A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Re: Running from the Past (Private; Shadowstiches & I)

Postby jobiehanna » 12/11/2014 10:05 PM

Queenie's eyes widened in surprise when Daren spoke to her. Apparently she wasn't doing a good enough job of protecting her mind. She nodded her head in response and squeezed her eyes shut even tighter as she tried to concentrate. She could feel his renewed assault on her mind, and had to think of a way to stop him.

As his mind went against hers, she imagined a cement wall. She put the barrier up quickly and strongly, focusing on nothing but the barrier. She also focused on keeping her information locked away from Daren, rather than just the wall. She pushed against him then, hoping she would be strong enough to send his attack away. She felt like she was pushing a gust of find toward Daren to push him out.

"Oh, are you sure it's east?" Vincent scowled, angry at himself for not remembering what Boss had told them. He'd been so excited for the task that he hadn't caught the rest of what he had been told. Because Vincent didn't trust Daniel, he was always questioning the other, even if he was right. Then he nodded, not wanting to pick a fight. "Yeah... he just knows his stuff," he decided to say. He trusted what Boss said, and Daniel could usually be counted on for things like remembering directions. At least in Vincent's experience with the other henchman.

"Yeah, no truck. The trees are too close together. It would also give us away. That engine is so loud. Gotta get it fixed," he said, mumbling as he finished off the sentence. As happy as he was to get started, he wasn't sure which was east was. He scowled again, turning to Daniel after taking a look around the area. "Which way is that?" He grunted out, not happy to have to ask the other such a simple question.

((It's okay! I just finished finals, so I finally have time to get back to rping. :)))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/14/2014 2:43 AM

(yay! good to hear that :D
this one will be a short one tho...sorry :/)

When She put up her defenses and started a counter attack, Daren was not about to prod much longer.
First, because he was pleased with her efforts for now, and second because he could feel it draining his energy too. If they trained a bit more, he was convinced that she would at least stand a chance against such an attack. He stopped his attack, smiling a bit groggily. "Much better" he told her, directly now. "of course, if someone tries to do something like that to you, they wont warn you beforehand. you know what it feels like now, tho" sighing, he leaned back "again. I'm sorry that we have to practice this. But I dont know what this Serkan is willing to do to you, and I'd rather have you prepared." hoping that this did not shake her up too much, he asked carefully "how do you feel?" if she was good, they would continue with their physical training soon...

Daniel just huffed at Vincents comentary about their boss. He rolled his eyes, glaring at the vehicle "figures.
but yeah, you might be actually right. for once" he could not bite back that last comment.
A sadistic smile spread on the fat vampires face. "oh Vincent...after all these years?" he pointed up at the night sky, checking it with a slightly furrowed brow. He did look even less clever then usually. but matter of fact was that he was very good at directions and tracking. after studying the stars for a moment, he turned and pointed at a group of trees "that direction. lets hope that little brat did not get too far"
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/15/2014 11:54 AM

Queenie smiled, glad that they were getting somewhere with their training. However, the groggy smile he offered raised concern within her. It hadn't occurred to her that the training would have its affects on Daren. But he was still talking, focusing on her and how she was feeling. In fact, she did feel a little tired, a slight headache forming in the back of her mind from the exertion.

"Okay," she responded, a small smile on her face. "I understand, and he really is a v-vicious vampire, so anything is possible. I'm just glad you're helping me." She felt more confident in herself now, especially with Daren. He was being nice to her, even if he didn't necessarily have to. "I feel... Well, my head hurts a little... What about you? Are you... alright?"

Vincent puffed up about Daniel's admission, but at his next sentence he was bristling. He mumbled under his breath, but followed Daniel's finger up to the sky, looking at the stars. He couldn't remember what they all were or what they meant. He couldn't recognize constellations either. So he was glad that Daniel was good at that sort of stuff. "Thanks," he grumbled before trudging off to the stand of trees. Then he added to his partner, "She couldn't have. She's weak and doesn't know much." He chuckled to himself, hoping this would be an easy hunt and catch.

((hehe, yup. Glad you're back in the game too. :D))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/16/2014 2:19 AM

Daren smiled re assuringly. He was happy that she felt that way. Of course they still had a long way ahead, but seeing her encouraged was much better then her being unsure and scared. "I'm okay, dont worry. a bit dizzy and there's also some headache, but that is to be expected"

He did his best to not worry her. In fact, he was feeling better already.However the whole ordeal was more draining then he expected, and he knew that he would have to get some blood into his sistem soon. Nothing he looked forward to really. Because of his mixed genes, he could go much longer lenghts without drinking. it also ment however that it had the opposite effect on him. Where full blood Vampires refuled their energy emidietly while feeding, it got much worse for him before it got better. He decidet to drink it after their training right before going to bed. he would have to skip work as his butler job the next day, but that would be okay once in a while.

"Once you are ready, we can proceed with the training outside" he stated.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Daniel scanned their surroundings cautiously, carefull nit to miss a hint. "hehe, that is true again. maybe this wont be too horrible after all." He seemed oddly otimistic about the whole thing. but then, every even tiny promise of less work made the lazy mans brain leap with joy. Now. If he did not have to do it in the first place, or had a different partner that would be even better. oh well, you could not always have everything...

(do you want to skip ahead a few days again, or do you want to rp a bit more of the training? both is fine with me :D)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/18/2014 11:42 AM

Queenie nodded, a smile of relief on her face. "Oh, okay," she said in response. She really was glad Daren wasn't doing too bad, with how hard they had been working. It was easy to forget that he was not a full blooded vampire like she was, and these things might affect him differently. However, he didn't seem to be making a big deal of it, so she was sure he would be alright. He knew himself better than she did, after all.

After resting with her eyes closed for about a half hour, Queenie was ready to go outside and practice some more. "Okay, I'm ready," she told Daren. "Just... let's go easy today. After this morning I don't want to push too hard..." She stood up and brushed herself off, ready to go.

Vincent nodded, knowing he was right. There was no way their prey could have gotten far, and she should be easy to catch. They weren't allowed to kill her, but Serkan had mentioned nothing about not breaking a bone or otherwise hurting her to get her to come with them, should she put up a fight. There were two of them, and one of her anyway. If worse came to worse, they could knock her out or something. It all sounded like it could be a lot of work, but Vincent was prepared.

He followed a step behind Daniel, not wanting to lead them in the wrong direction on accident. He kept his eyes peeled and his lips shut. He didn't want to miss a sound or a sight. So far their had been nothing, but they were not close to the old abandoned well yet.

((Sorry, I thought I'd responded to this one, lol. xD Yes, skipping a few days is fine. :) Over the few days they can practice more fighting techniques, and the stuff they've already gone over, if that's alright. I think Daniel and Vincent would get close to them in that amount of time too... ))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/21/2014 2:01 AM

A few days passed, and their training got continiously harder. Daren was proud of Queeny however. She made good progress, and, most important of all, was determinded and did not allow little failures stop her. While she was pretty good already, he really hoped that she woukd hold up in a real fight. It was a whole other thing if you where practicing and knew a attack was coming then he chaos and unpredictable nature of a real attack.
He Decidet to not let it worry him too much tho...

What further slowly crept into his mind was the thought of where she would go after a while. Their training was not close to over yet, but she could not stay here and sleep on the couch forever. Sadly, so far he was kind of a hermit at least in terms of Vampire society. He knew a few, but would not consider any of them friends.

Today tho, he decidet that they both deserved a break from their relentless training.
"I think you really deserve a night off" he told her in the evening. "You are a very good student, Queeny, but a bit of relaxation is as impotrtant as practicing. we could just take a walk, or go to the next town, if you want to" he stopped, before adding "or, if you prefer to have some alone time, that would be fine too"

----------------
"it has been days!" Daniel growled loudly, kicking a thick branch in frustration. The branch flew a few meters and crashed into a nearby tree with a dry crack, starteling a few crows. "Honestly vincent, this is bull. We should have come across her by now" he turned to his partner in frustration "you have to have the same questions as me. why doesnt Serkan just go out and catch a new maid or whatever for him? would be much easier for all of us." he huffed frustrated "for all we know, whe might burned to a crisp because she was to dumb tof find shelter during the day or something"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/05/2015 11:29 AM

Queenie was exhausted from their days of training, but she didn't give up. She pushed on, testing her limits. She practiced whenever she could, and enjoyed learning new things. With each day her confidence grew, even if she was tired. She didn't seem so shy or afraid anymore, but the threat of Serkan still hung in the air.

Queenie was surprised, but glad, when Daren offered her a night off. She wasn't sure how much longer her body could take the training, even though her mind was itching for more. "Thank you," she responded to his compliment, heat flowing to her cheeks.

"Oh, um..." she didn't mind Daren's company at all, and actually felt safer in his presence. "We can walk, I guess," she told him. "I-I don't want to be alone," she admitted after a silence. The fear was raising it's head again, and Queenie couldn't help the comment.

"Be careful, if she'd near us we don't want her to hear us," Vincent growled at his partner. It had been days since they'd picked up the trail, but it seemed they'd lost it. They were lost in the Whisper Forest, probably miles from civilization. Even Vincent was beginning to question his master. "We'll search a few more days," he told Daniel, anger causing his voice to rise. "She's here, I can feel it. Master will be happy. We don't question Master, he has a good reason," the man said adamantly. He had to keep telling himself that, or he would be just like Daniel. If they came back empty handed, he didn't want to know what Serkan would do. Vincent had served faithfully, and he didn't want some little girl to ruin it all and cause him to be kicked to the curb or murdered.

"Come on, this way," he told his partner, heading off in a random direction.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/12/2015 4:54 PM

(sorrym just a slightly uninspired one...
but...they could have a run-in soon ;) what do you think?)

Daren only nodded slowly. He could understand her fears. In his younger years, he had to flee himself, all tho it seemed quite harmless compared to what Queeny had been and still was going through, The idea of feeling threatened still was present in his mind tho. "Alright then. Lets go and clear our heads a little"

It was a beautiful night indeed. Clear sky and a new moon, the white sickle contrasting starkly with the dark sky above them. They had been wandereing in comfortable silence for a bit, each going after their thoughts.
When they reached the border of the forest, Daren turned his head to his 'student', looking at her with an impression hard to place. mostly concerned tho. "I have been thinking a lot these past few days" he started carefully. "while you are making great progress and I am sure you can defend yourself, at least for a while, by now, we still have to consider that Serkan is actively searching for you" He made a short pause "I think we should start looking where you can hide soon. somewhere safer, untill...we find a somewhat safe way to deal with Serkan"

--------------
Daniel crunched his nose in disgust. Vincent just reached an other level of pathetic-ness in his eyes.
/spineless worm/ he cursed in his mind, but before he could actually say those words, and many more much uglier ones, Vinent suddently stormed of. Surprised, the other Vampire followed suite, trying to catch up.
While closing in, he suddenly slowed down. "hey. hey!" he hissed. "do you hear that?"
he thought that he heard a voice, and someone or...something moving. very faintly and far away, but he cloud have sworn there was something

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/14/2015 11:22 AM

Queenie nodded and followed after Daren. She hoped they wouldn't get lost as the wandered aimlessly through the forest. But it was Daren's place, so she put her faith in him that they wouldn't get lost. She worried about Serkan lurking in the shadows, and what would happen if he just showed up. Would he kill her? Recapture her? The thoughts made her shiver. At least the sky was pretty tonight.

She stopped beside Daren when they reached the edge of the forest. "Well, um, I guess so. Your place seems pretty safe though," she admitted. She didn't want to leave Daren yet. He was a good teacher, and she'd begun to think of him as her friend as well. "I don't know where else I'd go," she added after a moment.

Vincent paused a moment at Daniel's request. He listened intently for a few moments. At first he didn't hear anything, but then he did. The soft murmur of words drifted on the wind and he could hear some movement as well. He turned to Daniel, excitement in his eyes. "I do," he exclaimed, "I do hear something, let's go." The vampire then set off after the sounds he was hearing. They sounded far away. Whoever it was could help them find Queenie, he guessed. If not they would be sorry.

((It's okay. :3 Yes, an encounter soon would be lovely. I also think it would be hilarious if the henchmen discovered some kind of wild animal before they found Queenie and Daren though. They'd be furious but I think it'd be good fun. xD))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/22/2015 12:05 PM

(haha yes, that would be fun for shure XDD)
Daren looked at her, something almost sad flickered in his eyes. After their time together, he himself was slowly growing a bit attached to the young Vampire. He was not usually one to easily make friends. He was polite and got along with a lot of people, but he had his problems with actually getting to know people better. Sighing he carefully said "I...I know. and I really did not want it to seem like I want to make you leave my home." he stopped, furrowing his forehead slightly "I'm just afraid that they may find you faster if you stay at one spot for too long." a small smile formed on his lips again "however, untill we figure this out, you of course can stay at my house" He decidet to leave the matter for now. it was their night of, and they could still break their heads over this issue tomorrow....or so he hoped.

Daniel set of right after Vincent, a predatory smile forming on is face. He could feel the thrill of the hunt crawling under his skin, making him feel alive once again, and helping him forget their horrible trip so far.
It did not really matter to him if it was Queeny or not right now. All that mattered was the hunt itself.
Running even faster, they were quickly approaching who or whatever was making the noise. By now, the poor buck that had been mistaken for Queeny rose its head an flicked its ears nervously, thinking that it heard something...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous