-renovated cabin, the Ferrikoon's eyes grew wide as she looked at the inside of the building. It looked as if the cabin had just been built yesterday, with the furniture all brand new and untouched. It was the perfect way to start the Outpost business again, with the cabin ready to welcome stray pets waiting to be adopted.

"I will give you some pets to rehome," the Shinzo pipped up from behind the Ferrikoon, which made the taller pet jump. "We have a few pets looking for a new home, and we feel you are the right person to find it for them." With a purr, the Shinzo went ahead and lead the Ferrikoon to the nearest counter, which held a small notebook on it. "Of course, we don't want the new owners to be just anyone... That's why we have a few guidelines you have to follow while judging the new owners."

"Who's 'we'?" the Ferrikoon asked, raising an eyebrow at the curious little creature that only purred for a response.

"That's not important," the Shinzo answered, quite obviously avoiding the question. "For now, focus on the task. You need to know these by heart if you want the business to succeed."

[* Rules & Regulations *]
Please read the following before applying on the pets

1. You may only offer on pets listed in this topic. Do not try to offer on pets listed in my Pen, regular trades, or elsewhere via this topic.

2. Pets will be stocked sporadically, and also varying in rarity. You will mostly find breedables here.

3. Each pet will have an adoption criteria, which will determine who will ultimately win the pet. Please make sure to read what the criteria is for each pet. Failure to meet said adoption criteria will result in your post getting voided.

4. While most pets will be clean slates, if a pet has a name, gender, and/or description, you agree to keeping them when offering. Do not change the pet's information after winning the pet. This includes breedable restrictions, which you cannot drop or ignore.

5. Your application must be RolePlayed as per the official Evelon rules. That means five (5) sentences minimum. There is no maximum; you can RP as much as you want in your post.

6. Offers are carte blanche: offer whatever you like. If you only have 100KS to offer, you can still win the pet if you meet the adoption criteria, which vary between pets.

7. PM offers will NOT be accepted. I will ignore you if you offer by PM. Post in this topic if you want to have a chance at the pet.

8. You cannot sell the pet right after winning it: you have to keep the pet a minimum of two (2) months before you can get rid of it. If you lose your inspiration or don't feel connected to the pet anymore, you MUST give the pet back to ME. It will go back in this Outpost to be adopted again.

Furthermore, if you do wish to sell the pet after the two-month period, you must sell it for the price you paid for, or less. This is not meant to be a way to make profit for you. For example, if you won a Lucain for 100KS, you cannot ask for a Lucain trade or for 500KS. Consequences will follow if you ignore this particular rule.

9. Whining, whether in-character or out of character, will not be tolerated; neither will be insult towards other applicants/users. You will be officially banned from my Outpost if you give others an attitude.

10. These rules can be modified, altered, or changed at any time without prior notice.

~*~

Giving a sigh, the Ferrikoon closed the book.

"Are you ready?" the Shinzo asked, tilting her head curiously as she waited for the Ferrikoon's answer.

"I don't have any other choice anyway, do I?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

[* Pets Available

Postby Jaykobell » 02/08/2013 10:08 PM

~*~

Outpost Pet #3
Name:
Description:

Adoption Criteria:
-State what you will do with the Diosol as much and as clearly as you can. I am looking for personality.
-Unless it is a part of the character, this Diosol will not be used to breed for profit and/or just to breed.

Current Offers:

~*~

Outpost Pet #4
Name:
Species: Celestial/Banded/Spotted Skellie Wings/Slicer Rockbeak Paragon (Belenus x Slavica)
Description:

Adoption Criteria:
-State what you will do with the Paragon as much and as clearly as you can. I am looking for personality.
-Unless it is a part of the character, this Paragon will not be used to breed for profit and/or just to breed.

Current Offers:

~*~

Outpost Pet #5
Name:
Species: Sambava/Ancient/Clawpad Hybrid/Flames Lavamancer Paragon (Mercury x Astraea)
Description:

Adoption Criteria:
-State what you will do with the Paragon as much and as clearly as you can. I am looking for personality.
-Unless it is a part of the character, this Paragon will not be used to breed for profit and/or just to breed.

Current Offers:
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [* A Cabin of Treasures

Postby Jaykobell » 02/08/2013 10:12 PM

While the strange Shinzo managed the publicity and got people to come around to take a look at the pets, Toxin took care of the small cabin.

She took care of the pets left to her by the Shinzo, and she made sure to highlight what kind of owners "they" wanted Toxin to find for the pets in question. Sometimes, the pets freaked her out. They almost looked hollow inside, quiet and not really reacting to her much at all.

The small cabin bell rang as the first interested customers came by. The Ferrikoon turned around and smiled sheepishly as she welcomed the first visitors. "Welcome," the female pet greeted, extending an arm towards the pets she had up for adoption. "Would you like to bring a pet back home with you, perhaps?"

~*~

We are officially open. Please feel free to start posting offers.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 02/08/2013 11:48 PM

He had to make a show of everything.

