I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Would you like to see a Blog section? [Please read thread first!]

Yes, there are things that I could blog about.
25%
Yes, I would enjoy reading blogs.
25%
No, I don't feel like it is something we should have.
50%

Total votes : 16

Subfourm for All About You: Blogs

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/28/2016 11:02 PM

Please keep in mind that I am posting this strictly as a user, not a staff member. That is, this is something that I would personally like to see, and have not ran it across any other staff members.

The title sums it up entirely. I would like to see a subforum called, "Blogs," or something similar, that can be found under All About You.

What brought this to mind was that I am currently playing a game that I recently got for the computer (Stardew Valley) and am also playing Pokemon, starting from the Gen I Yellow download I recently got for my 3DS, and am planning to play the gens in order. (Starting Yellow, then going Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, and so on, playing the most recent releases for each gen that I own.) And I thought it would be neat to have somewhere that I can write that is dedicated to my progress through my individual games.  (Or, game adventures, since all the Pokemon stuff would likely be in one.)

At one time, I also thought about doing an anime review blog, as well as a baby blog.                                                        
The thing is, yes, we have Journals, where we are entirely free to post about whatever we want. However, I don't want my Journal overran with several posts a week that are entirely about super specific things. Having five posts in one week that are all about Stardew Valley, then another three about Pokemon in my journal detailing little things just doesn't seem like the best idea. Other things, like life updates that may keep me from Evelon, other personal feelings that are more Journal-like in nature, would be swamped amongst the blog-like posts.

Additionally to that, yes, I could use a blogging service. However, my online life is practically just Evelon at this point, since my free time is considerably limited. Evelon is comfortable. Evelon is home. Evelon is generally full of people that I don't mind reading all of my random things. Things possibly being exposed to all of the internet, at least more so than it would be on Evelon, makes me uncomfortable, but I want to write! I want to write these things. Plus, Evelon has seen my writing for years now so, yeah, comfortable. And I know the coding for posting on Evelon and don't need to take a lot of extra time to make things super fancy like you would a dedicated blog page, with backgrounds and such. Besides, we Evelon folk seem to share a lot of similar hobbies, so I figure other users may enjoy reading the blogs that others write.

And, of course, users could blog about just about anything, as long as it fits Evelon rules, and have several threads for different dedicated blogs. Want to blog about your vacation? Maybe your cooking or baking? Your cosplay and con adventures? Whatever you want to blog about, go for it.

I included a poll to make things nice and easy, but I would like to hear the opinions of others, especially those that are not for it, so please post! <3

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Subfourm for All About You: Blogs

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/29/2016 1:03 AM

I feel something like "Themed Blogs" or "Liveblogs" would work a bit better, since "blogs" and "journals" are kind of synonymous in my mind. But otherwise I think the idea is interesting and I would like reading people's liveblogs of stuff without interruptions.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Moofius » 04/12/2016 11:13 AM

I think I would personally be more likely to follow a blog on a blogging website then chrck a blog on Evelon, then just put a link somewhere prominent, or in a thread. I guess I personally feel like there might not be a big "market" for bloggin right on the site. That's my two cents.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/26/2016 10:27 PM

Gonna bring this back to life, 'cause I like the idea.

At first I thought blogs = journals, but after reading what you explained, it does make sense. Perhaps Gray's suggestion of 'Themed Blogs' or 'Liveblogs' would help differentiate between blogs and journals for people. I can't think of any other names off the top of my head to be of any help.

I would enjoy reading 'blog' posts here, as it is a fun way to spend time and learn about the people here, even if I may not interact much. The thing about journals is - I think of it more as a place for me to post. I don't want people posting in my journal too. Whereas if I were to write a blog about my dog or a game I'm playing, I'd enjoy people responding to my posts. Journals seem more personal, whereas blogs are more open to responses - a lot of blogging sites have the feature.

Also, keeping them in Evelon is great, because you don't need to do all that extra coding and logging in and switching sites. You'd have a familiar fan base as well. It'd be a way to learn more about everyone's hobbies and interests, if people were to utilize the subforum.

Seeing the poll results though, guess it's kind of been voted down. Whoops~  :oops:

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169