I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

A section for roleplay records; what do you think?

I think it's great! I want to see and read and know about what people write!
43%
I like it! I think it'd be nice to have a section I can refer to for RPs.
24%
I'm neutral. If people want it, it's up to them. I have no opinion.
14%
I don't like it. I understand the concept, but it feels unnecessary.
10%
I don't like it at all. Putting a post in a journal/imp docs/etc gets the job done just fine.
10%

Total votes : 21

[Poll] Personal Roleplay Records

Postby Jaykobell » 03/10/2016 11:29 AM

I realize it's been mentioned a few times now, but it's kinda always an afterthought in the discussion at hand so I preferred a new topic for it. Sorry for the clutter, I guess.

Anyway: a section specifically for RP records, similarly to the Zoo Pens and the Wishlists. Am I really the only one who would love to see this?

I do find myself wanting to read some RPs and checking things out when I have some idle time on the bus or otherwise, but I don't know where to start. We have a good handful of members, a lot of sections, and just overall a whole bunch of RPs to choose from.

Kyrit mentioned they could be put in a post in the Important Documents section, but I personally wouldn't put them there because of the amount of images in those topics to begin with. I'm usually on my phone if I have idle time, so loading so many images usually crashes my browser or slowly kills my data.

My suggestion for a subforum of its own is to allow members to really customize their list and records. They can use as many posts as they want, format it however they want, give short blurbs on what the RP is about to entice potential readers. They can separate by plot, by character. And because it was mentioned before: if someone has RPs they consider to be sub-par or just for cash, hell, they can put them on their category too. Quick reading. Or they can just not put them in.

People can put if they're open to suggestions or critiques (hence my logic of putting it under the feedback section, Thunder, if you see this), they can keep notes about those RPs or trivia about them.

I feel like RPs are a core aspect of Evelon, and while some people do keep lists, they're all scattered about and usually are limited to one post in a journal or somewhere else.

Consider it a sort of library... What do I feel like reading today?

I would suggest putting it under Zoo Pen, or actually, under All About You. Pickle's point that it could be a section to rename and tweak just a bit, is a good one. Otherwise, under Important Documents as its own subforum, separate from the gigabytes of images.

I put up a poll. If you have any suggestions or thoughts, please express them as well.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate