I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

Is this a feature that interests you?

Yes
100%
No, I'd prefer to put it in my signature myself
No votes

Total votes : 13

User Statuses

Postby Redd » 06/28/2016 7:42 PM

SO! I noticed a few users + RE does this and I started tinkering about in the Admin Panel. And well. I came up with this:

So really what I'm asking is, would you guys like an optional little status thing under your location like the image above, as an alternative to the forum signatures (you can easily edit this like you edit location) or do you prefer the forum signatures (eg, it's easier to style, make pretty, etc, etc)? It would take literally two seconds to implement and as mentioned, it's totally optional, and it was just a thought!
Popped a poll up because it's really a simple thing, and I doubt I'll get much discussion on it (though discussion is always welcome and I can edit the poll if necessary!)

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: User Statuses

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 06/28/2016 11:20 PM

I like the Idea of a status thing so that it's easy to see when people have things going on that may affect them being online; however, I don't want to lost my forum signature - which I believe is what you're proposing here?

I use my signature not just to show off pets but also as a way to link to my most important topics on the site i.e. my trades etc. I feel it makes it easy for other users to access my topics, too, rather than having to dig through my posts or a certain area just to find my thread, which can be difficult when posts there are numerous.

Maybe keeping the forum signatures as they are, but also implementing the status thing would be an idea? I realise that having images in the signature can also affect load times, so maybe rather than getting rid of them altogether the height restriction could be lowered (from 400px to 200 px, maybe? enough for links and a bit of text, but not enough for images?).

Also, if the forum signatures are removed where will we put the badge to declare our war side?
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/28/2016 11:56 PM

Just popping in real quick to say that she's not proposing getting rid of signatures entirely. Rather, just making it so that we don't have to have our statuses listed in our forum signatures anymore, like I do.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/29/2016 12:15 AM

Yep. Sorry poor wording on my part. Anyway. It's implemented now and you can roll with whatever works for you personally. Leave it blank and it won't show up c: Check the updates if you're unsure as to how to set it.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff