Have you ever had a suggestion, but you had no idea where to post it? Or have you proposed something, but with time, your suggestion got lost in the Gossip&Chatter limbo? Fear no more; this board is especially for our members, and for all their great suggestions just awaiting to be heard! If you have any suggestions to make, please post in this board!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Suggestions Board

.:User-Hosted Events!:.

Postby BaalsBaby » 07/09/2011 7:35 PM

~**~

Okay. So none of these ideas should be considered canon or 'official' events for Evelon, but rather as fun events that users will be hosting. And why would you pitch them here? Because! If we like your idea enough, myself or the Mods might just 'sponsor' your idea and you can just go on ahead and host your event! To pitch your idea here, please use the following format.

Code: Select all
[u]Theme:[/u]

[u]Idea:[/u]

[u]Requirements From You:[/u]

Example:

Theme: Volcano (This is the basic idea for the whole event.)

Idea: A band of pets must unite and go slay the fire demon lord that sleeps within the bowels of the most active volcano! D8 (This is the bulk of the idea and what you plan on doing with the event. If parts of the event are meant to be kept secret, just try to sell us the gist of the idea. Remember, you're trying to sell us an idea we could make stuff for!)

Requirements From You: Custom Magma Creeper with blue fiery parts. A Malice Wyrm custom for the main prize. A certain custom in secret as well! 500 KS to be given out throughout the event. (This is what you'll need from us for your event. Everything that will be needed throughout the entirety of the event should be listed here. IF you require something in secret, listed that you need a secret item and IF we decide to sponsor your event, you can PM the Mod(s) responsible for sponsoring your event. Remember, the more interesting/unique your event is, and the less prizes it requires makes it more probable to be chosen in comparison to an event that needs like... 50 unique customs. xD; )

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pets | Items
Keystones: 987
Donate

Re: .:User-Hosted Events!:.

Postby Freezair » 07/09/2011 8:25 PM

Ooooh! Question! :D Do the pets we request (if we request them) have to stay customs, or can they be "giveaways" like the Leplora and birthday pets? Or would that be too complicated? Because... I already host the Secret Santa every year (I like my schtick), but I've had some... ideas for it that involve a few pet giveaways. Partially for my helpers, and partially for my participants.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/09/2011 9:09 PM

Theme: Town of Nabias

Idea: There is a gruesome murder that has taken place in the sleepy Town of Nabias. The citizens are too afraid to investigate for the murderer has yet to be found and is suspected to be still in the area. For a band of unfortunate visitors, it is asked that they help investigate the murders and find the person responsible. There is a list of suspects but there is no evidence to back any of them up on being the culprit. It is up to them to find out who is causing these heinous crimes and put an end to it.

"I will be taking up the role of the murderer, and you will have to use your own detective skills to figure out who the murderer is. This can be quite the violent plot because hey, it's a murder. XD Various murders can take place in the time of the RP, (think Jack the Ripper style) some hints will be dropped, and plot twists will happen. Use your best judgement!"

Requirements From You: A secret custom, and 650ks as a prize. Who knows, maybe even an item will be given out as a trinket from the murderer itself.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Kylo » 07/17/2011 2:27 PM

Theme:Samhain

Idea: A false god going by the name Samhain, which is the old celtic celebration of harvest, has come to Evelon under the guise of a host of a Halloween party while searching for sacrifices to be made to gain himself more power. The poor guests will have to stop the crazed being from taking over Halloween and from turning them into his victems. I will be roleplaying Samhain and several other minor characters. It's a scary adventure type game. I plan to have it take place either in late October or early November to stick to the general time period of the old celebration of Samhain.

Requirements From You: A Samhain themed custom of some kind. Think Celtic knots and harvest.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Postby why » 07/23/2011 10:18 PM

Oh, I was planning on making this just a very long RP, but it'd work better as an event.

Theme: A QUEST! :0

Idea: So: A young boy from a small village is kidnapped by a terrible monster because of his amazing ability to heal. The monster's master, a villain of some sort, wants to corrupt the boy using terrible villain-powers of some sort and train him until his healing powers are strong enough to fend off death, thereby making him, the villain, and the minions immortal. Then he'd take over the world with the boy, and so on, and so on. It falls on the shoulders of the Evelonians to rescue the boy before it's too late.
Pretty much, people can create groups (or go solo, I suppose, if they were feeling daring) to try and get to the villain's lair. They'd have to go through all of the areas in Evelon, getting through obstacles like mazes and fending off monsters (think something like the Zelda games- solve puzzles, fight things, and get to the boss at the end). I was thinking they'd start in Nabias and end in Lya Point Cathedral or Basantha Shrine. The monsters and puzzles would get progressively harder the closer you get to the end. Every time they beat a boss, they'd get a 'clue' where the villain is, allowing them to get to the next area. When they beat an area, they might get some sort of prize like a custom (like the undead kuhnas or whatever you could get a few years ago...unique to the event, but not to the person, if that makes sense?) or KS.
The first three or so teams to get to the end and beat the villain get the final prize, something super-cool like a custom and lots of KS.
Each boss would be themed depending on where they are (e.g. the Dead Coast would have a sea monster, cities might have someone who tricks the team so you don't have monsters destroying the city, unless you're okay with that).
To get through all of the areas, teams would have to work together, having both battlers and thinkers on a team.

Requirements From You: I suppose some custom monsters would be nice, although you could just have some of the scarier site pets fill in. A custom for the young boy might be good, too, although I was planning on just making him a Hydrokuhna or something simple. But what's definitely needed is a custom for the villain, a few special event pets to give out, a special end prize for those who beat the villain, and a good chunk of KS to give out as well.

Hopefully all that made sense. :D;;
why
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 44
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/23/2011 10:34 PM

Freezair wrote:Ooooh! Question! :D Do the pets we request (if we request them) have to stay customs, or can they be "giveaways" like the Leplora and birthday pets? Or would that be too complicated? Because... I already host the Secret Santa every year (I like my schtick), but I've had some... ideas for it that involve a few pet giveaways. Partially for my helpers, and partially for my participants.

Just wanted to post saying that it is fine to ask for any sort of retired(seasonal, special, ect) pets. Those are actually easier for us to give out to begin with and thus easier to help your event. Even asking for a certain type of coloration would be fine instead of a custom. For example "Since my plot has to do with celestial beings, I would love if there were a few pets I could give out fitting that theme. Maybe a star pelted Seraphent or Kitrell with celestial markings."

Kinda like asking for your own special "plot related" pet to give out to multiple people.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/23/2011 10:41 PM

...The second one is more what I was asking. XD Like, for example, what I was thinking was having a free pet with a unique coloration that could be given out to Secret Santa participants. Like, for example, "I'd like an Anala that's red and green to give out to SS participants!" That sort of thing (though I wasn't actually thinking Anala). But hey, if that's doable, that's... really cool. :D

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/23/2011 10:55 PM

Yup. That'd definitely be allowed. =3 It'd be a lot easier on us than making each SS helper a custom after all. XD
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 07/24/2011 1:53 AM

Since it never went anywhere in the other thread I posted in... I feel kinda bad asking for these things since there's kinda a lot. Please don't hit me. >D<;

Theme: Pirates/Adventure

Idea: For many years, people have told stories of a mysterious island off the coast of Jawan, supposedly something of a lost continent. Tales such as these always come with the myth of treasure. Most people never gave much thought to bedtime stories about lost islands, but when just suck an island appeared during a lunar eclipse, suddenly there was a rush of people of all sorts to reach the island and discover its secrets... and its treasure.

Basically you've got some pirates, some explorers, and some magical statues causing some havoc on a wonderful magic island. It was originally meant to be a huge, HUGE plot and it kinda is still in my head. The statues would be mostly responsible for traps on the way to the treasure and would be controlled by me. It's a race to the center of the ruins- dodging traps, animated statues, and the occasional encounter with the natives- for riches, fame, and glory!

Requirements From You: I feel bad for asking so much, but it's kinda big.
1. A pirate captain. The pet doesn't matter, but he should be something scruffy of your own design.
2. An explorer. Similar to the above, the pet is of no consequence; just something dignified.
3. Pets that can be given away in any of the following colors. The "ruins" colors will also be used to hinder the participants and could/would be awarded as prizes for those who dodge the obstacles presented.
COLORS wrote:Ruin :: A recolor of the Clockwork pets (if the PSDs are different for those and the mods have them). They look like they're made of bronze with black, rust, and dark brown accents. They're meant to look earthy and old, but like they could still work. Any part on the Clockwork pet that looked like a green gem (I'm thinking of the Yonyuu specifically) would be either red or orange. Maybe even do a Mekka or a Khimera like this.

