Have you ever had a suggestion, but you had no idea where to post it? Or have you proposed something, but with time, your suggestion got lost in the Gossip&Chatter limbo? Fear no more; this board is especially for our members, and for all their great suggestions just awaiting to be heard! If you have any suggestions to make, please post in this board!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Suggestions Board

Re: .:User-Hosted Events!:.

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/31/2012 6:00 PM

Theme: Monster Hunt

Idea: This will be a roleplay-based event, in that it is said that there is a monster on the loose that terrorizes local citizens. Said citizens call in monster hunters, explorers, whomever, to help adventure out and capture/dispose of the beast. Obviously, those that actually manage to do so are rewarded~ The "hunters," as I will call them for now, form small groups of two-four (two or three roleplayers), to roleplay with specifically to go about their searching for the beast. Meanwhile, some unusual things can happen, since they will be out in the wilderness, such as running into other pets.

Requirements From You: 500 (or so) KS to be either given out through the event or used kind of like, "Participation" prizes. One rare retro pet, maybe a few common ones? Custom pet that is the "monster," that will be awarded to one of the participants in the end.

{Event Funded}

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/01/2012 5:54 PM

Theme: Evelon Secret Santa 2012

Idea: It's the Evelon Secret Santa! Still kicking after six years at it! This is a smaller event than last year's, with only the main SS event going on... or is it?! Well, actually, yeah, it is. But! There's also going to be an "Activity contest" similar to the "Evelon Scavenger Hunt" Baal did earlier in the year. Although far shorter in length (I'm thinking maybe 10 activities, instead of 55), it'll be a fun little holiday thing to do. Activities will include a bit of writing, a bit of drawing, a few games (like a crossword puzzle and some trivia), and for the final, "big" event, a cooking "contest" where your task is to make a holiday treat and take pictures of your creation.

Requirements from You: [/u] KS, to be given to people who complete the events. And, like last year, a special pet to be given to people who do all 10 activities as a prize for completing it. I don't ask for the KS to be given to me, just to be given to the people who do the holiday fun stuff. (I'll take care of all the counting and just message someone appropriate if possible with all the numbers.) Same thing with keeping track of who gets the pets.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/05/2012 1:04 AM

Theme: Holiday Secret Gift Exchange (Lucain Themed)

Idea: In a previous holiday season, I hosted a Kuhna Gift Exchange that played out similar to a White Elephant Exchange. Each participant must secretly offer up a pet in order to enter and, in this case, that would be a restriction-less Lucain. Then I would assign each pet a number, and make up a gift box description based on the pet assigned to that number. The list of participants is randomized and, on down the line, that person gets to pick a number (an unknown pet), or pick a number and then exchange that number with a different user. In the end, everyone gets a prize!

Requirements From You: While I have my own Lucain to give up for the event, I think it would be really amazing to be able to give away a custom Lucain slot or even just a random Lucain slot. If a custom or random slot would be permitted, then (because I also intend to enter one of my own Lucain) the one number that remains would then be given away to one of the participants by a random draw. This slot would also be guaranteed to go to a user other than myself.

{Event Funded}

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silverin » 04/07/2014 2:38 PM

Days of the year Calender

This is cool maybe you guys might find it helpful to figure out your own user-hosted events c:

Talk to other people as well about possible user events and get them on board so that you have a brain storm team to help you think up all kinds of goodies. c:

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/11/2014 7:25 PM

Theme: Dungeons and Dragons Style Adventure RP Extravaganza! (Puzzles and Paragons, perhaps?)

Idea: If you've ever played Dungeons and Dragons, it's gonna work something like that! People will roleplay (at least 5 sentences) their pet's actions and propose an action they want to do at the bottom of the post, or bold their desired action, and I will roll a dice that determines if they were successful or not. This is also how battle will work, but it will work a bit differently than the tournament system. Instead of relying on pet stats, it will simply rely on two dice; one for attacking and one for defending. This makes it fair for everyone regardless of high level or low level! During the adventure, RPers can find treasure chests, solve puzzles, and fight opponents and bosses. I will be the dungeon master, aka the person who designs the dungeons, RPs as the opponents and bosses, and also generally RPs the effects of players' actions. If you recall that one haunted house mass RP that went on some years ago, my role will work something like that. Now, a few extra tidbits of information!

- Three separate dungeons in three separate RP areas, one small, one larger, and one very large. They will be easy, medium, and difficult, respectively.

- Strict posting order enforced. If someone does not reply within exactly three days from when the last person posted, unless that person PMs me that they will be absent and would like me to hold their turn, the next person can skip them and go on.

- If a pet "dies" while in the dungeon, the person cannot use that pet for any more dungeoneering or any other dungeons. In other words, they'll be kicked out of the dungeon, but they get to keep any items they found! Also, only one pet per person per dungeon. So you can have a total of three pets dungeoneering, but one in each dungeon.

- A rudimentary map of the dungeon will be updated every post I make, with numbered new rooms and objects added on as they are discovered. This will help everyone keep track of what's going on, and will help if anyone needs to retrace their steps if a dead end is hit.

Requirements From You: This is kind of a lot so I'm going to break it down into bullet points!

- A total of three custom pets to serve as dungeon bosses, and by extension serve as prizes for whoever strikes the final blow. There will be one for the easy dungeon, one for the medium dungeon, and one for the difficult dungeon. Designs and species of pets will be discussed with whoever funds the project!

- A threshold of around 1000 KS, which will cover treasure found in treasure chests, as well as rewards for helping fight the bosses and rogue pets in the dungeon. Any KS leftover after the event is over can be subtracted from me. If more KS is needed (as in, if an unexpectedly large number of people join this) then I might have to request more, but as said before, all leftover borrowed KS will be returned afterwards.

- A handful of what are basically like grab bags from the Birthday Boutique. These will be much rarer than the keystone drops, but will very occasionally be found in treasure chests. The grab bags only cover Easer pets, Christmas pets, Halloween pets, and the generation Kuhna one. Like I said these will be very rare, but I think a total of two of each kind for me to hide in the treasure chests would be plenty.

- A small threshold of GT, perhaps about 20 for rare treasure chest finds

- Options for the treasure chests (will be decided using a RNG on a 1/100 dice roll with 1-50 being KS, 50-75 being Empty, 75-90 being one GT, and 90-100 being a grab bag):
1) An amount of KS between 20-50 (very common)
2) One GT (rare)
3) A grab bag (very rare)
4) Empty (common)

In addition if any mod who chooses to fund me thinks that any of the above prizes should differ in any way or be lessened, please say so and I will be happy to alter things! Also, any additional details or information is available upon asking; I just thought this post was getting way too long, haha.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Azura Rayume » 09/11/2014 8:47 PM

Posting to say two things:
- I want this event super bad.
- If this event happens, I wouldn't mind hosting a similar one or helping Zap out if needed. I've DM'd before, so coming up with an Evelon-themed campaign could be fun.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/12/2014 3:08 AM

Theme: It's a Fabulous Party with Prizes (Roleplay raffle)

Idea: The main idea is that various users, whomever is interested, join a roleplay thread that has a pretty simple theme - it's a grand party and everyone across all of Evelon is invited. (I imagine it a post as you will sort of thing, to keep things from slowing down. No posting order.) Every user that participates is automatically allotted one raffle ticket. Every so many posts that they roleplay (let's say increments of five, for example) they earn another ticket. Then, at some set end date, the prizes are raffled off to those that participated.

The whole idea is that, while it would be a very simple event, it would encourage users to roleplay and possibly get to use or flesh out characters that they may not have otherwise touched. While getting the opportunity to expand their breeding possibilities, since just about all Evelonians love getting to do that. It would probably run for a few weeks to a month, depending on activity, just to be safe.