Landing in a flourish of white salt sand and flashing scale, Ingt certainly felt as good as he looked. Though he was supposed to be at the southern end of the Fe'gan Mountains, this long-distance diversion might pay off. Returning to Alastor with a new recruit in tow would look far better than if he just took a vacation.

The golden Lavamancer spent a moment in the sun, smiling contentedly in the warmth of the tropical sun. This felt better than the desert heat he occasionally wandered to the south, the sunlight less overbearing and seeming like Nature herself wanted you dead. The heat was the reason he stayed away from there whenever possible, though the thermals could be quite fun to ride, soaring high over the flat land without moving a muscle.

Wait, what was he doing? He had a job to do! He was faced with another problem, though: figuring out how to get into the cabin. He assumed the Paragon he had heard of was here and probably inside, though the cabin looked too small to accommodate even one with any kind of comfort, not to mention the fact that the door was just larger than his chest. Oh, dear.

"Hello?" he shouted after a moment of deliberation. "Is anyone home? I'm here on behalf of the Dragon Spire to offer a home to any Paragon here." There was no response, either from the Paragon he had heard about or whoever was running the establishment. Puzzled, he went to try again, but thought that maybe it would work better from the other side of the building. After all, they might all just be around the back and were either unable to hear him or he was unable to hear their response.

He made his way around the back of the cabin, slightly taken aback by how fresh everything looked. He was one for flashy style, that was for sure, but even this was a bit beyond his comfort-zone. This whole "modern convenience" thing humans went for was out of his realm of understanding. He was about to shout again when he discovered the back door was large enough for him to fit his front half though. Satisfied that this would have to do as far as his audience with these people went, he settled himself and proceeded to try and find someone to speak to.

Only moments passed before he realized that the Paragon he had been sent to look for was actually in sight of where he had been able to gain entry to the house. The other male had a familiar face, too, though it could have just been because they shared a species and markings. Come to think of it, there had been a male come through Orotha's clinic who people had said looked like his brother... Maybe this was the same dragon? Either way, the Air Scout leader felt as though he had to help him one way or another.

"Excuse me?" he said, trying to catch the attention of the Ferrikoon running the place. "I've come to offer a home to that Lavamancer. I come from the Dragon Spire, a clan some ways away from here, and I think he might have actually passed through there. I never knew him personally if he did, but he seems familiar. Anyway, I would like to take him with me back to the Spire. I am prepared to pay you what you require, as I have happened upon some human currency called 'Goddess Tears' as well as a rare species of Dragony found only in the Wilt'no Desert." He silently thanked the guiding stars that he had thought to bring something by way of payment; though he had little experience dealing with human economics, he had a vague understanding of this concept of trading. "Uh... Would that be enough?"

Applying for: Male Lavamancer (Mercury x Astraea)
Name: Zuirath (Zoo-ee-rath)
Role: Fixer/Tour guide
Personality/History: A lone wanderer with no real memory of where he came from, Zuirath was found in the desert to the south of the Dragon Spire by one of Ingt's air scouts. The Lavamancer was lost and dehydrated to a dangerous level and was immediately retrieved and brought to Orotha's care. His recovery was a slow one, leaving him still weakened and unable to fly long distances today. He feels a kinship with the Paragon of the Dragon Spire as well as a duty to repay them for saving his life. No one insisted on him joining, saying he was free to continue his nomadic life when he was well enough to be on his own, but he was adamant about staying and has become one of the friendliest faces of the clan.

Since he is unable to fly well, he has relegated himself to the Fixers of the clan, making sure that the dens are in safe, working order and that there is enough food to go around. In addition to his pride at working "behind the scenes" so to speak and being the grease that keeps the gears of the clan turning quickly, he has appointed himself as the unofficial greeter for anyone seeking to join the clan. As a dragon in charge of monitoring the interior superstructure of the den network for cracks and problems, he knows every nook and cranny of the mountain and every route to get from place to place, and the Lavamancer is more than willing to share his store of knowledge with a newcomer.

His overly friendly, sunny disposition comes off as annoying to some, but those who look past his initial in-your-face greeting find a warm and caring dragon who will always stand by a friend's side. He found a bit of kinship in Fiag, the metalworker with whom he tends to work. Their jobs intermingle, and they both have a liking for new individuals and, to different extents, humans. Part of him wonders exactly where he came from, but he knows his place is here at the Spire and wouldn't trade the life he has been granted for anything in the world.

Offering: Random-Custom Dragony + 2 GT

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Shieba » 02/10/2013 10:08 PM

ImageImage

It was not long after the small cabin had become open for buisness that the door opened and two Felloxes walked in. One was quite a bit smaller than the other and obviously still a child while the other was an adult.  The little one had a small bag around his neck with a little stuffed bunny inside. As soon as he saw the Ferrikoon, he rushed over to her. "Hellooooo there~!" He beamed at her. "I'm Lelouch and I'm six! And I love bunnies!" He looked at the bunny in his bag. "This is Mr. Fluffy and he's not a real bunny! But we have a lot of real bunnies at the Chateau of the Mist! There are more than two-hundred-and-seventy there, which is a lot and far more than I can count because I can only count to twenty!"

The other Fellox sighed. "Sorry about barging in like that and my son being so excited. My name is Zeo, king of Pandovia, though I and a lot of other Felloxes currently also live in Whisper Forest, in a chateau. My son here likes rabbits a lot and when he heard from a Shinzo that there was one here looking for a new home, he insisted that we would come here to check if he could adopt it. You need not to worry about the fact that we already have so many - he's definitely not alone in taking care of them and we would give it an excellent home."

"Can I look at the bunny?" Lelouch was clearly indeed very excited and had problems to stand still, hopping up and down a bit. In the end, he couldn't even bring himself to stand around anymore and without waiting for an answer from the Ferrikoon, rushed past her towards where the pets were. The Paragon impressed him temporarily enough that he stared at them for a second, but then he found where the bunny was kept and the dragons were forgotten. "Cuuuuuute! It's adorable! Amaaaaazing! I love how the nose moves up and down!"

"I'm so sorry!" Zeo bowed to the Ferrikoon and then quickly hurried after his son. "Champ, you can't just run around here!"

"I'm a child! Children run around! It's normal!" Lelouch insisted without taking his eyes off the bunny. "I love the bunny, Daddy! I want it really, really much! It's so colorful!"

"Well, that's true." The bunny definitely was very unusually colored; unlike any bunny they had so far. However, Zeo was very sure that Lelouch would have completely and utterly wanted the bunny no matter the color. "It just seems to sit there, though", the king stated. It seemed as if the bunny didn't seem to be entirely conscious of its surroundings, not really reacting much to them. Lelouch was hardly a quiet child and most bunnies were startled at first by him and later on knew that he was responsible for treats and then approached him when they heard him. But no reaction? That was odd. "Excuse me, is everything alright with the bunny?" he asked the Ferrikoon.

"Daddy, it's just very lonely!" Lelouch insisted. "Bunnies need other bunnies to be happy! But I think I know which bunny would love to be friends with this one!"

Zeo blinked. "How the heck can you know that? It's just sitting there and you don't even know if it's a boy or a girl!"

Lelouch was, as usual, completely and utterly unfazed. "Daddy, this bunny, it has...an aura", he stated, sounding as serious as a little, six years old boy possibly could and nodded solemnly.

Zeo had to bite back a chuckle. "An aura? Seriously, Champ?"

"Yeah!" Lelouch looked at the bunny again. "I think it's a boy and a really, really friendly one, too! I can tell! He's a bunny who likes to snuggle with other bunnies. We have a bunny right now who looks for a friend. Her name is Mrs. Ashpaw and I think she would totally love to meet him! They can be best friends and cuddle a lot and groom each other and be totally cute together! And I would feed them lots of carrots all the time!" The more he spoke, the more eager Lelouch got. "Daddy! I totally want him! I wonder what I should name him...maybe 'Mr. Coaltail'! Or 'Mr. Ashpaw' to make sure Mrs. Ashpaw understands that he's a great friend!"

Zeo sighed. "Champ, you can't just name a bunny you don't even own yet! This isn't a normal shop where you pay with money, either. You must also provide a good home for the pet and there are adoption criterias, too. Let's see..." He took a look at what was written as requirements. "We must state what we want to do with the bunny", he read, a bit confused.

"We will give him lots of huggies and kissies! And pet him a lot and give him treats!" Lelouch eagerly chimed in.

Zeo tilted his head. This was a bit odd because it also said something about 'looking for personality' there, but the other things were pretty straightforward and he would simply try to fill out the form as good as he could. They weren't professional breeders, but somehow, they always ended up with lots of babies because Lelouch simply put bunnies together regardless of gender (and even if same-gendered bunnies were in the same pen, they still got babies. Evelon was weird). He had no idea if they had any realistic chance at the bunny, but he would try for Lelouch's sake. He turned to the Ferrikoon. "You might probably think about giving the bunny to someone who has...less of them than we do, which is understandable. But I assure you, my son loves all of them and even remembers all their names and knows their personalities. He's not just hoarding them."

"I wish I would own all bunnies in the world", Lelouch beamed.

"...Thanks for not making this easier." Zeo sighed. "Well, uh, guess we must also offer something for payment."

Lelouch started bouncing up and down again and looked at the Ferrikoon. "I can pay you with cuddles and huggies! Don't you want to hug me? I'm cute! And since I'm a Fellox right now, I'm also really soft! I love huggies!"

"That's not real payment, Champ", Zeo chuckled. "Well, hm, we're not exactly poor, so it would feel wrong to offer something worth less than the Diosol. But what exactly I offer...oh yes." He remembered that Haephnes had actually told him to offer a dragon to people for a bunny some time back. Which was among the oddest things someone had ever said to him, but with Haephnes, it was hardly something new and it probably also meant that she would take care of these things. "Uh, we have a dragon of some sorts...somewhere. Do you like dragons?" He looked at the Ferrikoon a bit nervously. Hopefully, she wasn't thinking of him as crazy now.

Lelouch, of course, was unfazed by everything. "Can I have the bunny now?" he asked with big eyes, trying to win both adults in the room over. "I'll care for him really well!"

Zeo sighed. "Let me fill out the paper and then we must hope that the lady here decides in our favour." Holding a pen with a paw was quite the difficult thing, as was writing in Evelon's language, but he wanted to do his best or Lelouch would be sad for days.

"Noooo, Daddy, let me do it! I know all about the bunny already!" Lelouch took the pen and immediately started to write in big letters - he was a first-grader, after all, and he suffered from the paw-problem as well.

"Uh...I'll look it over and correct the mistakes", Zeo quickly assured the Ferrikoon. He wasn't sure if it was a good idea to let Lelouch fill out the paper, but since it would be Lelouch's bunny, he wanted to give his son the chance to show how much he cared.

Applying for: Cute bunny! (Bred Diosol (Ashton x Agnes))

Name: Maybe Mr. Coaltail! (I admit that I suck at naming pets and names tend to change around for me. I even rename pets with set personalites a lot after they have had many RPs. So I'm...not too sure on the name yet. I like 'Mr. Coaltail' since it would be nice together with 'Mrs. Ashpaw'. But maybe I should simply name him 'Mr. Ashpaw', which might fit into the storyline better and because he has cute, black paws as well.

Personality: He is a really cute bunny who likes to groom his ears a lot. I think he'll be really great friends with Mrs. Ashpaw. She currently lives in a pen with her sister, but they don't get along so well, so maybe she would like to move out and meet a nice, new bunny! They could be friends forever and play with each other a lot. Mrs. Ashpaw is a bit shy, though, so Mr. Coaltail would probably have problems at first. But I'm sure he's really nice and he can win her over! I would cuddle with him a lot as well and I think he probably likes dandelion greens because all bunnies like them and I collect them all the time! I have a lot of bunnies already, but I care for all of them really well and love them all and he would have a great home forever!
(It's a bit hard to write a complete personality since the bunnies...are just bunnies and can't talk. I just look at them and get ideas about their little quirks. This one would groom especially his right ear a lot and like sniffing at things being placed above him, looking cute when putting his adorable black paws next to each other (aww!). For plot, basically, he would turn out to be a really friendly bunny which would be placed into a pen with Mrs. Ashpaw. Mrs. Ashpaw is a bit of a dominant bunny and not a cuddler and would, at first, not really want to be all that affectionate and even start a fight and Lelouch would have to do something to separate them. However, he would also see that Mr. Coaltail would be sad without Mrs. Ashpaw and try again to get Mrs. Ashpaw to like him and would eventually succeed. Yes, it's not the most exciting plot in the history of mankind, but again, these are just bunnies. They would be indeed lifemated during a breeding, though - because again, bunnies, and because I lifemate all of my breedables during breedings. I dunno why. None of the kits would get sold, they would all stay with me. I don't breed bunnies for profit because...I love them all so much I just can't sell them. I know that it looks like I just hoard them endlessly, but that's not true, either - they all have names and little personalities, but writing down personalities for nearly 300 bunnies is a task that scares me so much that I haven't gotten to it yet. The kits from the breeding would get placed into the bunny-pen with their parents until I find lifemates for them within my bunny collection or they look so similiar that ripping them apart from their parents would seem really strange.)

Offering: Huggies and kissies! And Daddy offers a dragon! (Random Paragon)

Zeo looked at the paper where he had corrected a ton of mistakes his son had made. "Uh..." Handing it to the Ferrikoon, he was very aware of how unprofessional it looked compared to what other people would probably write - he was a king, after all, and used to endless amounts of paperwork and how it had to look to appear well done. "Lelouch tried his best, really."

"I did!" Lelouch nodded. "For the bunny!"

Well, now all they could do was wait and hope that they had made a good impression - maybe not professional, but surely at least Lelouch had shown how passionate he was about bunnies.

I know my dreams are made of you
Of you and only for you
Your ocean pulls me under
Your voice tears me asunder
Love me before the last petal falls

However cold the wind and rain
I'll be there to ease your pain
However cruel the mirrors of sin
Remember beauty is found within

*~*~*Pen*~*~*Wishlist*~*~*Imp. Docs*~*~*
Shieba
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 213
Donate

Postby Sarah » 02/11/2013 2:15 AM

The goddess pulled up to the cabin, opening her car door and quietly getting out. Her aura successfully hidden so that she didn’t arouse suspicion. From her vast bank of knowledge she knew that there was something here that could benefit coming back to the gods with her. She walked up to the cabin with high hopes, wondering what exactly would be waiting for her inside. So far the whole look was unsettling, the rotting wood didn’t hold much promise but it did show signs of renovation.  This gave the goddess a good feeling, something or someone would be in here that was worth her effort. It was hard for gods to gain access to the mortal world, so it had taken a lot of convincing for the other gods to allow her to leave her spot in the great library. She was the goddess of knowledge, so she understood her importance and the risk she took spending time here.

The goddess knocked on the door, opening it slowly. She stepped in quickly and started walking into the cabin without closing the door, she really didn’t want to be trapped if something came up and she would have to leave. She saw three pets inside, along with two, what she assumed where shop keepers standing around the pets. They all looked rather content. “hello.” The goddess said softly approaching the pets so that she could observe them. One pet stood out. “I think I have found what I am looking for.” She said quite pleased that it took only a few moments for her to realize what she was looking for was in fact in this building.

She looked the diosol over being careful not to touch it in fear that she would be breaking a rule, or that the thing would know what she was. “Hello little one,” She cooed, her eyes softening. “Would you like to come home with me?” she asked forcing her stare to become less intense. “I hope you don’t mind my intrusion.” She said looking up at the shop keeper again. Her interest in the little thing showed very clearly. “She is a very beautiful creature.” She commented turning back to study the small thing.

“Oh yes, I believe that I have come here for this pet. Should you find me eligible to take her with me of course.” The goddess knew the mortals where very connected to their pets but she didn’t mind. Being thorough at least made sure that they would not be going to some sort of breeding mill or abusive home. She passed a small scroll to the shop keeper. “Sorry it looks so ancient, and that what I have to offer is very insignificant.” She said feeling weird.

Applying for: Bred Diosol (Ashton x Agnes)
Name: Alluna  Dylus
Description:

Alluna is one of the first gods to appear. She was made to control the rising and setting of both the moon and the sun. She is the balance that sets the foundation for life. She is a fair goddess though her personality and mood can be a bit contradictive. But she does have the coldness of night and the warmth of the sun set inside of her so that could explain some of it. She is a very calm goddess all around, very focused and determined. She is kind to those she knows well, and a little cautious around others, though it is rare for her to run into anyone that she does not know. She is one of the oldest goddesses, and it could be argued that she was the first woman to take her place as a god. Worshiped by many cultures she always took favor to those who were most devoted to her. She loves attention and has been very spoiled over the many years she has been worshiped.

She has never left the skies or her place in the palace that shows all of the sun and moon and stars and basically the whole universe. She works alongside a few select gods, mostly the gods of the planets and stars. She must work closely with them or else things could happen that would cause the unplanned destruction of whole galaxies. She never directly partakes in the destruction she could never kill so many living creatures. Things that her light and dark created from their energy, she feels are like her own children. Sometimes she does have to force a sun to explode or a moon to get drug off path and run into a planet, these are her bad days, the days that she should be left alone. She knows the demands of her job and over many billions of years has grown used to it, enough that she does not get cast into a deep depression very often.

When she isn’t working with the other star gods she could be found helping and teaching angels who have found themselves with the unusual powers over space or time. She knows these things are hard to control. They are also very fragile and could cause unintentional wide spread death of mortals. She is a very patient teacher allowing her students to take their time. She does not allow imperfections though and when one of her students make a mistake no matter how big she refuses to teach them and rips their powers away. She tells everyone with the responsibility of time or space how fragile life is and that if they make any move to destroy the life her powers bring she will excommunicate them in any way possible, and that they should act as if they are working with her own children when they are with the mortals. Being a goddess she doesn’t have to contact the angel council to send an angel falling to the ground.

There have only been two students of which she had excommunicated, and both of them have been found later on to be causing havoc on the mortal planets. She had strong instincts about the characters of people, and she trusts her instincts to show her the right and fair path.so far they have not led her astray, she has saved many planets from aliens that wished harm and has stopped evil powers from rising and taking over whole galaxies. She is well respected in her position and still famous in human stories, and a few very small religions.

She is a goddess who will hold a grudge forever; this is one of her faults. It is a sad fault that makes it hard for her to trust others. She will be colder than ice if she has to interact with anyone who has made it onto her bad side. She doesn’t even act civil, she is cruel and accusing. Refusing to work with whoever it is that she is interacting with. She has a sharp hate for most mortals, and a deep feeling of betrayal and spite for demons of any kind. She is very set in stone with her old timey beliefs, and never strays from her morals or the path and goals that she sets herself.

In some places there are still tribes that have not yet evolved past their cave man ways and still praise her as a god. Some evolved people still hold her high in their beliefs as well; this allows her to stay in power instead of being replaced by another more popular god or even an angel. It makes her sick to think that an angel would take her place, and she has planned that if she is to be replaced with an angel she will go out with a fight. A fight that would cause the end to many planets.

She is not opposed the being replaced by another god, and frequently allows lesser gods to take her position. She gets drained sometimes from having to watch over so many things and requests a few days to herself so that she can rest and recharge. It is not often she leaves her post, she is very unsure that others will be able to reach her very high set standards. She thinks that no one has higher powers or passion, so she has the bar set low for others, even her friends. Which she has been told is quite annoying and at times makes her say stupid offensive things.

Offering: This girl
Sarah
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 6401
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/23/2013 4:24 PM

Image Image

"Sirana, are you sure this is the right place?" The red haired and butterfly winged goddess, Ophelia, asked, eying the white haired woman beside her with uncertainty.

"The unusual time energy signature is coming from this building, yes," the keeper of time confirmed. "I suspect that it must be Zaith, though what he is doing here, I do not know."

These words could only make Ophelia frown. What the God of Strength and Power was doing with disappearing for days on end and turning up at some beach cabin without so much as a word, she had no idea. Better yet, she wondered why the rest of the Court of the Gods had sent her, out of everyone, to search for their valuable self-appointed leader. Among most of those making up the highest ladder of the Court, Ophelia was generally disliked, because she hailed over the domain of destruction. Ah, that was it. They must have wanted to send her away for awhile, on some wild goose chase. Too bad for them that she recruited the Goddess of Time in her efforts, making it exceptionally less difficult. If she could bring back the missing god, the rest of the Court could never live it down and perhaps they would hold more respect for her.

"Are we going in, or are you just going to stand here all day?" Sirana prompted, already making her way to the door without needing an answer from her companion. As she hauled open the door, she waved Ophelia inside.

Without a word, both women entered the cabin, the goddess of destruction shouting out a greeting. "Hello! We're here in order to find a friend of ours that recently went missing. We have reason to believe that he wound up here. Outside of his human form, he looks like a dragon."

Their eyes soon landed on a Ferrikoon, and Sirana tried to smile as politely as she could, though it was obvious that she was a considerably shy person. Her only confidence came from Ophelia standing beside her. "Um, hello. My name is Sirana, and this is my friend, Ophelia."

"Do you happen to have any dragons about?" Ophelia inquired, though her question was answered by Sirana as quickly as she had managed to ask it. The keeper of time tugged on the other woman's sleeve, pointing toward the area where there were not just one, but two Paragon as well as a Diosol.

"The time energy signature coming from that cream and orange dragon is nearly identical to Zaith's time energy signature."

"Oh, excellent! Then we'll just take him and be on-"

"That wont work, Ophelia," Sirana pointed out. "Look, there are rules to take any of those three home. We have to follow them if we want to try to bring him back."

Ophelia was skeptical, though she read all of the rules, pulling a face there at the end. So they needed to offer something in return for him, did they? And they needed to tell about him? How very odd. "I'm not sure that is necessary, really. If he just tells them who he is, then he should be able to go, right?" Of course, her plan fell through when she approached the Paragon and yielded no response. "He is void of life," she realized. Immediately wondering what awful thing had happened to him and how it had happened in the first place.

"Well, all right then, if he doesn't remember who he is, we will just have to try to explain," she said, decidedly. Turning back to the Ferrikoon, she began, "Zaith is the name of our comrade here, and I often used to make remarks on how his name was so similar to 'wraith,' which he didn't really like. Our existence is supposed to be a secret, but it seems as though I must tell you. I am actually a Goddess of Destruction, while he is actually a God hailing over Strength and Power. He and I both serve as high class gods of The Court of Gods. The Court of Gods consists of members such as he and I, that are 'The Court,' specifically, while we watch over lower class gods, deities and other supernatural beings, such as my friend here." Here, she gestured toward Sirana, who was standing somewhat behind Ophelia with a nervous smile. There was no way that she could do as much talking as Ophelia was, not to a complete stranger. Really, Sirana had terrible social skills, despite always trying to remain polite and friendly, unless she had a specific reason to be hostile. "As members of the Court, we do many things, such as preventing those we watch over from harming the mortal world in which we live, as well as providing security to those that need it."

"Anyway, Zaith is a very important member of the Court, as he is something like the leader of the Court. He is the voice of reason, the one that prevents arguments among ourselves and delivers our final judgement on each case. He's not only physically strong, enough to combat our rebellious God of War, but mentally as well. In my case... He has saved me from the judgement of our fellow Court members, that have tried to expel me from my position of power for my differences. He is a steadfast leader, though he is understanding. I... I want him to return with us. I don't know what happened to him, why he is here and has no memory of himself, but I don't want to serve on the Court without him. We need him to function correctly."

With Ophelia's last words, Sirana seemed surprised. She had no idea that Zaith was actually so important to Ophelia, though she could relate to him being the understanding one. Some members of the Court made her particularly uncomfortable, especially after Zaith wanted to give her a position on the Court itself. Many members already on the Court resisted the idea and complained, though she intended to turn down his offer anyway. She wasn't the sort of person that would make a good leader, too shy of people for her own good. However, she was thankful for the opportunity he offered anyway, even if she didn't take it. It made her feel welcome among them, something she had never once felt in her entire life until then, until he and the others came to accept her.

Those thoughts in mind, she braved speaking, "I would like to provide a Dalma and a Fallow Frightmare to offer in exchange for him, the Lavamancer. These beings, similar to those you have here, have no suitable place to go. Their time, currently, is frozen and need to find where they belong."

(I chose to roleplay in this manner rather than roleplaying a character filling out an application in order to show some connection between these characters and the character that would belong to the Lavamancer, should I have the opportunity to trade for him. I know that this didn't give me the chance to explain every personality detail, but I hope it is sufficient in understanding his valuable character position. I would also like to note that the character Zaith was created entirely by looking at the Lavamancer, not pre-designed and he just seeming suitable. It was created for this lovely Lavamancer specifically. Him vanishing and forgetting who he was, and having to be tracked down by Ophelia and Sirana, will even be part of his plot. Thank you for your time.)

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby crow » 04/17/2014 11:13 PM

((hopefully this is still open; if not, my bad!))

In all his nine lives--- and he was well old enough by now to have lived all nine, he was sure--- Rhodes had never been subject to the indignities of being an errand boy by any of his previous masters. He found that he was now growing used to it, which amused and vexed him in turns. He was an accountant by profession, and could be coaxed into other jobs given sufficient compensation, but this... This was a little too much, wasn't it? The least they could have done was send someone with him, as transport. “Really, asking someone like me to come here on my own poor paws...” The air smelled thickly of salt so close to the sea, and he could feel the stuff begin to settle in his fur. He wanted badly to groom himself, but it wasn't the time for that.

The sight of the cabin was a sorely welcome relief, and the little cat quickened his steps. He paused a moment on the walkway to admire the pristine windows and the polished wood exterior. He wondered how they managed to keep it from warping in the elements, but magic wasn't exactly a rarity in these parts, as he had learned. Comforted by the cabin's grand appearance, he let himself in without a fuss.

He greeted the Ferrikoon inside with a bow, though with his body it looked more like a deep nod instead. Now that he had actually arrived, Rhodes was all business, his movements smart and graceful, with no trace of the weariness that had plagued him before. He procured a sheaf of papers seemingly out of thin air, and these shuffled themselves as he glanced over the pets held within the cabin with a critical golden eye. Then, he leaped onto the desk and pawed at a form. With a flourish of his tails, a pen materialized and moved deftly over the form as Rhodes watched, looking occasionally to one or another of his own documents. Finally, the pen came to a rest, and Rhodes nudged the freshly-filled form over to the Ferrikoon.

He spoke, in a voice that sounded far too deep to be coming out of such a tiny body. “I hope you'll find everything satisfactory here. We are offering a home to the Diosol here, if you would allow us. As for payment... I don't suppose you would take another Diosol as a trade?”

Applying for: Bred Diosol (Ashton x Agnes)
Name: Senna
Offering: This Diosol

Description:

(The Garden of Stars is home to the court of Elirian, Lord of Stars, whose governance is death and rebirth. Originally his role was to guide spirits into the sky after they passed away, and then guide them back down to be reborn; he was banished to the Garden of Stars by his elder brother when he gave mortals the gift of dreams, and has since then been forced to relegate his powers and responsibilities to lesser beings, who serve as his court as well as his links to the outside world, for he is forbidden to leave himself.)

Senna was once a humble girl of mortal origins, though one would be hard-pressed to guess that from the way she carries herself. She is as much at home in the Garden of Stars as any of its denizens who had been born into immortality. Her official place in the court is as the Weaver of Dreams. When she was first anointed, she worked alone, though now she has a few assistants; there are many more dreamers now than there had once been.

Her appearance is not grand compared to her fellows, and she still looks much the mortal she been before, unadorned by fine robes or illusions. The cloak of stars, which she is never seen without, is her one item of extravagance, but even this was woven with mundane silk thread. It is a testament to her skill, rather than any magic, that it looks no different from the garments of any of the other celestial beings. She is passably pretty, as girls go, but it is her lively spirit that lends her a quality that catches the eye.

She is by and large a great favourite among the court, especially with Elirian. Due to that partiality, she has been allowed to get away with a great deal of mischief in the past. However, this leniency is not merely the result of doting. Senna is at her best when her creativity is allowed to operate unrestricted, and many of her greatest accomplishments have come about through cleverness and guile. Her wit is an asset, and so the court tolerates her endeavours to sharpen it, even if it does make life hectic and unpredictable for them sometimes. It is worth noting that she is no favourite among the celestial bureaucrats, but that is likely because they do not take well to disorder of any kind, which naturally only encourages her to tease them.

Having once been mortal, and a young mortal at that, Senna serves an important role that nobody had anticipated when she was first accepted as part of the court. She is one of the few among the court of the Garden who can offer a mortal's perspective, and just about the only one who is brazen enough to give her opinion without being asked. It is a little-known fact, but Senna had helped avert quite a few questionable decisions made by the court in the past, and now she holds an additional place of honour as one of Elirian's most trusted advisers, if on a somewhat erratic basis.

The court of stars as a whole is not well-known among mortals, but the tale of how Senna came into her position is a famous folk tale:

When time was young and the old folk could still remember when the first dream had been dreamt, there was a young girl, apprenticed to a weaver. She was greatly skilled even at a young age, but her master was a petty and jealous man, who rankled at the idea of his own apprentice outshining him. So he forbid her to weave tapestries and fine cloths, allowing her only to work on rugs. And when she wove rugs as fine as paintings, he forbid her to weave with bright wool, and gave her only drab browns and greys. And when she wove piece after piece of elaborate patterns, he set her to weaving burlap sacks.

The girl searched in vain for a way to make the sacks interesting, but at last her master had found a task at which even she could not excel. Frustrated, one night she ran away to a lake in the midst of a forest, where it was said the gods could be glimpsed. She knelt by the waters and prayed for a way to leave her unpleasant master. Not long after, she heard voices engaged in distant conversation, and crept forward to look. There, in the lake, was gathered a throng of celestial beings, each dressed in robes finer than the last. A stoic clerk, who wore a garment with long flowing sleeves that glowed of moonlight, read from a scroll wrought from pure silver sheets. "The Lord of Stars is holding a contest," read the clerk, "to find the finest weaver in all the land."

As the celestial beings murmured amongst themselves, the girl mingled with the crowd, hoping to steal away unnoticed. However, dressed in a threadbare apprentice tunic, she was soon spotted and chased away.

Undaunted, she hatched a plan, and crept into her master's storeroom that night. Greatly daring, she took his finest silk threads, she wove herself a cloak of stars every bit as beautiful as the robes of the celestials. She worked through the night, and feigned sickness the next day, even though her master cursed her and beat her for uselessness. When night fell again, she donned the cloak of stars and ran to the lake again. This time, when she mingled with the crowd, nobody took notice.

Each entrant had brought a piece of their work to show the clerk. There were fabrics woven from sunshine and dew, scarves light and sheer as smoke, heavy drapes cut from darkness itself. At last, the clerk came to the weaver girl, and asked what she had to show. Not knowing what else she could offer, she shed her cloak, and revealed herself as a mortal.

The clerk was impressed. With nothing more than silk thread, she had woven a cloak that could fool even the eyes of the heavens. Seeing her chance, she told him of her plight, and he agreed to take her to see the Lord of Stars.

Elirian received all those that the clerk had chosen with equal grace, even though the weaver girl was but a mortal and the other celestials were displeased by her presence among them. He gave the weavers free run of his own stores, gathered from the far reaches of the world. There were yarns spun from the fishing tales of old men, needles made from shards of comets, and a loom that could weave time itself. He had simply one decree for them: to make him the finest piece they could.

They had three days and three nights. On the first day, the girl wove a silk that moved like the sea, but one of the celestial weavers stole it when she paused to eat. On the second day, she wove a rug of mythical beasts, which changed each time one looked upon it, but could never be observed to move; but she fell asleep at the loom for a moment, and that was stolen too.

With only one day left to her, she wept, and resolved to make a piece that no one could steal from her. Willing her tired hands to move, she wove furiously through the final day and night; and when she was done, she knew it was the finest thing she had ever created, and nearly wept again with the effort that it had took. Then she begged the clerk for a drink. When she returned, her masterpiece was gone, but this time she was not worried.

The day came for the weavers to present their work. The first knelt before the Lord  of Stars and presented the silk that moved like the sea. The second, the rug of dancing beasts. The third unfurled the bundle in her hands and laid a tapestry at Elirian's feet. It was a fine tapestry of an infant upon a green field, but there was nothing remarkable about it. The crowd grew quiet, and the third weaver looked around restlessly. However, the girl smiled, walked up to the tapestry, and taking one corner in each hand she sent a ripple down the length of the cloth. As the cloth shivered, the infant stood, and took a step.

She waved the cloth again, and the child became a girl, playing in the fields and rolling hills of a farm. The sun set in the horizon, and the girl ran back to a little house and spun wool while her mother sang. Day broke; the girl, a little older, was handed away to a stern-faced man. As the tapestry undulated again, the girl sat at a loom and wove--- silks and scarves, linens and rugs, and potato sacks. She was sneered at by her master, ran away to a lake and prayed, and worked through the night to weave a cloak of stars. For her final creation, the girl had woven her life into thread; even stolen, it was hers, and no other could claim it as their own.

The weaver girl swept a low bow to the Lord of Stars and said, "I come before you empty-handed, great Lord, for these three have been kind enough to bring my work before you. All three of these are my creation alone." The other weavers protested, but the one that had taken the tapestry confessed the crime, for if she could not win, she was determined that neither of the other two thieves should benefit either. Shamed before the court, they had no choice but to forfeit their claims.

Elirian smiled at her, and declared her victor. "The tapestry alone could have won you the title, but to create all three in the space of three days is remarkable. I could grant you any boon you like," he said, "for you are mortal and I would give you that choice. But I would like you to remain here, as one of us, and weave for me my fabric of dreams." The Lord of Stars himself knelt before her as he spoke. Mortified, the girl urged him to his feet, but he would not move until she gave him an answer. Finally, she agreed, and he stood and beamed at her. "I warn you, the task will not be easy," he said.

She grinned at him in return, and replied, "I only ask that it never be dull either."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate