I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Re: Idea to lure people into the normal RP sections

Postby Moofius » 06/21/2016 9:36 PM

I too would like to see both. A user reward that is similar to the current breeding licenses. Badges (maybe tiered) for each area. Like a Craiss Cavern badge, copper, silver and gold for X number of posts in that area total. Something like that. Maybe achieving those badges could give a bonus to stats in that area (+1 per level for your pets in that area for whatever the stat is that the area gives) and the image of a badge, same as breedings. Maybe a tie into the saloon somehow, like a permnnent 5ks discount or something like that. Not sure.

For pets, I think it would be really cool if they got individual points, maybe based on levels achieved or something, that could be traded in for "exclusive" add ons or something? I mean that might be hard, since the way add ons work are you pay for it you buy it right now... So for example an adventurer earned scar could never be  standardized special, since anyone could ask for one just like it at this point...

But it would be cool if they could get "special" add ons that were limited to those who can achieve them. Like a special, logo'd set of items for explorers only. That or maybe special access to a special store with interesting items. Like maybe as a super adventurer in Idalani you have access to "God Cleansed Water" that allows for a breeding to guaranteed reach a maximum litter size + 1 EVERY TIME. Your pet can only retrieve it because they are so skilled, and know Idalani so well, etc. "Oapl Sand" from the desert that can scrub the colour from any pet to create an opalescent coat, only obtainable by the toughest explorer of the desert etc. etc.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/21/2016 10:12 PM

I read the title of this thread and thought "It sounds like we're setting a trap" and couldn't stop laughing. XD

I LOVE the idea of area badges. I think that's a super neat idea; I personally love badges in general, so being able to collect them for putting forth RP effort would be super awesome.

I also like the idea of a special store, but it might be more work. Still, I think that'd be super cool. And it could have items that give you a retired pet, or maybe a potion. Where you could turn in points for certain prizes. Maybe points based on the number of posts done in that area.

I didn't read the whole thread, but yeah, I liked those suggestions immensely.

If we did badges that are pet-linked, how many post do you think per area would be good for a badge?
If we did badges that are user-linked, how many post do you think per area would be good for a badge?

Reward ideas are also still welcome, but I think the first thing that should be tackled is going for user-based or pet-based badges. I might try getting a poll running to see which one users would prefer, that way we can start at least thinking about this idea again.

All things considered, I think maybe 30 or so posts? but that's just a suggestion. I think it would factor into whether or not you'd count old RPs, since they could count towards an exploration. if that was the case, I'd say 60-80 or so.

Maybe the badges can almost help the chance of a rarer wild pet? The more badges, the more experienced an explorer, so the higher a rate of a wild pet appearing (every badge could up it by 1-2% maybe?) And maybe the more badges, the more discount you get at the saloon in general. if you earn a certain amount of badges, you could have discounts at other places as well? Just a thought, but yas, I literally love the idea of badges.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/22/2016 6:47 PM

Keep in mind, this is only my idea to throw out there, not reflecting an idea the entire staff is behind, but something I would, personally, kind of like to see as prizes.

Mystery Boxes!

Mystery Boxes would contain a number of prizes, each box different from the next. Currencies, Breeding Keys, Pets from run of the mill retired pets to experiment pets, Mysterious Eggs, Potions, limited and not limited, Kuhna Nip and other birthday grab bag items, pretty much any item in existence, and leaving room for the possibility of a unique coloration only found in the boxes, vouchers for discounts in the marketplace, random custom pets or the pets that are retired from the Advanced Service rentals, etc. The potential is endless, as more pets and items get released.

But let me break it down.

I was thinking that pets earning badges would award users a small amount of points, maybe called Explorers Points/Explorer Credits, while a user earning a badge could award a larger amount of points and/or other things. (For User Badges, I honestly imagine both Points along with some other substantial sort of prize, similar to how the A Licenses for Breedings has a hefty reward.)

These particular Points could be used to purchase things from a special Marketplace Shop that only deals with these points as currency.

The shop could sell a variety of differently priced Mystery Boxes, as well as perhaps other rotating items, such as Potions, Breeding Keys, etc. It could also offer a conversion for the Points to KS, although buying items in the shop would likely get you more bang for your buck, value-wise, than going for a straight KS conversion. So, essentially, buying items or pets with the Points would be users buying them at some sort of small discount. (Or somewhat large discount, if you net a Mystery Box with a really nice bundle of items and pets.)

For Mystery Boxes, the more Points it would cost, the greater value you are likely to get from the box, but there could be random cases of cheaper boxes having valuable prizes.

Additionally, there is the possibility of the Points being able to be used to buy the Traps and other items used for hunts to draw in specific pets.

The downside to doing something like Points and a special shop that sells Mystery Boxes as opposed to static prizes, is that, yes, staff would have to take the time to stock it and process orders. However, it seems reasonably viable, as, for the most part, all of the prizes that come from a Mystery Box would already exist. There wouldn't need to be any drawing of new items or pets for the prizes from the get go, as we even have a Mystery Box item drawn and sitting on our PB from when it was a vaguely considered idea before.

Or, it could just be Points and a shop with a rotating stock of various prizes, without Mystery Boxes, but I figured that would be a fun aspect, especially if we wanted to include the occasional custom or some such thing.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 06/22/2016 11:15 PM

I think Toxic's idea is great, and I would like to see the boxes included in the system in some way, if not turned into a shop.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Previous