I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Lottery?

Postby Desrian » 01/13/2016 9:47 PM

I wont pretend this isn't inspired from the recent news on the lottery in the United States that's at a staggering one point something billion at the moment. Because it is. At least slightly. I thought it'd be really cool to maybe have a monthly (or some other time frame, every 6 months?) lottery for Evelon users. Here's some idea's I've had:

Prizes: KS, or pets/items. Maybe different levels of prizes are "unlocked" by how many entries when its a pet/item prize. (I.E 300ks unlocks Halloween Pet X, 500ks unlocks Breeding Key, 1000ks in entries unlocks Super Awesome Custom Lucain)

Not listing publicly, who is entered, and how many tickets they have bought. I, personally, think it would be super easy to cheat the system if it was public. Maybe mods take turns having the list? Maybe if its not done too often, since I know she's not super active, Baal can do the list (or at least once or twice when all the mods want the prize for that round and don't want to wait it out?)?

A live drawing. I think its fun, people can tune in and talk in the chatroom before and after the drawing? Whoever is doing the drawing can have RNG up and draw a number, and whoever has that number wins? I think its a great way to get people into a chat room who don't normally talk to other people, and you don't HAVE to be there for the livestream if you can't/don't want to.

Feel free to add/take away from the idea's I've listed. I've never ran anything like this, so I don't know how well it'd work but I thought it'd be fun.

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to Heaven

Zoo Pen | Shop | Wishlist
Desrian
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 15
Donate

Re: Lottery?

Postby Kyrit » 02/06/2016 10:57 PM

I'm sorry it's taken so long for anyone at all to respond to this, but I did want to at least pop in and let you know the staff aren't opposed to something like this! We do have more pressing features that we're working on, which means it might take a little time for something like this to be put in to place, but we do like it.

Essentially, my thoughts on the system are to integrate it in to some other site functions, more specifically the marketplace. Purchases of the marketplace, rather than just going in to a black void, can easily be funneled back in to the economy through these sort of lotteries, along with also allowing the purchasing of actual tickets for the lottery. If users would like for the tickets to be able to be purchased anonymously, there's always the option of having those purchases being submitted through our Evelon gmail.

A live drawing would also be cool as well, if users would like that sort of thing. Though I also understand that not everyone can join chat clients (or just doesn't want to), so if we went with live drawings we'd still post the results on the forums as well. Heck, if people wanted to, I'm not opposed to streaming the actual drawing for those that would like to come in to watch, since streaming means everyone can actually see the official results and know that there was no bias. C=

But yeah! In short, this idea is definitely liked. It'll just be some time before you'll see this come to full fruition.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate