I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Should Evelon have Official Raffles?

Yes, I think that's a brilliant idea!
100%
No, I don't think its worth the trouble.
No votes

Total votes : 8

Official Site Rare and/or Custom Pet Raffles

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2014 6:38 PM

We have things like Kiel's Auctions, Vance's Auctions and Morey's Traders in order for users to have a chance to purchase customized pets without having to spend cash or GT, be it "Normals," or "Breedables," but we've never really had site hosted raffles.

My idea is that perhaps, same way all of the three above operate, on occasion, some pets can be raffled off to users that want to participate. I imagine that there could be some sort of entry fee for a raffle ticket, and each user may only purchase one ticket. Say an entry 50 or 100 KS, depending on the individual pet? Or whatever the Staff would find best.

Raffles can be considered "more fair," than the Auctions and Trader's Outposts, because the outcome is chosen completely at random, not by who has the most KS to offer, who can be online at a specific time to try to "snipe," a pet or who writes or explains their character ideas in a way that impresses those judging for the Morey pets.

It also gives users more freedom than Morey, since I know some users may argue that small pet descriptions on Morey pets can sometimes hinder their ability to place their own character on a pet.

Additionally, even new users, that may have less KS than other users, still have an equal chance to win something nice and shiny.

Aside from just custom pets, as well, perhaps some other pets that are considered "Rare," or "Sought after," could also be included. Things like generation Kuhnas, old war or event pets, pets that there are very few of in existence (like the Carol Mr. Wilson or Evening Lunafly, since there are only one of each on record), Wild pets, and so forth. Another option to that would be something like, "Winner chooses any Christmas Pet of their choice," and what not. Or pets that have also been seized from deleted accounts or pets that have been "lost," to events (such as the Thanks for Life Day events or to Morey as payment) could be also used in the raffles.

Something I also considered, which may help to inspire the artists to want to make pets to raffle off, maybe they could be awarded part of the KS earned from raffling off the pets, instead of it just vanishing off the face of Evelon forever? Or the KS could be sorted into some sort of "Bank," account for site, that can then be used as prizes for other contests or giveaways? (These ideas could be ignored, if staff or users don't like the idea, but I thought they would be worth mentioning.)

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate

Re: Official Site Rare and/or Custom Pet Raffles

Postby Kyrit » 08/19/2014 3:55 PM

Just posting to say that I'm definitely not against us holding raffles. We've shown that they work with breeding keys, so it'd work. RE2 is even testing out a raffle in their contest.

It could be that every other auction that would have been held could be done as a raffle instead, as far as customs go. I will be honest and say I've personally been holding off on auctions recently not due to lack of pets to auction but instead due to the fact that only a few people could afford to pay top dollar right now. Auctions are nice in that they do at least take a large sum of money off the hands of one user, but yeah. Usually those without the money don't stand a chance. We've got 5 breedables and 5 non-breedables just sitting on the backburner to send to the auction house some day, so I'd be fine with them being raffled instead. There's also a section of pets that we've literally got labeled as "Contest/tournament Prizes/Raffles"
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Official Site Rare and/or Custom Pet Raffles

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/20/2014 5:03 PM

I was sort of hoping someone else would post before I did again, so that we could more clearly hear others thoughts instead of just viewing the poll results, but I suppose we'll just have to look at those and assume its a supported idea? xD;

I wanted to say that I think interchanging raffles and auctions would be neat, and definitely a simple system on deciding how often to do them. I figured the lack of users with larger sums of KS had a lot to do with why we weren't having any more auctions, for the time being, but I think raffles would help remedy that a little, since it wont require users to have large sums to try for a nice pet.

I, for one, know that when there are things happening on Evelon (like there are pretty pets to get or features to use) it makes me want to roleplay more. So I love seeing things happen. <3

Hopefully, we can get other staff on board with the idea~ c:

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2879
Donate