I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Would you like to have prizes for each rank of breeding licenses?

Yes, please!
95%
No, I don't find them necessary.
5%

Total votes : 19

Additional Rewards (For Breeding Licenses) + Others?

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/26/2014 5:05 PM

Stemming from ideas that came to me in the other discussion thread, I began doing some thinking. I feel that maybe a few more reward systems on Evelon could be used to encourage more activity. I have a few ideas of my own, but would really like to hear what other users and the mods think of such ideas.

Regarding Breeding Rewards:

Perhaps, for each level up of a breeding Licence, users receive a prize? For all of Evelon's existence that I have been around for, users have only been awarded for A Licences, even though we have to go through other license levels as milestones toward the ultimate goal.

My prize suggestions are as follows:

Upgrade to C of any type: 250 KS + Breeding Key of that type.
Upgrade to B of any type: 500 KS + Breeding Key of that type.

And A remains the same.

Honestly, I would also be happy with just the KS or a Breeding Key reward, but I thought both combined would not be out of the question either? I especially like the idea of receiving keys, as it helps toward the obvious goal of achieving the numbers to go up a level again.

Other Reward Ideas:

These are much more varied, and I may not be certain on prize ideas, but just things that could possibly constitute rewards.

+ Roleplay rewards. The numbers could be anything, the prizes could be anything, but how about rewarding milestones for roleplay posts? Such as 1000 roleplay posts earns a prize? 1000 is a lot, but also very achievable. In the other thread, I suggested this as an alternative to getting a "free custom breedable." Which could be used, if approved, or the reward could easily be something else? We could use 500 posts as a milestone, too, with maybe a bonus KS prize, as well as more than 1000 posts.

For users to submit for their prizes, they would have to link the threads and note the post count in each of them, which could then be double checked prior to the prize being sent out.

+ Consecutive log in rewards. Users log in and post at least once a day for 30 days in a row? Maybe they could be rewarded KS.

There could be a thread where users post tracking posts for this themselves. They can start at any time, but have to link a post for each day, 30 days in a row, from their starting date. This has the potential for higher rewards for more consecutive log ins and posts, or could remain with a set amount of days. I picked 30 just because that would prove a month's of activity. It could start at 15 for smaller rewards, or what have you.

If there was a prize chain that goes up and up, it could also be stated that you can only redeem for each prize once, even if you are forced to start over at some point. Or it could stay at every time there is X amount of days of consecutive log ins and posts, you get rewarded a specific KS prize.

Example of how users would log for this:

7/26/14 : (Link to post with that date.)
7/27/14 : (Link to post with that date.)
And so on.

These were my main ideas, but I would love to hear feedback and any other ideas everyone may have!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate

Re: Additional Rewards (For Breeding Licenses) + Others?

Postby Remedy » 07/26/2014 5:33 PM

I like your idea of having smaller prizes for each level of breeding badges.  Reaching each milestone would feel like an individual accomplishment in itself, rather than struggling and struggling for one reward that feels so far away.  I think the inclusion of the breeding Key is a wonderful idea, as well as the KS reward.  Seeing as it takes a lot of work to reach each License, I don't think this would cause an unhealthy explosion of offspring by offering a key as a reward.

Regarding the roleplay rewards: I'm afraid it might take so much work to log and keep up with that I think users might lose interest very quickly.  But it could work, and it might be an interesting thing to give a trial run.  I like the idea of users receiving daily rewards for daily activity, given they put in the effort to log organized proof of their effort.  However, the rewards for reaching <insert number of roleplay posts> might encourage quantity over quality.  Although, despite my hesitance, I think it should at least be tried out.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/26/2014 7:39 PM

Noting that I tossed up a poll regarding the idea of receiving a prize for each license rank, as I feel more responses seem to come when one can simply answer "yes," or "no," with the click of a button instead of typing.

To respond to Pickle:

My idea about the roleplay tracking would be ultimately up to each individual user. I understand that it may seem like work, but I feel like the reward should be considered motivation enough for users to gather up their own information. In my honest opinion, if someone isn't willing to put something nicely together in order to receive a reward, then that's their loss. Mods rechecking is where most of the work comes in, I think.

But my example on how users would record it:

19 posts: Just Another Day, Right?
12 posts: A Bad Idea Gets Worse
28 posts: Paragon Room: Yukyuzan x Rebekka

Total posts: 59

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 07/26/2014 8:18 PM

Ah, I think I understand a little better now.  However, I feel that it should be run by two dedicated volunteers, perhaps with its own subforum.  Therefore, the mods won't get bogged down with the added responsibility and the system won't fail if one of the volunteers becomes distracted with RL issues and doesn't meet the "deadline" (whatever it may be) to distribute the rewards.  

I also think the system could be so at the first day of each month, the users who participated in organizing their post count receive the amount of KS equal to the amount of role-play posts they made the month before.  Someone role-played 50 posts in August?  September 1st, 50 extra KS is delivered to them.  That way it's not too much KS flowing into the economy but, when awarded all at once, will feel like a tangible prize.  I don't know if that's what you had in mind, though, so if I've completely botched your original idea feel free to get me back on track.  X'D

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/27/2014 12:04 AM

I definitely like the idea of adding some kind of prize to each breeding license rank, even if it's a relatively small one. It can take a really long time to reach a license depending on how often keys are released and how many babies you get in breedings, so it would certainly make the amount of time put into breedings feel more worthwhile.

I think rewarding people for roleplaying is also interesting and a very good incentive to stay active, and I also agree that there's probably no better way to keep track of this than having the user record their own posts. However, the only problem with having volunteers run such a program is that regular users do not have the ability to add KS to someone's account. Only the mods have that power.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Remedy » 07/27/2014 11:02 AM

Even though regular users don't have the ability to add KS to another user's account, perhaps the volunteers could simply be in charge of keeping up with the records, checking for validity, and then notifying a mod of the KS amount needed.  The mod could either add that amount of KS to the volunteer's account which could then be distributed via donations by the volunteer, or the mod could simply go through and add the necessary amounts to each user's account based on the notification sent to them by the volunteer.  Personally, I think the former would be a better choice since it only requires one transaction on the mod's part and the rest could be handled by the volunteer.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/27/2014 3:44 PM

I think it would just be way more efficient for the mods to do it all on their own. I feel like there's too much unnecessary middle-man stuff in your proposition, Pickle .3.; I don't mean to offend, that's just my opinion on the matter.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Remedy » 07/27/2014 3:51 PM

I understand, it's fine.  XD I was just throwing ideas out there, but I see your point.  My only issue regarding the mods doing it on their own, though, is that they already have a large amount of responsibility to consider.  I fear there might be a lack of interest on the mod's part with the requirement to keep up with each topic in a timely manner as well as manage their other projects and whatnot.  With the middle man stuff going on, it would basically only require one movement on the mod's part to keep the program going.  But I do see your point, and I agree that my original proposal could be easily done by a mod who has the time to spare.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/27/2014 3:52 PM

As Thunder said, there isn't much of a need for a middle-man in such a situation. The breeding licenses are already handed out by Shrewd, so all she would have to do is add the extra KS/send them a key when she sends them their new license just as she does when she sends out A licenses.

My personal opinion would be to give users the choice of either the suggested KS or key. I feel like both together is a bit much, but giving them the choice of either is at least a nice pat on the back to say, "Keep going! You're making progress!"

Edit: Just realized you were talking about a different feature suggested above, but I'm too lazy to fix my post.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/27/2014 3:56 PM

Pickle wrote:I also think the system could be so at the first day of each month, the users who participated in organizing their post count receive the amount of KS equal to the amount of role-play posts they made the month before.  Someone role-played 50 posts in August?  September 1st, 50 extra KS is delivered to them.  That way it's not too much KS flowing into the economy but, when awarded all at once, will feel like a tangible prize.  I don't know if that's what you had in mind, though, so if I've completely botched your original idea feel free to get me back on track.  X'D

Just to clarify, I think you're sort of mixing the two ideas I suggested together into one.

For specific roleplay rewards, I think it would be more like:

Make 500 roleplay posts, regardless of how long it takes = prize.
Make 1000 roleplay posts, regardless of how long it takes = prize.

These are basically lifetime roleplay achievements. If you EVER, at ANY time reach those milestones, you can earn prizes for it. I just didn't show my example up to a large number, since I was only trying to get a point across of how one would go about recording their roleplay posts toward such achievements.

THEN, there is the consecutive log in concept, which would be the log in, activity streak.

An example of recording that, since it could start at any day, would be like this:

7/26/14 - Post.
7/27/14 - Post.

Total Activity Streak: 2 days.

And so forth.

I don't see either of these having "deadlines," but can occur whenever a user meets the requirements. Be that a 30 day activity streak (of any kind, as long as they're posting, maybe with exception to the Posting Game section) or 500 lifetime roleplay posts.

Basically, an area would have to be set up where, once users meet a requirement and gather up their own recorded proof, it can be submitted. (Similar to what is done for breeding License upgrades, where a user is responsible for recording all their breedings and total babies bred, but staff double checks everything before sending out the new license/prize.)

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 07/27/2014 4:07 PM

My bad, I got it mixed up. X'D I guess my interpretation was just totally different on its own.  Y'all can either disregard it completely or consider it as a separate feature; I won't mind if it's just ignored completely.  XD  

Regarding the roleplay post rewards, that would be pretty cool.  If I'm understanding correctly, it would basically be like a breeding license award, just for role-play amount.  I like that idea.

I like the idea of your activity streak rewards.  However, I think it would be better as just a role play reward, rather than a any-post-at-all reward.  But then again, activity is activity, so I see how that would be beneficial.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/27/2014 4:19 PM

Now that I'm on track with which topics are being discussed at the moment;

Roleplay achievement;
I do like this idea, though I'd say the rewards would need to remain fairly small. Basically more of a pat on the back, have a little extra something, rather than anything extravogant. There could be a few exceptions thrown in here or there though for the really high numbers.

Daily log-in;
As Pickle stated, I'd much rather such a thing be rewarded for daily RP activity. Otherwise someone can just go to their journal, post "I am alive" and be rewarded. Or they can go to G&C and post something Flight Rising related (that does absolutely nothing for Evelon activity. It's essentially just using Evelon to gain on FR) and be rewarded. I'd be willing to also include some areas like Zoo pens and maybe even the Help section, since those are legitimate Evelon activity, but I do think we'd need to restrict some areas from this.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/27/2014 9:33 PM

Kyrit wrote:My personal opinion would be to give users the choice of either the suggested KS or key. I feel like both together is a bit much, but giving them the choice of either is at least a nice pat on the back to say, "Keep going! You're making progress!"

In regards to this, if both KS and a key seems like too much of a prize, I do like the idea of users having the choice of KS or a key as their prize. It still gives options and having a reward of any kind is definitely awesome and more inspiring. c:

Just to state where I had been coming from with my prize suggestions: I didn't personally see both as too much, since I based the KS off of increments of the 1000 KS prize for the A class. With the recent KS buff per post, 250 KS can be earned by posting 50 times, while 500 KS for 100 posts, which seemed like a good amount without being too much, especially when considering a single breeding is at least 25 roleplay posts.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 07/28/2014 9:33 PM

Just hopping on to say what I really wanted a prize for is the special kuhna z license. It can be something super small, but I'd really like to see something for it. It's really the only license I'm working towards right now, as I'm about a third of the way there, having bred two endangereds.

As for prizes for activity, it's a good idea. A really good idea. Would I ever get a prize for being active everyday? No, I'm lazy. Can I see others making it? Yes. I think it's a great way to encourage people to rp, which is what this site is for. I would personally keep it to a KS prize only, but that's me. I don't see why you would get a rare item for just doing what the site is meant for anyway.

As for reaching those great milestones of rp posts, I deffo think that deserves a reward. That is something I would just love to work towards. I mean it, it is something that will make me want to rp. Even if the prize is just a little badge you can put in your signature, or a special title(I think that's what those crazy things under our names are called). But a prize for reaching that many rp posts is a fun idea to me. Seriously even the smallest of prizes for that is good enough to me.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2014 9:51 PM

Yay~ Another fresh face posting~

Talcen wrote:Just hopping on to say what I really wanted a prize for is the special kuhna z license. It can be something super small, but I'd really like to see something for it. It's really the only license I'm working towards right now, as I'm about a third of the way there, having bred two endangereds.

In regards to this part, chances are, there might actually be a prize for achieving the License that we just don't know about. If I am not mistaken, in the past, the Kuhna or Lucain class A prizes (not sure if one of them or both) were not announced until someone actually earned one. I'm not sure if this is the case with class Z, but it could be, so I thought I'd mention it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next