Have you ever had a suggestion, but you had no idea where to post it? Or have you proposed something, but with time, your suggestion got lost in the Gossip&Chatter limbo? Fear no more; this board is especially for our members, and for all their great suggestions just awaiting to be heard! If you have any suggestions to make, please post in this board!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Suggestions Board

Re: * New Pet Animal Bases

Postby Moofius » 06/16/2013 2:37 AM

I'm not a big fan of mechanical pets overall, cause it's like... If your character is a robot or something then that's your character and you can use whatever pet you want. And knights, too, are like... a character not a pet. That's my opinnion though so I dunno.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/16/2013 2:46 AM

We can't buy armor/weapons for addons, tho. :<

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 06/16/2013 3:21 AM

Feint wrote:We can't buy armor/weapons for addons, tho. :<

That's not true. You can order armor and/or weapons as add-ons if you're willing to shell out the money for them. People have customs/pets planned with armor add-ons, and I've drawn weapons for Millie before. o 3o
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/16/2013 11:45 PM

Shrewdberry wrote:
Feint wrote:We can't buy armor/weapons for addons, tho. :<

That's not true. You can order armor and/or weapons as add-ons if you're willing to shell out the money for them. People have customs/pets planned with armor add-ons, and I've drawn weapons for Millie before. o 3o

WELL THEN LET ME GET MY NICKLES 8D

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/17/2013 12:03 AM

How about people wait for the war to happen before wanting new species? I mean, it's alright to want stuff I guess (I would like to see female Nagis and Rooskens, too), but new species always come out during the war. Last time, we got the Shimin, Werebetta, Evren, and a few others. Who knows what might come from this one? Except the artists, that is.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/17/2013 11:20 PM

Well nows a good time then to suggest the things we want to see? I think this thread is open all the time for suggestions. And suggestions always come in around the time of big events so, makes sense to see more coming in, right? And to see the newer members and current members making suggestions is good too, right?
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/18/2013 2:45 PM

I think we need a chihuahua.

Everyone needs a chihuahua for battle.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 12/14/2014 3:37 AM

I am the thread necromancer! >8D

Some species I would like to see that are not easily edited from the bases we already have. If you've already suggested this, then I'm just adding support to the idea.

leafy seahorses
owl
buffalo/antelope hybrid

Also, I'd like to see a new category of plant/animal hybrids
plantlike in that they are tied to a place by their roots
roots extend for the entire area of their territory
some are opportunistic (grow like ivy/vines and snatch prey as it passes by or lures prey like a pitcher plant) or scavengers (fungi, absorbs all dead matter in it's area)
animal like in appearance only or in small ways
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 12/14/2014 6:59 PM

I'm adding on more support to the owl idea. The closest we have is the Snowlight Matches, and even that's more in pattern than anything.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 12/14/2014 7:06 PM

Since this thread is picking back up again, I'm just going to throw the suggestion out there for a duck/goose pet. We need more birdy friends, yes. Ducks are love.

EDIT: Actually, I don't know if these have been suggested already, but I'm just going to throw these out here as well:

Alpaca
Armadillo
Axolotl
Tapir
Komondor Dog
Gobi Jerboa
Hedgehog

I am the alpaca queen. Alpacas requested. :'l

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/14/2014 7:11 PM

Seconding owl, plant/animal hybrids, and ducks. *w*

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Azura Rayume » 12/14/2014 8:50 PM

Stingrays. Just stingrays. That is all.

But also a yes on plant-imals and owls.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Silverin » 12/15/2014 12:45 PM

We should likely make an over all list of what was suggested.
(me personally wants more marine animals, like rays, sharks, whales, dolphins... plants would be neat too see as well. For plants we really only have Leawolves and their evolutions, those rabbits, palmies, Holeef, their evolution and Evergreens none of which save for the leawolves really appeal to me xD;; (and no the bandol does not count they are kinda hard to get a feel for at least to me they are. I actually thought they were a pig with fins when I first joined... :l;;)

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby Saahs » 12/15/2014 2:10 PM

I'm with Silv on the marine and floral-based pets. As well as bird and reptilian pets. ... And insectoid pets... Erm. I'll come back with actual helpful suggestions after I have something to eat. :|
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/26/2014 4:51 PM

Gonna shimmy in here and dump a bunch of neat urban legend ideas on y'all.

Hakutaku / Bai Ze - Basically a large Chinese beast that knows literally everything, as I understand it? There's a lot of neat imagery of these if you do a quick google search.

Jersey Devil - "The creature is often described as a flying biped with hooves, but there are many different variations. The common description is that of a kangaroo-like creature with the head of a goat, leathery bat-like wings, horns, small arms with clawed hands, cloven hooves and a forked tail. It has been reported to move quickly and often is described as emitting a 'blood-curdling scream,'" says Wikipedia. Also lots of nice art on the internets.

Malora - headless equine thing, possibly mule, embodiment of a witch's lust? Idk I just like non-gory headless things and I like horses, eheheh.

Kelpie - beautiful horse that lives in the swamp, sometimes turns into a hot guy to lure people in, actually a freaky half horse half fishy thing that drags people down into the swamp and eats them. Gotta love it.

Manticore - I'm surprised we have no manticore pets yet! There's a lot you can do with these. Multiple different creatures on one body, lots of possibilities. Scorpion dragon lions I guess, ohoho.

Nguruvilu - literally "fox snake," the article says "Nguruvilus live in and are the cause of dangerous whirlpools which kill people who try to cross rivers. They make the water shallow on either ford, to encourage people to try to cross it making it seem safe. However, the only safe way of crossing a river with a Nguruvilu is by boat." Unsure if this is what Sea Borks are based off of? If so, ignore this one eheh.

Tatzelwurm - Front half of the body is that of a cat, back half is a snake. Freakyyyy. Alternatively, if the cat bit turns you off, you have Lindworms, which is all dragon/snake.

Peluda - Porcupine dragon, basically? "Depending on the account, it had either an ox-sized porcupine-like body or a mess of green hair-like projections hanging from its body that were actually stinger-tipped tentacles which could erect into quills and have these poisonous stingers that it could also shoot off its body, a snake's scaly neck, head, and tail, large, tortoise-like feet, and a green color."

Crocotta - This one is pretty odd; it's essentially a dog/wolf thing with some deer parts to it and a really wide mouth with bone ridges instead of teeth. "Crocotta has the ability to imitate the voices of men to lure prey and described as having amazing strength, be as brave as a lion, as swift as a horse, and as strong as a bull and they cannot be overcome by any weapon of steel."

Catoblepas - Ugh this one gives me the creeps. We don't have many cow/bovine like pets, so this one might be neat; "said to have the body of a buffalo and the head of a wild boar. Its back has scales that protect the beast, and its head is always pointing downwards due to its head being heavy. It's stare or breath could either turn people into stone, or kill them." Plus that long-ass neck is just. Terrifying.

Hydra - Multi headed dragon, nuff said.

Qilin/Kirin - One of my favorite mythical creatures. I'd suggest you read the article because it's a good deal of information, haha.

Cerberus - Again, multi headed hell doge. Fun stuff.

Pixiu - Winged lion that wards off evil. o vo Might be a neat Hunter alternate form, if anything.

Ittan-momen - One thing we're really lacking is some inanimate object based pets. We have Tatterdems, and to some extend the -leef Evolutions, so this would be a neat one. Basically it's a long strip of cloth that can wrap around people and smother them. So cloth snake? To be honest I love the idea of either origami creatures or cloth based creatures, like the NPC creatures in the game Journey, if you'd like to look those up.

Bake-kujira - Ghoooost whaaaaale. Basically it's see-through, except for its skeleton. Ghostly pets are nice. uvu

Sphinx - Y'all know this one. Body of a lion, head of a person/personlike thing, tells riddles, ayy. Could make for some fun designs; of course on all of these since I know human features on pets are strange, with the exception of Quiksylves, so the human parts could be severely stylized.

Bahamut - GIANT whale/fish creature with the head of an elephant or boar. Basically whale with tusks that's like, really frickin huge and spooky.

Aqrabuamelu/"Scorpion Man" - Warriors with the bodies of scorpions and the torsos of humans/what have you. Basically scorpion-taurs. I love desert themed things and I think a scorpion pet besides that one we have that's like, mostly spider/mantis would be cool.

Wendigo - Could be a fun experiment pet; bipedal deerlike yeti creature that eats people and lurks in forests.

Ogopogo - Essentially Nessie! Surprised we don't have any loch ness based pets, or plesiosaurus or whatever you call them.

Ahuizotl - Funnily I think these animals were recently popularized by MLP or something like that but heyy these are super neat. Kind of a strange Aztec dog monkey creature with a hand on its tail. Here's a nice example by deadrabbit13 on deviantart.

Wondjina - These really really give me the creeps. Maybe it's the eyes. Anyway I figured it might be neat to have some kind of pet based off of cave paintings or ancient art? These are creatures that deliver monsoons. Cloud/rain spirits, kinda humanoid but that can be altered.

AND it's not a mythical creature (though it is certainly very heavily involved in New Zealand's legends), I would love a pet based off of a Kiwi Bird. They're just my favorite things, and they're so darned cute. ;v;

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

PreviousNext