I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Put KS Into The Hands Of The PEOPLE!

Postby Moofius » 01/31/2012 12:01 AM

So in the discussion for "Cash for KS" people brought up a good point. KS sinks are doing their jobs... a little two well. New KS is not being generated as quickly as it is being taken from the system. The KS made is not, in any part, being recycled.

Even if the suggested week long sale suggested in the "Cash for KS" thread went through it would be nothing more than a band-aid fix. A few people mentionned, in different ways, "what if we brought the KS put into the sinks back into the Evelon economy?"

I strongly support this idea. I would like to hear any arguments against and for. But I would put special emphasis on Ideas You, The Members, Have To Bring This KS Back Into The Economy.

Should there be more tournaments with KS prizes? More user run events? Maybe users could apply to host an event with KS as a prize? Maybe there could be rewards for KS for the hoster of events to make it an even more rewarding experience? Maybe RE2 could also drop KS? How much? How little? What about the farm lands? Maybe new and exciting ideas!

So post away! Be free and post! <333
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1108
Donate

Re: Put KS Into The Hands Of The PEOPLE!

Postby Moofius » 01/31/2012 12:02 AM

Pros and Cons List

PROS

CONS

Ideas Of KS Distribution

NONE (yet)

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/31/2012 12:09 AM

Occupy Evelon, eh, Moof?  :P

I think this post does bring up something very important, though... right now, we have probably have too many KS sinks. We created a situation where there was too much money and KS got really inflated, so we created things to remove it. The problem was, the removal stayed around when the KS didn't, meaning now we have tons of sinks but KS isn't coming in as fast. We could try upping the KS, but then we'd have the same problem again... basically, things need a bit of balancing.

I'm still waiting for Kodai to open up that "bringin' back the farm" topic (I got some ideas there, I do), but in terms of returning KS from the shops back to the economy... I think RE2 events might be fun. Like, maybe they could drop in on any old topic (I think Thunder might've suggested this, too? Or was it someone else?) which is active and stuff, and say, "Hey! Each of you participants found such-and-such KS!" Or perhaps there could be something a bit lottery-like. That feels a bit cheap, but yeah. Only instead of like a normal lottery where one person takes the jackpot prize, it could be one pot divided up amongst so many winners. So each winner would only win, like, 100 KS, but there was also about 7 winners.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/31/2012 12:35 AM

Oh yeah, you know me. <u> <333

Anyway.

Dunno what we can do about removing the removals. But yeah... putting KS back sounds good.

I think I suggested a sort of event that could have KS prizes. Or... Kitsumi did? And basically RE2 would set up an even that didn't require monitoring. RE2 would announce an event, the example I used was a little girl was out walking an unnounced ammount of dogs and, oop, LOST THEM ALL. And everyone who wanted to participate would set up a thread in LOCATION HERE with something in the title like "Event#1" in it and they'd RP and gain posts and have a RP with a pre decided plot (so open event type threads wouldn't be hard) and once -Predetermined Number Of Posts Here- are met a prize (KS? hint hint, nudge nudge) would be given.

So... That was that suggestion. It would be easy enough to start and monitor without being labour intensive for RE2.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/31/2012 12:36 AM

Ideas I like that I've seen:
KS from shops going 'back' in to the economy. Basically we could have the money go to a side account like how we have Morey. That can be our go-to for contest holding(prize money), tournament holding(Money generated by posting the results would build on that count), ect. Basically an account of a ton of NPCs that any of the mods(and possibly RE2 as well?) can get on and use to 'give back' to Evelonians. Random donations could even go to the hobo center since people don't seem to donate there.
(I now have other ideas for such an account, but those won't be talked about here since well. They don't involve KS)

RE2 Events/Users holding events and giving out KS:
I'd be nice for RE2 to have something other than pets to give. Also, I'd love to sponsor more user events. It's just that everyone seems to ask for a custom to be the HOST of the event basically rather than wanting to give a custom as a prize.

Farms:
I'm a bit... iffy on this. If we nerf it though so that it doesn't give as much/you have to work to get the extra money in some fashion I'd be alright with it for at least a little while. Such as a seasonal opening of sorts.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/31/2012 12:46 AM

I wouldn't want to see the farm to go in as it once was. That was just silly. I never did the farms but, yeah, it was a very broken system. It would have to be modified intensively and I think Kodai was going to make a thread for it specifically on it's own?

For User Hosted Events:
Like I said in the post above, maybe we can make it a bit more clear (or add) that hosters will be rewarded with KS as well? More incentive to host?

And yeah, off topic but, seriously, what's up with the hosts asking for pets for themselves? x'D? Anyway.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/31/2012 12:59 AM

I don't even own a Bigheart. I gave them out, and I didn't even taken one for myself. D:

I like that "side account" idea! And all the events could draw from that. RE2 could maybe be given some of the money to hand out as prizes as well. And I like the idea that there's an event that just has to be completed and if you do you get a prize. Kind of like quests!

Quests that give out KS prizes would be really fun, actually. I think they would, at least. I always appreciate quests!

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/31/2012 4:33 AM

Personally, I like the NPC idea. I see RE2 being overwhelmed with the amount of work it might take (Or maybe I'm making it harder than it has to be). So having NPCs that the Mods can use would be awesome.

And on the topic of user hosted events...The Secret Santa is an exceptional example of how to give back to the community; if a user hosted event gave out KS, that'd be pretty cool. I enjoy hosting events as well, so I wouldn't mind helping out there (not for a prize; I've always just enjoyed hosting events, as you can see with some of my contests and RP adventure contests XD They're fun~) I honestly don't think the hosts should be rewarded really; I think they do it of their own volition.

Not sure how I feel about the farm; it just seems like a lot of work for the Mods and stuff, but eh. Maybe decreasing the amount of KS given, or something, and opening it for a shorter period of time (You get two days or a single day to post, or no monies) would work for a while?

(Dang, I remember a time when I was giving KS away for no reason. XD I miss those days)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Firetra » 01/31/2012 10:24 PM

There are plenty of ideas in the user hosted events. But all the requirements are a bit off. Like custom pets and such. Plus, people probably haven't gotten any notice of if their idea is supported or not. That is probably why not many post there any more. Not because they don't have any idea's,just that they aren't getting the backing of the Mods or Admins. If people were given support for their contests, and maybe being posted in the Updates thread so people notice them more quickly, then there might be a larger number of people who add ideas to the contest suggestions.

On the topic of farms, I remember them but I never really got to use them since they were abandoned when I got onto the site. So I don't know if they would be a good idea coming back if there were various reasons why they were abandoned.

Oh I also love the random event thing, where different scenarios make you go and do different things. Instead of just hoping that a new pet falls in your lap for no apparent reason. Also if we have that, then the probability rate of getting a random event might be higher.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate