I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Re: Shady Key Swap Bureau - Discussion (+ possible feature?)

Postby Thunder » 07/27/2014 3:50 PM

Hm, I'm not a fan of making the black market process a whole multiple post RP. When we go purchase something in the Marketplace, we do so with the expectation that our transactions will be fulfilled in a fairly timely manner. Requiring an entire RP before getting what you want seems inconvenient for the users, and it would also be a lot of work for the person running the Black Market to individually respond to each customer. If the person running the Black Market cannot post for a while for whatever reason, it would probably just dissuade users from utilizing the Black Market at all.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/27/2014 4:01 PM

Just noting that I am in agreement with Thunder's post above. I fear that having to roleplay out and interact with whomever is running the Black Market could cause some unnecessary delays, which would then cause some lack of interest. It would also cause a lot more work for the staff running it, period.

However, I wouldn't be against something like a Black Market event, separate from the usual Black Market operations, where something like that would be possible. (Sort of like some of the old events that RE or RE2 used to host, where they would interact with you.)

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate

Postby Remedy » 07/27/2014 4:10 PM

True, I see your point.  I was just brainstorming ways to make it unique and require a little more effort on the user's part, but I do see how it might become too complicated or not worth the time if the person running it is unable to reply in a timely manner.  o3o

Edit: I like Toxic's idea of a Black Market event; that would be more of what I had in mind, just different in it's own way.  I think that'd be pretty awesome!

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Previous