Island :: Bright, bubbly and cheerful, the Island pets are light shades of blues, greens, and browns. They all have a "tribal" feel to them, and have markings that resemble tribal tattoos (Ex. 1; Ex2.).

Raider :: Gold, brown, and white are the main colors of the Raiders. They all sport a dark brown "jacket" marking over a base of white with gold paws and circles meant to resemble coins on their hips and shoulders. All in all, a very greedy bunch who are often associated with pirates and pickpockets.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1007
Donate

Postby Firetra » 08/10/2011 10:59 PM

Theme: Tundra Survival

Idea: Pets must survive on the barren wasteland of the tundra (or the Fe'gan Mountains if needed). With limited resources such as a 5 ft by 5 ft piece of cloth and a pair of semi dry sticks, they must make camp and survive from events such as hypothermia and raging snowstorms. They must survive until the rescue team finds them. (Determined by a roll every 5 posts. The chance will be slim to none as there will be a small range on which they land on. This part starts only after the first 10 posts.)

The first 3 groups that handled the situation best will be given a prize.
Can only have groups of 2 or go solo.
Can only be in one group
The prizes will be announced once all the people are out of the tundra and the mod's and I can discuss who we thought handled it best.
There will only be 8 slots available (or more if you like.)

Requirements from You:
1) A type of tundra guide that sends the pets off with random supplies. Any pet will do here.
2) One or two pets that will act as search and rescue people.
3) 1 prize pet relating to the tundra (such as glacial colors) for the first place winner(s)
4) 500 KS for second place winners
5) 250 Ks for third place winners

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/04/2011 12:12 AM

Theme: Candy! 8D It's a Sweet Spree!

Idea: Kane Peppermint and his candy-making company have created a playland of sugar and candy! It's a whole world made out of yummy sweets! But this place isn't just for playing in! It's the site of a contest! See, Kane and his crew have sprinkled certain varieties of candy throughout their big rock candy mountain, and they're sending pets in to see who can collect the most of certain sweets. Every person will have a list of different candies they need to collect.

The way the event works is, Kane is the host. There would be maybe 4 different kinds of candy that you need to collect. Each type of candy has a different RP thread attached to it. Each time you post in that thread, you're guaranteed to find at least one piece of that kind of candy. You may even find more! But!

-You may only post in one thread at a time! Muahaha, the Displacement Rule is back from the graaave!
-You may only make six posts in one area before you must move on to the next! (You can choose which to go to, but you can't stay in the same area!)

The amount of candy a person gets in a post would be determined by rolling a 4-sided die, but random events may occur as well. Kane and co., acting as "hosts," may show up to provide candy-increasing opportunities for players... But they might also lose it all! What will the players do?

I imagine this would run for about a month.

Requirements From You: Three types of pets:
1. A secret type of pet to be given to those who meet their candy-finding requirements.
2. A secret group of retro pets to be given to the person who collects the most candy overall.
3. A secret type of pet to be given out via a random event in the game, a la random event (players who get the event would have the chance to trade some of their precious candy for it).

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/29/2011 1:55 AM

I'm assuming this is still open, since it's not locked :P I have an idea for a Halloween-type game, although it could honestly be played any time. It's based off of the game Mafia.

Theme: Werewolf Attack

Idea:
There will be a certain number of slots, and about 1/3 (or 1/2, whichever you think works best) of these people are going to be secretly chosen to be werewolves. There will also be one person who is the werewolf hunter, although they are not allowed to reveal their status or they are disqualified. The werewolves are the only ones who are allowed to know who the other werewolves are.
Each day, the werewolves talk to each other (via private message? Anyone have any ideas for this part?) and decide on which villager they want to kill during the night - they want to try to kill the werewolf killer, since he can guess who they are. Then, each member sends their vote of who to kill either to the mayor (the person in charge, preferably a mod, so that I would have a chance to participate, but I could do it if need be) and he informs the person that they have been killed.
After this has happened, everyone posts in a thread, talking about who they think the werewolves are. During this time, the werewolves should try to convince the people to kill each other, or the werewolf hunter if they have an idea of who he is. If the werewolf hunter knows of who a werewolf is, he should try to convince the people to kill that person. Then everyone takes a vote, and whoever gets the most votes is killed.
Also, each day, the werewolf hunter gets to ask the mayor about one person (via pm), whether they are a werewolf or not. The mayor will simply answer yes or no, and then the werewolf hunter has to wait until the next day to guess again. If they miss a day for some reason, if they haven't been killed off, then they can ask two questions the next day.
The game ends when either all the werewolves have been found out and killed, or all the villagers are dead. Or, there could be a time-line, and whichever group has the most surviving members at the end wins.

Requirements From You:
- A small prize for each participant (an amount of ks, or the choice of a certain group of retired's, something like that)
- A secret pet (possibly a custom created by me or a mod) for the winning group

OR

It could go by a point system, like for each round a person survives, they get a point, and then an extra amount of points goes to the group who wins? Then they could trade in the points for pets

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/04/2011 11:03 PM

Theme: HOLIDAY MADNESS

Idea: I'm holding a Secret Santa. You people know the drill by now. ;P But I'm also hosting a potluck raffle aaaand a pair of holiday-themed RPs! But that's not the main point. The point is that I'm asking for people to help me! And I'd like for there to be some incentive for people to help me and donate prizes to the events, as well as make art for it. So though the event's going to happen regardless, I'm mostly applying for the... "incentive," as it were.

Requirements From You: The incentive. As you might have surmised, the "incentive" is a secret pet that will be given to everyone who aids to the Secret Santa and Holiday Shenanigans effort in some way, either by offering to GM or by donating art or a prize pet. Yep, it's a secret. It's just one pet, so don't worry about art, but I would want to give out several of that one pet, so I'd need approval for that.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/12/2012 10:59 PM

Theme:Arena Fights

Idea:So people are put into a Hunger Games like arena, where they try and survive. They move ,like in all events on this site, one space per turn. But on that square there could be a good,nasty,or unexpected surprise.

Also to make this harder and more fun. When you land on the same square as someone else, you have to fight them. And who ever loses 'dies' and has to post their way out of the event in some sort of manner. There will be a certain number of contents, and after those, no more may enter the event.

Also if you happen to land on a special square/area/space, you could be hit with a good or bad event. A bad event could be that you skip your next turn. You have less endurance during your next fight, or have a deduction of any other stat for a certain period of time or moves. A good example would be the opposite of what I just said. Where people could get buffs or could get a random amount of Ks.

Some random events that could happen is a lightning storm in one area, where people can't go there. Or if someone is in there the get a De-buff.

Some requirements for this could be that you have to have between 30-40 Attack, Defense, Speed, or some other stat. It just depends on what is felt like.

The last person standing gets half of the pot, and a selection of pets. The third and second place people would share the rest of the pot and the second place person gets to choose some pets and the third place guy gets the rest of the pets. Or anything you see fit.

To also get in people have to pay a certain amount of money as the pot. So whoever wins gets that portion of money.

Requirements From You: A different color Solrex or Lusikross for the event holder. And any amount of retired pets for the winner to choose from. And a 200ks base amount.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/31/2012 4:48 PM

Theme: Easter Basket Mystery Raffle!

Idea: Lots of people are responding very positively to the "Mystery Basket" raffle I'm doing to give away the extra Christmas Donation pets I got, so I decided to try doing another one. Since people associate Easter with baskets, I thought I'd try doing another raffle? The idea would be very similar to the current raffle: There are a number of baskets laid out, with mystery prizes inside! But each basket has a descriptor, kind of like the Seasonal Specialties packages. Each participant gets a number of tickets, which they put on the baskets as they see fit. The more tickets you put on a basket, the more likely you are to win it, but the fewer total baskets you can aim for!

Requirements From You: A number of retro pets to be the basket prizes. Unlike the current raffle, where the baskets have uneven numbers of stuff in them, I was thinking maybe five pets to a basket. How many baskets I would do, I'm still thinking about, but I'd probably come up with around nine themes, like right now. Which would be forty-five retro pets. Which I know is a lot. But that's why I'm only asking for retros. XD Also, I would probably ask for mostly more common ones, with each basket probably having one rarer pet in it.

So yeah. I'm still mulling this over, but given how much people seem to be enjoying the current raffle, I thought I'd try doing another one. :D

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next