In contrast to the Dead Coast, Sa'fir Coast is jokingly referred to as the world's largest pepper deposit because of its black sand beaches. They attract tourists, who can enjoy the tropical landscape of Barakka without facing its harsh environments. (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Sa'fir Coast

"I'm just here for the sun and to annoy the locals." [P;L]

Postby MythicDusk » 01/28/2014 7:11 PM

Belias, being true to form, was currently staring down a large man, with Belias being in his own human form, the thick, ugly scar running down one side of his face, his brow furrowed heavily, his hand in where the ring finger was missing clenching and unclenching slowly. The other man then blinked an Belias whooped in victory. "Angry chicken! I am the champion!" The man slowly grinned. "You're a master, Belias. I couldn't match you, you've been a mercenary for how long?" Beli laughed, grinning widely. "Two and a half years, and now retired like the old bastard I am!" The other man laughed, throwing an arm around Beli's broad shoulders. Belias stood in clothes that were very unlike him. Board shorts and an open button-up cotton shirt, and he nudged the other male away, his bare feet sinking lightly into the sand as he began to walk away, waving over his shoulder to his old friend, inhaling the scent of the sea, smiling to himself.

Truthfully, he wasn't just there to annoy the locals, which was what he seemed to be doing, with the amount of sideways glances he god, but he was in fact meeting Zari. He sighed lightly at the thought of her, placing his hands in his pockets as he continued to walk.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Re: "I'm just here for the sun and to annoy the locals." [P;

Postby Mousen » 01/29/2014 5:00 PM

She stepped onto the black sands with a soft sigh, the circus was in town. Her town. She'd known the moment she'd arrived, a feeling in her bones rather than anything else. She'd found it quickly enough, and she'd gone back for the night. Her usual acrobatic routine had been made a little bit more punishing by her lack of practice. Her muscles ached, and she knew she smelt of the fire eater's cheap cigarettes and the magician's incense. Zari had that wild look back in her eyes again, for a brief moment she'd been tempted to go with them.

But, then there was Belias; she'd never leave unless he agreed to go with her. She wasn't going to ask, she'd join up with the circus again whenever their paths met. They'd had enough excitement in their lives without chasing it down themselves.

And there he was, conspicuous as ever. "Belias!" She called from across the beach, her dark hair pulled up in a loose ponytail.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 02/20/2014 4:17 PM

Hearing his name called, he turned and began to grin. "Hello there, my dear." He grumbled, his heavily scarred face having healed a slight, it would forever be disfigured, but the scars were looking older, less like they were going to open at the slightest inclination. He held his left hand to her, the scars across the hand and down the arm having healed well, his stump of a finger hardly bothering him any longer. He gave her a large grin. "What have you been doing?" He held his hand out to her, motioning to the length of the beach, wondering if she would walk with him.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/26/2014 2:39 PM

Zari gave him a large smile, she couldn't help but notice that his scars had faded ever so slightly. They'd never bothered her, but he looked healed now, at least to some extent. She took his hand in her left and twisted round so that his arm was around her shoulders. "My circus was in town last night. I couldn't do anything else but go back." She paused. "Next time they'd better warn me, I should really do more training if I'm going to perform my old routine."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby MythicDusk » 02/26/2014 3:01 PM

A flash of worry crossed his face when she said she had been in the troupe. Not that he had any right to worry, being an ex mercenary and all. "Did you hurt yourself?" He asked, a tinge of worry colouring his voice, his grip on her tightening ever so slightly. He then gave a soft sigh and a slight smile. "Did you have fun, is what I meant to ask." He chuckled lightly at his own foolishness. He walked slowly, his steps slow and gentle, keeping his pace slow as his feet sank into the dark sands. "I like it here, Zari." He sighed gently, smiling.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 02/26/2014 3:15 PM

She rolled her eyes, he didn't change. Except, perhaps, to gain a few more scars to add to his already vast collection. "Just a few aches that's all, and I had more than enough fun to make up for them." Zari gave him a gentle poke in the ribs with her elbow, just to make sure he got the message. "So do I, Belias," she replied. It was peaceful here, happy.

"Would you come back to the circus with me tonight? I'm not performing, but I want to say hello to the others. I didn't have much time yesterday."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 02/26/2014 3:41 PM

Giving a large grin, he nodded. "I would be delighted. The last time I was there, things didn't exactly go well..." He murmured gently, a blush brightening his features slightly. He pulled her closer somewhat again, finding himself wandering to the waters edge. "The sun's still out. What do you say to a quick swim?" He grinned wider, nuzzling his face into Zari's hair softly, smiling to himself. "I love you, my little cactus flower." He grinned, his nose scrunching a slight and his scars blocking his grin slightly.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 03/01/2014 4:21 PM

"You don't have to remind me. I think Sa'fir is a little less dangerous than Whisper Forest, though. We're owed a quiet trip to see my friends." They were practically family after all, she knew that they were all interested in meeting Belias again even after the first disastrous visit to the circus. After all, it'd be nice to meet the man that managed to steal their acrobat away from them.

Zari tilted her head to the side and smiled slightly, glad she made the decision to wear a bikini underneath her over-sized t-shirt and denim jeans. "Sure." She was a young woman, somewhere in her twenties, with coffee-coloured skin, curiously blue eyes and a tiny gold stud in her nose that glinted in the morning sunlight. She posed an elegant contrast to her much larger and much more scarred companion, although you couldn't have called her slight. Zari was of a thin build, certainly, but years of acrobatics had given her a stockiness that suggested that, should the need arise, she could take care of herself.

The woman rolled her eyes. "I love you too, Belias, even if you insist on calling me a cactus flower."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 03/01/2014 4:36 PM

"You're a little prickly, but beautiful nonetheless." He grinned wider, pulling off his shirt, showing the full extent of his scars, many crossing across his back, down his shoulders and across his chest. He looked much more healthy from the first time Zari met him. He was well muscled, and he began to wade into the waves. The cold water made his heart thunder in his chest, he felt a light tremble across his body as he shook out his arms, his glowing marking lighting up that slight bit more, his glowing eyes scanning across the waves. He then turned back to the beach, a large grin on his scarred face, and he waved over to Zari, his large hand waving to and fro above his head, before motioning her in.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/22/2014 4:01 PM

Zari let Belias go on ahead, while she paused to pull her hair up into a bun and fold up her t-shirt and jeans next to Belias' shirt. Then she followed him into the water, wading until it was just deep enough for her to swim. The water was calm, and she felt safe simply floating. The water was cold, but Zari found that she cared very little. It was soothing to her various aches and pains at least. "Why don't we do this more often?"

Oh, yeah, it was because they were destined to end up in life-threatening, scar-giving situations.

Hm.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/26/2014 8:33 PM

Belias gave off a joking 'Hmm', a smile stretching across the unmarred portion of his face, his nose scrunching slightly. "Well, we didn't do this stuff before because I was a useless boyfriend who used to march off to war. At least I've learned now, hmm?" He wondered if she would pick up on this hint, one glowing eye watching her with interest as he began to move closer to her, the water rippling around him as he moved slowly and sluggishly, standing beside her, he was still able to touch the bottom. He gave his large, lopsided grin, wanting so badly to do nothing more than take her into his arms and never let go.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/30/2014 4:42 PM

She didn't move while Belias waded through the water to meet her, but raised her eyebrows at his words. Leaning back in the water, she looked up at him. The sun was at his back, casting a shadow onto the water in front of him.

"What do you mean, you've learnt?" she asked, not daring to assume what she was hoping that meant.

Surely, it couldn't be that. She'd learnt to live with the fact that his periodic absences were a fact of life, as was the stress and the worry that went with waiting for him to come back.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/30/2014 6:03 PM

"Well, I'm never leaving your side again for as long as I live, and I'm going to be getting a retirement payment from the company, so think what you want." He let his eyes close as he gave a light shrug, opening them again with a half-mouthed grin, which was the largest grin he could muster. His eyes and the marking on his chest flared as he spoke, raising a wet hand and running it through the thick locks of hair. "I love you, Zari. I don't want to leave anymore." He spoke in a gentle mumble, diverting his eyes away from her, suddenly finding the deep blue of the ocean much more interesting.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/31/2014 6:42 PM

Retirement. Belias.

Belias. Retirement.

As in not being a mercenary. As in no longer vanishing for months at a time to go fight bloody stupid wars and come back half-dead. Holy shit.

In her surprise, Zari lost her balance in the water, tipping backwards. She quickly surfaced again, kicking up against the seabed (but not before she'd breathed in half a lungful of sea water). She spluttered for a moment or two, coughing and trying to catch her breath.

"You what?!" she asked, still sounding hoarse. "You? Giving up almost dying on a regular basis? Oh my god."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/31/2014 6:47 PM

"I swear woman, if you do that again, I'll go back to war just to spite you." He snapped, grabbing her wrist to hold her above water, his glowing eyes shining brightly. His brow furrowed lightly and he began to walk towards the shore, her hand still firm in his. "We're going back to shore so you can't die." A smile began to creep on his lips and he looked over his shoulder to her, giving her a sharp, insistent tug on her arm, obviously wanting to go back to shore, not just to prevent Zari from drowning. A low chuckle began to echo in his chest. "Yes. I'm no longer going to war. I'll be home all the time and you'll have to learn to live with waking up next to me every day." He gave her a playful wink, grinning wide.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer