I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Quests? o3o

Postby Thunder » 09/28/2011 9:17 PM

I've had this idea for a while, and I forget if I ever mentioned it or not, but I was thinking about creating table-top-RPG-like Quests for users to play.

Quests would come in a variety of forms. Some would be pure battling, others a mix of battling and RPing with NPCs (which would be controlled by whoever is moderating the Quest), and still others could be a series of puzzles the user has to solve to advance. They would be of varying difficulty, and the harder the Quest, the better the prize gained at the end (KS, pets, maybe even potions). Some would be single player, others would require the cooperation of multiple users. Quests would be given out by NPC clients that need something done for them. Perhaps NPC X needs someone to assassinate an enemy, or NPC Y wants help in finding a secret treasure. The nature of the request would have an impact on the Quest objective and plot.

Quests would be given to users on a first come, first serve basis. Whoever posts to accept the quest first gets it, and if they fail the Quest/do not post within x days, the Quest would be given to the second user to post. And then the third, the fourth, and so on. For multiplayer Quests, the user can form a team after they successfully apply for and receive the Quest.

Pet stats, while obviously needed for Quests involving battles, aren't always necessary because there could be Quests that don't involve batting at all, for those who have no interest in the battle system. I thought this could be a fun way for people to earn prizes and help kick up activity on Evelon. Of course there has to be a good deal of involvement on the Quest moderator's part, and I do realize that the mods are really busy. But if you guys don't want to do something like this, I would be totally willing to manage Quests myself.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Quests? o3o

Postby Kylo » 09/28/2011 9:20 PM

This sounds like a fun idea and reminds me of D & D which my friends are trying to get me into. I would be willing to help if the mods are unable to.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 319
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 09/28/2011 10:43 PM

This sounds like fun! Reminds me of Fallout, seeing as what you do are quests. I would love to particape and even help x3

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 09/29/2011 2:07 AM

I really like this idea! It sounds like something fun, that would get players out of the normal, average, sometimes boring day-to-day roleplaying. Plus, there's a prize involved, so people would be more willing to get involved.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7214
Donate