Requirements From You: Over all, I'm pretty open to prize ideas that anyone interested in funding it may happen to have. Otherwise, here are my thoughts:

+ A breeding room key, ideally, of the winner's choosing. (Kuhna, Lucain, Paragon or Soveris)
+ Generative Draught and/or Emission Liquor.
+ Elder Kuhna
+ A few random generation Kuhnas. (Here, I was thinking we could actually rehome some of the generation Kuhnas that belonged to users that have had their accounts banned/deleted.)
+ Depending on the number of participants, perhaps some amount of KS to be distributed and/or a random custom?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/09/2015 6:07 PM

Theme:
Demon King Assassination

Idea:
A little bit like Zap's, you are roleplaying as people around a table basically playing a board game where you control a character.

The Demon King was attacked, but escaped with large injuries. You have been contracted by the King to find him before he regains his power in 2 days. He has been cornered in-between 3 Towns, guards outside these towns prevent his escape. The Demon King is very versatile, and the only distinguishing mark is his Black Eyes and that his is injured by a slice across his chest and a cut on his right arm. Find him and kill him.

The towns are roughly an hour away from each other, and you have 30 hours of time to find him, roughly 15 hours per day where the rest of the day is spent sleeping because it is too dark to look for him, so from 5 am to 8 pm. Each turn that someone takes is considered an hour. Assassins are given an unlimited supply of money in these towns and can buy anything they want. They are not supposed to give off that they are hired by the king/are assassins, as it will scare the king away. There is a 20% chance that something might happen to a player at night (Hints).

Each player Rp’s like they are sitting around a table, playing a roleplaying tabletop game. They are controlling the assassins and information that one person gets, another cannot. Each person has 3 chances to kill the king, if they kill 3 innocents, they lose.

There will be rules in place to see who goes in what order and movement of the king is determined before the game starts by the person hosting the event. a 20 sided dice will be rolled to determine the outcome of events, much like in a real board game. The dice is rolled upon the completion of an action, and combat is determined by 3 separate rolls of a 20 sided dice. The person in charge of the event can directly control events that happen to the characters on the board (not the actual pets in the post). So the game master will dictate any injuries, how their conversations go, what information they get, and if combat is successful. Players choose from a variety of items at the beginning of the game, other than that the players get a cloak, map, and leather armor, and gold to pay for anything they may buy from shops.

Each Town is similar in that they each have a Blacksmith, a Central Courtyard, a Mayor's House/ Town Hall, A Back-ally Pub, an Inn, Stables. I will draw a map for people to get a visual reference. The towns are situated in a triangular pattern so that each town connects to the next, players may not leave these towns and all actions will take place in these towns.

If the Demon King is not caught in the time allotted, nothing is given out. If they do find him, the person who catches him will receive either a sum of Keystones or a custom pet.

The way it will be set up will be 4 people plus the Game Master. There can be multiple games going on but each will be different in the pattern that the King takes, really it depends on how many people want to sign up. A person can only be in one game at a time, no double dipping. This could also be an ongoing event for a while if it is well liked.

Requirements From You:
+Perhaps a Custom Baal Dragony
+KS to the winner.
+Maybe a little bit of GT for the winner.
+Possibly some forum pets if the Custom is too much.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/26/2015 12:47 AM

Theme:
Chaos Plane Egg Hunt! (Like a Regular Egg Hunt, But Scary)

Idea:
Way back in the day Zed put up a large circus tent and invited pets to try and find a Mr. Wilson to befriend and take home. Inside the tent was a fairly chaotic and crazy world! Zed would like to do a similar thing, but with higher stakes both in terms of reward and... bodily harm?

Zed travelled to the Chaos realm and collected himself a mess of Mystery Eggs, he thought they were abandoned after all, and he wouldn't want the babies to die! ( In reality he pilfered them right out from Einsor's nose because he was told it was impossible to do) Well they weren't left there for no reason. A group was looking to eat them ( Or the lab wants its super valuable assets back, same thing though, right?) and they might also be in this tent. Zed's made it as safe as possible for the eggs... but maybe not for the average joe looking to take them out. With such scary monsters in there looking to eat the eggs, there are some even scarier defense mechanisms too, or confusing puzzles.

