Have you ever had a suggestion, but you had no idea where to post it? Or have you proposed something, but with time, your suggestion got lost in the Gossip&Chatter limbo? Fear no more; this board is especially for our members, and for all their great suggestions just awaiting to be heard! If you have any suggestions to make, please post in this board!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Suggestions Board

Re: * New Traits

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/27/2010 6:38 PM

Haha, well, mostly, I was thinking 'situation.' As in, any situation it was thrown in, it wouldn't flounder and fail, and at least be able to adapt (Like cooking, fighting, swimming, competitions, etc. even if it wasn't naturally good at any of that. Like a Falleef being a ninja or something.)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Soriana » 07/27/2010 6:40 PM

The more you explain it, the more I like it. Maybe it could be some sort of extension of Terrain Traveler. At the very least, I think it should be restricted. (It kinda sounds too good to be true, if you know what I mean. XD)

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/27/2010 6:43 PM

That is true. I imagine being able to adapt to any given situation it was put in would be too good to be true, so restricted would be a good idea. I just think it would be an interesting trait, because if something like a Draculi had it, and they were thrown into water…well, it’d be able to swim fairly well, even if cats hate water…just as an example.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 07/27/2010 8:30 PM

Why do I keep thinking of these? I think it's all the space in the lists of traits.

Technician- Social- Able to repair or recreate many kinds of small technology
Implemented - Technician

Mechanic- Social- Can build or fix most kinds of vehicles
Implemented - Mechanic

Kinda the same thing, but two separate areas of skill. Fixing a computer and fixing a car are two different things, you know.

EDIT:

Neat Freak- Personality- This pet cannot stand to have its surroundings dirty or unorganized
Implemented - Obsessive-Compulsive

Paranoid- Personality- This creature lives with a feeling that everyone is out to get them
Implemented - Paranoid

See what finally updating all my pets spawns?

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1042
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/27/2010 11:09 PM

Terrain Traveler means that a character's been everywhere so they know what to expect. Hers is just a character has an aptitude for adapting to new lifestyles and places.

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Soriana » 07/27/2010 11:23 PM

I understand that, Ray. What I'm trying to say is that it is, in fact, similar, and that it should be restricted. Also, let me point out that she said any environment, situation, or element.

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/27/2010 11:38 PM

Okay <3

Hey, do we have a trait for multiple-personality disorder? It seems rather common here in Evelon <3

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Soriana » 07/27/2010 11:45 PM

You know, I don't believe we do. The nearest we have are Chaotic Mind and Weak Mind, I think.

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 07/28/2010 3:55 PM

Vice grip- Battle- This creature grabs and crushes its opponent with its pincers

Neurotoxin- Battle//Acid//Restricted- This creature attacks with a poison that destroys its opponent's nervous system.  (-1 Precision to opponent every turn; does not apply to opponents with Poison Immunity)
I like the concept, though personally I'd change it to -X Precision? If you're losing your brain cells, I think I'd lose my mind faster than my muscular strength.
Implemented - Neurotoxin

Heaven's Lance- Battle//Light//Restricted- This creature can attack its opponent with a lance made of blinding light. (+7 Offense)

Fireworks- Battle//Fire- This creature distracts its opponent with a series of small explosions. (-3 to opponent's Precision)
Fireworks really sounds more like fire to me, so I'd just change the type... but that's just me.
Implemented - Razzle Dazzle

Drowsy- Personality- This creature appears to have little to no energy.
Drowsy sounds more like an adjective than a personality trait to me... Drowsy just means you're sleepy, not necessarily that you don't have any energy. I guess just renaming it would be better?
It was meant to be an opposite to Hyper. Maybe Idle would be a better name? I dunno. :/
Implemented - Truant

Prankster- Personality- This creature uses its abilities to cause trouble by moving objects and pulling pranks.
Wouldn't that fit better in Physical? 'Prankster' would be Personality. A Poltergeist is a ghost, but it doesn't have to be a prankster.
Implemented - Prankster

---

Revisions made and comments added. :3

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1042
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 07/28/2010 4:10 PM

Multi-Personality - Social or Personality - This creature has multiple distinct personalities.
Implemented - Multiple Personalities

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 08/18/2010 12:16 PM

Stat: Infamy- The exact opposite of fame.
I don't think we need this, since you can just pretend that your Fame stat is infamy if you want. :3 <- If that is the case, than bring the Darkness stat back.  :yay:

Passive Traits: Glutton-Social//Restricted-This creature never seems to have had enough to eat. Restricted because I don't want Evelon to be populated by morbidly obesce pets. XD
Implemented - Glutton

Diet: Infernavore- This creature feeds on fire and lava.
Implemented - Pyrovore
SoulStar wrote:"My character can fly, never die, kill anyone, get any girl, has laser vision, and do anything. Oh yeah, and he can cook."

And worst of all, he could be in this very comment-box, he could be the top comment, he could be my comment, he could even be - *0 characters remaining*
sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 39
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/25/2010 5:32 PM

Just things I noticed when I was giving out Traits.

Royal Authority - Social//Restricted - This pet comes from a royal bloodline and has the authority of a King or Queen.
Implemented - Royal Authority

State Chief - Social//Restricted - This pet has a fairly good authority, and they are a leader to a big institution, such as a university or a company.
Implemented - Corporate Chief

Public Leader - Social - This pet has a commanding aura, and they were born with strong leadership to command their own gang.
Implemented - Public Leader

^ To get a good idea of which ruler you want. Ruler just says they're a leader of some sort, but the word really indicates royalty more than anything.

---

Heavenly Grace - Social//Shrine - This pet has earned the Gods' approval and has been bestowed powers beyond a human's control.
Implemented - Ascendant

Almighty Heritage - Social//Restricted - This pet was born as a God or a Goddess possessing powers beyond a human's control and understanding.
Implemented - Ascended Heritage

Celestial Heritage - Social - This pet is a heavenly being, such as an angel, and they are not considered human at all.
Implemented - Celestial Heritage

Celestial Curse - Social - This pet is a demonic being, such as a demon, and they are not considered human at all.
Implemented - Infernal Heritage

Celestial Heritage says the pet is a descendant to a heavenly being. I would've taken it as fancy wording, but the 'being' really makes me believe that the pet has to have Godly parents, which kinda defeats the point of the Trait... So here's a few Traits. I put Celestial Heritage and Celestial Curse as unrestricted because... really. Have you seen how many angels/demons are roaming around the Lands? -w- It's ridiculous to restrict something so incredibly common.

Go Ethereal - Battle//Restricted - This pet can turn into a translucent, untouchable being. (Can only be hit by pets with Spectral Strike or Go Ethereal; must announce use - lasts one turn per five levels; pets level 4- get one turn.)
Implemented - Go Ethereal

I don't know, just a rewording. 'Going ethereal' is just kinda vague and general to me; Go Ethereal was always a vision of a ghost sort of form, not being invisible, and some people ask for it because that's what they're looking for. So this is also because I have another Trait to suggest in relation to it.

Undetectable - Physical//Restricted - This pet can become invisible to the naked eye and conceal their presence to others.
Implemented - Undetectable

I'm putting it as a Passive Trait because... I don't know, we already have Go Ethereal to protect from damage. Undetectable would be redundant. It's also because I feel like it's a bit more of a Passive than a Battle Trait. Go Ethereal also gives me the feeling you can still see the opponent, while Undetectable would be completely invisible and undetectable; which fits more the Passive list, to me.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 08/29/2010 3:35 PM

Shrewdberry wrote:
---

Celestial Heritage - Social - This pet is a heavenly being, such as an angel, and they are not considered human at all.

Celestial Curse - Social - This pet is a demonic being, such as a demon, and they are not considered human at all.

Can I use Celestial Curse? Because a few of my characters are demons. :oops:
SoulStar wrote:"My character can fly, never die, kill anyone, get any girl, has laser vision, and do anything. Oh yeah, and he can cook."

And worst of all, he could be in this very comment-box, he could be the top comment, he could be my comment, he could even be - *0 characters remaining*
sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/29/2010 3:44 PM

Until they are officially accepted, no. These are suggestions only and might not be accepted by Kodai.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby sectoid12 » 08/29/2010 8:05 PM

Ocean Dweller- Acclimation-This creature live in a salt water environment.
Implemented - Ocean Dweller
Lake Dweller- Acclimation-This creature can live and traverse a fresh water environment.
Implemented - Lake Dweller
Flexible-Physical-This creature can contort itself into positions that would be impossible for others to do.
Implemented - Contortionist

sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext