Looking for a certain pet? Wanting to get rid of that nasty 'lil Magma Creeper your mother gave you? Then post an advertisement here for all the pets you'd like to trade and even the ones you're looking for!

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Advertise!

+ Metha's Motley Palace

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/03/2008 10:24 PM

- Welcome -

Another of those Trader's Houses, huh?

As rumor has it, a very peculiar building popped up claiming to be yet another home of a certified breeder, seemingly in the mid of night. As the truthful tale states, the multicolored palace of a building rests in the same territory as all the others, though selectively deeper into it's own area, surrounded by a forest.

Following along a checkered pathway with tiles of white, purple, green, blue and pink, you soon find yourself in the shadow of the motley colored palace. Tamed gardens of intricately carved flowered bushes and fountains pop up among the grounds, the pathway extending around the entire building like a patio of sorts, and up the steps to a small balcony and porch-way where the front door resided.

Making your way up the steps, a colorfully pelted Lucain crosses the porch without so much as a glance in your direction, skillfully seating herself in a stool at a table set for one for tea.

Staring at the simple purple teapot, she let out a slightly deranged yet amused laugh, patting the teapot gently on the 'head'. "Good little kitty," she cooed. And then, abruptly, she turned to your direction. At first, she was frowning, but it quickly came to a smile. "You're here to see all the creatures, aren't you?"  She slipped off her chair, transforming to something close to a human, her attire in tones much like her pelt, matching the tails and ears she retained. So this was Metha.

"Yes, yes, follow me," she said, with a wave of her hand. "Just don't let the door bite. It has a dreadfully awful temper and sharp teeth to match." And off she was to lead you inside the palace, mumbling incoherently all the while about talking flowers, rabid mice and rainbows.  

- Guidelines and Information -

+ Users may choose to apply for as many different pets that are available as they wish, even all at once. However, each application must be made separately, in an entirely separate post. Please note that applying for every pet does not guarantee that you will obtain one. The exception to this rule is if a pets' description instructs that they can be, "packaged," with another pet. In which case, they can be applied for as a unit or separately.

+ Each pet or pet package has their own application! Just copy the application skeleton provided for them and fill it out! Adding more is allowed, should you so want to, so it is all up to a user's imagination on how they want to present their case. However, adding more is in no way required.

+ Users can even choose to apply for pets as a gift for another user, although that must be specified within the application, and the pet will be sent directly to the giftee if won. In this sort of situation, most of the application skeleton can be ignored. Simply tell me why you wish to give them the pet as a gift.

+ Each entry must include some sort of roleplay introduction, not just an application. Otherwise, it will be ignored.

+ Pets each have their own adoption fees, which are each listed.

+ Any character information, including names, gender, personality, and so forth, do not have to be kept! Feel free to ignore it all!

Such descriptions are given to help give inspiration, so one is welcome to come up with their own ideas, use bits and pieces from what it provided, or use all of it and just expand on it. However, occasionally, keeping some of the information may act as a bit of a bonus, especially when adopting out pets of mine that were previously my own characters.

+ Any pets awarded from here cannot be traded, sold or given away for a total of three months! This is to encourage users adopting with the intention to have characters, not to gain a profit. However, loss of inspiration sometimes strikes, and things happen.

+ I reserve the right to remove any pets or items that I have listed at any time, with or without a stated reason. I wont make a habit of this, with any luck, however, some pets listed here mean more to me than pets I trade normally.

+ The most recent post I make with Metha usually announces new pets and paints a specific setting in which those pets can be met. Please read it before posting so you are aware of the setting!

+ Although not a rule, on occasion, Metha may directly respond in roleplay, typically asking questions, seeking more details. Roleplaying with Metha is welcome and even encouraged. She gets lonely.

+ In applying to adopt a pet, the user in question is, thus, agreeing to the rules stated and is responsible for adhering to them. If the rules are broken, then proper measures will be taken.

+ Still have questions? Any and all questions may be asked here.

- The Available Pets -

Image Image

"Oh, these poor little dears! They've been on the run from their family members for ages, but with good reason, let me tell you! These Bitter Kuhnas are twins, you see. A girl and a boy, named Kera and Arek, respectively. Sadly, their family are, well, you could say they're less than respectable, if you catch my drift. Kera, here, inherited a special ability passed down through generations of their family for thousands of years. I know, right? Long time. Anyways~ Her blood has not only the ability to heal wounds, even fatal ones or abnormalities, such as blindness, but it can actually reverse the aging process. Her horrible family has been wounding her, practically sucking the blood right out of her, to make use of its properties. She was enslaved by them, raised only for such a purpose. Her brother, on the other hand, was raised to view his sister as nothing more a tool and was essentially assigned the task of guarding her and keeping her under control. You could call him her slave master. His greatest task was, should she ever try to escape or if her abilities discovered by outsiders, his entire purpose was to kill her before their secret got out. And, once, when she tried to run away, he did take action. He shot her, thought she was dead, for her own blood cannot heal her. However, in his guilt and actual love for his sister, he took her and ran, never once looking back. Such a sad, yet wonderful story. It almost brings tears to my eyes!"

- Important Information -
+ These Kuhnas may be applied for separately or as a package. When applying, please clearly specify if you are wishing to adopt only one or both of them.

+ Their lineage is Deutchie/Nikikura.

- End Date -
April 25th, 2016

- Seeking -
55 KS (or 100 KS for both) or another (non-pure) generation Kuhna

- Applying Users -
None.

- Application -

Code: Select all
[center][b]Username:[/b]
BLAH

[b]Name:[/b]
BLAH

[b]Gender:[/b]
BLAH

[b]Five Personality/Character Traits:[/b]
BLAH + BLAH + BLAH + BLAH + BLAH

[b]Story Time:[/b]
(500 word maximum, history, personality, story of how they met, roleplay sample, why you want them, WHATEVER)
BLAH BLAH BLAH[/center]

+ + + + +

"This little lady has been wandering from place to place for a long time now, at least that's what she's told me. She never bothered to introduce herself, so I've just been calling her Graye. I don't think she actually likes it, but I could be wrong, I guess."

+ She is a random custom.

- End Date -
April 25th, 2016

- Adoption Fee -
25 KS, or free for users with five (5) or fewer Paragon.

- Applying Users -
None.

- Application -

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH + BLAH + BLAH + BLAH + BLAH[/center]

+ + + + +

"Oh, look at this cute little Taffy Kuhna! I don't know much about this little cutie, not even if it is a male or female. It was just dropped on my doorstep and hasn't exactly been chatty."

+ Lineage is Nuka/Asharee.

- End Date -
April 25th, 2016

- Adoption Fee -
55 KS or another (non-pure) generation Kuhna

- Applying Users -
None

- Application -

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

+ + + + +

"This adorable Tanaare Kuhna was dropped off along with the Taffy. Similarly, I know absolutely nothing about this little Kuhna, except that it seems to enjoy eating sushi... But that's not all that surprising! "

+ Lineage is Null/Kiare

- End Date -
April 25th, 2016

- Adoption Fee -
55 KS or another (non-pure) generation Kuhna.

- Applying Users -
None.

- Application -

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

+ + + + +

"Looking at this little fluff ball always makes me want to eat pumpkin pie! But that's just because it's a Pumpkin Kuhna! ...I don't even like pumpkin pie all that much. This is last of the little Kuhnas recently dropped on my doorstep, so I don't know anything about this one either."

+ Lineage is Kendoras/Olette

- End Date -
April 25th, 2016

- Adoption Fee -
55 KS or another (non-pure) generation Kuhna.

- Applying Users -
None.

- Application -

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

[b]Recommend An Anime:[/b]
(Please avoid super well-known things like Inuyasha, Naruto, Death Note, Sword Art Online, etc)
BLAH[/center]

+ + + + +

Image Image

"These two little adorable critters were residents of the local forest, but I'm afraid  life was becoming too dangerous there. The first little Leplora's coat changed for the winter, but hasn't ever changed back. The poor dears are being hunted by the lawn gnomes that just love trying to eat leafy critters... I really should get rid of those gnomes for good, but no matter how many I destroy, they keep coming back. Horrible little creatures. Anyways! I call these two Nak and Flak. Nak is what I call an Autumn Leplora while Flak is a Leplora. They seem to be the bestest of friends! Flak would often bring Nak food and help them hide, since it was too dangerous for Nak to wander around with a coat that stands out among the spring foliage. Ah! Yes, I don't know their genders, either..."

+ These Leploras may be applied for separately or as a package. When applying, please clearly specify if you are wishing to adopt only one or both of them.

+ I would prefer if the custom Leplora remained being referred to as, "Autumn Leplora," for its species.

- End Date -
April 25th, 2016

- Adoption Fee -
150 KS for both as a set, 150 KS for just the Autumn Leplora, 15 KS for just the Leplora.

(Come on folks, 150 KS is 100 KS cheaper a single non-breedable random token!)

- Applying Users -
None.

- Application -

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH + BLAH + BLAH + BLAH + BLAH

[b]Story Time:[/b]
(500 word maximum, history, personality, story of how they met, roleplay sample, why you want them, WHATEVER)
BLAH BLAH BLAH[/center]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/03/2008 11:05 PM

((Whoo...long post comin' up.))

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me." Millie stood outside the oddest looking house she'd ever seen. Squinting closely, she read a strange sign, in peculiar letters. " 'Metha's Motley Palace...Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again...' " Millie had heard about this new trader's outpost. The curator was...A bit deranged. She snorted. Okay, judging by the sign, maybe a bit deranged was an understatement. The Gyrophant, despite her stature and strength, was having doubts about this place. Metha...Seemed like a perfectly reasonable crazy person...But crazy wasn't on Millie's high priority list of 'meet-able people.' In fact, she rather preferred to talk to those of a more sane variety, thank you very much.

But still, despite this, the palace intrigued her. It was the oddest looking structure she'd ever seen. Spiraling rooftops, strange, castle like features. She'd swear, for a moment, she was in a far off place they liked to call 'Russia.' But everyone knew Russia was only a myth. It didn't exist. She waved her hand in dismissal of the thought. No sense wasting time on imaginary countries, right? Cautiously, she edged towards the house, eyes darting about. Who knew what a crazy person would install in their yard? Next thing you know, a lawn gnome could jump out at you, or you'd be falling down a perfectly reasonable (In Metha's mind) trap door. Millie shuddered. Small, enclosed spaces really didn't go over well with her.

And dealing with whatever was at the bottom of that shaft of darkness and doom...Well, Millie really didn't have the patience for the things that went bump in the night. Shaking her head, the Gyrophant in a rather tall human body edged up to the door without incident. Whew. She relaxed a bit. No trap doors, no exploding lawn gnomes. No pies in the face. Although that last one sounded rather pleasant. She wouldn't mind some pie right now. But preferably not in the face. Reaching out a hand, she pushed open the door, the sign from before fresh in her mind. Heck, she wasn't a trespasser, right? She was here to see what this place offered. She'd seen the other trader's outposts, and even went to one, one time, hanging in the background while her former trainer cooed over a small Citrus Kuhna. It was rather boring.

But Millie had a certain hunch (If the palace, it's curator, and the fact that that sign before scared her silly was any indication) that this place would be anything but boring. Snickering to herself, she traipsed through the halls, head swiveling side to side, and eyes as round as saucers. What...er, interesting decor this woman had. Nice...Um...Strange...Er, tastes. Very good choice in assortment of colors and mismatched things. Millie decided she'd better leave this room before she totally spaced out. Next she came to a smaller room. Inside the room, a small doggy bed lay in the corner, decorated outrageously with rainbow flowers, and an odd assortment of shiny stones with a plate of...Was that soy? Oh, for heaven's sake. This place got weirder and weirder.

She rolled her eyes, before stopping to notice what was curled up in the tiny basket. "Aw, how adorable!"Millie cooed, although she had no idea why. She usually wasn't someone who just randomly walked up to something and started talking to it. Maggie was another story entirely. The girl would talk to a tree if it so much as twitched in her direction. Sighing mentally, the woman knelt down, still towering over the small animal, but trying her hardest to reach it's level. "Hello, there, little one,"she cooed sweetly, her voice gentle. "You must be one of the pets up for trade. Aren't you just adorable, though? And these marbles,"she said indicating what it had splayed around it and decorated it's basket with.

"Did you make these? They're beautiful. That's some talent you've got there."She reached down and stroked his head, not getting a response from the quiet Leawolf. "How about if you come home with me? I'm sure you'd love it at the menagerie. We have a little Leawolf named Bumblebee there. He's got a few friends, but I bet meeting someone like you would really make his day. He's a little shy, so he's not good at meeting anyone outside the family. But I bet he'd warm right up to you. And maybe you could teach him a thing or two about making these pretty stones, hm?"She paused. "What do you think I could give Metha to get her to let me take you home, huh?"

She thought for a moment, brows creased as she tapped her chin with her fingers. Then a light bulb seemed to go off over her head, and she snapped her fingers, grinning from ear to ear. "I know!"She reached into her back pocket and drew out a picture, a nice snapshot of a Neowockee. "How about this?"She stood up, and looked back at the little green and red pup. "I'll be right back, I promise." She exited the room, and it didn't take her long to find the...Uh, tastefully decorated office of the curator, Metha.

"Good morning,"she called, knocking politely before entering. "I see you've got a wonderful little Leawolf for trade out there. I'd like to take him home." She set the snapshot carefully on the desk. "I'd like to offer a Neowockee and 25 keystones for him. I'm willing to go a  bit higher in Keystones too."She crossed her arms, smiling brightly as her eyes shone. "What do ya say?"

Offering
Neowockee
25 KS (or more)

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/04/2008 9:11 PM

[Just a side note, Millie, Metha isn't really violent. She's actually pretty sweet natured, despite her weird-ness. And...she wants people to come, she wouldn't shoot them or anything.]

Metha was casually leaning back in a high back chair, the cushiony parts a royally purple color while the frame was made of oak. She had her feet propped up on a circular table in front of her, a teacup in one hand, which she took a sip from, and the other patting a teapot. How she loved her teapot cat. It hardly ever scratched her or ran away from her, and she never had to feed it anything more then sugar and water!
It was when her guest entered that she dragged her feet down, them landing with a lazy clunk on the carpeted floor. She eyed the girl. "I see you made it past the door. Wonderful!" She spoke up before setting her teacup down and snatching up the photograph.
"Not so bad, not so baaaaad." She commented after observing it. A Neowockee, huh? "He really does need to get out of here before the gnomes breach his room. That'd be so terribly awful!" A look of horror came to her face at the thought of what might happen to poor Adamire before she leaned toward Millie across the table. "However! I must ask you a question, maybe two. Why don't you tell me what his life might be like, living with you." Why did she emphasize the words? Who really knows...

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/05/2008 10:23 PM

Millie considered the woman. She didn't seem all that strange, to be honest. Except for that weird cat mug thing. Yeah, that was odd. The woman tilted her head to the side, curls falling over her shoulder as she looked between the snapshot and Metha. She seemed to be considering the question, a thoughtful look on her face. "Well,"she said at last, a small smile creeping across her features. She knew exactly what it'd be like.

"Honestly, everyone who lives with me is free to do their own thing. I don't like to cramp anyone's style, or dampen creativity. He'd have his own place, and he could come and go as he pleased. If he didn't want to be bothered, I'd make sure he wasn't bothered. If he wanted to go out and see the world, I'd let him go out and see whatever he wanted, provided he checked back with me so I knew he was okay from time to time. If he wants soy or tofu, or anything he can eat, he'll get it. I think he'll have a pretty nice life with me. I don't want to dictate what it will be like because I hate when people plan out every aspect of another person's life, so I guess all I can say is it'll be nice, comfortable, and carefree."

She smiled gently then, thinking about how cute that little Leawolf was. Then her gaze settled back on Metha, and she shoved her hands in her pockets, silver bracelets chiming softly as she did so. She wondered what the crazy lady might think, and what she would say. Millie waited patiently, her eyes never leaving Metha for a second.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/11/2008 9:24 PM

"Hummmmm....." Metha tapped her chin thoughtfully, setting the pot she seemed to strongly believe was a cat and jumping up from her seat quickly, all in one continuous motion. She stuffed the photo into her pocket, happily skipping to a large framed abstract picture on her multi-colored, spazztically decorated wall. Suddenly, she pushed it from one side, and it slid over to reveal an electronic panel with various buttons, each one with a single letter and number combo code placed on it. She tapped down one of them and spoke into a small speaker placed on the panel. "Wonderful news Adamire! You've got yourself a home! I think it's gnome free! Please report to the main room. Thank you oh so much~"

And she turned back to Millie. "Your home is gnome-free, is it not? I sure hope so! It's not good for his health to be around them. I'll tell you, they'll eat him!" Her brow furrowed in a concerned way.
About that time, the Leawolf came strolling into the room, having nuzzled the door open with his snout. He proceeded to circle Millie, before nodding his head to the human gone Lucain in approval. He made an attempt to snuggle into his new mistress' hand.
"Great! He seems to like you!" Metha clapped her hands together, having strolled back over by the time. "I'm almost positive that the has some sort of human form. It'd be awfully hard to mold marbles without hands. So, soooo~ You can take what you like of his belongings. Adamire, go ahead and take all the soy out of the house!" To her, soy food was nasty. "And just send the lovely little Neowockee and the 25 ks here or to Yanora, code name, ToxicShadow."

"Take care, and don't let the door bite, please! I haven't fed it today..."

[Just send the Neowockee and ks over to me, like Metha said. X3;;]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 06/14/2008 8:21 AM

Image .:.:. Image .:.:. Image
Shaetani .:.:. Shula .:.:. Oath
Shaetani was more than just a little happy at the war ending, and with the return of Briar Rose, Dreamwalker, and Ailene, things seemed to be getting relatively back to normal at her farm. Now, what she would define normal as wasn't exactly something that thrilled all of her Kuhnas. You see, Briar Rose tended to be Queen Bee, and while most of the others accepted it, Shula had grown used to being a bit bossy herself. This wouldn't have been much of a problem because Briar knew how to control her temper and all... but the constant quarrels were starting to wear thin on Tani's nerves. Maybe it was because Taridan hadn't spent any time helping to Train Shula, or maybe he had just imparted a bit of his darker side for the little bit of time they had spent together. Anyways, today, Shaetani, Taridan, and Shula had a long discussion, and it was agreed between the three of them that it would probably be best if Shula found her a new trainer to live with. Between getting out from under Briar Roses paw, and the excitement over seeing more of the world, Shula was in full agreement, and so they set out to look for a decent home for her. Taridans Quiksylph Oath came along with them to find out what happened and return to Taridan with the news, since he was busy elsewhere. Shaetani paused in her walking and sighed. Seems her cousin was always gone when his help was needed. Oath fluttered over and sat on her shoulder as the reached the entrance of the Motley Palace.

There were lovely flowers and water fountains along the walk that would lead up to the door and Shula stepped forwards and while Tani was looking in her pockets for something, drank a bit from one. Grinning impishly, she made her way back over to Tani's side. Tani pulled out some carrot crackers and after handing one to Shula and one to Oath, she started nibbling on a third. It had been a long walk through that forest to reach this place. With a feeling of being watched, Shula's fur started to stand on end and she turned her head to the side to glance back at the fountain. What the?! She could have sworn the statue in it was glaring at her. Oath seemed to sense Shula's unease and a musical laughter, much like windchimes, tinkled out. Next to arrive from Tani's pack was some juice for all three of them, and with their thirst and hunger sated for now, Tani squared her shoulders and made her way up to the porch.
 "Ahh, hello there miss, yes I suppose we would... The Door Bites? Oh my." Tani and Shula eyed the door warily as they stepped inside, and Oaths laughter had faded to a faint gurgle of enjoyment, almost like a distant brook. Then the Lucain Lady brought them before a Quiksylph of unusual colors, and started rambling. Something about Teapots, walks, gnomes, fire, ice, and more. Shaetani smiled at it, and took out one of her Carrot Crackers to offer it. "Well you're quite a delightful looking Sylph, aren't you?" Oath, who had been sitting on Tani's shoulder, flew over and sat on Shula's shoulders instead, whispering random acts of mischief into the Kuhna's ear. Shula grinned, and very casually started to stroll away from Tani and towards an open doorway.

It took Tani a moment or two to be able to take her eyes away from the creature, but when she did she noticed Shula slinking off and sighed lightly before calling out.
"Shula, you get back over here. Its not polite to go exploring other peoples houses without their permission... besides, her armchairs might decide to sit on you." It seemed an appropriate enough comment, considering the warning about the door. It would also be sort of poetic justice, since the armchairs were no doubt sat on all the time. As Shula came back over, Tani turned her gaze to the Lucain Lady. "Forgive me for not introducing ourselves. I'm Shaetani, this is Shula, and the Quiksylph is Oath, bound to my Cousin... I was hoping that I might be able to ask your help in finding Shula a home, you see, my pets that went to war have returned, and we're having some personality clashes in the house." At this, Shula grinned. "If Briar Rose would stop acting like such a know it all Mother, things would be okay." Oath just shook his head, knowing that wasn't the real reason at all... In fact, he had quite a bit to do with Shula's bad behavior, though she remembered it not from her dreams.

OFFER : Shula, the Female Destrei Kuhna and 50 KS

Edited for text color and a few typos.
[/color]
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 06/14/2008 10:19 AM

[Human Form]

The small humanoid creature skirted past the door quietly, having nearly gotten his hand chopped off by the vicious doorknob. Whimpering at that, he forced himself to be quiet, and followed where the path from the door was leading. To a woman [and another couple of people] with a table set for one, and a rather cute teapot. HE could see the cat in it. His imagination was not limited by age - he was physically and mentally ten years old. And he was here without his father's permission. He knew he was never going to hear the end of it from Incruente... but... Well, he had been curious! And this was something that was far too good to pass up. Looking at all of the things that were here... And one in particular caught his eye. A fire-like sprite that resembled a tiny fairy with wings of molten orange glass. It was instant love at first sight. But then again - being the young age that he was, that applied to nearly everything. His father wasn't there to provide anything to offer up... but he did have something!

Carefully, he pulled a pink Rabbot out from behind him, and set it on the ground. It sniffed the air briefly, then proceeded to start exploring its surroundings. It had been a gift from someone that Benji no longer liked... and as much as it was pretty and fairly intelligent... He didn't like having reminders of that person around him. It.. well... it hurt. He also pulled out a note from the front [War front] that listed pets that an Imperial Listener could purchase. He added that to the mix, and settled down to wait until the other woman had finished talking, busying himself with keeping the Rabbot from going too far, and trying to come up with something else to offer. That little fire-sprite called to him, to his love of flame and fire. It almost begged at him. Although he knew he didn't have much of a chance, he found himself becoming most attached.

When the other woman was finished speaking, and started looking around herself, Ben crept forward with the note twisting in shaking hands, and the Rabbot hopping along quietly. He seemed nervous. Trembled from it. But tried to remain brave. Even so, he couldn't help but stutter for the first few words when he talked to the woman. As he continued in his speech, however, he grew some confidence.

"Ex...exc..c..cuse me.... Ma'am? I...I... I'm B..Benji, and I'm Re..Regalis Incruente's adopted son.. I was wondering if... if I'm not too young to offer something up..."

He pulled the Rabbot up into his arms, and canted his head down at it.

"I was g..given this as a present, but you can have it if you like it. I r.. really want to try out for that fire slyph... If it's not too much trouble..."

He paused, then remembered the note, handing it over.

"Oh, and... any of the things that an Imperial Listener from the war can get, you can have too. Because the people I know over there sent me this note that says there are extra B...Battle Points left over..."

He cast around in his mind for anything else, and settled on something, drawing out a picture.

"And... umm... This guy. He's kinda mean, but if you want him to come work for you, I think he probably will. He... kinda scares me, so I'm not sure he'll listen to me..."

That being said, he lowered his eyes, and waited for her response, the pink Rabbot struggling in his arms, wanting to get down and explore some more. But Benji thought of one more thing to say.

"Oh! Umm... that's a cute kitty..." he said, now shy, canting his head to the teapot. "I wanted to pet it..."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/19/2008 5:20 PM

My, oh my. More then one person decided to show up this time around! Seems like their little Quikslyph friend was decently popular after all. Very good! It made Metha so very happy, she couldn't help but to absently let an almost freakishly bright smile slip onto her features while she listened to Shaetani. Hopefully, she wouldn't find this creepy. If she did? Ah well, the Lucain woman couldn't help it!
Soon enough, she climbed out of her chair, yes, climbed. She went hands first off the chair, followed by her feet afterward, having set the tea pot down on the floor before hand. When her feet finally did touch the floor, she sprang up and pulled herself fully upright and brushed her hands together, as if dusting them off.

She bowed upon the introduction for just a moment. "The pleasure is all mine, I assure you." And she was back to emphasizing random words. Truthfully, she would have loved to help the Kuhna find a solution to her problem. It didn't sound like a very nice situation. Oh, she didn't like it when people didn't get along for silly yet unfix-able reasons. However, she had to take everything into consideration. What would be best for her little sprite-like friend? Humm?

It was when she was considering this that she turned to the boy who had wandered into her halls. Surprisingly, or maybe not so much so, she knelt down a little, to be on better eye level with him. Instead of a half deranged smile, she tried to smile in a kinder way, which she managed well enough. Age mattered all very little to her. Nothing much mattered to her! Okay, not true. The one thing she cared about was her client's care.
"Oh! He's cyuuute!" She clapped her hands together again. Bunnies. She liked bunnies. Then came the note, which she accepted happily and read over, her three tails swishing back and forth rapidly. And lastly, came the picture. Wow. It definitely seemed like something that needed someone around to teach it a thing or two....Humm...
"You can set him down." She added, seeing that the Rabbot wanted to be free. "I don't mind guests, so long as they're careful!" That also went to Shula, if she wanted to wander.

Then her eyes grew wide. "Goodness!" She seemed to be absolutely thrilled at this wonderful news! What news? That Benji could see it too, so easily. She didn't even have to aid him to see the strange wonders of this home. "You're just too adorable! I could hug you!" But Benji was a stranger, and obviously nervous. So cute too. "Would you like to pet him?" The question was out only when she was already dashing back to pick up the 'cat' of a tea pot. In her eyes and, apparently, to Benji's too, it was a rather plump looking feline of a light purple shade with slightly darker purple tiger stripes, bright green eyes, a blue sock marking on one of his back feet and a large fluffy tail. To those that could see it as a cat, his tail was flicking in a pleasant way.
Metha left the tea pot cat before Benji, before stepping back to address both prospective owners. "Now then. That was all fun. But it's tradition for me to question! Sooo~ This is addressed to the both of you. Shaetani, Benji, neither of you have given me any ideas on what my little friend's life would be like. Please enlighten me?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/01/2008 9:22 PM

[[Just a reminder that you two, Shaetani and Arrikanez, need to reply, please, else I'll have to make the decision based simply on what little I know now.
And, on that note, since I've been awaiting them still, the current critter is still open for application until Metha announces the final decision.]]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/03/2008 11:08 PM

Wait, wait, wait. She was back here? Was heaven playing a trick on her? Zu'Hai must be laughing right now. it seemed she'd gone in a circle. This time, however, she had company. She looked down at the shorted, smaller woman at her side. Her hair was a light, peachy pink, tipped with a lovely and odd purple and pink at the ends. On her forehead there was an Ankh symbol, and her eyes were two different colors; the same pink and purple as on her hair. Two cat-like tails waved behind her. She carried a book in her arms. A record book, to be more precise.

She was the caretaker of all finances and records at the menagerie. She had been curious about this place, and halfway through Millie's circle she had caught up with her. Two little round cat-like ears twitched atop her head of hair, and she looked up at Millie curiously. "This place doesn't look scary at all. I mean, the way you described it, I expected like, huge towers, a spiked fence, and crazy Baskervilles lined up in the yards. It looks rather tame, if not odd." The young woman was practical, and shook her head at Millie's fantastical tales of a crazy place owned by a crazy lady. Millie threw up her hand's.

"Okay, it was different last time!" she defended. "I mean, I could've swore the yard was...Over there...Does this place like, rearrange itself when people leave?" She looked confused, before the young Kuhna woman patted her arm. "Don't worry. I'm sure your just standing in a different place than last time. That's why it looks different." She adjusted her blouse, and her arms were tighter around her record keeping book. She gave Millie a scathing look when she opened her mouth to complain.

"Just because you are the owner of the menagerie, and therefore, somewhat like my trainer, does not mean I need to stand here and listen to your paranoid ranting about moving gnomes, and crazy women. Now come on. this is getting ridiculous." She marched forward determinedly, and Millie followed at a more cautious pace, looking everything up and down as she went. She was still convinced a pie might just jump out at her. Tabitha sighed, and shook her head, looking quite annoyed with the taller woman's antics. She was about to knock on the door, when it simply...Creaked open.

How strange. Millie seemed freaked out by the event, and growled at the door. The younger woman padded in quietly, and Millie followed, still staring at everything like it was alive and wanted to eat her. Tabitha conducted herself to a room with a few other people in it. She looked a bit startled, but pulled Millie along behind her, as she padded forward to meet them. but before she could, something caught her eye. The Quicksylph. It floated in the air, seemingly dripping down into nothingness. She reached out a hand, eyes transfixed upon the creature. The air around it was warm, and it seemed to be a lifeless creature floating into nothingness.

"Oh, wow," she murmured, and then her ears pricked when she heard what the others were talking about. It was up for adoption, but she needed to give something for it. She turned, as Millie stared at the Quicksylph behind her. Tabitha had read about Quicksylphs and their desire to bond with one particular person. She thought about it. If she were to be bonded with it, what would she ask for in return? Her heart thudded painfully in her chest. Her brother...Meister...She nodded mentally. She knew what she would offer for this creature.

She smiled as her gaze met Metha's, and she straightened up, holding her record books closer. "I...I've never seen a Quicksylph quite like this one. If...If your trying to give it a good home, I can offer that. I...Also have these two things to offer as well." She handed Metha a piece of paper, shyness overcoming her ability to speak. Millie smiled form where she stood, but her gaze remained on the Quicksylph, studying it intently. "And I can offer it a good home...Would-would that be sufficient?"

Offer:
150-200 KS and a Trikuhna

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Polaris » 07/04/2008 11:54 AM

Polaris followed Metha to the place where the pets for sale were held, and ran her eyes over the single creature, fluttering around helplessly and slowly disintegrating right in front of her. The poor thing looked like it would fade away in to a brilliant puddle if it didn't find a trainer soon.

Listening to the lucain-girl with a small smile on her face and eagerness in her step, the young trainer Polaris drank in every word the other had to offer about the strange quickslyph. In seemed that there would indeed be mysteries to uncover with this creature, memories to be spoken, and wounds to be healed: just her kind of thing. Not easy, but satisfying all the same. Polaris wasn't much of a counselor, but had an ear for stories of all kinds, and was particularly interested in this quickslyph's story.

She almost reached her hand out to touch it, but pulled back quickly, not knowing how the slyph would react. She turned to Metha, " I would like to offer on the odd quickslyph... 200ks and perhaps a retired pet or kuhna? I have means for getting them... a different currency traded to the one called Baal, up to $5, which is akin to 150ks, or can also be used to procure an ancient kuhna, a retired kuhna and 25ks, or two retired pets and 25ks. Whichever is your choice? " Polaris ended her offer with the tremor of hopefulness in her voice, oh, how she wished to discover the past of this one, and help it find it's future.

The tall girl tapped a finger on her upper lip, thinking. Running a hand through her slightly wavy brown hair, she continued, "I have another slyph coming in soon. A wordslyph, or inkslyph as it may be called. This little guy," she waved a hand at the odd colored quickslyph, which she had secretly dubbed a scorchslyph, "Would not be without a friend for long. Until my inkslyph comes in, there is a certain kuhna that owes allegiance to me who would be delighted with a friend such as this... He calls himself Tamryen, and is a calamikuhna. I feel that the two would quickly bond, with their common interests of fire and ice." She examined the delicate thing, the purple ember on its forehead, the glowing wings, and soot colored body. It even had a softly shining aura, a thing sure to attract many questions. Polaris's green eyes crinkled in a smile- yes, this was a magnificent slyph.

Unfortunately, the one she spoke of could not be here at the moment, since he was in Idalani Falls with his much beloved family. Until then, she would take care of the delicate being herself. She already had a space in her pen ready for one quickslyph, it wouldn't be to much trouble to accommodate another.

Noticing for the fist time the other trainers gathered around, and their offers still hovering in the heavy noon-time air, Polaris crossed her fingers- in suspense and for luck.

{Offered: 200ks and 5 USD for use in the Evelon gift shop}

Breeder’s Listing~Zoo Pen
family crest and icon by me
I LIIIVE...?
Polaris
Master Specialist
Master Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1349
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 07/10/2008 4:04 AM

The Lunafly could almost have been overlooked, he was so small. However, no one could have missed the sound of metal slicing through wood. A few minutes later, the Lunafly flittered erratically into the room, wood shavings covering its unusual silver wings. A slight whistling noise came from it as it saw the glowing Quickslyph. Slowly, it approached the creature, then circled it, whistling lowly all the while.

"Well, well," he whispered. "What a magnificent beast. The perfect completion for our trio. I can almost forgive Oath for sending me to this stupid house with the biting door."

He whistled, a strange noise coming from a creature like him, and a Sky Slynx slunk through the door. A Blackberry Slikey followed close behind, and both of them seemed nervous.

"Yeah...I want to offer these two for the pretty little thing," chuckled the Lunafly. "Oh wait, I didn't introduce myself, did I? The names A. Joe. Call me that in full, will you? Anyways, this unique creature would not be neglected. Oath and I would train him in special ways, in ways that no one else has thought of. Plus, if these two are not enough, I also have 100 KS I can offer you." A. Joe flapped his wings nervously, glancing at the teapot. "Nice kitty...?" he whispered softly. "Don't bite...heh heh...make your choice quickly!" he begged.

The Sky Slynx gazed at Metha, trying to explain. She wanted to say that the Slikey and her had been abused and locked up. She wanted to say that A. Joe and his partner were bounty hunters, and would most likely train the Quicksylph in that way of work too. Curse the medicine they had forced down her throat! It had thickened her tongue, preventing her from speaking the words she wanted desperately to say.

Offer: Blackberry Slikey+Sky Slynx+100 KS
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 07/10/2008 4:23 AM

As MORE owners and pets flocked in, Benji lost what little nerve he'd had. He stroked the kitty that he was allowed to stroke, and simply fell silent, a tear or two trickling from his eyes. But he didn't let anyone know that he was crying. Loneliness was something to be bared alone. He simply sat with the teakettle kitty on his lap, and stroked it. The others offers all topped his. And, somehow, he had known this was going to happen. So he sat there and watched, hand never forgetting to pet. His last resort, price-wise was the War boy that had offered to be hired. Other than that, he was sunk and he knew it.

He tried to fade away into the scenery, to let Metha deal with her obviously more qualified customers. He was content right now just petting the teakettle, and watching. Although his heart ached for the little molten sprite... perhaps he'd find someone else that called to him in such a manner - though he doubted it. And dad was going to be angry for him leaving by now. He didn't care. He'd felt the mindtouch, and came to investigate. Even though he had nowhere near enough to make a convincing bid, he remained. Maybe Metha was nice, and would let him stay anyway? He liked it here.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Polaris » 07/10/2008 9:04 PM

Suddenly, a tiny slyph flew into the room. It was also rather strange, seeming to be made of paper and ink with words inscribed upon its skin. The little being flew over to Polaris, and landed its two dainty feet on her shoulder. Tugging on her earlobe, a soft whispering voice twittered a greeting. Delighted, Polaris held out her hand for the dripping slyph to step onto. Settling in her palm, the slyph pointed a finger and twittered at the other slyph in the cage insistantly.

Looking at her shoulder to where two tiny black footprints were, left from the slyph's ink-covered feet, Polaris laughed softly. She couldn't exactly understand what the slyph was saying as of yet, but the words slipping along the slyph's paper skin conveyed its thoughts accurately enough. Words such as "Curious, Why?, Glowing, Firey, Cage, and Free" swam along the plams, arms, and wings of the creature. Suddenly, it took off, and a sound not unlike the whispering book pages make when ruffled was heard.

Obviously, the little thing had something in mind. Wether communicating or just sizing up the scorchslyph, the inkslyph was determined to make some sort of contact with the other. The green-eyed girl watched the one that had laid claims to her with unblinking eyes. The slyph had decided to stay with her after meeting all the other residents at the Refuge it seemed. However it had not yet preformed the 'bonding ritual' that seemed nessecary to prolong the life of these little beings, Polaris had a vague idea of what it needed...

Breeder’s Listing~Zoo Pen
family crest and icon by me
I LIIIVE...?
Polaris
Master Specialist
Master Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1349
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/13/2008 1:07 AM

It seemed like everyone was piling in now, even a face that Metha had recognized from coming just before. She took in a deep breath. "Goodness. We're so busy today!" In order not to be overwhelmed by everyone at once, she had requested that each speak simply one at a time. Business was better this time around. It was rather obvious as to why, simply because the friend in need in which she found herself this time was even more rare then that of previous times. First, she gave her time to the one she knew as Millie, then to the next who didn't introduce herself. And what was this?! A Lunafly too?! Just everyone was appearing, weren't they?

The Lucain gone human clapped her hands together five times, in order to get everyone's attention. At that moment, the fiery, and slowly dying, creature in question came to her side. Such a tragic little thing, melting away with no one around to properly bond to and aid it. She held out her hands to it, next to one another, and it came to rest in them, sitting with it's long legs crossed. The molten metal that dripped off of the slyph's body burned at her flesh, her not being it's intended and it too weak to control itself very well any longer. However, the questionably in- oh, who are we kidding? Metha was undoubtedly insane. It didn't matter the degree, but it was noticeable fact. Nonetheless, she didn't wince what so ever at the pain.

"I won't be the one making the final decision." She informed everyone calmly, glancing at each who came, as well as all the creatures wandering around the room that had been escorted here. "I'd just love to help everyone! But only one of you will be chosen! Without further adu?"
With all of her words, the Molten Quikslyph had been looking between all the possible candidates. Just who would it choose? Who would be fit for a creature such as it? It seemed that it was all decided when it weakly flitted from Metha's hands, flitting weakly in a zig-zag pattern around everyone, before coming closer to the youngest one who had entered.

The "teapot" in Benji's arms suddenly jumped loose, able to be seen by everyone as an oddly colored, fairly fluffy, feline when it landed who pranced back to Metha, circling her legs. With it no longer taking space, the slyph beckoned to the Kuhna boy with one hand, as if pleading for him to hold out his hand so he could land there.

"And there you have it, folks!" Metha announced, bending down and hefting up the cat onto her shoulder. "Looks like Benji is the chosen one!~" She had a sing-song voice, excited that it would find a true home. "Sorry, sorry, everyone! But please do not be discouraged in coming here again! We do love company!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next