I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Tournament Suggestions

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/18/2013 12:42 PM

I couldn't find a thread that this should go in, so I made one. :3 This is for different styles of combat that could be used as tournament ideas in the future. Maybe we could mix it up a bit and get new people interested in the fights.

My idea is actually a race.

Several pets (how many depends on what Kodai feels she could handle) are raced against each other. The tournament has a time limit so things don't go on forever. Two weeks may be sufficient, but it would depend on how often people would be willing to post. Attacks can be used to trip up your opponent, but hit on Speed instead of Endurance. The pet with the highest speed at the end of the time limit wins.

Why Speed? Well, the point wouldn't really be to beat the other pets into submission like a regular battle. You're trying to beat them in a contest of speed, so you would be trying to effect their speed in the first place. Also, traits like Guerrilla Fighter that would bypass speed in attacking order would instead give a plus to Speed for the competition. Everyone is starting on an even playing field at the starting line, so pets with those traits shouldn't be guaranteed to go first.

Posting order is based on Speed after trait modifications. Finish order would be from highest to lowest Speed. A pet that runs out of Speed in the middle of a race would be dropped to the last available place (out of 5 pets, the first to run out of Speed would take 5th, second would take 4th and so on).

Plus, this would be really easy to train for considering the fact that the Vast Plains give a +3 to Speed.

Comments? Other suggestions? Okay, go. :3

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1062
Donate

Re: Tournament Suggestions

Postby Thunder » 07/19/2013 3:03 AM

I always thought something like this would be interesting, but I was never sure how it would work xD I think Freezy also proposed something similar in the past? At any rate, I like the idea of moves affecting Speed directly. Though I suppose there would be some traits that wouldn't really be used, and we'd have to figure that out.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate