Looking for a certain pet? Wanting to get rid of that nasty 'lil Magma Creeper your mother gave you? Then post an advertisement here for all the pets you'd like to trade and even the ones you're looking for!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Advertise!

-Holiday Helper Hunt 2011- (SEND ALL DONATIONS!)

Postby Freezair » 11/04/2011 10:55 PM

IMPORTANT! ELF AND GM POSITION APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED!

Donations and art can continue until December 1st, but I want a week to make sure the Elves and RP GM's know what's going on and give them a week to prepare!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's almost time for it to be almost that time again! It's time for me to start rounding up helpers for the annual Evelon Secret Santa! Those of you who've been around know that every year, I orchestrate a Secret Santa event on the forums. Only this year, I'm doing some really special things. Why?

Because, and I can't believe it either, but this is the Fifth Anniversary of the Secret Santa OMG!

Yes. Amazingly, the Secret Santa is turning five years old (I couldn't believe my memories; I had to recount like five times to reassure myself this was true), and in order to celebrate its birthday, I'm going to be doing a couple special things! And because I'm doing a couple special things, I'm going to need a lot of helpers. This means that pretty much everyone can contribute something! Even if all you do is donate that Generation Hydrokuhna that's been rotting in your pen for ages, you can still help!

Best of all, if you contribute to the effort, you'll receive this lovely gift:

It's called a Bigheart! Want one? Then donate pets or art, or apply to be an Elf or an RP director!

"You know how, when the Grand Hollowheart was defeated, the Hollowhearts were bound to serve people? Well, some of those Hollowhearts ended up working for none other than one Nicholas Claus! (You know--Jolly Old St. Nick, Father Christmas, Santa Claus?) As such, these Hollowhearts grew to become especially jolly and caring. They love to make people happy, and are fond of giving gifts, cooking tasty foods, and volunteering at hospitals and shelters. They love all holidays, though, not just Christmas, and they love to celebrate. Hope you like Talk Like a Pirate Day feasts, or International Towel Day parties, or Penguin Appreciation Month plays!"

-Helpers I Need-

Secret Santa Elves

This is the "classic" helper role, and the one I've had for people every year except the first. These are people who help with the Secret Santa themselves. This entails a couple of things, and it's a pretty decent responsibility. An "Elf" helper has the following duties:
---Draws names for the Secret Santa. If you've never participated in an SS exchange before, basically, you get a random person to give a gift to. The first job of SS helpers is randomizing those names. It's pretty simple, actually. Just put everyone's name on a slip of paper and put them in a hat or something. Then go down a list of names and draw them out of the hat to find out who gives to whom.
---Keeps track of who on the list gives to whom. Goes with the above.
---Messages people telling them who they are giving to, and informs them of the SS rules. You have to PM a bunch of people for this one, telling them who they're giving to, the rules, and collecting their confirmation responses. You also have to collect "reasons" from people. Basically, there's a gift-giving deadline, but we generally allow people to be a little flexible in meeting it since holidays are hella busy. But they need to inform the "Elf" in charge of them that they'll be late.
---Keeps track of who has given their presents and who still needs to give them. This is the REALLY important one. Since the SS has a deadline, it counts as a contract, so people who don't meet it and lack excuses can get in trouble. The first two years I did this, one or two people did slip through the cracks, so it's important to be on the ball about this and keep accurate lists of who's given their gifts and who still needs to give. This means you also have to send nag notes to people who've gone over the deadline without a reason.

As you might expect, I have a few qualifications for this position. In order to apply, I'd like you to:

---Have been a member for at least 6 months. I need to know that you're trustworthy, and that you stick around.
---Be able to be on frequently, especially around Christmas. That's the time when most people send their gifts, so you need to be there to keep track of stuff. It's also important that names get sent out promptly. I won't ask you to be on all day, but I'd like it if you'd check on at least once a day, especially to answer/send PMs.
---Be polite. OK, so this is harder to measure, but even though I call them "nag notes," you need to be courteous when reminding people to send gifts, as well as answering questions and such. It's kind of a customer service thing, so be presentable.

There is a reward for doing this position. As a thank-you gift, if the Cash Boxes are in the shop this year, you'll get a cash box of your choice near the end of the season.

Since Evelon is a bit less active right now, I don't expect as big a turn out as in past years. As such, I'm looking for two helpers.

Elf Helpers
1. Cookie
2. Discordancy

Artists

Since this is the fifth year I've been doing this, I'd like some pretty graphics to go along with it! They can be banners made with site art, or custom drawings! Just some nice pictures to spruce up the page. In addition to graphics for the main Secret Santa topic, I need banners for the Holiday Potluck Raffle, as well as two  Holiday RP topics.

Anyone can contribute art, and there's no limit on how many! If a number of people are interested, I'll use a rotating signature art to display all the art. If you post what you're interested in making pics for, I can give some description. :D And I also might need some secret pictures for the RP's...

-Artists-

Holiday RP Game Masters

Yep! I'm planning two contests in the form of RPs. One for Lambastia, and one for Barakka. These two will be RP events, and I need someone to offer to volunteer to lead each one. This means that you make the opening posts, you keep track over the slots (how many people have entered, how long people have been in, etc), you RP with the people in the post when needed) and you'll get to hand out prizes.  

I'd like to keep it secret for now what the subjects of these RPs will be. However, I will tell you a little bit, so you know what you have to do. ;)  

-One RP will involve using a Random Number Generator to determine what happens to each person who posts. This one won't have a limit to how many people can enter, but good things will happen to you if you remember to post each day! (Hmm... doing something every day... now, what's Christmas related that has to do with days, hmm? ;) )
-One RP will involve slotted involvement, I.E., each person gets a certain number of posts before they have to leave, and there's a limit to how many people can be involved. However, in this one, in addition to the RNG, you also have to keep track of where things are. (Perhaps on some kind of map? Maybe so... Maybe so!)

Details will be explained to the MC's privately. Since there are two RPs, I need two GMs. Much like the Elf helpers, they need to be able to be on frequently. However, they should also be able to RP with enthusiasm.

-Holiday RP GMs-
1.  Kitsumi Mahon
2. Fallen_Snow

-Prize Donators-

I am but one person, and though I'll no doubt be tearing apart my more rotting-er pets to find things to donate, the truth is, I need some prizes! So I am calling upon the people of Evelon to donate some prizes for the holiday RPs and the holiday raffle. Any tradeable pet will do, as will KS and any tradeable item. Old retireds, Kuhnas you're not using, anything. All pets donated will go to the Holiday RPs and raffle. They will ALL be prizes.

I'm asking you to do this mostly out of holiday spirit. Since I can't guarantee I'll get that special gift from Baal or the mods, I can't promise you anything in return. However, if you donate a prize pet or some KS, you will be able to enter the Raffle for free. Normally, there will be a small fee for entering (to build up a KS pot to give to the winner), but those who donate will be able to enter regardless.

If you want to donate a pet or some KS, POST HERE BUT DO NOT SEND IT TO ME. I will keep track of the donations thus far, but DO NOT SEND THEM YET. I won't ask you to send them UNTIL THE RAFFLE AND THE PRIZE GIVING FOR THE RPS! If you want your donation to be secret, you can also PM me about it.

-Donations Thus Far:-
Evercold
Icicle Quiksylph
Glow Garnier
Moor Baskerville
Albino Piyo
Aura
Alluria
Aurona
Pingune
Pengi
Squeaker
~ Generation Hydrokuhna (x2)
~ Carol Kuhna
~ Sucrose Kuhna (x2)
~ Sundae Kuhna (x2)
~ Marbled Terratops (x3)
~ This Lucain
~ Baby Doom Kitty
~ Bleached Fellox (x2)
One Undead Bandol
One Slaughter Dalma
One Malphas
One Fallow Frightmare
One Crested Pinguine
One Nitro Fellox
One Marbled Terratops
One Evercold
One Biolune Ferrikoon
One Sucrose Kuhna
One Sundae Kuhna
(1) Chocolate Cuniflare
(1) Sear Cuniflare
(1) Lime Magistry
(1) Sky Slynx
(1) Biolune Ferrikoon
(1) Bleached Ferrikoon
(1) Biolune Rexxel
(1) Sky Yonyuu
(1) Frost Urice
- Generation Common Kuhna (Helix x Ashilata)
- Generation Hydrokuhna (Sokka x Katara)
- Evren Discovery
- Bleached Gyrophant
- Sky Yonyuu
- Radill
- Sky Serraptor
- Sucrose Kuhna (x3)
- Sundae Kuhna (x3)
- Marbled Terratops (x2)
- Terra Hydrolisk
- Lime Magistrey
- Treasure Serraptor
-Serene Bleeder
-Verdure Yonyuu
-Marbled Terratops
-Lime Magistrey
-Pumpkin Teigu
-Gingerbread Tricky
-Berry Kuhna
-Sundae Kuhna
-Sky Yonyuu
-Biolune Albie
-Bleached Cuniflare
-Jade Beetanke
-Hydrolisk Terra
     Evren Discovery 1
     Leplora 1
     Perevi Drakel 1
     Serene Bleeder 1
      Bilby Rollaby 2
     Chocolate Cuniflare
     Jade Beetanke 2
     Lime Magistrey 1
     Marbled Terratops 2
     Merham 1
     Pastel Nagi 1
     Rabbot SS2 1
     Sad Sleepyheart
     Sear Cuniflare 1
     Sleepyheart 1
     Terra Hydrolisk 1
     Albino Merham 1
     Anera 1
     Cotton Trumpetter 1
     Orchid Leaflet 1
     Radill 1
     Terminate Staigovald 1
Aurum Kuhna (Etony x Damian)
Empty Kuhna (Zephon x Kossori)
Corrupt Kuhna (Alcatraz x Erica)\
Jade Beetanke 2
Lime Magistrey 2
Nitro Fellox 5
Terra Hydrolisk 2
Rabbot SS1 (I think that's the right name, but anywho, it's the Rabbot from last year's Christmas)
Shamash Yingshee
Snowy Kamee
Kree Doll
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/Ba ... etta01.png
http://sites.google.com/site/tajtek/Khi ... lile03.gif
Evren Discovery
Shinzo
Viral Velix
Wilt Florana
Cupid Tricky
Gum Teigu
Jade Beetanke
Leplora
Neuleef
Nitro Fellox
Present Bandol
Ptarmie
Shamash Yingshee
Snowy Kamee
This Dalma
x1 Sleepyheart
x1 Sad Sleepyheart
x1 Festive Quiksylph
x1 Sky Yonyuu
x1 Bleached Cuniflare
x1 Dori Kuni
x1 Candy Apple Kuhna
x1 Lykuhna
x1 Kamo Kuhna (Evander x Hannes)
x1 Trikuhna (Yami Kodai x Ken)
x2 Sucrose Kuhna
x1 Sundae Kuhna
x3 Marbled Terratops
x3 Sugar Cherry Egg
Sucrose Kuhna x1
Sundae Kuhna x1
Treasure Roosken x1
Wilt Florana x1
Cotton Trumpetter x1
Marbled Terraptos x1
Terra Hydrolisk x1
Perevi Drakel x1
Common Mr. Wilson
Common Palmie
Neuleef
Scorpinch v2
Anera x2
Icicle Quiksylph
Gum Teigu
Scorpinch v3
This Paragon
Crested Pingune
Green Puffy Piyo
Rabbot C6
-Riopath x1
-Radill x1
-Treasure Serraptor x1
-This Dalma
-Leumoo x1
-Dori Kuni x2
-Viral Velix x1
-Verdure Yonyuu
-Sucrose Kuhna x4
-Sundae Kuhna x4
-Marbled Terratops x2
-Icicle Quikslyph x1
-Ringed Tricky x1
-Snowy Kamee x1
-Boreal Bleeder x1
-Pastel Nagi x1
-Chocolate Cuniflare x1
-Rollaby-I-must-learn-the-name-of x1

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: -Holiday Helper Hunt 2011- (EVERYONE CAN HELP!)

Postby Cookie » 11/04/2011 11:11 PM

I'd be happy to be an elf :3 I'm always on and I'm good at keeping track of things. ^.^

Oh and I can donate some pets, but I need to go through my pen and find out what I can and cant donate, so I'll post a list here later or edit this with one if no one else has posted.

These are smallish pets, but I don't have much of a collection of pets anyhow.

Evercold
Icicle Quiksylph
Glow Garnier
Moor Baskerville
Albino Piyo
Aura
Alluria
Aurona
Pingune
Pengi
Squeaker
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Kitsumi » 11/04/2011 11:13 PM

I'd love to help! I have quite a few pets rotting in my pen that I can send. Let me go look really quick and give you a list of the donations :) I'd like to help with the other stuff, but I haven't been on at least 6 months...at least, I don't think I have...? Haha
Anyways, I'll be right back with a list of donations =3

EDIT: List is here! It's not much, and it's all easily obtained, cheap pets, but it's all I have...
-Serene Bleeder
-Verdure Yonyuu
-Marbled Terratops
-Lime Magistrey
-Pumpkin Teigu
-Gingerbread Tricky
-Berry Kuhna
-Sundae Kuhna
-Sky Yonyuu
-Biolune Albie
-Bleached Cuniflare
-Jade Beetanke
-Hydrolisk Terra

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Freezair » 11/04/2011 11:48 PM

Haha, that's awesome. :D That's actually a lot of pets, so it's pretty good for a prize pool already!

Kitsumi, you joined in May. So you've actually been here about six months! Technically, you'll be six months old on the 24th, but I'm fine with that. So you can apply anyway. I usually wait a little bit before choosing, but you have done the other important thing, which is shown yourself to have dedication.

No decisions just yet, but yeah, you may apply. :D

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/05/2011 12:03 AM

Oh, alright then! In that case, I'd like to apply :) I'm not much of an artist (not the good stuff, anyways) but I could be an Elf Helper or a Holiday RP GM. Whichever position you need filled, I could do either :)

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Soriana » 11/05/2011 12:13 AM

Offering my services as an Elf for the second consecutive year in a row. I'm pretty sure I did a good job last year, as I made sure everyone on my list kept me regularly updated with the status of their Secret Santa gift. I really hope I was polite, and I'd say I was pretty creative in my PMs to gifters and giftees. I'm on the computer all the time, I can stay on top of things like nobody's business, and I've got good cheer out the wazoo. This is literally my favorite thing about the winter holidays, and since I've already gotten my presents for this Christmas--trip to Orlando, Florida the first week of December--all I want to do is help out and give back. I had a lot of fun last year, and I'd do this every winter if you let me. :3

Goodies:
~ Carol Kuhna
~ Sucrose Kuhna (x2)
~ Sundae Kuhna (x2)
~ Marbled Terratops (x3)
~ This Lucain
~ Baby Doom Kitty
~ Bleached Fellox (x2)

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Thunder » 11/05/2011 2:30 PM

I could definitely help make some art for you, as well as contribute some pets that are just rotting away o3o Being a game master would be interesting, but junior year of high school is pretty busy and I dunno if I could post so often x3x

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/05/2011 2:40 PM

I've got a few pets I can donate.

There's:
One Undead Bandol
One Slaughter Dalma
One Malphas
One Fallow Frightmare
And One Crested Pinguine

It's not much, but I'd like to help~ :3

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Freezair » 11/05/2011 2:49 PM

Thanks for all the donations, people! But I'd like to ask one small favor:

Even if you've posted here already, please post again to CONFIRM what you're donating. It's nice of you to say you can donate certain things, but I don't want to jump the gun and assume you ARE donating all of it.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 11/05/2011 3:36 PM

Donating these pets:

Evercold
Icicle Quiksylph
Glow Garnier
Moor Baskerville
Albino Piyo
Aura
Alluria
Aurona
Pingune
Pengi
Squeaker
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Soriana » 11/05/2011 3:41 PM

Donating all the ones I mentioned.

Goodies:
~ Carol Kuhna
~ Sucrose Kuhna (x2)
~ Sundae Kuhna (x2)
~ Marbled Terratops (x3)
~ This Lucain
~ Baby Doom Kitty
~ Bleached Fellox (x2)

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/05/2011 3:52 PM

Donating the following:

One Undead Bandol
One Slaughter Dalma
One Malphas
One Fallow Frightmare
One Crested Pinguine
One Nitro Fellox
One Marbled Terratops
One Evercold
One Biolune Ferrikoon
One Sucrose Kuhna
One Sundae Kuhna

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Kylo » 11/05/2011 5:12 PM

I would love to do some art for you! And once I get off my lazy butt and finish my contest I'll be back with donations.
EDIT: As for art I can make a little advent calender if you like? I usually make one anyway for myself so I'll just make it Evelon themed this year. Also I can work on a banner or two just throw me the description. But for now I'll be working an an advent calender.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Ander » 11/05/2011 5:25 PM

I'll have to double-check to see what I can donate, but I would love to serve as joyous Evelonian Elf again!
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Slynne » 11/05/2011 8:21 PM

I wouldn't mind donating although I don't have much. :[ So heres some things I am definitely donating. :)

(1) Chocolate Cuniflare
(1) Sear Cuniflare
(1) Lime Magistry
(1) Sky Slynx
(1) Biolune Ferrikoon
(1) Bleached Ferrikoon
(1) Biolune Rexxel
(1) Sky Yonyuu
(1) Frost Urice

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." ~ Robert Munch

Pen|Ownership List|Wishlist

Warning: I am a new Mom, often thing's get hectic for me. So I am sorry for any late replies.
Slynne
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 98
Donate

Next