I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

So This Spam :U

Postby Redd » 08/19/2012 7:37 AM

:U Yep. This spam. Uuh. So. Last two nights, there's... been about 2-3 pages on the forums made by aggressive spammers, and this suggestion is really more for you mods than the general public of Evelon because you guys are the ones who usually have to clean up the mess. Because... as amusing as I find watching these guys block up every thread on the forums (because I'm... usually the only one on when they work xD), I'm sure it's not fun when they block things up. And it's not fun when they post in threads I might want to use. :I

But I propose you guys reinstate the previous approval via mod system. :'U Or find some alternative way to spam-proof the forums (which would be hard I guess, because we're not sure if these things are human or not).

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/19/2012 12:14 PM

Right now I went ahead and put up email verification for accounts. I don't have much faith in that though, but it should weed out at least some of the spam. After I see how well (or not well) that works I'll resort to making accounts admin activated again if I have to.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: So This Spam :U

Postby Kodai » 08/26/2012 8:52 PM

Admin activation has now been... activated.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate