I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

A Way to Remember Slynne?

Postby Kylo » 08/28/2014 7:21 PM

I was thinking about Slynne's passing and I think it would be nice if we could do something to remember her by. Silv suggested a pet coloration in her memory and I think that would be nice. I don't know if we can do this or not, we'd probably have to ask the family first I think?, but I think it would be a nice thing to do. Would this be an okay thing to do? Or any ideas for other ways to remember her by?

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: A Way to Remember Slynne?

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/28/2014 8:19 PM

In my opinion, I'm not entirely certain that trying to obtain the family's consent for such a thing would be appropriate. There is no telling if some members of the family agree with us (which to them, for all we know, could be some entirely random website full of creepy stalkers) actually knowing or what her specific circumstances were with some of her family. Secondly, we also wouldn't know which family member would best be able to answer in a way that would be to her wishes. Slynne was also an adult, and made her own choices to give us some access to her information, here, and chose to be a member of our community.

I, for one, as an adult, would give consent for such a thing in my own case, as I'm sure my husband would do, out of knowing me best. However, my father, whom is practically scared of Facebook and that I don't get along with too well, would likely be against something. Nor would my mother or siblings be aware of how much Evelon meant to me, personally. And, as an adult, I wouldn't want anyone to take my parents' or siblings' opinions into consideration on such a matter. And if my husband said no, then maybe he didn't know me as well as I hoped, so who cares about that opinion, either.

Of course, I'm not certain of what formalities are, given that I am of the opinion that, if something tragic happened to me, I don't care if someone does something that offends my family as long as it is something I would approve of. (You want to dance to our favorite techno song from high school at my service? Do it!) I think the best we could do would be to ask for Kitty's opinion, as she is the person close to her that we have contact with, and that is aware of Slynne being a member of our community. If it was felt necessary to ask.

Since, as an adult, she gave us some information access and chose to be a member of our community, I don't imagine that she would be against the idea of having a pet coloration made in her honor. Especially because we would be doing such a thing out of respect, not out of slander or intention of any misdeed.

If such a thing were to occur, I would like to recommend that we go with a feline species of pet, as cats and owls are listed as her favorite animals in the previously linked information blurb, and we don't have an exact owl pet. It could potentially be called a "Syl [Pet Name]," as well, as "Syl," was listed as one of her nicknames?

If a pet coloration seems too uncomfortable without familial consent, then perhaps we would have a "Memorial Thread," created in order to honor users that have gone due to such unfortunate circumstances.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2844
Donate