A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Remember, It's Shuri-CAN, Not Shuri-CAN'T! [Self]

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/29/2015 1:33 PM

[Heyy stress relief RP time; this is incredibly silly pls pay it no mind. <3]

"Dipperrrrr! C'mon c'mon c'mon, you're laggin' behiiind, brotha!" Mabel's voice echoed through the trees as she spun around and cupped her hands over her mouth to make her voice carry even more. Which was really overkill, given that her brother was lagging only a few yards behind, nearly dropping his book in surprise as Mabel's voice rattled his head. He flinched as some birds were startled out of a tree, and Mabel watched them go with a wide-eyed blink, squinting up at the pale light of dawn through the thick trees. The birds' noise faded, and Dipper remembered to breathe again, his face twisting into a scowl.

"Mabel, be quiet!" Dipper snapped in a rough whisper, glaring at her as he held the open book pressed to his chest for a moment. "We have to be stealthy, remember? We can't let this thing see us before we see it," he murmured, opening the book again and flipping through it a few pages. Magic Dustbunnies, no; Tree Ents, no; DO NOT SUMMON AT ALL COSTS, no; Werewolves, unlikely...

The forest around the Mystery Shack was looking a little worse for the wear. This whole ruckus started when Mabel had come across a dead mountain lion--god it had been hard to console her afterwards that the 'sweet kitty' was in a better place now--and from there, things got stranger. A wide manner of dangerous animals were found in various states of death and dying, and then there were the trees. Every so often, in his exploration of the woods, Dipper would come across a splintered stump and nearby tree that looked like it had been practically shot off of its base. With a really big gun. Or cannon, Mabel had suggested; can't underestimate those Land Pirates. Which don't exist. Just like werewolves don't exist...

"Aaaall I'm sayin' is, you were the one who wanted to come out here at four in the morning. I need my beauty sleep! And Grunkle Stan is gonna kill us if he finds out we took the golf cart," she whispered, waiting for Dipper to close the gap with his slow plodding before quickly rushing ahead again, peering around the misty forest. Dipper reminded himself that they would need to pick up the golf cart where they'd left it at the edge of the forest. "It looks all spooky when it's this early... do you think spooky things are, like, attracted to spookiness? Because you never see vampires just walkin' around town or going to the arcade. What kinda games do you think a vampire would like--?"

"Mabel!" Dipper hissed, rushing to keep up with her. "Stop--stop running ahead, gosh. It's one thing if you keep talking so loud, but it's another if you do that and get separated from me! I don't want anything weird to happen," he said, looking at her seriously. Mabel grinned and waved him away, but stayed a bit closer regardless, keeping quiet for the time being. Dipper sighed with half relief, half guilt in shutting her down, and turned his attention back to the book. Hidebehind, no; Zombie, probably not...

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: Remember, It's Shuri-CAN, Not Shuri-CAN'T! [Self]

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/29/2015 10:06 PM

About an hour passed uneventful in this way; Mabel eventually deviated their path a few feet in each direction to pick flowers, shoving them into the pocket on her sweater and effectively ruining whatever kind of bouquet plans she had. Dipper's head was hurting; it was doing that a lot, lately. Finally he closed the journal with a slam and groaned, thunking his head on the front of the book where a six-fingered hand was engraved, emblazoned with a bold number 3. Mabel glanced back at Dipper with a small frown, brown hair bobbing as she trotted back over to him. She stared at him for a moment, at the book pressed to his head, then put her hand on the back cover and grinned. "Blap," she said confidently, pushing Dipper's nose with the book, and Dipper made a muttered grumble of protest before finally managing something like a laugh.

"Quit it, Mabel," he murmured, the smile falling as he lowered the book back to tuck into his jacket. He frowned at her smile, then managed a small one himself and let out a sigh. "Maybe we should take a break. We've been walking for awhile." He took out a small compass from his pocket and peered at it, squinting. "Ah, we got off track..." he murmured, shaking it up a little and pivoting around on his toes, looking a little troubled. "Well... we mostly went straight ahead. So turning around should be fine."

"C'mon, let's sit!" Mabel grabbed Dipper by the arm and dragged him over to a moss-covered log, pushing him down by the shoulder. "I brought snacks. Since you were all like, 'Bluh, I don't need breakfast, geniuses don't need breakfast!'" Mabel said, waving her hands above her head in a very un-Dipper-like gesture, but it got the point across.

Dipper smiled slightly at her, then sighed and settled back on the log. "Alright, alright. Snack me," he said, putting out a hand, and he jumped in surprise as Mabel's hand flashed into her sweater and pulled out a few frosted cookies. He squinted at them, wondering if there was pink sweater fuzz on the pink frosting, but he supposed it wouldn't kill him. The flowers, though, which may or may not be poisonous were another story. "Eh... I'm good," he muttered, grimacing as his stomach growled, eyes flicking up to stare at the tree they were sitting under, and his expression brightened. "Oh! You know what? Walnuts. Those are perfectly edible," he said, looking around until he spotted a nut buried among the leaf-litter.

Mabel watched him, munching on a cookie in thought, and she grinned. "Yeah but, you're not gonna be able to open it up," she said, mouth half-full. "Checkmate, eat my cookies!" she said, shoving one in his face.

"Ugh, no! Mabel!" Dipper laughed, pushing her arms away and pressing his knee to her stomach as she tried to reach his mouth, until he finally relented and snatched a cookie from her, nibbling on the edge. So much for being quiet; when their laughter settled, the birds seemed entirely silent, and Dipper swallowed with difficulty, a deep unease coming over him.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...