A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Recovery Is a Journey [P][M:R,V,L]

Postby Kylo » 05/11/2014 11:07 PM

He knew he had no right to go to them, not after he had dumped his unwanted children on them, but he couldn't take it anymore. He was reliving the same night over and over in his dreams and it was driving him insane. He felt that if he told someone, anyone, he would be able to move on. Unfortunately the only people he trusted not to force him to report it were the same people he had dumped his kids on.

Obito stood outside the door of his uncles' apartment and hesitantly knocked. He hoped that someone would be home to answer, otherwise he'd have to wait even longer to deal with the trauma his messed up brain seemed to think he needed to relive each night.

"U-Uncle Obito? Uh-uh it's Obi...I, uh, I need someone to talk to..."
Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: Recovery Is a Journey [P][M:R,V,L]

Postby Saahs » 05/27/2014 3:49 AM

It had been a hassle so far, taking care of children. Sometimes it was enough of a task just keeping tabs on himself, but he'd refused to look for someone else to look after them. Yes, he often would break down, lose his grip on the world, but they were his kin, no matter the reason the two had been left in his and Kakashi's hands. An explanation could be asked for later.

Or perhaps, it would be coming that very day, in the form of a feeble knock on the door.

Obito opened the door, and he was surprised by who stood there... though at the same time, he was expecting him. Obi.

The harsh he tended to have plastered on his face softened to vaguely reveal concern, head tilting as he looked Obi over, searching for a cause of the other's near tangible unease. "Obi, come in," he uttered, sidestepping from the doorway to allow his nephew entrance. The smell of brewing tea emanated from the kitchen. "Take a seat wherever you want."
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/27/2014 4:05 AM

"T-thank you...," he nervously replied as he ducked into the apartment. He made his way quietly to the couch and sat down as he fidgeted with his hands. He felt out of place, when he knew his children now lived here. He felt that he had been hiding from them and in truth he had.

"I need to talk about something that happened to me...but I need you to promise that you wont tell my father. He can't know about this, ever. It...it would break him."

Obito looked at his feet and tried to keep a hold of himself. He felt like crying and running to his uncle for help. He wished he was a child again where he could hide in his arms and wait for the fear to pass. But he was an adult now and he couldn't just run away from his problems, that wouldn't solve anything.

"I-it's about my brother...and what he did to me."

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/27/2014 4:25 AM

"Course," he said shortly, closing the door as Obi shuffled inside. He eyed the younger one over one more time before heading into the kitchen, then returning with a tray of two steaming cups of tea. He set the tray down on the table in front of the couch, close to in front of Obi as silent permission to take one of the drinks.

He nodded to Obi, eyes slowly blinking. "Alright," he said slowly, "I promise." He fell silent, waiting for his nephew to continue.

The ten simple words that came out of Obi's mouth made his stomach twist. Dread? Anger? Something else? All three? His teeth ground for a second before he collected himself, taking a small sip of his tea before setting the cup back down. In case his grip would have tightened and shattered it. "I see," he hummed low, looking at Obi once more. While his expression was by default pretty unapproachable, his eyes were soft, reassuring, and urging Obi to say what was clawing at his mind. "Take as long as you need, Obito."

He felt he was going to want to strangle someone by the end of this conversation.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/27/2014 4:37 AM

"It happened over nine months ago...well to accurate it started when I was fifteen." He reached out with shaking hands to take the tea. Its warmth helped to calm him slightly and he slowly took a sip.

"It started out innocent. We were just messing around. I knew it was wrong, we both did, but I wanted him to love me so I played along. At first it was just kissing...but he got bored with that."

Obito took another sip before setting the cup down.

"He started touching me back then, and I let him. I wanted him to love me so badly, I was willing to let him do things to me. I got older and he got more demanding, at wasn't until a little more than a year ago that I told him I was done. I moved out and avoided him. I started accepting more and more missions just to have an excuse to not visit home."

He took a deep breath to still himself as he had started to shake. Obito took the cup again and started to drink.

"But then one day he told me he wanted to talk, that he wanted to repair what he had broken. And I went to him. I shouldn't have."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/27/2014 5:03 AM

The more he heard, the more Obito bristled. It was hard not to. His nephew had been harmed. His nephew. Kin by kin. He was used to the concept of someone hurting their own family, but... This was different. Disgustingly different.

His eyes narrowed, his gaze still on Obi. If the poor lad didn't know any better, it looked as if Obito was livid with him. By the time Obi finished speaking, his fists were balled tight enough that his nails were stinging his palms.

But no words of anger came out, no reprimanding. Instead, his fingers uncurled, and he opened his arms slightly, offering an embrace if his nephew needed it. He wouldn't outright hug him in case that would only make things worse. And he wouldn't storm out to hunt down Itachi, no matter how much he wanted to. Right now, recovery was more important. Fixing what was wrongly broken needed to happen before breaking what deserved destruction.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. "You made a mistake, but it wasn't your fault.. If you need any thing, I'm here. Understand?" Comforting words were hard, and they came out through grit teeth. Still, they were genuine, though not as much as perhaps skinning Itachi alive would have been...

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/27/2014 5:25 AM

He watched his uncle tense and tried not to shrink away. He wasn't angry with him, was he? But then he opened his arms, offering him comfort. Obito scooted over and pressed against his uncle wanting to be held. He knew his uncle would never hurt him, that he would be safe here with him.

He relaxed as he spoke words of comfort and tried to hold back tears. He wanted to cry, but he was afraid to show weakness, every time he did he got hurt. He didn't want to be hurt anymore.

"I'm sorry I dumped my kids on you. I just...I can't stand to raise them. All I can see is Itachi when I look at them. I want what's best for them and I'm not that. I'm not that at all. I want to love them...I want to so badly but I can't."

He shuddered as he choked back a sob. His eyes stung as he tried to not let them water, but he couldn't hold the tears back.

"I feel so weak and helpless. I've killed people, but I couldn't even defend myself against my brother. I'm pathetic."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/27/2014 7:24 PM

He held Obi close, resting his chin on the younger's head. His expression fell blank, as it always did when reason battled with rage. If he couldn't help his nephew to recover, he would make Itachi pay.

"Maybe some day you can," he whispered, holding the back of Obi's head softly. "For now, they'll be well taken care of. I promise." Later he would have to realise he was going to have to do some more research on raising kids.

Obito could feel him trying. Trying not to break. And he knew what good that did. "... Obito. It's okay. You don't have to hold it in."

Silence took over as Obi finally began to quietly sob, and the feeling of dampness on his shirt confirmed that his nephew was crying now. It upset him, angered him more than he was already. It also made him feel a twinge of helplessness. There his nephew was, confessing to him that his own brother had forced himself upon him. What should he do?

"You're not pathetic," he stated, a little more sharply than he had meant. He shifted back to look Obi in the eyes. "It's happened to some of the strongest of people. This doesn't make you weak, Obito."

No, the pathetic person was Itachi. It was easy now to see in Obito's eyes that Itachi wasn't going to walk away from his actions. He was going. To pay.

"Is your place still safe? I don't think you'd want to stay here, given..." His eyes wander down a hall, staying on a closed door. "... But I could help you find somewhere to stay temporarily, if you need."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/27/2014 9:08 PM

He sniffed as his uncle leaned back to look him in the eyes. He knew his words were meant to comfort, but he couldn't but still hate himself for what happened. He had been careless and because of that he was stuck in this mess. A shinobi was supposed to always be alert and aware, but he had been anything but that. He let his guard down around someone he knew he couldn't trust.

"I should be safe at my apartment. He doesn't know where it is. And I've been setting up traps before I leave, just in case he does find it. I'm more worried about coming across him during missions."

He wiped his eyes and leaned back against his uncle again. He worried about the look in his eyes. He had only ever seen that look when he was planning something violent.

"You're not going to kill him, are you?" he asked nervously. He hoped his uncle wouldn't go that far, for his father's sake. Obito knew his father's sanity was waning and he doubted losing one of his children would help it any.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/27/2014 10:12 PM

"Okay.." Obito nodded slowly. That was a relief, but Obi had a point with the risk of running into Itachi... He shook his head, tilted downward. He had no idea what else to do. He couldn't just tail around behind Obi to make sure he'd be safe.

He blinked, looking at Obi. Wait, was he asking him not to kill Itachi? At the moment, his mind couldn't connect Itachi as his own kin. He was just scum who deserved to have their skin peeled off layer by layer--

Once more he shook his head, this time to get rid of the thoughts that, to him, were a thrill to imagine. It wouldn't help Obi. It would just make people dead. "... No, I'm not," he replied, voice wavering slightly from the reluctance.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/27/2014 10:47 PM

Obito sighed with relief and finally let go of his uncle. He leaned back and tried to gather himself back together.

"Thank you. Trust me....I want him to suffer too, but it would kill my father. That's why I can't ever let him know. It would break him."

He reached out to finish his tea as he looked back to where his children were. He felt the urge to see them, just to assure himself that he was making the right decision in leaving them here. While he didn't love them like he would like himself to, he did care about them. He worried about their health as he knew the risks that came from inbreeding.

"Can I- Can I see them?" he nervously gulped. He hoped that he wouldn't regret what he had done. He hoped that he was making the right decision in leaving them with his uncles.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/27/2014 11:28 PM

Obito nodded, taking in a breath. He wasn't going to kill Itachi, He wasn't. "I know. That's the only reason I'm forcing myself not to," he admitted.

He plucked his teacup up, slowly drinking its contents. His eyes followed Obito's gaze, and his shoulders slacked. "Yes.. they're asleep," he said, standing up. "So you'll have to be quiet." He made his way to the door, opening it slowly to keep it from making too much noise.

Inside the room was dark and silent, save for the faintest sound of breathing. Buried under heaps of blankets, one could spot the slight movement; rising and falling of sleeping children's breaths. Obito glanced back at his nephew, waiting for him to come over to see for himself.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/27/2014 11:43 PM

He slowly and cautiously approached the sleeping children as the door was held open. He went over to the bedside and had to force himself to breath. They lay there silently sleeping. They looked fine to him, though they were still a bit too small for his liking. Being born prematurely tended to do that though.

The more his eyes scanned their tiny forms the more he felt himself grow ill. He could see his brother's features in their faces. His nose, his ears. He felt himself begin to tremble and had to turn to leave, out of fear of waking them. He silently rushed past his uncle and went back to the couch. He had his answer. He had no choice but to leave them with his uncles.

"I think I need to go home," he choked out as he tried to stop his shaking. "Thank you, for everything. Really, thank you."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 05/28/2014 11:30 PM

Obito couldn't help but smile--it was a pained smile, though. He watched his nephew approach the bed, a hand rested on the edge of the door. This was something he had forgotten could hurt. This was something he couldn't recall as wonderful. And here it was, being both.

But Obi's abrupt departure into the living room took him off guard. Still blinking, he closed the door slowly. "Obi..?" He strode back over to his nephew, eyebrows furrowed. He knew why he reacted that way, but he still sounded so inquisitive.

Without an answer, Obito just nodded his head. "Alright..." he murmured. "Be careful, and--if you need anything, don't hesitate to come here." He thought for a moment before adding, "Wait till you've calmed down a little, though." The door was unlocked, so Obi could leave whenever he felt ready to.

Obito sat next to his nephew, hands clasped together.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/29/2014 10:18 PM

Obito took several deep breathes as he tried to calm himself down. His shaking eventually subsided and he finally felt himself ready to leave. He turned to his uncle and smiled slightly in thanks before getting up.

"Thank you, I-I'll see you around."

And with that he bowed lightly in respect and left. He made his way to his apartment in order to get ready to go and pick up his next mission. Work would keep him distracted from his problems at least for a little while longer.

He had been worried sick for months now. So far his brother had kept silent, but he didn't count on that lasting forever. He itched to go and find him again, to see his face and try to get it out of him what he had done with their children. He needed to know where they were, and if they were even still alive. The thought of them dead turned his stomach. If he couldn't have his brother then he at least wanted their children.

He looked out over the training grounds, where he had been spending most of his time, and checked to see if anyone else was there. No one appeared to be around and this satisfied him. He would be able to take out his aggression on the targets without being interrupted by anyone. He needed to relieve stress and get out his desire to see his brother, otherwise he would end up going after him.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer