Have you ever had a suggestion, but you had no idea where to post it? Or have you proposed something, but with time, your suggestion got lost in the Gossip&Chatter limbo? Fear no more; this board is especially for our members, and for all their great suggestions just awaiting to be heard! If you have any suggestions to make, please post in this board!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Suggestions Board

Re: * New RolePlaying Areas

Postby Mousen » 01/12/2011 10:21 PM

You know what would be really great? In my opinion anyway. x3;; An area similar to the out-line roleplay areas except it's for roleplaying in places in Evelon that don't exist/yet. Personally I'd love to do a roleplay in a village next to a loch with my Evelon characters~ But I don't think it would make a fantastic area, but I'd still love to roleplay 'there' or areas that are on the map and haven' quite been added yet, and you can't quite find a good replacement for them, or if you just can't think of a good place to do that one seen that takes place in a warehouse, since you just need and 'average' town. The areas wouldn't be canon and they'd vary from roleplay to roleplay. And you wouldn't earn any bonuses for roleplaying there. So each topic would be in a different not 'canon' location (or one that hasn't been added to the official rp areas yet). You'd still get ks for rping there and all the normal rules would apply there. I just think this would be perfect for those people that imagine scenes of roleplays in their head for their Evelon characters that don't translate over the Evelon very well. XD;; I mean roleplaying in the normal areas would still be way easier since you wouldn't have to go out of your way to describe a setting or anything, plus you get stat bonuses in the normal roleplay areas. But anyway~ <33 It's 2:20AM?! Even I didn't see that coming. D8;; Anyway, as I was saying it's really late for me so my explainations won't be exactly fantastic at this time of the morning. x3;;

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Kat-Wolf » 01/19/2011 9:05 PM

What about a savannah-like place? You know, grasslands, with the wet season and the dry season and whatnot. Thunderstorms come rarely and hit violently, and the majority of the year, the temperature stays at blistering heat. There are tall grasses that can stretch above a grown man's head and shrubbly little trees sprinkled across the plains. *shurgs* I've always like African places, so... yeah XD
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 235
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/19/2011 10:58 PM

I think there is alread one like that, try out the Vast Plains.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 03/02/2013 2:44 PM

Wow, this hasn't been touched in a long time... Hm...

I was wondering if there would be any chance of expanding the Fe'gan mountain range into a full RP area? I know all the map areas should eventually be RP areas of their own, but Fe'gan has always (at least on my part) just been lumped into the Shrine. Taking a better look at the map, though, you'll see that the Fe'gan range can't be all snowy and terrible; it extends all the way to the border of Wilt'no. Having some non-deadly mountains to play around in would be fun, possibly coupled with the way-long-ago mention of a canyon area. The mountains could be run through with canyons, with the slopes standing high above the sheer walls below. Okay, maybe they aren't "non-deadly," but at least they aren't snow-covered or volcanoes, right?

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Silverin » 03/03/2013 12:35 PM

Yeah I agree with Azura XD its crossed my mind a few times. Its also crossed my mind that we lack a Tundra as well as a Cold icy sea with ice burgs and such. I know its been argued before that it would be close to the mountains but the two of them differ greatly in a number of ways. Permafrost, altitude, day light, plants, and marsh land are just a few ways. I don't think we have any land that is far enough north though xD;;

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby Redd » 03/03/2013 6:05 PM

I also... agree with Azura? Although it the Fe'gan Mountains clashed too closely with Basantha, there are always the Tu'un Mountains, although you would lose the part of having any climate from Frigid Alpine to Cloud Forests to... yeah, hot, dry canyons.

Also, I would think that the bay and inlet where the Yuunu Sea meets the shore line could be an ideal flatland Tundra terrain. Potentially. The Wilt'no might stretch too far north for that to be possible though. I'm all for filling in these gaps though. c:

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 03/03/2013 8:19 PM

Fe'gan doesn't have to clash with Basantha? The mountain range on the map looks huge, unless Fe'gan is just the top part and the other section is some unnamed range. Either that, or they're an extention of the Tuun Mountains. Maybe the distinction between the frozen northern mountains and a more-hospitable-moving-to-desert-canyon southern mountains? I dunno. Ideas.

The bay for the Yuunu Sea might work for the tundra, though I do share the idea that Wilt'no might go too far north. Then again, a tundra is technically a kind of desert and, considering that the Tuun range is supposed to be where the Kodiles come from, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to have a tundra there.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Silverin » 03/17/2013 1:37 PM

Oh those sound good XD I like the idea of using the Yuunu Sea as ice cold waters and the Yuunu shore would be the perfect Tundra.

I don't think the Desert would stretch that far north. Namely because in real life deserts often stop at the mountains. I know there is a gap between the mountain ranges however I have a feeling that between them would be highlands with large flat plateaus or rolling hills. The desert may stretch a little further north from there, however I don't think it would stretch that far north.

There is also that blank flat northern unnamed area of the north next to the Yuunu Sea. No idea whats there though.

Canyons would be interesting since they are really large vast flat plateaus with rivers and deep valleys carved through them. It would be more appropriate to call them Badlands xD.  Canyons, ravines, gullies, hoodoos and other such geological forms are common in badlands. They are often difficult to navigate by foot and often have a spectacular color display that alternates from dark black/blue coal stria to bright clays to red scoria.

XD I always wanted to go to the badlands my self because of how rich in fossils they are.

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/27/2013 10:57 AM

I don't know if this has ever been suggested before, but I'd like to motion that the Fe'gan Mountains be made into a separate RP area from Basantha o3o I have two reasons for this.

1) If an RP is started in Basantha, I always imagine it to actually be occurring within the shrine or just around the shrine and not necessarily in other areas of the mountains.

2) If we accept the above reason, then technically we don't have a proper mountain roleplay area.

The secret 3rd reason is because my Court plot takes place in the mountains and not in the Shrine itself, but shh, you didn't hear that from me >> << >>

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Previous