But if you're willing to get in there and risk your neck, if you find an egg (and don't eat it right away) you should be able to leave without setting off the scarier traps. Getting out is easy peasy, getting in and finding the egg, less so.

Zed cannot guarantee that you won't get jumped by a giant mostly-lizard monster looking to eat the egg... and you. Nor can he entirely guarantee you'll be safe after leaving the tent but, well, life is unpredictable that way, right?

A Map of the insane inside of the tent will be made, with areas of interest marked on the map. Each larger section will contain perhaps three areas and in each section a randomized area will have an egg. If a user goes to explore the correct area in a section they'll meet with some sort of obstacle which will they can either make it through successfully, or not, based on a roll of a dice/many die (depending on their RPed actions and other variables that can occur through RP).

If they are in the wrong section of the map they will be informed that there is a booby prize there that they can take without challenge, or they can continue to another area in the tent. They can continue searching the tent until they claim a prize.

This is risky though because there will be a pre rolled, unknown, "counter" for each participant. For each post they make their counter will roll down, and when it hits zero they will be faced with a VERY SCARY LIZARD BEAST.

The VERY SCARY LIZARD BEAST will chase them out of the tent, whether or not they get a prize (the beast will not steal/break/kill any claimed prize though). Everyone will have a minimum number of posts though (nobody is going to get only one that's no fair). If you are chased out of the tent without a single prize you can re-enter the event though.

Requirements From You:
Anywhere between 10-15 Mystery Eggs to give out to people. I'd also like to be able to give out a few "booby" prizes; 1 type of each kind of room key, Maybe 1000ks (to be given out in maybe 250ks and 100ks groupings).
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 01/22/2016 5:08 PM

Theme: Summerween (aiming for June probably)

Idea:
Three events over the course of four weeks mid-summer. Event 1 runs all four weeks, Event 2 runs three, Event 3 runs two, and the last week is mostly a wrap-up one. Prizes given on the last day of the month.

There isn't a whole lot that happens during the summer, so there's this idea, yes.

Event 1 - Item Hunt
 - Each participant gives the Perception of one participating pet
 - Search areas of the festival for a Summerween goodie bag- success based on dice roll
 - Hunt prize also determined by a roll. You are given an option to put the first prize bag down and find a second, but you have to keep the second.
 - Multiple pets can be used, but Perception is determined by one pet of the user's choosing. Multiple pets does not up your chances
 - You may continue to RP without finding anything else- from then on, you're enjoying the festival.

Event 2 - Trick-or-Treat Scavenger Hunt
 - "Vendor" NPCs have been given puzzle pieces - 2 vendors/piece
 - Participants visit vendors to get pieces
 - First to have all pieces together wins the "big prize;" everyone gets a prize, though.
 - Some vendors DO give the same piece. If you get doubles, keep trying.

Event 3 - Costume Contest
 - Art contest - draw your pet in a costume!
 - It can be anything - regular Halloween, something summer, cosplay, whatever you want!
 - Not sure if it would be better to actually judge contest or do a random drawing - open to suggestions here

Requirements From You:
- "Big Prize" for each contest (I actually have a few Summer/Halloween customs planned that I would like to use for this bit. The .psds are already done, so all a mod would have to do is add the shading)
- Small prizes for things (Halloween/summery retired pets, tropical/fall Kuhnas, KS, etc.) This is a great time to rehome any pets that fit this description left around from "dead" accounts.
- Hopefully a participation prize. I was originally thinking maybe a Candy Mummy Kuhna (Mummy Kuhna but the bandages are like those Airheads sour strip candy things), but I'm open to a lot of ideas for that bit. This one is also optional since I'm pretty sure there won't be anybody who goes home empty handed in the first place.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Previous