A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Running from the Past (Private; Shadowstiches & I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/25/2013 9:37 AM

(okay. now I'm really back. sorry, the last weeks of school and....all the future planning really took their toll on me, I'm afraid. but for now, I have some free time on my hands (more or less) and, like I said, am back for real ;))

He smiled mildly "only at the beginning" he tried to encourage her "you have to consider that you are 'traveling' at high speeds. you have to get used to it first, but it will be easier once you tried it a few times."

he titled his head slightly. "now. if you feel up to it, I'd like to try out a bit...strange, maybe." he said it in a calm tone, hoping not to frighten her at his request. "I want you to come at me and try to attack me. I know,
you most likely have never fought before, but you will have to, sadly." he straightened himself slightly "I know its a bit radical. but all I want to see is how well you are...lets say accustomed  to your vampire powers and instincts, so I can teach you better." he added quickly "dont be shy. no one's going to get hurt...think of it as a sort of...game if it helps you"

(ugh...sorry XD)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/14/2013 9:05 PM

Queenie offered a small smile, wishing this was easier. When she had run away, she hadn't expected this. But if she wanted to keep her freedom, she would have to pay the price. "Okay, but I can't wait for that day," she said softly as she regained her energy.

"A-attack you?" She said in a squeaky whisper. Having never attacked anyone, she didn't want to get hurt, nor injure Daren if she was stronger than she thought she was. "I don't want to," she admitted shyly with a shake of her head. But as she thought about it, what Daren said made sense. How could she learn if he didn't know what to teach her?

She hesitated a few more moments before attacking the man. Queenie didn't really know what to do, so she just sort of leaped and tried to pin him to the ground with as much force as she could. She threw her entire weight into it, her hands going for his arms to pin down and her legs sort aiming to straddle his waist to pin him. All in all it was a very awkward attack, and she found herself quite embarrassed.

(hehe, it's alright. I've been quite busy myself.  :oops: ))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/18/2013 1:21 PM

Daren managed to catch one of her arms, and was quite positively surprised that she went for it without too much hesitation. actually, he almost got thrown of balance, but managed to use the momentum to turn
around his own achsis, and basically turn the sides. He did not let them hit the floor tho, but rather held
Queeny  with his one free arm. For a bystander, it must have looked like a very weird dancing pose.

He let her go when she had a solid stand, and nodded slightly. "Not a bad thought, for the beginning." he said. "But you leave yourself completely  vunreable when trying to tackle someone. also, if you indeed manage to pin someone down that way, you still find yourself very close to them on the ground, and you have a problem if that someone manages to wiggle free."  he smirked. "or he manages to turn the stakes for his favor, like i did." He took a careful step closer to her. "Now. to begin with, we will focus on trying to throw your opponent of his feet, without too much effort and, more importantly, without you landing on the ground with him."

He very carefully took her hand, not to startle her, and placed it on his  shoulder, and told her to grab his other elbow with her other hand. "Now. try to pull me to the left and down, and place a foot behind my foot closer to you, and pull it forward. that way, you should very easily throw me to the ground" he looked at her encouragingly.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/19/2013 12:04 PM

Queenie was caught off guard as Daren took hold of her arm and prevented her from attacking. She was immediately embarrassed and quickly looked away, a light pink creeping up her cheeks. She struggled for a moment to gain her balance on her own, regretting her attack method. "I guess that wasn't a good idea," she said sullenly with a glance back at Daren.

She listened carefully to Daren's advice and instruction. She really felt foolish, but if she thought about it, she didn't have any idea what she was doing. The other tasks she had tried felt more natural to her than attacking someone. She sighed quietly, pushing her hair back and putting on a brave face. "Okay," she said.

As she listened to Daren's instruction for the move he was trying to teach her, she wondered if she'd be able to do it. He was larger than she was. But she'd try it anyway. Queenie nodded as she took a hold of his elbow. She felt very awkward as she attempted her next move. "Okay," she repeated as she took several slow breaths.

Then she pulled Daren's elbow quickly down to the left and pushed his shoulder back with her other hand, all the while planting her foot behind one of his and pulling it toward her. This caught her off balance and she stumbled a bit when she finished the maneuver, but managed to stay on her feet.

((Sorry if this isn't too good, I've never really roleplayed fighting maneuvers before. XD))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/21/2013 3:16 PM

(dont worry, I'm not overly good at playing them either XDD
also, just a very short and boring reply, since I've just come home and am tired :/)

Since she succeeded with her maneuver, he soon found himself lying on the ground. "There we go" he grinned, before picking himself up and brushing a twig of his sleeve. "you could have done it even a bit more forcefully and quicker, but it did the trick." he looked at her, as if trying to figure something out. "I think we should
a few more of these kind of manouvers, and the try out something a bit more...well...damaging" he quickly added "Dont worry, we of course will not really hurt eachother, but you will learn how to truly disable your opponend, when it comes to an actual fight. Sadly, most will not simply lay still once you flipped them on their backs"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/22/2013 11:52 AM

Queenie let out a little squeal of excitement once she realized she had performed the task correctly. She immediately covered her mouth, a grin beginning to spread across her face. "I suppose I shouldn't do that in real combat after I've thrown an opponent on the ground," she said with a giggle she couldn't keep in.

She listened quietly to Daren's advice, taking in all he had to say. She really needed to remember such things if she were ever going to win a real fight. "Just so long as we don't hurt each other," she agreed. "I would feel terrible, especially after all you've done for me." She offered a smile, and then her work truly began.

When Daren was ready, Queenie began her attacks like she had just learned. They practiced for a good hour or so before Queenie felt she was ready to try something a little more difficult and damaging. It was a long hour filled with many tries, and varying degrees of successes and failures. She was really tired by the time they were finished, and sore in many places, but she didn't want to call it quits for the day yet. She wanted to learn some of these 'damaging' maneuvers.

"Okay," she said after her last successful attempt. "I think we should try something else now," she continued with a smile. She felt strangely confident in with the way she could move her body in attempts to throw down an opponent, and this seemed to give her self-confidence a little boost. She was grinning widely at Daren, hoping for his praise in her progress.

((It's alright!! And I hope this is alright. I wanted to speed up the fight-training a little bit. :oops: I think going play-by-play would get old quick. XP))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/05/2013 6:11 PM

(sure thing, was about to suggest that too, but...you where faster^^
and again, just a short one, and also fowarding a bit. I swear my muse will be back shortly...)

Daren was happy to see that she was doing quite well so far. sure, it was not perfect, but she was doing better then he first thought she would. When she asked him to teach her more, he himself was a bit tired, but tilted his head slightly before saying warmly. "I think we can move on too. You are doing quite well so far."
He stretched his back slightly, before continuing.

"There are two kinds of damaging an opponend I can teach you, and neither of them are pretty, but sadly both nescesarry, when fighting against a fellow vampire. First of course the physical damage, and second the 'psycic' one." he looked at her, as if trying to determine something. "But we will do only the basics on the first one today. You did good, yes, but the second part of this is extremely exhausting, hard to learn, and even a tiny bit dangerous. You had enough input as it is when we are done" he added. "Alright. now, when you are ready, we can begin"

He  first showed her the most vunreable points on the body, then moved on with a few hitting and kicking techincs, and ended with a few simple but grips and tricks how to dislocate joints or even break bones,
or otherwise inflict quite a mass of pain with minimal effort. All tho they of course where carefull, the second round got naturally a tad bit ruffer. By the time they finally called it a day, Daren looked quite disheveled,
but satisfied. throwing a quick glance at his watch, he looked up at Queeny. "Are you alright?" he carefully asked, hoping he did not push her too far today.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/02/2013 7:16 PM

After all the moves and tricks Daren had shown her, Queenie's eyes were shining with excitement. She had never known she was capable of such damage! And now that she had the knowledge, she felt ready to take on the world. Of course, she was not ready for that, but she didn't let that get her down.

Though she had to admit, she was tired and sore. Her hair was a mess, and her muscles ached from the excursion. She was covered in dirt and debris from falling many times when not performing a task right. But she was happy, and well on her way to being able to conquer her enemies.

"Yes, yes," she said excitedly. "Are you?" She returned the question sincerely.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/09/2013 5:12 PM

(jeeze. okay, this one might be clunky and short, but thats because I was not sure if I should already get the two characters we planned 'involved' I think they will need some time to find Queeny, so she has pretty much a lot of time at her hands to practice. hope this is okay^^')

Daren nodded. Surely, he was not feeling as fresh and bump-free as at the beginning of the night, but nothing bad happened to him. "all is okay, don't worry" he smirked, while watching her out of the corner of his eye, when they progressed home yet again. "you really did good. I must say I am quite surprised at the...vigor you put into fighting, when you where so hesitant at the beginning" he opened the door for her, but seemed to sto for a second, turning back to her. he looked a bit more serious now. "I dont want to worry you, but...I'm afraid tomorrow will be much less fun. for both of us"

Image[/url]
Daniel, the hulking, slightly obese vampire with his dull gaze, sat at the old wooden table and was currently staring at his partner vincent, as if he wanted to burn holes in his forehead. "why do we have to catch that little brat again?" he whined, his voice surprisingly high for a man his size. "I mean...cant Serkan just catch an other one or something?" He hated the fact that they had to track behind a runaway vampire maid for their boss...then again tho, he hated everything to do with work. and much to his dismay, this promised to become a LOT of work...

(you can time jump with Daren and Queeny again if you want. I wanted to do that too at first, but I've got a small...surprise planned, and I think it works better a bit later^^)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/09/2013 5:55 PM

((Yes, that's excellent. I forget about having to bring them in. XD But it seems like as good a place as any!))

"Well, I can't wait for it," Queenie told Daren. She was actually really excited about the moves she was learning. It invigorated her and made her feel more confident in herself. They went back to the house then, and Queenie turned in for the night after feeding.

Vincent's answer was quick, "Because Serkan wants us to," he told his partner eagerly. Vincent was ever grateful to Serkan, and it was because of him he had been granted vampirism in his older age. Slightly balding, Vincent had a round stomach from years of drinking alcohol. He was shorter than Daniel, but not less deadly.

Vincent was moving around the little room at the moment gathering weapons and supplies they would need for the journey. "We have to leave soon," he told Daniel. But he knew Daniel didn't want to go, he never did. But Vincent was always eager to complete tasks. He secretly wished for a new partner, but would never request one. No, such a thing would make him seem ungrateful to his Master.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/13/2013 2:58 AM

The next evening, when they got ready, Daren looked a bit...unhappy. He did not want to hurt Queeny,
and what they where about to train was pretty...unpleasant to say the least. But it was nescessary.
"Before we go out tonight, I suggest we stay here for part of the training." he said to the eager young vampire.
"I dont want to alarm you, but this will be...a lot less fun then last night, and quite exhausting. So I would prefer to stay in a a little more protected area then a open clearing" he watched her carefully "the good news is: we'll recover from it quickly, and it does not leave any...scratches or bruises" //at least no physical ones//
he added in his thoughts. motioning to her to take a seat,he explained quietly. "You do remember our little conversation via thoughts? when you send me the image that night? well...this sort of mind games can be used in battle too, to create distractions." he stopped, his eyes growing darker "and there is the abilty of mind reading and, if the vampire is powerful enough,even altering." it was obvious what he thought of vampires who broke into the mind of others. "And I have the right assumption about Serkan, he might try exactly that. So we have to tell your mind how to protect itself from being 'broken in'" he leaned back slightly. "it is...like I said, very unconfortable tough. do you feel up for it?" half of him hoped she would answer no. breaking into the thoughts of someone forcefully, even if it was for training, and he of course would never really go deep into them, was to him a very unconfortable thing to do.  
-------------------------------------------------
Daniel groaned lowly. "cant this guy do anything for himself?" he asked unhappily, watching his eager partner
buzzing around the room. In Daniel's slow mind, Vincent always had a uncanny similarity to a worker bee.
Always jumping when asked to do something, and never questioning it. Daniel himself thought that he was smart for asking questions, and sometimes minimally rebell. but really,  it was just because he would use any excuse to not go out and do something. after a short time of moping around, he fianly looked like he as about to get up "fiiine..." he lifted his weight a bit, then sank back on the bench "just 5 more minutes."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/26/2014 10:50 PM

Queenie awoke the next evening feeling sore, eager, and a little nervous for what the night ahead would bring. She wanted to practice more of her combat moves, but learning a little bit of everything at first seemed ideal. Maybe she could hone in her skills later. She was very grateful to Daren for educating her and teaching her things that gave her a boost in confidence even if she wasn't very good at them. Just knowing she could do it was enough.

Even as Daren motioned for her to take a seat, the young woman felt a rush of foreboding. Maybe she didn't want to hear what he had to say. Daren's manner had changed and it made her wary of what he began explaining. She took a seat as instructed and listened quietly, beginning to fidget with her hands. Was it really possible Serkan could read minds and manipulate them? She swallowed, remembering how some other servants acted in his presence.

"You-you'll know what I'm thinking?" She asked breathlessly. What if she couldn't keep Daren out? He'd know whatever she was thinking at the time and that made her nervous. "Is it just like, reading my mind at the moment? Can you read into the past too?" She knew she had to do his with Daren. If she could block him, then she would have a chance with Serkan if he tried anything.

Queenie paused and lifted her now shaking hands to her wild hair to smooth it out and tuck the locks behind her ears. If she kept wringing her hands together she'd make them sore. Then she put her hands back in her lap, her eyes finding Daren once more. "I-I-I have to do it. I have to be strong," she finally said shakily.

Vincent stuffed whatever he thought they'd need into two larger backpacks. There was a lot of camping supplies like sleeping bags and a tent rolled up to be attached to the top of the backpacks. He was sure they'd be outside, because there was nothing but woods around the mansion. He stuffed blood bags into break proof containers to keep it from spilling as he shoved them into bags. The weapons he chose were knives, stakes and guns. He personally loved knives, but he'd use whatever it took to bring the little wench into custody once more.

He chose to ignore Daniel's grumbling, like he usually did. The oaf didn't understand the importance of getting things done quick. It would please Serkan if they returned the girl as soon as possible. He shuffled around some more, pulling hiking boots onto his feet. Then he grunted at Daniel's asking for 5 more minutes. He rolled his eyes and tossed a pair of boots to the other vampire, making sure they landed by his feet. Then he tossed a backpack at him, hoping it would land in the big guy's lap. He bent to tie his boots up and said, "We don't have five minutes. Boss wants this girl, and we gotta give her to 'im. He's too busy with other things to be busy tracking someone down. He probably just wants to punish her or somethin'. I'd like to see that." He smirked, showing off his crooked teeth and fangs.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 09/29/2014 10:14 AM

Daren looked at her"only if you can't keep me out. And no, I can "only" read your thoughts, not into your past" he answered truthfully "there are some who are able to do that, but it is very uncommon and, as far as I know,
even they do not use it often" he could not help to sight slightly. "I will try to take it as easy on you as I can, but
it will be uncomfortable. You or...rather your mind knows what to do to try to keep me out, so just follow your instinct in this case" He looked straight into her eyes, starting to concentrate. all tho he looked as if he was actually relaxing slightly, his mind was tensed and searched for her minds presence. Once he had located it, he only softly brushed it, making it seem very similar to the feeling it created when they had their 'mind conversations' before. soon after making himself noticed however, he started to 'push' invisioning her protective
barrier of her mind as a physical wall he tried to get through. He was trying to be slow and careful, but it was up to her to keep him out.

-------
Daniel gave a low growl when the backpack landed in his lap. Throwing his partner an other dirty look, he whined "fiiiiine..." one could tell that he was even more unpleased by the thought of camping outside in the woods, and he decidet that he would make Vincent's life miserable during their little hunting trip. He had to let of some frustration somewhere, right?  "I'm sure you would" he hissed, as he tied his boots, painfully slow just to tick his partner further of. "but who am i kidding. me too. just for making us run after her..." he grunted when he slung his backpack over one shoulder, scratching his stomach. "lets get this thing over with then, the faster I dont have to listen to your voice, the better" the last part was not as quiet as it could have been, as he shuffled towards the door, grumbling curses.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/01/2014 10:22 AM

Queenie nodded her head once. "Okay, I'm ready," she said before Daren started his assault. She hoped Serkan wasn't one of those people who could read her thoughts, past, and influence all of it. But he was her past now, and had been for a while. So maybe there was nothing new he'd be able to find. And if she only thought about little things, like her hair, maybe whoever was reading her mind wouldn't be able to influence her. But how would she know when someone was trying to get in and be able to think about something mundane?

It was then that Queenie felt the touch of Daren's mind against her. Her eyes widened as she stared back at Daren and she wrung her hands together nervously. The feeling was familiar, like when they'd shared thoughts, but then it changed and Queenie felt as if someone was pushing to get inside her head. First she closed her eyes in an effort to block it, breaking eye contact. But that didn't seem very helpful at all. She could still feel Daren's presence trying to push into her conscience.

She took a deep breath, stealing herself for the attack. She imagined a wall in her head around her brain. In her mind's eye she put up barbed wire and solidified the wall with cinder blocks. It helped to imagine that, but that didn't seem to push the force inside her mind away. It felt like a steady, gentle pressure was pushing to get into her head and she couldn't get it to stop. She tried to push back, but her wall was breaking. It was like a crack in her wall, allowing a leak of information. She didn't realize it at first, not noticing the information about the wall and her worries over what was going to happen slipping through.

Vincent rolled his eyes as his partner got ready, slowly but surely. "It'll be well worth it," he said in agreement to Daniel's first statement. However, Daniel's last comment spurred an anger in Vincent. "You think I like to listen to you grumble all day?" He puffed angrily. He glared at his partner and strode toward the door. Then he flung the door open, hoping it would bang off of Daniel somewhere. He didn't want to get physically aggressive with his partner because he could get in trouble for that. But he wanted to; he really wanted to. Today was just one of those days for anger. If pushed, he might even slug his partner, that would be satisfying. But for now, he hoped the door would do his dirty work.

The vampire took the steps down from the cabin and looked around. They were already in the wilderness, but the cabin they were in was a part of his Master's estate and wealth. He didn't know how or where to pick up the girl's trail, so he had to wait for Daniel. There were some things he needed his partner for. "You remember where boss said we could get her trail?" He called back to Daniel, staring into the distance and avoiding eye contact. There was a ragged old four wheel Jeep they could take if the trees weren't too dense, but Vincent didn't think that would be a good idea. What if it got stuck and they had to leave it? Boss would be angry.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 11/02/2014 1:08 PM

Daren took the information in he was able to extract from the little 'leak' in her barrier. he kept pushing, but
then stopped for a moment. The information 'leaking' to him was too little for her to notice. //not bad, the barbed wire is a nice touch. But as you can see, I already got a bit of information of your defense// he told her via thought transfer. //you have to concentrate. I am an intruder, I will steal your thoughts if you let me. so fight me// maybe this was a bit harshly put, but he wanted to see what she was willing to do to protect herself. He started a second assault on her mind barrier, a little more obvious and blunt, so she could react better, but thus also a little more violent.

What Queenie could not know was that this, with him being only a halfblood, was costing him quite a lot of energy. So he had more then one good reason wanting this lesson to end as soon as possible, for them both.
-------------

Daniel hissed when the door hit him. He had to use all of his willpower (which was pretty low) to not pounce at vincent and try to rip him to pieces here and there. //you minion...you worm! who do you think you are??// he thought to himself, but then calmed down considerably. first of, Vincent was his partner an could prove usefull at one point. second, Vincent would fight back, and he was not as weak as he looked. and third, and this was really the best reason to him, was the fact that trying to murder his partner would require him to actually do something physically exhausting, which he disposed with all his heart. so he only growled lowly and trudged into the wild behind Vincent.

"I think he said she went to the east...you know, where that old piece of crap well is?" he grumbled. The well itself was not too far away. it was more the distance Queenie put behind her that was worrying him. "Who knows how he supposedly knows that, but he said something about our chances being best there." There was underlying critic and doubt in his words, and he was not afraid to show them. Never the less, he looked into said direction, before giving the Jeep a almost mournful look. " I guess you are against taking the truck and making the trip a tiny bit less horrible, aren't you?"

(so sorry for the delay, but I'm really truely back now :3)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext