I suggest you suggest your suggestions in this suggestion subforum! This subforum is for the members! Please post your own creative ideas here, not in the main board! And most of all, please remember to be nice and respectful!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Member Suggestions

War Badges & Signatures

Postby Jaykobell » 09/16/2017 3:30 PM

So recently I changed my signature, and... working around the war badge is so annoying.

I'm wondering if there might be a way to work something out with the war badges? The war had been going on for years so far, which has forced us to keep the badge in there. Could we just use the itty bitty tiny banners we had around the first war? Like this tiny Imperial one Baal has in her signature: Image

I feel like the badges were... originally to tell which side to add the BPs to? But, nowadays our way of keeping track lists which side the user belongs to; so technically speaking... there's... no point in having the badges in our signatures... right? x'D

I know it's like.... a caprice. But it's so annoying playing around the badge. There's only so much the forum codes allow you to do, and that badge is just. In the way.

I'm putting this in suggestions because it'd be good to know if other people agree?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: War Badges & Signatures

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/16/2017 3:31 PM

I've always agreed with this but I feeeel like I asked once before and the answer was that the badges stay? xD They're pretty, is the thing, too, but yeah I agree they're awfully big and obstruct the signature haha. Or don't match color-wise. I like the tiny banner though!

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Silverin » 09/28/2017 9:22 AM

While I am not nearly as active right now for various reasons. I have already expressed at the war has already passed... What? Four years now? I would be nice to wrap up or at least get a plan together to wrap it up.

I can agree if you do stuff with your signature the badge has out stayed its welcome at this point. Four years is a long time to have space taken.

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 10/20/2017 5:54 PM

Sorry for the long wait time between this suggestion and an actual response. I tend to remember it at least once a week while I'm no where near a computer and then forget to answer when I am at a computer.

Anyways, as the badges currently stand, a large importance of them currently is to distinguish between the four factions. If we just had an Imperial vs Purine banner that doesn't tell us if you're under one of the turncoat groups or not (which, admittedly, is only Mojave currently). That said, we do have official PNGs of the Purine and Imperial symbols, so I could probably whip something up reach quick to have a smaller banner for each faction using these symbols.

Ultimately though, I honestly personally.... rarely if ever record BP. So I'm fine with this if the mods, since they're usually the ones recording BP to my knowledge, are all game for it.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1590
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/20/2017 7:26 PM

I think that'd be super cool! o vo Like Silv said it's mostly just the fact the badges have kind of overstayed their welcome ololol. If we could get mini badges with those symbols, that'd be awesome!
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/20/2017 7:40 PM

I do wanna keep the images for the original badges (because I'm a nerd and they're pretty and I'll prolly keep it in my pen somewhere) but the tiny banners are suuuper good and I have full support of those!

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mojave » 10/20/2017 8:16 PM

Even though I'm the only turncoat (lol) I'd also be excited about a smaller badge. c:
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate