I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Should there be breeding Licenses for Diosol?

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.
89%
No, I would prefer if there wasn't.
11%

Total votes : 18

Diosol Breeding Licenses

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/22/2014 7:25 PM

This topic has been mentioned several times, but it has never really gotten anywhere. Originally, I was going to bump one of the existing topics regarding it, but I have found that the best results from suggestions usually show up in polls rather than posts agreeing or disagreeing and wanted to be able to have one.

Originally, when Diosol were first released, I was actually a user that greatly opposed the idea of Diosol Liscenses. At the time, the cost of Breeder Boosters were greater than they even are now (even though they are still, by far, the most expensive species to breed at 350 KS per BBv1), so it seemed much less accessible to the average user. Since then, however, KS prices have dropped, and we also now gain more KS per roleplay post than we did before. Over all, they are much more attainable than before.

Why I'm suggesting Licenses for Diosol:

Well, aside from the, "every other breedable has one," argument that can be made, I'm really suggesting it so that Diosols and Diosol breeding seems more desirable. As it stands, some users say that they feel they are unable to breed as much as they would like to. However, right now, there are 2 BBv1s (KS purchasable) and 2 BBv2s (GT purchasable) just sitting, waiting for someone to come along and buy them. Not counting the GT ones, that's two breeding slots available that no one is using. Additionally, those of us that do have Diosol or want to breed them don't gain much from it, aside from gaining another breedable that we might not even be able to sell, due to the current lack of interest in them.

I think if there was a License system put into place for Diosol, regardless of what the end prize may be, it would help breathe a little life into Diosol breeding. It's not even the prize I care about, but it just would set a goal for users to want to achieve. For the most part, I want A Licenses just so I can say I worked to achieve them, and I think many others may feel the same way. Given the current price of the Boosters, though, I would recommend that they have a lower cap than some of our other breedables, though I suppose that really does depend on the prize that might be given out for it.

I don't have any opinions regarding what prize might be a good idea for them, so perhaps staff could consider what might be best, or other users can suggest things they think might be fair? As I said, I'm not all that interested in the prize, itself, but in the system.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2834
Donate

Re: Diosol Breeding Licenses

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/22/2014 8:31 PM

I'm going to brave double posting in order to ask, since someone voted against the idea, would said person be willing to post and explain why they are against it? I'm quite curious, regarding the other side of it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2834
Donate

Re: Diosol Breeding Licenses

Postby Mojave » 12/14/2014 3:53 AM

Bumping this to say I voted yes since I'm already keeping track of my diosol breedings in case the license is ever released.

EDIT:
Just noticed that two other users have their own threads suggesting this. xD; Sorry, this was the one closest to the top.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate