A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Heart Filled With Guilt and Mind Filled With Ash [P][M:E]

Postby Kylo » 01/12/2015 6:21 PM

He had been watching them for so long now. He didn't know why he kept checking in on them himself when he could easily ask his uncles, but he did. He'd watch them silently, safely hidden while they trained, when they were out getting food, when they came back from missions. He kept silent watch over them, as if to somehow make up for that fact that he was the worst parent ever.

Every time he looked at them he was overwhelmed with guilt, but never regret. He did not regret leaving them with his uncles, for he knew he would have never been able to care for them on his own. But he did feel guilt over it.

Red eyes watched the child that his uncles called Abyss from the shadows of the forest. He did not know why the child was out of the village right now, or what business he had out in the misty forest but here he was, alone. He suppressed a shudder at the thought of what could happen to him out here. The forest was not a safe place for anyone really. He had wrapped himself up in a genjutsu so tightly and so well done that he doubt anyone could ever see him unless they possessed sharingon, which he had quickly learned his children did not. He silently thanked the gods for that. One less heartache for them to deal with.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 294
Donate

Re: Heart Filled With Guilt and Mind Filled With Ash [P][M:E

Postby Saahs » 01/12/2015 6:34 PM

It knew Obito had been watching them. How long, it hadn't cared to notice until recently. Abyss had left the house to test and see if it would be pursued out here as well. It left a note saying "he" was going out for a moment of silence for thought. "He" did it quite often now. Even those treats of moments when its adoptive father would lose his grasp on reality and break down were no longer amusing as it wished they were. And it was normal for a disturbed child to want solitude, was it not? As far as Abyss knew and cared, no one suspected much. Its brother did, of course. If he revealed anything to Kakashi and the other Obito, it would leave. It would leave intact, while the host would be left mangled in every possible aspect.

Abyss came to a stop when it was deep in the forest, head lowered to stare blankly at the floor. And then it sat down amidst the thick foliage. Ash seeped into soil as it searched for Obito. Its true father.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/12/2015 6:46 PM

He tilted his head as he saw his child sit down in the dirt as if nothing was the matter. As if this was normal for him. He continued to watch in silence, puzzled but not yet alarmed. That was until he saw something move out from under the kid. Something that definitely was not a jutsu as there was no chakra. This was not good. In fact it was downright terrifying. How the heck does one do something without chakra? Even people outside of his village out in the rest of the world who used magic used something like chakra, that he could see. But this...this was just doing this of it's own accord.

What was that? And why on earth was it coming out of his son? And was it....it was coming towards him now. Like an ashen snake, weaving its way up the trunk. He stepped further away from it, but it continued to follow. It clearly knew where he was. Did that mean Abyss knew where he was as well?

He dropped the genjutsu and moved to another branch, still watching the boy. Would he turn to him? Try to contact him? Or was this all just in his head? His mind playing cruel tricks on him. He wouldn't doubt it. Both his father and his uncle had lost their sanity to the sharingon before. It really wasn't too far fetched that he'd lose his own.

Obito tried to calm his heart rate and control his breathing. He needed to remain calm. If it was in his head it would not hurt him, if it wasn't well he had to be prepared to fight it. Whatever it was. It looked like ash, and well if there was one thing that destroyed ash it was water. He formed the seals for a simple water jutsu his father had taught him years ago and released it on to the ash. A large bubble of water enveloped it as Obito skipped away to another branch. Watching, waiting.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 01/12/2015 7:17 PM

It knew precisely where Obito was now. If one were to sit in front of Abyss, they would see that his right eye socket was empty now. Disintegrated and amidst the ash tracking the older man down. But from behind, it simply looked like the teen was meditating. Certainly not like it was searching for someone with nothing but ill intent. It owed its father a hello.

The ash quickened as Obito dropped the genjutsu. Stop running away. The ninja hopped to a different branch, and Abyss' one eye opened, once again where it should be. Then its head turned abruptly to look directly at Obito. It didn't move from where it sat, not yet. Not until Obito moved to another branch did the "boy" stand up, always facing the other. It was not letting him leave with a peace of mind. Not a single one.

In the blink of an eye, Abyss dissolved into the ash, snaking up the tree swiftly. It reformed save for some of the segment that had been soaked. What soaked ash was left had not been part of Abyss' host, which was not vulnerable to water. The speed at which he moved should had been impossible without a jutsu, but there he was, crouched on the same branch his father. It tilted its head, lower teeth exposed in a slack expression as it bored its gaze into the other. It was about time the man actually met his son.

Hello, father.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/12/2015 10:27 PM

If he were an older man with a weaker heart he would have dropped dead from fright. Those words didn't come from his son's mouth that much he knew. So where? How? And father? How did he know? There was no possible way for him to know that. His uncles would never tell him, right? So how did he?

And to second in the how did he, how the fuck did he just get up here!? How the actual fuck did he move so fast that the sharingon barely saw it? Just barely. He didn't even have enough time to move. Just bam, there is a strange child in front of him baring his teeth in a disturbing fashion and speaking without speaking. He drew a kunai and backed up slightly. This was too much for him right now. Far too much, far too fast.

"How do you know that....?" Obito whispered as he stared wide eyed at his child. His child. Oh gods. Oh gods what had he done to have had his child turn out like this? What had he done!?

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 01/14/2015 11:07 AM

The fear hit Abyss like a wave of terrible rejuvenation. It breathed it in, eye still boring into its sire. As Obito drew a kunai, it glanced down at the weapon, its grin falling for a moment. Only for it to reform in the slightest of smiles, and looking back up at the man. This man was so intent on keeping watch over his own children, yet dreaded being watched himself. It was the small things in life, Abyss had always said. The small things, like shattering the one little security your father had in his life. It longed to know just what atrocious things occurred to make the mere presence of this person's own child so... Devastating.

You left us, it started, leaning forwards to close the distance Obito had made between them. With an apathetic man and his mad dog. Abyss' one eye narrowed. They break easily without anything even pushing them. It drew closer to Obito, head tilted up to watch the other. There was a terrible flame of hatred in the child's gaze. So I'll ask you something now.

How did you not see this coming?

The younger ninja drew back, its teeth bared in a silent scream as needles of ash plucked up from around him and shot towards Obito. Do you even know our names?! Abyss knew well the power behind anguish, rage, and abandonment. It would make sure its father would know that power, too.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/14/2015 11:48 AM

He couldn't move as Abyss drew closer. He was too afraid, too hurt to move. He had done this, all of this. It was all his fault. Everything was his fault and he could never atone for his sins. The only thing he could do was accept his child's rightful rage. He deserved his hatred, he deserved whatever the child wanted to do to him. Even it meant dying.

"I thought they'd love you...when I couldn't. I couldn't love you enough, even though I wanted to. I still want to," he said softly.

Needles flew towards him and his body moved of it's own accord from years of training, kunai blocking and deflecting them against it's owner's will.

"Your name is Abyss, and your brother is Tarana."

He stood there, and he felt his eyes grow moist with unshed tears. He wanted to reach out to his son, to hold him, to tell him that he was wrong. That he had always been wrong. That his fear was unwarranted. They were not their father. They were nothing like their father, and never would be.

"I deserve your hatred...I was so weak. All I could see in your faces was him. What he had done to me, what he would have done to you both if I hadn't given you to them. How would have used you, corrupted you. Hurt you. I couldn't let that happen. You were both innocent of this all. You had done nothing wrong and you deserved to be loved, both of you. I didn't know who to turn to. But I trusted my uncles to never ever let him near you two. to keep you both safe from him, when I couldn't. To be strong where I was weak. I thought they would love you. No amount of I'm sorry's can ever make up for me leaving you both."

He was crying now, but he didn't deserve to. Not when this was all his fault. He had done this to them, him and him alone.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 01/15/2015 1:19 AM

The child loomed over the man, all the fury and grief such a small body could muster just spilling out. You want to? Its lower teeth were shown as it ground them against the upper. You WANT to? I appreciate your honesty, father. I WANTED to love you too. It lurched and opened its mouth wide in another soundless shriek. Thanks for making it clear I shouldn't give you even a SLIVER of my love!

Abyss was going to drain as much pain from this sad excuse of a man as it could. It couldn't wait to drop cover. Maybe Obito would drop dead by the end of it all? It hoped so.

Sad that you didn't learn that by giving us the names yourself. Once just a few needles had at least nicked Obito, the rain of ash relented, slithering back out of sight. I named myself, you bastard.

Yes, cry. I want to see you break. I want to break you all. Every. Single. One of you. Abyss' eye narrowed as its father began to weep. And then he began to explain. Explain the one thing that Abyss had just been dying to know. What gave me the privilege of taking this brat? Its head tilted down, the anger and spite building up again.

You deserve it, Abyss started, And it will be all I feel for you. It lowered down to a crouch to be eye-to-eye with Obito. Its lips drew back as it searched Obito's face. Who is 'he'. What did he do. What made me what I am, father?!

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/15/2015 7:03 PM

That wasn't want he meant. He meant that he didn't love them enough. Not yet. But he wants to, more than anything he wants to love them with all of his heart and soul. But it was too late, what was said was said and his son hated him now. But he didn't blame him, could never blame him. He deserved this after all.

He unconsciously shrunk back as the last words were screamed at him so close to his face. It made his head spin, and then ache as he registered their meaning. He'd have to tell him the truth. He'd have to tell him where he came from and it hurt him like nothing else. Bits and pieces of the night flashed back through his mind vividly, while others were still fuzzy, still hazy, even after all of these years he still couldn't remember the actual assault and it made him feel ill.

"He...he is Itachi Tanaka. My...My twin brother," he felt vile just even saying those words. Almost vile enough to vomit, but he did his best to keep the contents of his stomach in his stomach.

"For years he manipulated me into sleeping with him. When I turned eighteen I said I had enough and moved out and away from him. We fought and this upset our father. Itachi, he came to me and asked me to meet him somewhere to discuss everything and to move on, he said for father's sake."

He took a deep breath and steadied himself mentally before continuing on.

"I got there and he...he drugged me. I can't remember what exactly he did to me, but I woke up naked with him on top of me. He told me he gave me fertility drugs, that I was pregnant. He wanted us to be a family. For me to stay with him. I told him that would never happen, that I would get an abortion."

He looked into Abyss' eye with sorrow and, love. There was love there. The fear was receding because his worst fear was already true. His son hated him, and rightfully so.

"But I didn't. I couldn't. Because part of me, part of me loved you both and wanted you to have a chance to live. But when you were finally born I knew I couldn't give you enough love. I couldn't give you the life you deserved. I could still see his face in yours and I couldn't bear it. I knew I'd never be a good parent to you both. That a part of me would always see him. So I gave you to the only people I could trust. I still want to love you with all of my heart and soul. I want to give you both everything, but it's too late now."

Obito wanted to sob, to sob until he was numb, until he broken and felt nothing anymore. Because feeling nothing was better than to feel all of this guilt, all of this pain, all of this suffering. But he'd never get that opportunity, because part of him knew that he'd die long before he broke for good. And part of him suspected that he wouldn't even leave this forest alive. But that would be okay, because he deserved it, or at least in his mind he did.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 08/04/2015 12:06 PM

Abyss waited, waited for every word to spill out of Obito's miserable throat. Waited for the silence to settle in around them. It took in the visible love mingling with despair and, despite it wishing to grin wide, seethed. So that's what we are, it concluded. That's the filth that resulted in our making. Slowly, Abyss stood upright, eye trained still on its host's father. It was all things it already knew to be truth, but it was all the more sweeter to hear out of the very mouth of the person who wanted to run away from it most.

It stood there, soundlessly and wordlessly. A cloud of ash rose from where the needles had fell, slithering back to their master and encircling it close to the ground. The hiss of each particle grinding against was another was music to Abyss' ears. From the depths of its being, a horrid metallic screech began to develop. Similar to a scream no doubt, but not of shock, not of disgust or terror. But one of pure loathing. Amidst the sound, which soon proved to become an overwhelming din, Abyss' telepathic voice broke out once more. What reason would you give me, FATHER, that I shouldn't flay you where you grovel?

Taking a step back, the ash cloud writhed and began to form a thin string around Abyss. Why shouldn't I erase your existence? Both of yours? The demon lowered back down, kneeling in front of Obito. I could erase our faces from your thoughts. Forever. I have been given no love and I can feel no love. So take it as whatever kindness or cruelty as you wish. Its lips curled into a grimace and stepped further back. And I could keep the treachery that created my brother and I to myself. He doesn't have to know.

Something akin to realisation lit up in its one eye. In a breath, the deafening screech died away, leaving terrible silence. Or maybe I'll tell him.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 08/04/2015 1:00 PM

"I have no reason. I deserve whatever you wish to do to me," he answered softly. If he was dead at least he could never hurt them again. He wouldn't fight or protest. No, he would dutifully accept his much deserved punishment.

He looked up into Abyss's eye and saw the loathing there. It tore him apart, ripped out what little was left of him still, and left him feeling empty. He was just a hollow husk now, so really nothing mattered anymore.

When he thought there was nothing left that could hurt him, Abyss hit home again. And pain rushed back to fill his soul.

"Why? Why would you do that to him? I dont care what you do to me, but why would you hurt him too?"

Didn't Abyss care for Tarana? Or was he simply a tool to hurt him?

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 08/04/2015 1:26 PM

There it was, a spark of new-found agony and dread that washed over Obito's face. Just as Abyss had anticipated that last threat would. It stared harshly down at the miserable being, lips unmoving. He's my brother. Whatever feelings that could resemble love that I may bear, it'd all be for him. Its expression darkened and a weaker keen of metal against metal arose from around it. That's what the truth does is hurt. But it isn't my goal to hurt him.

The demon turned and started to walk away from its father. We both deserve answers. We deserved them years ago.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 08/08/2015 5:32 PM

Obito took a deep, shaky breath before bringing himself to his feet. He didn't want Tarana to hurt as well, but if it had to be done then he would rather be the one to tell him himself. Let Tarana direct his anger at him, rather than his brother. After all this was all his fault.

"Let me tell him. So he may do what he wishes to me," he called after Abyss.

He went after him, this was his burden to bear, not his son's. He needed to do this, no matter how much it hurt.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 08/08/2015 6:14 PM

That made Abyss pause. He'd tall Tarana himself, would he? The demon turned its one eye to Obito, silence stretching as it searched his face. The thread of ash dissipated into an idle cloud around Abyss' form. Slowly, its head bowed in agreement. Very well.

Abyss turned to face Obito, waiting for him to catch up. I take it you know where to find him? Its head tilted to the side. Or was that why you started to follow me.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer