A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Leave it all Behind [P - Mousen and I]

Postby Kitsumi » 08/28/2014 9:43 PM

ImageImage
Yash & Kukua

The two were a very unlikely pair. A hardened soldier and a male-hating Placid? They weren't the type that anyone would have suspected might become friends. Yet there was an easily seen sense of companionship between the two as they hacked their way through the forest together. Every now and then the Placid would have trouble getting her smaller form over a fallen log or large rock, and the male would pause to remove the obstacle or offer a wing for her to steady herself.

"Yash," the female finally spoke up after having walked for what seemed like ages. "Do you even know where we are?"

The male didn't say anything at first. Finally, "I'm sorry, Kukua. I've been trying to find out how to get back on track for a while now. I didn't want to worry you while I thought there was still some hope of figuring out where we were. I suppose we might as well stop. All I'm doing is getting us more lost." Grumbling to himself, Yash stopped walking and sat down. "How is your wing doing?"

Kukua unfolded her left wing slightly, revealing an angry-looking gash that was steadily dripping blood. "It's still bleeding," she answered. Her voice was a bit worried. "It hasn't stopped this entire time. I'm afraid I may be losing a bit too much blood."

Their journey certainly wasn't going as planned.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7189
Donate

Re: Leave it all Behind [P - Mousen and I]

Postby Mousen » 08/31/2014 3:07 PM

The Clan, being as it was, small and filled with strange academics... Well, it meant it was much more informal than most clans. Less structured, you might say. There was certain jobs that were given to certain paragon, simply because no one else was capable of doing the job as well as they. Others... everyone tended to pitch in.

Scouting was one of these. They switched over twice a week, and everyone but Medlar (who was blind) was expected to play their part. And so, it explained in no small way why the two paragon who were checking around the edges of the Clan's territory were the leader and her second-in-command.

Simeon wasn't in the best mood, she couldn't smoke while they were scouting and she hadn't had time that morning. Beyond that, she was certain that the much larger paragon beside her was looking to take advantage of this rare opportunity. A leader who was suffering from nicotine withdrawal was a leader who wouldn't argue too much with whatever idea was suggested to them. Hmph. Sometimes, the insubordination almost bothered her.

Hadresham knew that the tiny golden paragon beside him would follow this line of reasoning. So, he was waiting it out. Instead, he was content to get on with the task at hand. The edge of their territory was not clearly defined, and the only difference between what was their's and what was not was a weak spell that Simeon had worked around their territory. If you looked for it, you could just tell where it ended. As far as Hadresham knew, though, there was nothing unusual. "Hey, Simeon," he began casually, looking down at her.

"What." It was phrased less like a question and more like a threat. Hadresham felt eight brown eyes glaring at him.

"In the earth I do reside,
Human in shape, but not in size.
What am I?"
He grinned at her, his teeth contrasting against the dark hue of his scales.

In return, Simeon just huffed at him, thinking over what he'd said. Even if she wasn't in top form, she wouldn't loose. Not at this.

((Sorry this post is kind of awkward, I needed to explain some things and I wasn't quite sure how. ^^;; ))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.