A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Rivalry or Partnership? [M for Language]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/07/2014 1:14 PM

(*cracks knuckles*  Let's see if I can make some muse here.  P :< )

As the sun rose higher in the sky, small rays of light flickered unsteadily through the thick misty canopy of the Whisper Forest.  What heat did reach the lingering mist provided a less than comfortable humid stickiness to the area.  It was enough to make the already irritated woman clench her teeth impatiently as she shook her dangling foot anxiously.  For what seemed like forever she'd been camped out here, waiting for that damned man.  If it wasn't for the promise of something exciting and rare, and the small chance she'd come out with some profit, then she wouldn't of humored him - their relationship was barely mutual.

"I swear if he doesn't show...", she growled as she shifted slowly on the jagged rock, regretting her choice in clothing as the sharp edges rubbed against her bare thighs.  Her blue jean shorts protected little of her legs, only covering the bare essentials, as did her flannel tank top she'd worn over a white spaghetti strap, the bottom tied loosely to give her midriff freedom to twist and turn easily without sticking to her already damp skin.  It perhaps wasn't the most appropriate attire to sport while meeting strictly for business with a man but Tara never was one for common decency as defined by society.  The outcast lived by her own rules, did things her own way, dressed how she wanted.  Little care was given for how people chose to perceive her.  After all, that was their hangup, not hers.

[1]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Re: Rivalry or Partnership? [M for Language]

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/07/2014 2:00 PM

After a while more of wasting even more of her time doing nothing, the faint sound of a familiar creaking reached her ears.  Her eyes quickly darted in the direction the sound echoed from.  Standing and brushing off the back of her pants, Tara turned to face the sound with a long sigh, crossing her arms in a huff.  "FINALLY."

There came a light chuckle through the mist as a figure appeared.  A large, dark Paragon pulling a creaky old wooden cart decorated with odd markings and symbols approached the girl.  The wheels creaked loudly as the Paragon stopped in front of her, disconnecting himself from his cart, hollow eyes glancing mockingly at the Mekkayena in front of him.  Human form or not, he knew her voice and attitude well from the few encounters they'd had together.  "Oh?  How did you know it was me?  For all you know it could of been a myriad of other things coming to dispatch you in this thick misty veil."  His tongue slithered between his jagged teeth as he chuckled again before flashing a toothy grin her way.

Tara's brow twitched at his tone as her eyes narrowed dangerously at the Grim.  She never liked the way he talked.  In fact, there was very little, if anything, she liked about him at all.  His overall presence just gave her chills.  Her shoulder's hunched a bit from the chill she got as she rolled her eyes, turning away from him stubbornly.  "Oh please.  You're the only crazy one I know who'd be trudging about out here in a creepy ass place like this."  

[2]  [1]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/07/2014 3:13 PM

A cage?  That was certainly not what she was expecting.  Some sort of new trapping device or new doodad to that would help in different terrains maybe but this?  And was that something moving inside there?!  What kind of joke was this!  Her hands fell to her hips as she observed the strange panicked ... thing that was offered before her.

"And just what is this, merchant?  Is this some sort of joke?"  Her left eye, black and seemingly lifeless, shimmered with wild red streaks as she felt her anger rise from being duped by such a man.  "I knew you were a fool but I didn't think you'd be this far gone.  What use to me is a puny little pest like this gonna be?"  She gestured towards the growling creature that glared out at her with piercing green eyes.  As it lunged with a hiss, she managed to catch a glimpse of it's profile.  It was a species she'd never seen before, though from it's feline like qualities and similarities to the native Kuhnas, she'd guess it was some sort of subspecies from that line.  Admittedly her interest was sparked by the prospect of a never before seen species of Kuhna but it would be of little use to her.  Just another mouth to feed.

[4]  [3]  [1]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 04/15/2014 1:58 PM

The Grim leaned against the cage, resting his skull on his propped arm, then tapping it thoughtfully with the other.  "Now now, m'dear, it's not nice to judge by appearances.  This little guy was actually quite the challenge to track and catch.  Clever as a fox, stronger than the average Kuhna, and exceptionally quick on his feet.  Took me days to finally cage the bugger and it wasn't without hassle.  Certainly a fine prize worth the effort."  His claws sank lower to drag across the bars, screeching faintly enough to make both Tara and the caged feline wince, it growling loudly with a small yowl at the end in protest.  "However ..."  He paused long enough to sigh wistfully.  "He's become a burden.  He's kept me awake with horrible meowing and wailing, he eats like a hog, and every interested client is deterred by his sour attitude.  I figured I'd get more out of him pawning him off on you rather than selling his corpse for a small fortune."  He shot a smile towards the silent woman.  

Unimpressed and rather unamused by his words, Tara merely raised a brow in a questioning manner.  With a slight shrug she shot him a challenging stare.  "Well, I can't help you there.  I don't buy back the animals I'm catching to sell myself, you know that.  Having to lug around such a bothersome cat would only hinder me when I'm working."  She had no permanent home or any sort of housing accommodations to keep this thing in.  Her work took her all over the continents, any season, time, day, in any weather, she had to be flexible in that regard to get a paycheck; The title of 'Hunter' wasn't taken lightly and anything that would upset her balanced lifestyle would keep her out of a job.  Her line of work was a dangerous gig that depended on her having a clear and level head about her to be efficient.  Having an aggressive need-to-be-caged creature tag along that was sure to make a lot of ruckus?  It was a no go.  

"I'd rather you just sell him for fur and find me something I could actually use, like a tranquilizer gun or steel cable that a Gyrophant couldn't break."

[5]  [4]  [2]
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate