I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Bounty Missions

Postby Thunder » 01/18/2011 2:52 AM

I can't sleep and have nothing else to do, so I'm throwing this idea out there P=

So the trait system has recently been revamped and all, which reminded me of the bounty pets that you could fight back during the war plot. Even though I haven't done a bounty myself, I thought that might be a neat idea to continue. There could be a shop that offers Missions, and for each Mission you need to go out and defeat a certain pet. Perhaps there will be some kinds of twists to these Missions so they are more interesting, like not knowing what Traits your enemy has, or "ambushes" by other enemies that are not your bounty. It would be different from just battling in that there's a roleplay aspect involved. If you successfully complete the Mission, you'll win a prize, like Keystones, pets, or maybe even Marketplace items.

If we do put forth this idea, I'd love to help run the Missions, but I guess that's up to the staff x3

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Bounty Missions

Postby Freezair » 01/18/2011 3:02 AM

This gets a Rabbit of Approval stamp from me. :D

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/18/2011 3:16 AM

I actually really like this idea a lot. 8D That'd be fun. And there could be bigger team missions if it goes well like... "Break up a drug trade... with violence!"

But PG13. :|;;; *cough*. xD; Are drug trades PG-13?
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1108
Donate

Postby Silverin » 01/20/2011 6:08 AM

This could be interesting but I have no idea how I would participate since I never kept records of my rps and need to do fix up the traits still.

But if this was to go through I would love it to have levels attached to them for newer pets. (cause not all pets/owners are that kick butt D:)

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/20/2011 9:18 AM

I really like this idea~ It sounds like it'd be a very fun thing to do. =D

But, a question: If a pet failed a mission/was defeated by the enemy, would the pet die? Or just "faint," like in the Pokemon games? XD -shot-

Speaking of Pokemon, it would be neat if each mission had a "rank" depending on difficulty, like the easiest missions were E Rank, the hardest were S Rank. Something like that?

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Thunder » 01/20/2011 1:27 PM

Yeah, I had an idea about level-based ranks, like the lowest ranks for lower leveled pets and the higher ranks for high leveled pets. Low level pets wouldn't be allowed in higher ranks (they'd get KO'd too easily) and high leveled pets wouldn't be allowed in the lower ranks (too easy to finish the mission). And the prizes would be relative to the difficulty of the mission.

The pet wouldn't die, they'd just fail the mission xD;

EDIT: Oh, and there could be group missions for multiple users to participate in, if there's a really difficult to defeat enemy.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 01/26/2011 11:14 PM

I L-O-V-E this idea. Ohhai Thunder, you genius <3
If this went well in action initially, we could even add some sort of category system (but nothing overly complicated). Like, pets with certain abilities would either benefit or be at a disadvantage with certain missions. This is probably sounding off, because I've been awake for too many hours consecutively, but if I don't post it now, I'll forget e3e; For example, if mission were to take place in Jawan, the Dead Coast, etc., pets with water-based traits/abilities would get some easily-calculated bonus (say, a temporary level-up in strength/stamina/endurance/whatever the kids are calling it these days xD), while those with fire-based abilities would lose stats for that mission (temporary level down in the same category as water would level-up in)?
If it wasn't obvious already, I'm not familiar with pet stats AT ALL - to say the least, I find them rather daunting. But if something like this bounty idea came into play, I'd be sure to get my tush to figuring out my pets' stats~ <3
Motivation, no~?
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby Thunder » 02/02/2011 10:31 PM

Hm, I think that could be an interesting idea. Although a better scenario might be if a battle was taking place underwater. I don't think we'd have a mission like that, though, seeing as not all species of pets can swim.

To add on to this idea, I thought that perhaps for some missions, like say, in a temple that has a bunch of booby traps, your pet can actual sustain damage while -not- fighting from said traps. They'd be given a chance to evade the traps. If they do would be determined by dice roll. We could have similar events that use the pet's stats instead of a dice roll, but I'm not sure what instances could implement stats.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate