Looking for a certain pet? Wanting to get rid of that nasty 'lil Magma Creeper your mother gave you? Then post an advertisement here for all the pets you'd like to trade and even the ones you're looking for!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Advertise!

-The Caravan's Trading Post-

Postby Freezair » 08/20/2015 5:06 AM

-The Caravan's Trading Post-

Everything about the mysterious atmosphere in this place suggested it should've been found deep in the center of the woods, in a golden-green clearing, the sunlight trickling in overhead. But this was Terrence Park, in the middle of a bustling city, and the tallest nearby tree had children climbing it with little fear from their parents or guardians. But something about the tent set up in the middle of the park made it clear it was no ordinary tent. Maybe it was all of the noise that seemed to be coming from inside. Maybe it was how dark the other side of the tent looked beneath its flaps. Or maybe it was the sign that bid entrance into "THE CARAVAN TRADING POST." A large, dark Seraphant slithered around the entrance. With a nod, he bid visitors to enter.

For a brief moment, visitors to the tent were enveloped in smoky darkness. Then the world opened up before them. The dark canopy that spread overhead was vast and shady, spreading as high as the clouds, but let in a fine film of sunlight. The place beneath it was bustling. Pets of all colors, shapes, and kinds scurried about. They lounged in bedrolls, chatted over tables, and shared meals. It was like some kind of convention or meetup. But this place was, in fact, a great caravan, and all these disparate souls traveled together.

From the feathered and furry masses, a lone human approached out of the shadows. She had flyaway red hair bound up in a bun, and a freckled, weathered face that had clearly seen a great deal of travel. On her shoulder, a wry-faced Rengosett perched. Behind her, a gentle-faced Placid Paragon and a wise-looking Garudor followed.

"Hey there," the woman said, her voice oddly casual. Her voice didn't match her tired eyes. "So I heard you came here looking to help us? Yeah. We've got some pets here... they're tired of traveling with us. They want new places. New homes. Somewhere they can settle down. Stuff we can't give to them, you know? Thanks."

The Placid Paragon dipped her head. She giggled. "Yeah. Let's take you to meet the candidates!"

-RULES!-

-To apply to adopt a pet, simply tell me about the personality or story you plan to use for said pet. I would prefer it if your posts here were not roleplayed, so I can focus on what your ideas for the pet are! Once I see one I like, I will select the person who wrote up that personality and they'll get that pet!
--Some pets will have pre-set names or personality stubs attached to them. You must work those names or stubs into their profile in some fashion, but how, I leave up to you!

-Any pets you adopt from me may NOT be sold. You don't have to hold onto them if you find the character you have for them doesn't work out, and there's no limit as to how long you have to wait before you can do this. However, if you decide that you no longer want them, you MUST give them away. They may be gifted as presents or contested away, however, you may NOT accept pets, KS, GT, or any other payment (art, off-site trades, etc.) for them. This also means that you may not charge fees for entering a contest to win them! Once you give the pet away, this restriction MUST stay with them.

-To adopt a pet from this service, you must also pay an adoption fee of 5 KS for every breedable of the same species that you already own. This means that if you own 3 Soverii, to adopt a Soveris from me, it would cost 15 KS. Similarly, if you own 20 Paragon and want to adopt a Paragon from me, it would be 100 KS. However, this is a NOT FOR PROFIT trading post. If I accept your application, DO NOT SEND THE KS TO ME. A mod will deduct the KS from your account.  

Without further ado, on to the pets!

-Lucain-
"Follow me for the Lucain," the Rengosett said. "Sorry, but Jimmy here," he said, pointing to the woman, "she's got... issues with dogs. We wouldn't even have 'em here if it were all up to her, but Skycutter--the Garudor--she got 'em to relent."

ImageImage
"This poor boy, on the left, has had a pretty rough life. His name's Quentin, and he's lived for a while on Jimbo's parents' farm. He seems to be somewhat afraid of making new friends, because so many people close to him have betrayed him. The only one who's never left him is his sister Phoebe. So wherever he goes, she goes too. Sad, really. He seems to really want a home where he will be cared for and loved unconditionally. Can you provide that for him?"
Special Notes: "These two cannot breed, as they have a rather wide old lineage."
(Note: These two are adopted as a set. You'll only pay one adoption fee for both of them.)

"Mimosa here is a little bit wild! She's something of a party girl who loves staying out all night and really living it up. That's all we really know about her!"

"To be perfectly honest, we don't know much of anything about this fella! He's quite quiet, and he seems mostly obliging. He seems to be kind to others, especially children and smaller creatures. He's never spoken to us much, though, except to complain about it being too hot. I'm sure you'd have better luck getting him to open up! We did manage to get him to tell us, though, that he'll answer to whatever name his new owner gives him."

-Paragon-

"Oh, you want to meet the Paragon?" the Placid girl said. "That's my department, right there! Follow me!"

"Aww, lookit her! This girl is just an absolute SWEETHEART, let me tell you! She is just way too nice to everyone she meets! From what she's told me, she wants a new owner so she can see more of the world and expand her horizons. She seems to really like learning! She wants her owner to give her a new name when she's adopted, like, a symbol of her becoming part of a new family! Aww."

"Oh boy! I can't even walk past this guy without him putting the moves on me! His name is Jardín, but he says he's willing to accept a new name if you like. He thinks he's such a ladies' man! He's always complimenting girls and trying to charm them! What a playboy!"

-Soveris-

The Garudor had a sad look on her face. "I'm sorry. It looks like we have no Soverii hunting for new homes at this time. Check back later, though."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: -The Caravan's Trading Post-

Postby Skeetzybug » 09/30/2015 3:27 AM

Ohhh my gosh, the second I set eyes on Custard there, I knew I had to apply for her. Her concept is PERFECT for a storyline and character set I've already got going, and have for awhile! Allow me to explain.

My Cake Kuhna, Minerva "Muffin", runs Sweetie Paws Bakery. It's open at two points - short hours during the mid-day, and short hours in the middle of the night. She does this specifically for the more.. supernatural set of the community, after a run in with a particularly sweet-loving little dhampyr. (Crow's Dante, to be precise) At first it's just her and her co-owner Lucas, but as they get busier I'm SURE they would need some help! They specialize in cupcakes, cookies, bars, full cakes, all the sweet things. It sounds right up Custard's alley, and her name even matches Muffin's!

With particular aspects of the business, Custard would probably be either a being of the supernatural, or someone with abilities in that realm, since Muffin tries to aid people of that set. I haven't quite decided which she would be yet, it usually take a lot of debate for me to settle on that sort of thing. With her colors if she was a creature, she wouldn't be a shuck - so maybe a waheela or a shunka warakin? All else fails, mayhaps someone with a psychokenetic ability of some sort.

I'll be using Sweetie Paws as a setting at least once in a visual Quest on TGchan soon, so if Custard was added to the cast she would appear in that as well. Hopefully my ideas for her make the cut - thank you so much for reading regardless!

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/30/2015 4:19 AM

Congratulations! It looks like Custard is excited to go home with you! However, she can't come with you until you can pay the adoption fee of 5 KS for every Lucain you own. It seems like you have three Lucain so far, so getting 15 KS (which is about 3 RP posts) will make her yours!

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/01/2015 2:03 AM

Sorry about that!! I was going to do some posts last night and ended up tuckering off instead. I'm very honored to be able to take Custard home! Happy to pay the fee - though I will ask, I thought I only had TWO Lucain ATM, (him and her) so if there's one I own that I'm missing I would love to know so that I can. Have. It. Hahaha!

It's been awhile since I've been back, so whom exactly should I PM for this, just any Mod, or a particular one?

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/01/2015 2:10 AM

You were listed as owning an additional bred Lucain from a breeding you did, but maybe that was out of date! And don't worry, I handle the PMs for getting the KS taken care of.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 10/01/2015 2:48 AM

OKAY SO Crow just. Informed that I have another female I didn't know about!! So 3 is accurate. I'm so sorry I had no recollection of getting her at any point and didn't see her in my bred female listing somehow! My sincere apologies for the confusion.

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..